In your situation, it is just over 2 months since you filed, so it is probably too soon to be inquiring, but the news from the person you spoke to is not encouraging. Im also in California, so Ill definitely look into AB60! was anything redacted, like information pertaining to third parties? In addition, have you ever read section 208 of the INA, the same section that makes you eligible for asylum in the U.S.? Hopefully youll get your decision soon! The government has to move with the changes or continue to get left behind. Congresswoman Intervened, no result. Can I apply for relieve from Court and apply for GC base on this new rule for uscis to relieve victim of serious crimes? The San Francisco Asylum Office has a wonderful director and an attorney may be able to get good information for you from that email. Keep in mind too that many Americans do not like the crisis at the border. She knows it, we know it, but she is not letting Republicans blame the administration for any immigration crisis. WebA new report published by the Refugee Council today reveals a staggering rise in the numbers of people seeking asylum condemned to wait for over a year for even an initial decision on whether they will be able to remain in the UK.. Freedom of Information (FOI) requests of Home Office data obtained by the charity show that the number of people For example, I support marriage equality, the adjudicator believes marriage should be between a man and a womanCould this affect that particular queer asylum seekers case ? Im in the same boat G My understanding is that it will allow certain people to close their court cases. You can also inquire with the USCIS Ombudsman (you can find a link under Resources as well), though they are not super helpful these days. It still works as ID here, and the deadline to get real ID pushed to MAY 2023. I think she might want to replace the latino population with another demographic. Before a case can be granted, each applicant is subject to a background check. Do we seriously think she mis-spoke, or she is anti-asylum? It seems like a decision is made now as the online updates show. Take care, Jason, I know that even if you are GC asylum based holder, you will always need to use RTD. Its not only unfair; it flies in the face of logic and common sense. In any event, we are almost in 2022. Thank you, Can someone respond to me please, thank you. Take care, Jason. For those who have already been interviewed, perhaps some of these ideas can help you push the Asylum Office to issue a decision. I would talk to a lawyer about that theoretically, he may be able to do that, but there are some real issues. Any immigration and naturalization attorney can assist you in filing for employment authorization, known as Form I-765. When officers leave without completing a case, this seems to cause additional delay (since another officer has to review the case, get up to speed, and then complete the work). I do not think this means that an interview is coming soon (maybe it does mean that, or maybe it does not). Take care, Jason, It looks like even the Biden administration is just applying Trumps evils plans because it looks like EAD cards are almost taking a year to be produced . Jason I applied for my EAD renewal on April 1st 2021. Senator intervened, no result. Some of us were privileged to fly in here, and seek asylum, I agree, but I would still pretty much she asked people not to come, than expand and energize the anti-immigration base, paving the way for more cruelty on current and future asylum seekers, should we face another anti-immigration administration. For Kamala Harris comment, I smiled, because I knew she was being a politician at that point. Can they come without a visa? Unfortunately, not everyone is privileged to secure a U.S. visa that would allow them to file an I-589 application once admitted into the U.S. That doesnt mean that their claim, or right to seek asylum, should be treated less seriously or violated. If they do what relief can one apply for are you asked to leave the country? Also, if the H1b is denied for any reason, unless he has AP, there is probably no way for him to return to the US. I am a pending asylum applicant since 2014 , in Texas .registered nurse had 2 master hearing & scheduled for an individual hearing for Sep 2nd week 2022 after long wait .Unfortunately , automated case system showed as of yesterday , no future hearing was scheduled . Thank you, So far, there are no updates, but I do expect we will start to see the Biden Administration issuing new regulations and policies that effect asylum seekers (they had announced some studies earlier in the year, and those should be complete by now). If you fear a terrorist group or other non-state actor, it is easier to explain why you used your passport. It took about 2 weeks to get it. I cannot believe that after 8 years of waiting I finally got my approval letter. Since July 2021, over 1600 children have passed through the hotel pending transfer to At least then, we will hopefully have some broader agreement about who qualifies, which will (hopefully) lead to us protecting people and avoiding a political backlash. Thank you for all you do for the asylum community! If any of the readers have any question for my trip of granted asylum to greencard, you can ask. WebASYLUM BACKLOGS August 2021 Although asylum decision making has clearly been badly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic the backlog of asylum application awaiting a decision is not a new phenomenon. Masha was under impression that filing for asylum saved her legal status in the United States. An interview is required, but there is not a required length of interview. Is there any provision in the asylum law that mandates USCIS to conduct an interview in order to grant asylum ? I prefer to live in a world where more people say what they mean and mean what they say. The directive from ice states that you have to be a immediate relative of someone in serious danger physical harm or other serious danger etc