sweet hollow road deaths

For more information regarding Sweet Hollow Road please reach out to us through our contact page. Editorial opinions expressed on the site are strictly our own, and are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers. In this post, you will learn about the earliest known human activity of this location, the different bizarre practices that have taken place there through time; all the way up to the modern use and legends we know and share today. Sign up to receive emails from A Gothic Curiosity Cabinet. I went to west hills elementry school. For those of you who have power, I hope in some small way this helps get your mind off things. Why is it so damn spooky? Friction immediately ensued after Europeans arrived on Native Long Island. If it really was "men in black" I think my friend and I were good test subjects or whatever bc of the outlook we both have on things like this. I was fortunate to have gotten my power back three days afterthe storm. We started going in thr graveyard, while me and my friend were flipping out (there was 3 girls and 7 guys, i"m a girl) we were just walking around, not gunna lie this place gave me the chills the whole night. If you get picture damn real and prove to me and what they are doing there. For those of you still struggling, I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I knew she was a ghost. New Montefiore Cemetary. Were driving, listening to music like I said, and idk why we were talking the whole time but I remember just being silent and in a sort of haze until I finally question how long we have been on this road. Sweet Hollow Road is the name of a scary road located in Suffolk County, in the US state of New York. . I contacted L.I.P.I I believe it was called telling them about my incounter but received an Email back telling me they don't bring civilians on paranormal investigations. I was born and raised in Salem, Massachusetts, Alice began. he stayed there until he vanished out of sight in our rear view. we all got spooked and were shocked at the same time so we started up the car and sped off. . When I looked back in the rearview mirror there were two identical black Mercedes tailing me. Simply click here to return to. I told Rob 2 ask her a question but instead he drove away. We got into the cars and kept driving around and as we were driving we see a ripped up white tshirt with holes and blood in it , and we passed by a pole with blood splattered in it!!!! We heard children laughing in the woods all around us. You are still completely responsible for your decisions, your actions, and your safety. You'll never know who, or what, you may run into. The first time I investigated these legends, a police car did, in fact, pass me, but I was not stopped so I could not check out a blown away head. The road is totally paved. Menu. Though as it was dark I couldn't make out whether it was a deer or one of the islands recent coyotes that settled down within the last year or so. They spoke of strange lights which appeared on it, livestock disappearing on its slopes, as well as mysterious creatures spotted in the woods. Perhaps the most well-known legend involves the Sweet Hollow Road Bridge. As the story goes, there is a police officer who stops cars parked on Sweet Hollow Road. We ascended the staircase one day passing the baby carriage. The road is a lonely, tree-filled, windy road with no sidewalks, bordering a large wooded park. Before the hurricane, I was just coming off my book launch at the Book Revue, in Huntington for my new novel The Medal. Only five months after the rebuilding, it supposedly was torched by an insane woman and burned to the ground again. Bc we shouldve went under pretty much right after turning around but no. Yet all these years later, people still bring up Sweet Hollow Road to me at mylectures. She is supposedly buried in the graveyard nearby. But if you take the right trail, you hit the road. The Legends & Myths of Mount Misery & Sweet Hollow Road, A Romantic Getaway At Kings Park Psychiatric Institution, A True Ghost Story for Christmas: Abigail of Montauk Point Lighthouse, Tales From Head of the Harbor and St. James I: New Thoughts on Mary Hatchet and Mary's Grave, Tales From Head of the Harbor & St. James Part II: What Lies Beneath Mary's Grave, The legends of Sleepy Hollow Road, near Prospect and Louisville KY. we didnt know if he was going to shoot us or what, an old man. She knows, because she has seen Mary in the flesh. i saw his body on the ground through the window. We want your experiences too! The long stretch of trails through the woods, which eventually became a road, kept the name Sweet Hollow, as it remains today. The road that holds more than its share of ghostly tales and seems to harbor most of these ghostly wayfarers. Its a portal to the spirit world.and what people see is just the tip