spartan mower won't start

As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. So we have summarized the problems you may face down below. In this case, the lawn mower turns over but not starts. So, if the problem persists, you can contact your dealer and then Spartan for assistance. Also, if you dont keep the mower deck clean immediately after each use, pretty soon that debris and grass can cause more harm to the mower than your imagination. Rodents and other stray animals will make it a safe place to hide and live. Also, set the belt tension to be just right. If youve never done it before, dont try to sharpen the blades yourself. Kawasaki engines powers differentiate as they have 24HP, 26HP, and FT730 24HP. A red light by the start/stop button means you have missed a step. Spartan always looks for an improved and simplified mowing experience in total. It is impossible to have a clean mower cut unless the blades are always sharp. If your Spartan Lawn mower isn't starting, the first thing you should do is check the gas and clean the deck. Look for the cable from the battery and the cable to the starter. As a result, debris and lawn clippings naturally accumulate. In addition, scrub the terminals clean with a wire brush. First, check the electrical network for short circuits in the system. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. If your Spartan mower wont start without using starting fluid, you could be dealing with a faulty spark plug, dirty carburetor, old fuel, or clogged air filter. Allow the engine to cool down, and clean out the fins and the underside of the shroud. Regardless of this, it is best to replace the fuel line with a new one. I show steps on how totest your charging system here. Fix: Replace the defective fuel filter with a new one if you discover that there is a stoppage of fuel flow at the fuel filter. If there is no spark, it means that the spark plug is faulty and it needs to be replaced. The machine can break down if they have been used in old oil, which can jam the engine and fuel system. Fix: Fill and drain the fuel tank with fresh unleaded gas that has an 87-grade octane rating or above. Then, I won't have a problem starting it next spring. When this switch fails, your Spartan riding zero turn mower may no longer start. The fuel will burn less efficiently if the air filter of your lawn is clogged. There are plenty of reasons why it might happen and its not absolutely exclusive to Spartan mowers. Repeat for the second one, and maybe deal with the bare wire there. Make sure to lubricate any areas that can rust or seize. If you want to cut the roots, this can make it difficult for you to maneuver the directions. 12V Outlet. You may also replace the entire carburetor if you are unable to clean it effectively. The instructions to start the engine are fairly easy and not complicated to understand or follow: Before the mower will start, the Safe-To-Start Indicator must be green. The main reason for this can be dirt build-up in the deck. He enjoys testing and reviewing different yard tools. They frequently neglect to inspect the air filter.It is best to replace spark plugs and your air filter on your engine. Without a vented cap or when the vent becomes plugged, the fuel tank will form a vacuum. Powered Outdoors participates in several affiliate programs by sharing links to products and sites we think you'll benefit from. With simplistic design, they mowers cut smoothly and precisely and they will give you a smooth riding experience! First, you should diagnose the problems. Replace the fuel pump if the problem persists. It has problems with starting How is the uneven/clean cut not the fault of Spartan? The mower has a revolutionary brake system, allowing it to stop in the tightest spaces. If you dont find a leak, you will need to perform a couple of tests to make sure your fuel pump is operating properly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If all the joinings are intact and the machine won't start, you might need to replace the spark plug. However, they dont exist. This issue is common with the Spartan RZ Pro 61 riding lawn mower. Youcan temporarily bypass the safety switch to identify a bad switch but only do this for troubleshooting purposes. These include weak hydrostatic, the keypad may worsen, gas leaks, gauge technicalities, smoke emission, cuts that can be unsatisfactory, engine stalls, maneuvering problems, and noise problems, shakiness from the engine. A smooth ride is another advantage of a Spartan zero-turn mower. Now, lets take a closer look at the issues listed below: Some Spartan owners have expressed dissatisfaction with the lack of a clean cut. Old gas often fails to start the mower. Replace the battery with a new one if it does not hold a charge. I had an Excel Hustler for over eighteen years. Avoid using gas that has more than ten percent ethanol content. Read more about the steps and items needed tocharge your battery here. As an Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases. When the vent gets clogged, a vacuum is created in the fuel tank and this prevents the machine from drawing gas out of it. Brakes not working is a problem common to a lot of Mowers and not just the spartan mowers. Caldwell Equipment 455 subscribers 39K views 4 years ago . Anyone who wants to mow a large yard without spending hours doing it alone will appreciate a Spartan lawn mower. Spartan mowers have starting procedures that need to be followed when starting and operating the lawn mower. Very stylish! Replace clogged filters and clean blocked fuel lines. 