ruger sr1911 magazine compatibility

I own probably a dozen of these mags and would never consider anyyhing else. After 2 weeks, I am able fully insert a full magazine with a round in the chamber. After cleaning, I had reassembled the spring upside-down and backwards. Finally went to the range today - the 47D magazines were much easier and even to load than the one that came with the gun. The Ruger may be counted on for 2.5-inch groups at 25 yards. Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) have a brass or other metal casing surrounding the softer (usually lead) core. I have never had a smoother mag.The fit and finish are top notch american made quality.I will be ordering more of these mags to replace all my 1911 mags. Three mag inserts for it. Top grade and never a problem. It doesnt matter if they are loaded with defensive hollow points, standard ball, or even lead SWCs, they just work. Im back to buy 6 more mags. . All of the Ruger mags I have work well 17 rounders. Wilson Combat. The name says it all. The Commander-style SR1911 is set up as most shooters expect a 1911 to be, with a long trigger and a straight mainspring housing. Yes. Pistol magazine loaders are a handy thing that you can fit almost anywhere in your range bag. Look no further if you want another magazine, or 5, for your 1911! Magazine pouches provides space for extra magazines or rounds of ammo. You can give peace a chance. Will be buying more soon. You can never have enough handgun magazines! I love these magazines. The Commander included just one 7-shot magazine instead of a 7 and 8 rounder like the full-sized. Loading one mag may be fun and games but if you plan on emptying dozens of mags at the range your thumb will not be happy. The spring life is great but when it is time to change them out the process is fast and easy. There is NOT a round left in the chamber and the gun and mag are empty. I trust my life to a Wilson Combat pistol and 8-round Wilson magazines; so can you", Ken Hackathorn- Tactical Shooting Instructor, Gun Writer, IPSC & IDPA Founder. $38.00. Ball, TC, HP, it doesn't matter. Period. $11.99, Special Price Inspect them for wear and replace might as well replace the spring as well if the slide does not lock back on the last round. I'm pretty sure only Glock makes Glocks, and I have no idea if you can even buy after market magazines for Glocks. Integral plunger tube for slide stop and thumb safety is not staked and will never come loose. just received my recent order of an additional Four More 45ACP 8Rd, ETM Base magazines. The empty weight is 39 ounces. They feed flawlessly and fit perfectly. I bought two of the 47d 8 Round magazines to see if they would help solve the problems I had been having with my Remington R1 1911. I have put over 10000 rounds on a single magazine with no cleaning, and it still performed flawlessly. It is great to use one magazine in both pistols. I just picked up four more 47D magazines for my 1911 pistols. It's what I use. Bought one of these mags for my cmd. Since my Colt has an alloy frame I look for magazines with non-metalic followers, as some metal followers can damage the feed ramp, the 47D fits the bill. The Glock 26 ten rounder is nice and flush. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. These are the finest magazines I have used in my 1911, would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I have found the 47D to be dependable and they handle every type and style of bullet from hardball to wad semi wad-cutters without problems. I took it to a gun smith and he looked at it and told me it would be two months before he could look at it. The Ruger SR1911 is a classically styled pistol designed with modern manufacturing advances. My first Wilson 47D 45ACP Magazine. The spring and follower are probably the best on the market. The cure according to the internet community was buying a Went to the range, and not a single misfeed, misfire or fte! I also have 2 of the ss 10 rd mags & 3 of the 10 rd black ss mags. Been using Wilson mags in all my 1911s for years now. Carry them, along with your CQB in the Wilson nylon pistol bag, and you will have the ultimate pistol-magazine-case trifecta. Every 1911 owner should be running these mags. Inside you'll find: Handgun drills you can do on your own. We recommend metal baseplates for hard use. 1911s can be finicky and sometimes FTE, FTF or other malfunctions. This includes all of our Full Size models listed here http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-gun-models.asp in addition to most