of the icebergits a frightening world to visitbeware. In the 1970's, several teenages are said to have hanged themselves on the bridge, dangling above the overpass. Use our interactive map to explore the roads or just discover them by browsing the site. Mary, the lady in white: The story goes that Mary and her boyfriend were driving on Sweet Hollow when they got into an argument and Mary either fell, jumped, or was pushed out of the car. It wasnt late, but a storm was rolling in and it got pretty dark out. It was a pretty exctiing adventure, it gave us such an adrenaline rush. Hey man I believe you.supernatural phenomena iz out there.Believe me out not, I've seen and heard some stuff.I've made deals with demons and seen miracles.God has blessed me in so many different ways, its krayzie.But remember, god always has his hand on youre back and iz alwayz on your rite side.He will never leave or forsake you.Remember that, i was jus there with my boys an hour ago we were in two cars parked under the northern state parkway waiting to get pushed then an atv came and some guy was flashing a light at the cars and then drove off. The Lady in White, aka Mary, is an apparition who walks along Sweet Hollow Road. I wasn't much afraid from watching Ghost shows nd being American Indian I feel things I can't explane I didn't feel a threat. Perhaps even you, reader, have traveled there before and may have your own expereinces to share. The American Revolution hit this area pretty hard. There is a radio tower in that area that could have affected your GPS. It came out of nowhere. The area of Sweet Hollow Road and Mount Misery has served as the backdrop for many historical events and local legends throughout the centuries. I also want to mention that I remember letting other cars pass us on the first way but on the way back we encountoured no vehicles, that either of us remember. I asked Rob if he was seeing what I was seeing and he said, "legs man". There were 1,073 fatal car accidents on Long Island from 2012 to 2016, according to an examination of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data. She didn't read the papers and it was not our school district as we live 5 or 10 miles away. But the next and last time we went there. we parked the car near the stables and got out and walked. Mary was struck by another car and killed instantly. I know a bunch of people who went here. The second occasion was the other night, again i had my friend record what happened. Huntington Veteran Pens 1st Children's Book On Dogs' Paris Adventure, Four Ferraris Stolen From Dealership + Huntington Police Blotter, Huntington Library Events: Yoga, Travel Apps, True Crime Club, More, Johns Crazy Socks Enters the Wholesale Channel so Retail Stores Can Sell Our Socks, LI School District Overpaid $1.1 Million In Overtime: Audit | Patch PM, Suffolk To Review Complaints Of Police Misconduct Through Portal, Commack Family Man Killed In Crash; GoFundMe Made, Open Houses In And Around Huntington: Check Out The Latest Listings, Walt Whitman HS Educator Named Master Teacher In NYS, LI Cares, Old Navy Of Huntington Teaming Up To Help Long Island, 'For Satos Sake' Documentary To Premiere In Huntington, 'Alarming' Food Insecurity Increase On Long Island, Food Bank Says. To keep this resource 100% free, we receive compensation for many of the products and services listed on the site. Cars would drive up behind me and I would just pull over so they can pass, because I wanted to take my time. so i shine a light and i see this white clody image coming from the grave and i was looking carefully and start to see this wierd thing walking towards my car so i quicly role up my window and saw these hand print printed on my window, so i started to think that the story could of been true. Never really was spooked as a kid growing up there. The Northern State Parkway overpass on the road is a popular place to put your car in neutral to see if a ghost will push it to safety. I grew up in Plainview off Washington Ave behind Round Swamp Road. Sweet Hollow Road is at a traffic light turn north. Several local legends revolve around this road. She was on her way to her nail guy that is located on Jericho Turnpike (Huntington). I wish there was more info and other people experienced this bc Ive been digging for any other similar experiences people have had and cant really seem to find any other than on this site so thank you, just commented about my experience and would like to add something I thought was strange but deemed insignificant even in the moment when I saw them. 796 Sweet Hollow Road, Sheldon VT, is a Single Family home that contains 2224 sq ft and was built in 2005.It contains 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.This home last sold for $462,500 in February 2023. Like all of Long Island, the story of Sweet Hollow Road goes back thousands of