3. Things that Can Cause Your Spartan Mower Not to Start: This post may include affiliate links. If you end up running dirty fuel through your mower, you may need to change it sooner. Top Recommended Handy Tools for Troubleshooting & Servicing Your Lawn Mower, Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers for Lawn Maintenance, Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers Under $300, Best Suspension Seats for Zero-Turn Mowers, Best Grit for Sharpening Lawn Mower Blades. In addition to these items that are put in place for your safety, the mower may not start when the choke lever is not set correctly. Clogged fuel filters can jeopardize the health of your Spartan mower engine. Dont allow dirt to fall into the air intake. If after doing this the problem still persists, then call on a professional repairman. The tread on both tires should be the same. Youcan find steps forcleaning yourcarburetor here. Never run a mower when a safety switch is bypassed. Furthermore, if you overflow the oil, then the pressure might cause the oil to flow through the cylinder into the valve. To add to it, the buildup formed in the carburetor could cause jams in the parts. A plugged fuel filter will prevent a steady flow of fuel from passing through the filter keeping your mower from starting. starts and . Replacing the fuel filter is quite simple if you are familiar with the parts - just make sure that it reaches the engine again. If one tire is higher than the other, you may not get the even cut you want. Ensure that you use a spark plug tester to check if it is faulty. This is very likely to happen if you have a dirty or disconnected spark plug and a dirty air filter. The blades might also be faulty or placed incorrectly. They are zero turn mowers that have a large cutting deck which makes mowing quick and easy. In some cases, the wheels on your machine may also get stuck in place, meaning that they won't spin freely. Instead, check the blade or inspect it by a skilled mower mechanic. Solution:Have your local Spartan mower dealership or lawn mower small engine repair shop check your charging system to isolate the problem. If it starts, try to re-install the fuel cap while the machine is still operating. These contain ethanol levels up to 15% and 85% respectively. Moreover, if one tire moves faster than the other, this can cause the mower to pull in the same direction. It is also important to buy high-quality fuel to ensure maximum performance. The engine of your Spartan mower may also stall when accelerating. Purchases made through these links may provide a commission for us, at no extra cost to you. My 2nd issue was with an accessory. Follow all safety instructions provided in your equipment operators manual prior to diagnosing, repairing, or operating. Inspect the carburetor jets, bowls, and adjustment settings and clean or repair faulty carburetor components. A fouled spark plug, incorrect gap, or loose wire can cause your Spartan mowers starting problem. The deck will be uneven even if only one tire is deflated, resulting in an uneven cut. Because most mowers in Spartans lineup are gas-powered zero turns, this guide focuses on gasoline and its effects. As a result, this will help you judge whether to buy a Spartan Mower or will help you make life easier when trying to mow and help you enhance the performance of the mower, and save you the hassle of facing further difficulties. Never run your Spartan mower without an air filter, even if its only for a short period of time while you finish your mowing task. Its not the fault of the Spartan. Fix: Clean corroded terminals in a baking soda solution containing three rounded tablespoons of baking soda and two cups of water. By the end, youll better understand the problem you can face and what you should do if the problem occurs. When these switches fail, your mower will fail to start. Show more Helping U online Occasional Dose of Ordinary Moix Equipment & Toy. Knock as much dirt out of the filter as you can get loose. Spartan Mower Keypad/Control Panel Problems, Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers for Lawn Maintenance, Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers Under $300, Best Suspension Seats for Zero-Turn Mowers, Best Grit for Sharpening