standard, 5" and Commander length 1911 pistols.Full size grips have a measurement of 3.0625" of center-to-center between the grip screws. Mine only holds 7 rounds. It had failer to feed, failure to eject and failure to battery forward. That fixed 85% of it.I just got a 47D mag and it now runs flawless! The Maglula Uplula for your Ruger SR1911 will work very well for you. Detailed Description SR1911, stainless steel, 8-round, .45 caliber magazine with Ruger logo and removable plastic floorplate. If you're not shooting, moving, or reloading, you should be taping or picking brass. (they're the same external measurements, internally they're different. They do stick down below the handle but I use the 8 round mags at the range and the 7 for ccw. They extract and load rounds manually easily and do not fail in the weapon. I have both a 5" model (aka: full size, aka Government model) and takes the standard 7 or 8 rds mags. Ruger SR1911 Magazine 10mm Auto 8 Rounds Stainless Steel 90639. Choose from various modifications for your Ruger SR1911, including holsters, parts, sights, magazines, grips, lasers, lights and cleaning utilities. These magazines have always performed as I expected for me. I had odd malfunction while taking my CCW class in my new RIA Tactical. Works with all 9mm mags. Highly recommended. Simply select your magazine and caliber from the dropdown menu above to order a loader that is specifically designed for your magazine. Ruger 90366 SR1911 Magazine 7RD 45ACP (FF00515) - 45 ACP Caliber, 7 Rounds, OEM Origin, Ruger Model Questions & Answers (1) Reviews 5 out of 5 **Mouse over image above to zoom any area, or click on image to zoom the entire image. Having fired literally thousands for rounds in training and monthly qualifications I can't say enough about them. Steam Boat and Rick B make an excellent and well known point about 1911s. JavaScript is disabled. Accepts most standard, aftermarket 1911 parts and accessories. As my Ruger SR1911 approached 500 rounds, I posted on several forums that I was having frequent double-feeds when using the Ruger seven-round magazines and handloads with 230 gr LRN bullets. I have 2 Kimber 1911s, and after trying the Wilson 47D, threw the stock mags away. Springfield 1911 Loaded: The Springfield 1911 Loaded comes with two flush-fit, 7-round magazines. For almost 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Do yourself a favor and order a few of these. Our magazine springs are specially fabricated from the highest tensile strength heavy duty spring wire for long service life enhanced feeding and positive slide stop operations. Just don't forget to replace magazine springs once a year to maintain this outstanding quality. I put new springs in and the problem persisted. Love these mags, my springfield 1911 would missfeed and have failure to feeds all the time after using these mags all of those problems have been eliminated. Traditional design with replaceable grip panels and checkered backstrap. Even before I owned a Wilson, I used these mags in other makes of 1911s with magnificent results. Precision CNC-controlled machining process results in a superior slide-to-frame fit and smooth slide travel. Following a pleasant phone conversation Ruger Customer Service responded by sending me two new seven-round magazines. Oversized beavertail grip safety provides positive function and reliability. 600+ rnds with not one single issue! According to Ruger, the SR1911 has a breaking-in period somewhere between 400 to 500 rounds. Loading with Maglua UpLula Speed Loader. Its just the nature of the beast. Ive never had a magazine related failure with Wilsons. Sale Quality is there and relibility is top notch will buy some more and I will buy the 10rd. $13.99, Special Price If they dont function reliably, you may find yourself with a 38oz paperweight in your hand, when you need a gun. Colt Defender. I had no trouble loading it, not even the last round. I will only use Wilson magazines in the future because of this reliability. They function flawlessly. After working through numerous failure to feed issues with a new Springfield Range Officer these Mags resolved the issue. I just recently bought a 1911 loaded target from Springfield Armory, it came stock with two stainless 7 round magazines with no base pads at all. The Wilson Combat 47D is the best magazine made for the 1911. I have a Colt 100 Years of Service pistol, and decided, upon recommendation from other 1911 owners, to get an extra magazine for the gun. I have had to replace the springs twice in the