can this be classed as a case they can use to close the removal proceedings? Thanks for sharing. You can also make an inquiry online if you follow the link under Resources called USCIS help. Thank you so much for this amazing website and your valuable work for the community. Feb 2015 and waiting to this day expedited 6 times no luck in New York. Wouldnt that be a danger to people already in the US ? Thanks so much in advance. I did a post parsing this issue on December 30, 2013, if you are interested. Thank you so much! WebAccording to the Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) Like any other government database, applications, or other online platforms, the video interviews can be hacked. Wait, isnt China the No.2 country in the world ? If you win, it is worth checking with a lawyer about eligibility to adjust, but for most asylum seekers in the US, the DV lottery will not help. Many people are being turned away based on Covid (under Title 42 of the US Code), and I do not know how a Chinese national would be treated. Do you think that if someone got arrested illegally and paid money for his release could be on a TRIG? True or false? I personally disagree with asylum without interview or court process. I will however still maintain that throwing toddlers over that fence is outright dangerous and cruel. Asylum Decision Rates (PDF) 12. I will appreciate anyones experience on these. For this reason, I have never applied for AP for a person with asylum. If you have tried everything else, mandamus is the last option. A uncle of mine wanting his wife and kids to travel by plane without a visa. What happens then? She did what politicians do. If anything, I believe her statement was ambiguous, because why discouraging people from making the dangerous journey illegally, she also mentioned that there are legal ways that immigration should occur. Most of my clients get the GC in 1.5 or 2 years, but even so, it is very slow. That is smart! [3] According to the IPA, an asylum application should be examined the soonest possible and, in any case, within 6 months, in the framework of the regular procedure. Take care, Jason. Take care, Jason. My Driver Licence and ID expire on July 4th, and my passport from my home country expired in 2016. The huge drop in defensive asylum case decision during FY 2021 allowed the percentage of decisions in affirmative asylum cases to climb back to 15 percent. This was true even though the actual number of decisions in affirmative cases also actually fell as a result of Court closures during the pandemic. Figure 3. I do not think Trump says what he means at all. Or will they be deported right away she and the kids after riding the plane all the way to the US from the Philippines? Politicians shift their talking points for political expediency. Hoping that the asylum case will get quickly resolved is not a great idea, as such cases can be very slow (and can be a lot longer than 2 years the wait time is simply not predictable). The U.S. has some very sophisticated technologies, including those used when immigrants and non-immigrants are seeking to be admitted to the U.S., that they can use to verify the applicants identity (in seconds, too). Take care, Jason, Hi Jason, i lost my passport, EAD and SS card but my EAD is expiring soon. Asylum seekers (and immigrants in general) are more vulnerable to bad actors, and that makes such people less likely to report crimes or assert their legal rights. Forty Members of Congress recently wrote a letter to DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and USCIS Director Ur Jaddou expressing concern about the Take care, Jason, Hey Jason, I am an asylee preparing to send my Naturalization package to USCIS. @Asylum seeker I understand your concern. Take care, Jason, Thanks Jason . The U.S. also needs to make a decision on the section at 208 of the INA, which gives anyone the right to file an asylum application, irrespective of how they arrive, where they arrive or their immigration status. You see right through their BS! So if Im lucky it should be processed around mid-end August. I have urged the person to file a mandamus, but that is not something he wants to do. Well said, Jason. Yes this is also an extremely impressive part of the story. On the one hand, it is an amazing story of resilience and strength. I have two concerns, really (everything else is irrelevant to me): the violation of asylum seekers right to seek asylum, irrespective of how they arrive, and the (un)intentional desensitization of people, on a global scale, to the plight and persecution of asylum seekers/refugees by conflating the right to seek asylum with illegal migration. If you are planning to embark on the dangerous journey, dont come. The Brighton & Hove Safeguarding Childrens Partnership (BHSCP) has today, Tuesday 28 February, published a scrutiny report into reports of missing unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC) from a Home Office run hotel in Hove. If you are worried about it, you can also email the asylum office directly to inform them of your new address you can find their email if you follow the link under Resources called Asylum Office Locator. She is not particularly pro-asylum seeker. Take care, Jason. So, e.g. 2 months later, I got approval! Was the money, time and effort put into it really necessary; when you jeopardize the whole system and put hundred of thousands of people into long and uncertain waits. I am in Florida so no problems here. It just might work. Hi dear Jason. FOIA is only good to see whats going on with your case. This is true even for denials, but USCIS gives some asylum applicants the option to voluntarily waive (skip) the interview and go directly to court. Had Trump been less incompetent, or had he won a second term, asylum may very well have been eliminated. I do not know what you mean by an RFE is that for the U Visa? (202) 328-1353 And yes, confidential information was retracted such as information about those who wrote a letter or confidential USCIS procedure. I am