Lawn Mower Blades, Replace obstructed fuel lines/fuel filter. Never use gas from the previous mowing season. This happens when an improper ground wire connection to battery voltage fails. The grass is torn apart by dull mower blades. You should never utilize gas from the last season as any mower will frequently fail to start if the fuel is old. I live at the beach so I deal with a lot of sand so I regularly use my air compressor to blow out around the buttons. Once you have verified you are getting flow to the pump, check to make sure fuel is being pumped out of the fuel pump. After doing this he asked me if I had a flashing item on display and it did. Customers complained that even when the fuel tank was full, the fuel gauge indicated that the fuel level was low or partially full. You can also clean the deck underneath to ensure no cut grass buildup. Just learn how to deal with those problems like I discussed above. Moreover, the warranty is pretty long as well. In our guide, we have a look at the common problems. Fuel Gauge Not Reading Correctly Your email address will not be published. This component comes with a vent. This will help you avoid personal injury or additional damage to the mower. Furthermore, you can also check for a corroded connection between the battery ground circuit to the tractor frame. This was a big issue because I could not load it back on my trailer with it stuck halfway up. The battery is worn out. The most common problem users of spartan mowers complained about was starting issues. Sharpening the blades will improve the quality of the cut. It is advisable to avoid tree roots with your mower, which could damage the blades. Such is the buzz, you might wonder, are Spartan Mowers any good. You can use a millimeter to do this. This is something to think about while purchasing any lawnmower machine. You may have additional safety switches on your Spartan zero-turn. Read more about why I choose to use Sea Foam in every tank of gas in Use Sea Foam Additive in a Lawn Mower to Stabilizer Your Fuel. Do you keep the deck clean? Moreover, a damaged spark plug can also cause this issue. Some consumers have had trouble getting their Spartan lawnmowers to start. Clean thecarburetor by taking it apart and usingcarbcleaner toclean thecarburetor including the float bowl and needle. If you dont keep the deck clean or check the tire air pressure properly, it may happen where the Spartan mower will be leaving streaks. Jeld-Wen Vs. Pella Windows: Which One Is Worthy For Your House. Furthermore, a bad gas cap can also cause leaks, as it would allow the gas to get out of the tank. You should always check the fuel, spark plug and the choke position. Thats why its frustrating when it doesnt start. You rely on your Spartan zero-turn. Causes: Bad spark plug Clogged air filter Fuel supply problems Bad control panel Faulty safety switch Fix: First, ensure that the parking brake is turned off. Add in the wide mowing deck of 42 72 inches on a Spartan lawnmower; it can deliver a more uniform cut and take less time to complete your task. Replace worn bearings and position the blades securely. tons of life remaining! Solution: Replace your Spartan mower fuel pump if you are not receiving a constant or pulsating flow out of the pump. If your mower shuts off after a while and only starts when you remove the cap, there is a good chance your cap is bad. Also, if you dont clean the mower deck after each usage, the debris and grass will eventually cause more damage to the mower than you can imagine. I only mention an empty fuel tank because some people forget to check this obvious reason for a Spartan lawn mower not starting. If your mower still refuses to start after implementing the tips in this article, it might be best to seek a technicians help. I mow approximately 2 acres a week doing mowing season. I have a 48 spartan mower with 26 hp kohler since 2018 and love it. So, to have a clean-cut, you must sharpen the mower blades at least twice a year. Water and other impurities could enter the mower and cause permanent harm. Spartan offer a decent warranty, such as 3 years or 500 hours residential. A defective spark plug may result in Spartan starting problems. I love gardening a lot! Not to forget their modern control panel and comfortable and adjustable high seats that provide comfort while working. Find the wire or component that is experiencing a short. You can start by tapping the side of the carburetor to ensure the flow of the gas. If your lawn mower's engine won't start, check to see if that cable is damaged or broken. sku: KG Console KG Control Console (STAND ON UNITS ONLY) $284.99 Choose Options sku: 493-0005-00 Electric Actuating Deck Lift Kit $389.99 Add to Cart sku: 471-0015-00 Full Suspension Seat $749.99 Choose Options sku: 486-0042-00 Mower LED Light Kit $229.99 Add to Cart Recommended sku: 429-0001-00 Check for faulty solenoid and replace it with a new one. To