years to the Native American communities of this area. When and if this ever happened, no one seems to know for sure. In 1635, the Huntington settlers constructed a small stone fort within this coveted area to protect themselves at night during hunting excursions from Native Americans. The cemetery is located in the very western section of Suffolk County, located not far from the border with the Town of Oyster Bay and Nassau County. I believe ur daughter saw the little girl. Safe and Spooky Travels! And we saw them right before we wouldve turned around to go back or we saw them just after we already turned around to go back but before the underpass that neither of us remember going under its hard to remember which or if we saw them both just after coming out from underpass and just before going back under bc it was a while ago I wish I knew exactly what happened but I remember feeling them looking at us. If you honk your cars horn three times right before going under the overpass, it is said you will see the kids. Why is Sweet Hollow Road famous for? Passing cars have a hard time seeing around the winding corners of such a tight path. It is likely, Native Americans of this area were protecting their home territory from encroching European settlers. They don't spook me. Alice Kremelberg in Sweet Hollow (2015) People Alice Kremelberg. I would go on walks each evening, after I found myself walking to Sweet Hollow Road every day after that. Local legends abound about Mary, including a tale that a jealous boyfriend killed her by pushing her out of his moving car and into the path of another car. People just "believe" there is paranormal activity so they "see" it. According to legend, Mt. My original intention was right beforeHalloween, and then all hell broke loose. I have to admit to taking my midnight blue, 1979 Camaro (with power windows, I may add) up there to see if the car would in fact, turn off. If you grew up on Long Island you know about this place Ive heard some people claim that their car did roll when under in the bridge in neutral but nothing else than that visited many times throughout the years stopped under the bridge nothing ever happened that Ive "seen" but about a year ago a friend and I decided we wanted to go so we entered sweet hollow rd from the Jericho tpke entrance everything normal we were listening to music basically just going for a drive a usual thing we do, neither one of us are easily spooked and we both have good energy. It was around 11PM and we had been driving for about an hour already. to witness the beautiful historic architecture not to make yourself "pee in your pants". We parked the cars around the corner so no cops would see. Share YOUR roads!We'vemorethan 13.000 roads but we want more! I remember about a year ago I found out about this road, and of course was curious to go check it out, however I can't really say if what happened was coincidental or not. I went to get out and they started crying. There's a very old foundation on the corner of sleepy hollow, and Chichester rd's. The Northern State Parkway overpass on the road is a popular place to put your car in neutral to see if a ghost will push it to safety. The red barn originally had 1 horse stall, a tack room, and a large room problem for a carriage. i have lived in the area my entire life.. walked those woods and trails both night and day , and hung out in the woods as a teen and nope ..nothing this is all a bunch of nice stories. These remnants were from thousands of years before European arrival in America and includes many types of stone tools (like arrow heads) and pottery. i listened, headed towards sweet hollow rd to leave instead of to mt misery. You will pass a cemetery on the right and the overpass is just up ahead. The run should take 20 minutes max at 30mph but at 50mph it should have taken almost half that time.I really felt spooked but after going under the Northern State overpass I felt back to normal and the area again looked normal. However, this area was unsuitable for farming and a strangeness in the soil led the Native Americans to consider this area dangerous and "off-limits", or so the legend goes. One story says that Mary was tried as a witch for killing local children. And at the same time I saw this little girl, the car my sister was in was in a minor fender bender. The fields on either side looked strange not what I saw the other times and I could swear I saw grain stalks tied up in the fields. Actually you hit a fence. This exact thing happened to my friends cousin a year earlier. Make sure you look at him as he walks back to his patrol car because the back of his head will be blown away. but of course nothing came up. I still sometimes drive up the rd nd tell whoever I'm with, "that's the spot" they get freaked out because I don't explain y I say that but still 2 this day me nd Rob agrEe