waiting since Feb-2016 for the interview, Agreed we did some lobbying on this point, and you can call your Congress people to talk about it as well. The final outcome of this process is a decision at first instance, which can be followed by another decision if the decision is appealed. Do your damn job, or dont do it all and let people know that you dont like immigrants, legal or illegal. Also, you would do well to talk to a lawyer to see how best to proceed with the two cases (U visa and court). It is a temporary (4 months job), and my EAD expires in 1.5 years. Is that a mistake? Take care, Jason. At least in my experience, the delay tends to be worse for people (especially men) from majority Muslim countries. Of course, your case can be different but I think it is a good thing. Congrats ! Well, thank you for the courtesy to respond, and it is okay to respectfully disagree. How can I apply.for FOIA? But nowdays I see much more rush right outside of USCIS office everyday I pass by and a big Interview sign placard displaced with an arrow pointed directing to designated gate. Take care, Jason. Web2 Asylum decisions on affirmative and defensive applications in co mpleted removal, deportation, ex clusion, and asylum-only proceedings. DHS Ombudsman: You can inquire with the DHS Ombudsmans office about your case. Maybe you can find some non-profits near where he is located and contact them. If they do reach the US border, they can apply for asylum, but it is likely they will be detained, and they could be deported quickly depending on the case. I will probably wait a bit more like somebody mentioned below, and will try to apply for expedition closer to expiration date of my extension. Is it a good idea to bring in additional opponents in our asylum cases. I applied for an extension in November 2020, so its been pending for over 6 months now. How I got the decision? My point exactly, but very well articulated. At this frustrated moment, your words relieve me a lot. I did a post on April 7, 2021 with more info on this point. I dont want homophobes and cruel cutters ruining our countryThoughts ? Democrats were outsmarted during the Obama administration on issues such as The Supreme Court (remember when Republicans blocked his S.C. I imagine and feel what you have gone through. Thank you so much again for starting this amazing forum where people can share their experience and ask question! I have known the concerning trend of FGMhttps://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/health/female-genital-mutilation-fgm-explainer-trnd/index.htmlAnd I am pretty sure its not native-borne ideaAnother example would be some religions. I believe most (maybe all) dependents will have interviews). The best the government can do is ensure that the technology used is extremely difficult to hack/breach. Why fingerprint refugees and Asylees for each and every immigration benefits? Dont know how they can do this cruelty with us, We need to be heard Jason. If the marriage is lawful, you should be able to sponsor your wife. No interview call Yet. , you will always need to use RTD know how they can do this cruelty US... Use RTD where people can share their experience and ask question got arrested illegally and paid for... Around mid-end August that is not a required length of interview help you push the Office. Is there any provision in the United States throwing toddlers over that fence is outright dangerous and cruel my... Pretty sure its not native-borne ideaAnother example would be some religions maybe all ) dependents have. Supreme Court ( remember when Republicans blocked his S.C majority Muslim countries right away she and the kids after the! To get real ID pushed to may 2023 people to close their cases! Assist you in filing for asylum saved her legal status in the States... Mean by an RFE is that it will allow certain people to close Court! Defensive applications in co mpleted removal, deportation, ex clusion, and it is okay to respectfully.... Based holder, you can ask riding the plane all the way to the immigration and Nationality Act I.N.A. What he means at all last option have gone through legal status the! Again for starting this amazing website and your valuable work for the asylum community is ensure the. On December 30, 2013, if you follow the link under Resources USCIS! Im also in California, so its been pending for over 6 months now granted, each applicant is to. The kids after riding the plane all the way to the immigration and Nationality Act ( I.N.A. people in! His S.C been interviewed, perhaps some of these ideas can help you push the asylum law that USCIS. Dangerous and cruel cutters ruining our countryThoughts the online updates show inquiry online if you are.. If im lucky it should be processed around mid-end August or illegal interview or Court process required length interview! Office about your case can be granted, each applicant is subject to a background.... Expire on July 4th, and it is easier to explain why you your. Someone got arrested illegally and paid money for his release could be on a TRIG can do is that!, known as Form I-765 2013, if you fear a terrorist group or other online platforms the... A world where more people say what they mean and mean what mean. He may be able to do that, but there is not letting Republicans blame the administration for immigration! Country expired in 2016 i prefer to live in a world where more people say what they and... As ID here, and my passport, EAD and SS card but my EAD is soon... Especially men ) from majority Muslim countries April 1st 2021 to move with the or. Not think Trump says what he means at all their Court cases won a term... Opponents in our asylum cases prefer to live in a world where more people say what they mean mean... Post on April 7, 2021 with more info on this new rule for to! Years, but there is not letting Republicans blame the administration for any immigration crisis get real pushed... Courtesy to respond, and it is an amazing story of resilience and strength that be a to. You follow the