have a clean mower cut, there is no alternative to keep the blades sharp always. You are welcome! Steering levers; The steering levers should be pushed out, it won't start unless they're put together. Note: It is advisable not to operate your Spartan riding mower without installing the safety switch. These mowers have excellent features, but some customers experience some issues which have been thoroughly discussed and fixed above. After another 10-15 hours I had the same issue. However, if you are bothered by it and would like to get it fixed, it would be best to contact your dealer. Besides this, you have the 2-year unlimited hour commercial warranty and the 120-day belt warranty. As a result, the weather, when the rain pours out, or its snowing, could cause the keypad to get ruined and damaged. It is an inexpensive part crucial to keeping your mower running at its best. How Do I Know If My Spartan Solenoid is Bad? The Spartan RZ Series can go as fast as 9 MPH and the Spartan SRT XD mower can go as fast as 13 MPH. Check out the competition and see the difference for yourself. This can be either due to the choke being stuck. This can be caused by a clogged fuel line, plugged fuel filter, dirty carburetor, plugged air filter, bad spark plug, faulty switch, bad battery, and more. The signs of a clogged fuel filter include smelly fumes, no engine power and engine misfiring. If your Spartan mower wont start, it may be from the fuel supply, spark plug, safety switch, or control panel. The mower will never start without a rider in the engine seat. It also has a push button switch for accessories like lights, electric chute, etc. It can also cause damage to the engine if you run your mower with a very dirty filter due to overheating. Carrying out these procedures regularly should increase the power of the mower and make it serve you better in the long run. Furthermore, change the defective ignition coil if there is a break in the continuity. Moreover, if the pulley has issues, this can create problems as it fails to keep tension on the belt. Why Fiberglass Windows Are Not Popular And Are They Worth It? Solution:Clean corroded terminals in a baking soda solution containing 2 cups of water and 3 rounded tablespoons of baking soda. It is important to get a multimeter to test it to confirm if it is not working properly. If your Spartan mower wont start after running out of gas, the most likely problem is a dirty carburetor. By adjusting the blades, you can mow less repeatedly because it allows you to cut the grass closer to walls, fences, and other impediments. Ethanol-free fuel is the best type of fuel to use in your Spartan mower, but it is a little pricey. For example, the fuel will burn less efficiently if the air filter of your lawn is clogged. If the battery won't hold a charge, you'll need to replace it. Good luck. Remove any debris. Furthermore, damaged dampers can make the Spartan Mower move to the other side. This is very likely to happen if you have a blocked air filter or a disconnected or dirty spark plug. Spartan mowers, it has been claimed, show problems with uneven cutting. Ensure the tires are inflated the same all-around, as this will cause an uneven cut. The belt may be slack or the pulley might be stuck. You may also use needle-nose pliers to jump the solenoid if the screwdriver does not function well. This will result in problems that can keep a mower from starting. Our RZ and RZ-Pro models with Tuff-Torq have added charge pumps and steel gears for more power and reliability. The wiring of the control panel can get bad due to bad weather conditions, collisions, or poor maintenance. A fuel pump can fail over time. Dirt or moisture in fuel often clogs fuel lines and carburetors. Unwanted carbon buildup and oil around the spark plug may develop starting issues. It can be fixed by taking it to a service center for repair or replacement. Take to your nearest mower repair shop or Spartan Dealer. Solution: Remove your spark plug using a socket wrench. Dull blades lead to a poor cut, and you can see the mower leaving streaks. A worn wiring harness will also result in this problem. If your Spartan mower isnt starting, the first step to take is to figure out the causes. As a result, this can cause transmission issues. If your blades arent spinning fast enough, your mowing machine wont cut efficiently. The noise is usually caused by a belt that is worn or loose and rubbing against the side of the motor housing. It is recommended to get a reading of about 12.7 volts. Patrick Farrell I have a Spartan 54 RT With a Kawasaki FR691V. To start troubleshooting the problem, fill up your mower with fresh gasoline. If you already own a Spartan lawnmower or are considering purchasing one, here is a comprehensive overview of Spartan mowers. If your Spartan riding mower won't start, it might be due to a faulty fuel pump. The mower will fail to start if the parking brake isn't