on what we saw.. The mini bike broke and I had to walk it 1/2 mile home. Register for a user account. Attorneys; Practice Areas. Titles . Sweet Hollow Road and Mount Misery are located in West Hills, a hamlet in the Town of Huntington, New York. We get to the bridge, test the theory, nothing. My friend purposely waited about ten seconds with the car in neutral & lights off before honking & nothing happened. Misery no man's land. me and my friends used to go up to sweet hollow in high school also. The hospital was rebuilt 15 years later only to be burned down again by an insane woman named "Mary". dangerousroads.org is not responsible for the information contained in these pages. Ok yesterday we went through Sweet Hollow road and we went once in the day and then again at night. When I was younger a lot of different groups of my friends would make the trip and even though we all been there before it would take forever to find the road then getting on there we would always end up lost or one way seems longer than the other..idk other than that I just get spooked from being so dark I guess. THE STORY OF SWEET HOLLOW ROAD AND MOUNT MISERY I grabbed my head with both hands in panic like the world was ending. so were never going in again it's evil and we both know it, Me and my friends went there just last night. Archaeological excavations in the 1960s by Ron Wyatt of Garvies Point Museum discovered evidence of an ancient Native campsite along what would later become Sweet Hollow Road. A black dog is also said to be a resident of the Sweet Hollow Road/Mount Misery area. United States Melville Cemetery . The archaeological remains indicated that the vicinity of present day Sweet Hollow Road was perhaps a winter campsite/hunting grounds for ancient Native Americans on Long Island. I think personal intentions really matter when visiting places like this. its such an intriguing area.. it has history. Death Road is a lethal journey in the Bolivian Yungas region. Sweet Hollow Road Melville, New York 23.3 miles from Westport, CT. At thetime, the area supposedly had an abundance of wild honey. When we got to a house 3 or 4 down on the right my oldest's voice got very flat and monotone and she said someone died at the house, drowned.It recently snowed and the fields etc. The road inspired hundreds of years of terror-filled tales, together with Sweet Hollow Road, a road running parallel. have a happy and healthy yule! I was with four friends. I think it was 2005 my friend Rob and I had nothing to do, we had just graduated it was summer time. Saw what I'm pretty certain was an animal darting across the road a good distance away near the curve around Jaynes Hill on the southbound drive back to the 110 area. Nothing happened. Christian? the woman said and laughed again. Non-human ghosts are also said to haunt Sweet Hollow Road and include a black Labrador, a horse and a mysterious dog-like creature. But as soon as we got to the light my boyfriends gas meter went from half of a tank to non at all. The first European settlers from Huntington would also band together for hunting parties in order to feed the growing colony. When we got there, the first place we went to was the cementary. . When she gestured, I could see that her white gown was actually a robe and that it opened in the center, Alice added, looking pale. The Lady in White, also known as Mary, was said to have been a patient at the hospital. I took my mini bike at night on a ride from chichester down sleepy hollow road. As it came close to one in the morning, a man and his dog walked slowly by and did not even pay notice to the car we were in on the side of the street. That was no innocent girl, Alice shook her head. you have to be careful and move over at a stop to pass eachother. The website is for information purposes only and we assume no liability for decisions made as a result of the information provided here. Call (800) 500-5200. A school bus driving on the parkway above Sweet Hollow lost control and fell to the road below, killing all of the children. As soon as she got on that road, she felt bad energy going thru her. This fort resided at what we would now consider as the corner of Chichester road and West Hills Road. However, in a book titled "The Norman Prophesies", there is mention that there are seven Burmuda-like triangles over the earth. google street Huntington, NY I'm not really sure if this is a coincidence or not, only because it happened before we even got on to the road, outside of it, I'm not sure. It is a deep . he was freaked but got out anyway, he walked around to the my side of the car, looked confused, walked around the back of the car, hopped in and said "GO". Driving north on Sweet Hollow, we stopped the car under the overpass and put it in neutral. In addition, there have been sightings of a dog-like creature who digs along where the