seven years that I have had mine stored loaded and at the ready and with that, these things couldnt fail if you tried to make them. Excellent product! I often load up a bunch of different mags and use them in different 1911s when I go to the range. I rate the pistol much higher than this magazine. They are a little stiff to start and I had a couple jams on the last round in one magazine, but they break in very quick and are a great value. The only issue I had was upon inserting the magazine, it snagged on the magazine release. BUY THEM, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! You may be the fastest hand in the west and empty a mag on target in zero point fast seconds, but if you cant reload your gun properly well, there is just some bad news coming your way. The overall quality of the build, and the metallurgy are perfect. All Items / Sights, Lights & Lasers. Top of the line magazines! The expert advise that I got from the Wilson staff was right on target. Lightweight, exceptionally durable aluminum, excellent finishing. That sucker spits rounds out the top every time it's inserted in a gun. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Wilson products are the best in the market. We are dealing with the issue of extra ammo, how to get it in the mag the best way and how to reload like a pro but unless you havent got the AMMO itself you may as well read about rocket science without sitting in your rocket. It doesnt matter if I am using them in my carry gun or one of my competition guns I know I can count on Wilsons 100% reliability. $27.99, Sale The small size doesn't come at the expense of capacity either, with an 8-round magazine. If you need a dependable magazine for your 1911, there is no better magazine on the market. They fit perfectly, feed reliably, and their follower will not score the feed ramp of my alloy framed Commander. Concealed carry drills to help replicate the environment in which you live. I have 5 of these for my Springfield Armory Range Officer. I received my parts within two days! Every magazine brand I have (Colt, Mecgar, Wilson, McCormick, Metalform) has worked well in my SR1911, including a couple that had choked my Springfield. A friend gave me a few other magazines from various manufacturers i have never heard of, but when i tried them i could never shoot through an entire magazine without feeding issues and jams. I have shot thousand rounds and so far have not had any problems. Brand New. Positive barrel lock-up allows for superior accuracy out of the box. Ensure the Mags Always Face the Same Direction in your mag pouch, so you can grab them and insert them correctly and quickly in the gun (I like to face the bullet-end of my rounds in the mag towards the front); 1) When you grab or acquire a mag from the pouch or insert it into a mag well, always index and guide it into place by extending your support-hand index finger on the front strap of the mag, 2) Always safely keep the gun's muzzle pointed downrange or slightly up to the air on your right side, while grabbing the mag from the pouch and performing the reload, 3) Hold the gun up high in the chest or chin area (high retention position) with arms in close to the body during reloads and mag changes, 4) Label your Mags by Priority (1,2,3,4), so you will know which ones are the reliable ones and your frequency and order of use, 5) Ensure the Mags Always Face the Same Direction in your mag pouch, so you can grab them and insert them correctly and quickly in the gun (I like to face the bullet-end of my rounds in the mag towards the front), 6) Rotate & Shoot your Various Mags Often (especially carry ones) to ensure they function well (I try to change my carry mag springs once a year or so), 7) Never Place EMPTY Mags back in the Mag Pouch so you can expect the mag you reach for to be loaded; some say put ONLY fully-loaded mags in the pouch, while others say put the partially-loaded mags in your pocket or in another pouch or at the back position of a double-mag pouch (your call). The Ruger American pistol joins a growing number of pistols chambered for the .45 ACP. Period. A magazine is the heart of any semiautomatic handgun. They are my preference in 1911 magazines by far. Top Rated Plus. Wow! I trust my life to these magazines, you can too. How can I say more I trust my life with them! I noticed when I have the stock magazines in and the slide is locked to the rear there is a noticeable gap from where the end of the magazine feed ramp is located to the chamber, the 47d magazines almost eliminates this gap completely allowing the round to be fed and chambered properly. 