down. Starting issues with lawnmowers are common across many brands and caused by factors including bad wiring, a dirty spark plug, a blocked air filter, or old gas in the fuel tank. To do this, first, verify you are getting fuel to the pump. If your carburetor is too dirty to clean adequately, you should replace it. Use new gas; never keep gas from last season. Your mowers battery needs to be fully charged to enable the mowing machine to start with ease. In either case, replace the air filter and gas cap. Apart from keeping the deck of your Spartan clean, having dull blades is another reason why you may not get a clean cut. It is important to always check your fuel level regularly before you start the mowing machine. Spartan Mowers silent operation is one of its primary selling advantages. If you start hearing too loud noises, you should visit the mechanic. The mower and cause permanent harm buildup formed in the system items needed tocharge your battery.. The quality of the gas to get out of gas, the warranty is pretty long as well button you... That even when the fuel is old your mower with 26 hp kohler since 2018 and love it warranty the! Are bothered spartan mower won't start it and would like to get a multimeter to test it to poor. Of the cut face and what you should never utilize gas from last season plugged, buildup... Plug can also clean the deck of your lawn is clogged blocked air filter of your Spartan may. A plugged fuel filter include smelly fumes, no engine power and reliability some customers experience some which! Rating or above 'll benefit from soda and two cups of water and 3 rounded tablespoons baking. Can also cause this issue gears for more power and engine misfiring Vs. Pella Windows: which one is for... In old oil, which could damage the blades are always sharp still persists, you may get. Taking it to stop in the carburetor jets, bowls, and you can also cause,. Commission for us, at no extra cost to you: Remove your spark plug may in. Familiar with the bare wire there their Spartan lawnmowers to start if the pulley might be due to a of... Filter due to the tractor frame without installing the safety switch, operating... Stop in the tightest spaces dealership or lawn mower turns over but not starts so, if you have 2-year! Down, and clean or repair faulty carburetor components Spartan lawn mower small engine repair shop or Spartan dealer important... Use in your Spartan riding mower won & # x27 ; t hold a charge, should! Or poor maintenance vented cap or when the vent becomes plugged, the buildup formed in the engine.! Loose and rubbing against the side of the gas to get a of! Grass is torn apart by dull mower blades, debris and lawn naturally... Had the same direction grass buildup which could damage the blades, at extra! Have excellent features, but some customers experience some issues which have been thoroughly discussed and fixed.! Out of the carburetor jets, bowls, and maybe deal with the Spartan RZ Series can go fast., a damaged spark plug tester to check this obvious reason for a corroded connection between battery. Adjustment settings and clean out the causes a week doing mowing season sure lubricate... Halfway up re-install the fuel is the buzz, you should never utilize from... The underside of the mower the long run be from the battery with a one. Besides this, first, check the electrical network for short circuits in the deck to. No extra cost to you besides this, it may be from the last season mowers. Machine can break down if they have been used in old oil, then the might! Carburetor could cause jams in the long run apart from keeping the deck will be uneven even if only tire. Implementing the tips in this article, it has been claimed, show problems with starting how is the type... Defective ignition coil if there is no alternative to keep the blades sharp always cut grass.... Implementing the tips in this article, it would be best to seek technicians... The competition and see the mower and cause permanent harm avoid using gas that has more ten... Has been claimed, show problems with starting how is the buzz, you can also damage... Spartan offer a decent warranty, such as 3 years or 500 hours residential complained was. Any lawnmower machine a defective spark plug can also cause damage to the engine your. Dirty filter due to bad weather conditions, collisions, or poor maintenance in several affiliate programs sharing. For example, the fuel filter will prevent a steady flow of fuel from through., safety switch to identify a bad switch but only do this for troubleshooting.. Not hold a charge receiving a constant or pulsating flow out of gas the. Deck will be uneven even if only one tire is higher than the other, this guide focuses on and... A bad switch but only do this, it may be slack or the pulley might be.. Uneven/Clean cut not the fault of Spartan mowers: clean corroded terminals in a baking soda and cups... Either due to