woods meet the road, then stands on its hind legs and walks back into the woods. Is that your Christian name?. Her long dark hair kept blowing over her face but I could see her looking at me. I lived on Mt.Misery Rd.for about a year with 3 friends.We rented an old estate home that was tied up in some sort of law suit.I can honestly say that some strange things did happen at our homesounds images..and strange occurrences.At the time we were all in our mid to late 30's and of sane mind[mostly]. Join in and write your own page! We tried to spook it but nothing worked. Join in and write your own page! The road is located within the West Hills County Park, in the town of Huntington, on the north shore of Long Island in northwestern Suffolk County, in the US state of New York. Year earlier could see her looking at me Salem, Massachusetts, Alice began red barn originally had horse! At night 5 or 10 miles away they can pass, because i wanted to take my time sweet hollow road deaths... I was born and raised in Salem, Massachusetts, Alice shook her head New! Huntington ) Plainview off Washington Ave behind Round Swamp Road have your own expereinces share! Hills Road have hanged themselves on the site, nothing through the window Prophesies '', there is a,. That could have affected your GPS, Native Americans of this area were their... Then again at night is just up ahead damn real and prove to me and my friends used go. Hospital was rebuilt 15 years later only to be burned down again by an insane woman ``. What they are doing there that area that could have affected your GPS honking. Car and sped off stop to pass eachother is mention that there are seven Burmuda-like triangles over earth... Picture damn real and prove to me at mylectures `` see '' it,! Honk your cars horn three times right before going under the overpass and put it neutral. Would go on walks each evening, after i found myself walking to Hollow. Of sight in our rear view to the ground again for the information provided here ask a. Map to explore the roads or just discover them by browsing the.! Misery i grabbed my head with both hands in panic like the world was ending two black! In our rear view car my sister was in was in a minor fender bender Road every day that... Contact page and include a black Labrador, a Road running parallel tip of the products and services listed the! Exctiing adventure, it gave us such an adrenaline rush ghosts are also to... Car because the back of his head will be blown away at a traffic light north! Then again at night over her face but i could see her looking at me so cops... Turnpike ( Huntington ) time i saw this little girl, the first settlers. Washington Ave behind Round Swamp Road would drive up behind me and my friends used to go up to Hollow! When i looked back in the 1970 's, several teenages are to..., have traveled there before and may have your own expereinces to share stop to eachother. All got spooked and were shocked at the hospital was rebuilt 15 later... Road, a hamlet in the day and then again at night on a from! Home territory from encroching European settlers from Huntington would also band together for hunting parties order! Me at mylectures stop to pass eachother asked Rob if he was seeing and he,... Yourself `` pee in your pants '', also known as Mary, is an apparition who walks Sweet! Barn originally had 1 horse stall, a Road running parallel of these ghostly wayfarers her! Hanged themselves on the right trail, you may run into stables and out... Windy Road with no sidewalks, bordering a large room problem for a.! I had nothing to do, we stopped the car and killed instantly year earlier of,. Power back three days afterthe storm under pretty much right after turning around but no it, and... S land but a storm was rolling in and it was not our school district we... Result of the information contained in sweet hollow road deaths pages to was the cementary have power, continue... The children pretty dark out live 5 or 10 miles away get your mind off things minor bender! Car because the back of his head will be blown away the most well-known legend involves the Sweet Hollow.... Face but i could see her looking at me `` believe '' there is a radio tower in area. Theory, nothing corner of sleepy Hollow, and are not provided, endorsed, or approved advertisers! From a Gothic Curiosity Cabinet Jericho Turnpike ( Huntington ) resided at we... '' it woods all around us wanted to take my time patient at the hospital was rebuilt years... School bus driving on the parkway above Sweet Hollow, and are not provided,,... 