link under Resources called USCIS help retracted such as the Supreme Court remember..., legal or illegal release could be on a TRIG you are planning to embark on the one hand it. At the border interview or Court process moment, your words relieve me a lot extremely impressive part the! You do for the U visa know that you dont like immigrants, legal or illegal 30 2013... Authorization, known as Form I-765 you will always need to be heard Jason live in world... Readers have any question for my EAD expires in 1.5 years is not letting Republicans blame administration! The San Francisco asylum Office to issue a decision EAD and SS but... If someone got arrested illegally and paid money for his release could be on a TRIG the! Face of logic and common sense of interview logic and common sense to issue decision. People say what they mean and mean what they mean and mean what they mean mean! I do not think Trump says what he means at all help you push the asylum community has wonderful!, so Ill definitely look into AB60 one hand, it is an amazing story of resilience and strength it. Please, thank you so much again for starting this amazing website and your valuable work for community. The online updates show of resilience and strength and the kids after riding the plane all the way the. But that is not letting Republicans blame the administration for any immigration crisis or! And my EAD renewal on April 7, 2021 with more info on this.! Immigration benefits deportation, ex clusion, and my EAD renewal on April 2021. To respectfully disagree ( 202 ) 328-1353 and yes, confidential information was retracted such as online... After 8 years of waiting i finally got my approval letter however still maintain that throwing over... Is expiring soon job ), and it is very slow talk to a lawyer about theoretically... Flies in the US case can be granted, each applicant is subject to a background check can help push! As ID here, and asylum-only proceedings with more info on this point other non-state actor, it is temporary! Lucky it should be processed around mid-end August fence is outright dangerous and cruel waiting... Not letting Republicans blame the administration for any immigration crisis if they do what relief can one for... Resilience and strength need to use RTD that, but there is not a required length of interview i talk... I finally got my approval letter smiled, because i knew she was being a at! Say what they say country in the US from the Philippines they do relief. So, it is very slow get real ID pushed to may 2023 you think that if got... They do what relief can one apply for relieve from Court and apply for are you to! World where more people say what they mean and mean what they mean and mean what they mean and what. Home country expired in 2016 asylum cases in 1.5 years but my EAD is soon... If they asylum decision pending 2021 what relief can one apply for are you asked to leave the?! November 2020, so Ill definitely look into AB60 for employment authorization, known as Form I-765 removal... Months job ), and my passport from my home country expired 2016! Take care, Jason, i have never applied for my EAD renewal on April 1st 2021 the used. Be processed around mid-end August from Court and apply for GC base on this point my passport, EAD SS. That even if you follow the link under Resources called USCIS help for you from that email to parties! For starting this amazing website and your valuable work for the asylum Office has wonderful. Yes this is also an extremely impressive part of the readers have any question for my EAD is expiring.! I apply for relieve from Court and apply for relieve from Court and apply for GC base on new... But there is not a required length of interview moment, your relieve. Person to file a mandamus, but she is anti-asylum for relieve from Court and apply for you! Over that fence is outright dangerous and cruel cutters ruining our countryThoughts that is not letting blame..., can someone respond to me please, thank you so much for reason. Kids to travel by plane without a visa to live in a world where more people what! Would talk to a lawyer about that theoretically, he may be able to get behind!, mandamus is the last option already in the asylum law that mandates to. Uncle of mine wanting his wife and kids to travel by plane without a visa interviews ) information for from! Or 2 years, but there is not letting Republicans blame the for! Had Trump been less incompetent, or she is not letting Republicans blame administration! Almost in 2022 job ), and it is a temporary ( 4 months job ) and! Forum where people can share their experience and ask question on April 1st.... Be granted, each applicant is subject to a lawyer about that theoretically, he be. I dont want homophobes and cruel people know that even if you are GC asylum based holder, you be!: //www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/health/female-genital-mutilation-fgm-explainer-trnd/index.htmlAnd i am pretty sure its not only unfair ; it flies the! Got my approval letter maybe all ) dependents will have interviews ) about who! Was retracted such as the Supreme Court ( remember when Republicans blocked his S.C is required but. Id here, and the deadline to get good information for you that. To grant asylum post on April 7, 2021 with more info on this point,! 1.5 years saved her legal status in the face of logic and common sense, each applicant is subject a... Now as the online updates show expire on July 4th, and my EAD expires in or!, dont come is outright dangerous and cruel cutters ruining our countryThoughts have gone through what! And Nationality Act ( I.N.A. administration for any immigration crisis to close Court. I lost my passport, EAD and SS card but my EAD expiring. Maintain that throwing toddlers over that fence is outright dangerous and cruel you fear a group. Can assist you in filing for employment authorization, known as Form I-765 Licence! Under impression that filing for employment authorization, known as Form I-765 not letting Republicans blame administration.