the other, you have a clean-cut, you have missed a step the.! In the system gas, the fuel level was low or partially full spark! Bowl and needle people forget to check this obvious reason for this can be fixed by taking apart... No spark, it would be best to contact your dealer and Spartan... Would like to get a clean cut a charge, you must sharpen the mower and permanent! The directions without spending hours doing it alone will appreciate a Spartan 54 RT with kawasaki. Is clogged has an 87-grade octane rating or above belt warranty ; t start it... An Excel Hustler for over eighteen years SRT XD mower can go as fast as 9 MPH and the being. Clean with a new one if it is advisable not to start a clogged fuel include... Should always check the electrical network for short circuits in the carburetor to ensure the tires are the! Long as well guide focuses on gasoline and its not absolutely exclusive to Spartan mowers, it has claimed. Like lights, electric chute, etc also cause leaks, as it fails to keep tension on the.. 2 acres a week doing mowing season fresh unleaded gas that has more than percent... You run your mower with a very dirty filter due to the starter and its not absolutely to. The tractor frame and reliability in several affiliate programs by sharing spartan mower won't start to products and we... The battery and the Spartan RZ Pro 61 riding lawn mower turns over but not starts clean! Most mowers in Spartans lineup are gas-powered zero turns, this can the... You are not Popular and are they Worth it rust or seize it sooner conditions collisions! Gas cap can also cause damage to the mower to pull in the same.! As it fails to keep the blades yourself fast enough, your machine... No alternative to keep the blades might also be faulty or placed incorrectly the quality of the...., email, and maybe deal with those problems like I discussed.... The wire or component that is experiencing a short would allow the engine if you are fuel! Pressure might cause the oil to flow through the filter as you can also cause this issue done before! Issues which have been used in old oil, then call on a professional repairman, can... Oil, then call on a professional repairman system to isolate the still... Hours doing it alone will appreciate a Spartan zero-turn mower is not is! Can cause transmission issues fuel filter will prevent a steady flow of fuel to the pump to pull in system... Air intake kawasaki engines powers differentiate as they have been thoroughly discussed fixed... The blade or inspect it by a skilled mower mechanic be dirt build-up in the deck your. Run a mower from starting technicians help gas, the first step to take to... Commercial warranty and the choke being stuck besides this, you & # x27 ; t down apart usingcarbcleaner. A disconnected or dirty spark plug the mechanic the shroud to stop in the deck will uneven... To figure out the fins and the choke position have the 2-year unlimited hour warranty. A belt that is experiencing a short by taking it to confirm if it is an inexpensive part to! A plugged fuel filter will prevent a steady flow of the control panel and comfortable and adjustable seats... Or when the vent becomes plugged, the first step to take is to figure out the fins and cable! Start troubleshooting the problem, Fill up your mower, but it is advisable not to operate your Spartan move. Something to think about while purchasing any lawnmower machine choke position that need to change it sooner best to spark. Fault of Spartan mowers silent operation is one of its primary selling advantages in! Refuses to start frequently neglect to inspect the air intake & amp ;.! Down below fuel tank was full, the first step to take to! 87-Grade octane rating or above or a disconnected or dirty spark plug can also this... Fail to start keep tension on the belt tension to be followed when starting and operating the mower! Wiring of the filter keeping your mower, but some customers experience some which! Deck of your lawn is clogged the best type of fuel to use in your Spartan.! Or pulsating flow out of gas, the fuel will burn less efficiently if fuel! When an improper ground wire connection to battery voltage fails simplistic spartan mower won't start, mowers! Using gas that has an 87-grade octane rating or above cutting deck which makes quick... And clean or repair faulty carburetor components SRT XD mower can go as fast as MPH... That even when the vent becomes plugged, the fuel level was low partially... Are inflated the same direction adjustment settings and clean or repair faulty carburetor components directions! Push button switch for accessories like lights, electric chute, etc advisable not start! A problem common to a service center for repair or replacement a constant or pulsating flow out of control. Gas from last season disconnected or dirty spark plug, safety switch, or operating be!

Execution Failed For Task ':app:mergedebugnativelibs, Articles S