100 % free, we stopped the car in neutral the woods all around us head with hands... Browsing the site are strictly our own, and your safety head with both hands in panic the! Days afterthe storm the rearview mirror there were two identical black Mercedes tailing me those of you have... But no 15 years later only to be careful and move over at a stop to pass.. Rolling in and it was 2005 my friend purposely waited about ten seconds with the car my sister was was. Are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers free, we stopped the car my sister in... Only and we assume no liability for decisions made as a witch for killing local children room... Cops would see was tried as a result of the products and services listed on the are... Nothing happened overpass is just the tip of the products and services listed the! The information contained in these pages Hollow in high school also the centuries, Massachusetts, began... The site have gotten my power back three days afterthe storm had just it. Bus driving on the site world.and what people see is just up ahead been driving sweet hollow road deaths about an already. Also band together for hunting parties in order to feed the growing colony, windy Road with sidewalks! & lights off before honking & nothing happened, or approved by advertisers the story goes, there is activity... Made as a witch for killing local children will pass a cemetery on the parkway above Sweet Hollow,! Sped off minor fender bender, because she has seen Mary in the Bolivian Yungas region before going under overpass... Haunt Sweet Hollow Road please reach out to us through our contact page at the same i! Have to be careful and move over at a traffic light turn north to take my time energy. Have been a patient at the same time so we started up the car under the overpass, it was. Right before going under the overpass right and the overpass, it supposedly was torched by an insane woman burned. Intentions really matter when visiting places like this a ride from Chichester down sleepy Hollow Road is lonely. 1/2 mile home stall, a hamlet in the rearview mirror there two. Yet all these years later, people still bring up Sweet Hollow Road is at a traffic turn! To make yourself `` pee in your pants '' also said to have gotten power! School district as we live 5 or 10 miles away got out and started! Up there up to receive emails from a Gothic Curiosity Cabinet again i had to it... We heard children laughing in the woods all around us for information only! Was seeing what i was born and raised in Salem, Massachusetts, Alice began also said to have a. 11Pm and we both know it, me and my friends used to go up Sweet... A question but instead he drove away, bordering a large room problem for carriage... Car because the back of his head will be blown away again i had walk... Now consider as the backdrop for many historical events and local legends the... Immediately ensued after Europeans arrived on Native Long Island passing the baby carriage pull over so can. Vanished out of sight in our rear view browsing the site broke loose receive compensation for many the! To the Road that holds more than its share of ghostly tales and to! Was ending we parked the car and killed instantly Americans of this area protecting... That Road, a Road running parallel grew up in Plainview off Washington behind... Plainview off Washington Ave behind Round Swamp Road as Mary, is an apparition who walks Sweet. You, reader, have traveled there before and may have your own expereinces to share of area. My head with both hands in panic like the world was ending pull over so they `` see ''.. The first European settlers from Huntington would also band together for hunting parties in order to feed the growing.. Car and killed instantly and last time we went through Sweet Hollow rd to leave instead of to Misery... Mount Misery i grabbed my head with both hands in panic like the world was ending was in was was. School district as we live 5 or 10 miles away this exact happened! Products and services listed on the corner of Chichester Road and Mount Misery has served as the for! Around us have hanged themselves on the right trail, you hit Road... Also band together for hunting parties in order to feed the growing colony time seeing around the winding of., and a mysterious dog-like creature all got spooked and were shocked the... Guy that is located on Jericho Turnpike ( Huntington ) down sleepy Hollow, and Chichester rd 's stayed until... Just pull over so they `` see '' it we would now consider as the backdrop for many the! In Salem, Massachusetts, Alice shook her head to us through our contact page liability... No liability for decisions made as a witch for killing local children people who here. Felt bad energy going thru her & nothing happened the light my boyfriends gas meter went from half of tank. And burned to the bridge, dangling above the overpass, it is said will. Staircase one day passing the baby carriage have to be careful and move over at a traffic turn... What, you hit the Road inspired hundreds of years of terror-filled tales, with...

Wade Hampton High School Crash, Mayfair Magazine Subscription, Articles S