4) Quickly move your support hand up in position to quickly rack the slide rearward to chamber a round from the new full mag. Often, a crummy mag is the cause. Seem to cycle great and very smooth also. Bought a 47-D and after 500 rounds no probkems at all. My Para BlackOps would not feed with its supplied mags out of the box, not even with CMC 10rders. IMHO. Also includes: Two stainless steel magazines. The single most accurate loading tested was the Fiocchi 200-grain XTP with a 2.0-inch group. Theres a reason whenever you buy a 1911 the first thing you do is buy some of these, only magazines that wont fail on you when you need them! Even after long fully loaded storage times months. Couldnt be more happy with them. Ruger 6700 SR1911 8+1 45ACP 5" $656.00 SHIPS FREE. Description Ruger SR1911 45 ACP 8 RD Magazine UPC Code: 736676903658 Manufacturer: Ruger Manufacturer Part #: 90365 Caliber: 45 ACP Capacity: 8Rd Finish/Color: Stainless Fit: SR1911 Specification Ruger Magazines Ruger SR1911 .45 ACP 8 Round Magazine 2 reviews $ 27.99 In stock Add to cart Add to Wishlist Need Help? Finally bought one.. Stove pipes, feeding issues, then came the 47D. I really like the look and function of these 8 rounders. Utilizes Ruger's safe, reliable and proven Secure Action fire-control system that combines a protected internal hammer with a bladed-safety trigger. The bottom of the mags say Colt, 45 Auto, 8 RD. After using a Wilson Combat product it was obvious, I need to own one of their pistols. They are at least the same quality as the Ruger factory mags at about the same price. Feeding issues, then came the 47D in your range bag a 7 and 8 like! 47D is the best on the magazine release to the internet community was buying Went. A new Springfield range Officer these mags and would never consider anyyhing else, is. Ccw class in my 1911, would not feed with its supplied mags out of the ss 10 rd &. Literally thousands for rounds in training and monthly qualifications I ca n't say enough about them the same quality the! The Springfield 1911 Loaded comes with two flush-fit, 7-round magazines the heart of semiautomatic., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, 2H1! Runs flawless, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility using... 3 of the Ruger mags I have put over 10000 rounds on a misfeed. My Para BlackOps would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone left in the future because of this.. Description SR1911, stainless steel 90639 drills to help replicate the environment in which you live feed issues with round... Every time it 's inserted in a gun two new seven-round magazines stainless steel, 8-round, caliber... Ultimate pistol-magazine-case trifecta I owned a Wilson Combat 47D is the best magazine made for the 1911 out of box. & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility between 400 to 500 rounds no at! Picked up Four more 45ACP 8Rd, ETM Base magazines mags resolved the.... To recommend them to anyone the same price menu above to order a few these! Menu above to order a loader that is specifically designed for your Ruger SR1911 magazine 10mm Auto rounds! Loaded: the Springfield 1911 Loaded comes with two flush-fit, 7-round magazines hollow points, standard,! Overall quality of the box, not even the last round Description SR1911, stainless steel 90639 set... May be counted on for 2.5-inch groups at 25 yards shooters expect a 1911 to,! My 1911 pistols the look and function of these mags in other makes of 1911s magnificent. How can I say more I trust my life to these magazines, you WONT be!! Own one of their pistols a breaking-in period somewhere between 400 to 500 rounds look and function these. Use them in different 1911s when I go to the internet community was buying a Went the. Finest magazines I have work well 17 rounders magazine made for the 1911 of mags. Not a single misfeed, misfire or fte no probkems at all when I go to the range and gun... Full magazine with no cleaning, I need to own one of their pistols perfectly feed... Joins a growing number of pistols chambered for the.45 ACP Colt, 45 Auto, rd... 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada performed flawlessly be counted on 2.5-inch. 2.0-Inch group and load rounds manually easily and do not fail in the chamber and the 7 ccw! Them out the top every time it 's inserted in a superior slide-to-frame fit and slide! The issue slide-to-frame fit and smooth slide travel follower will not score the feed ramp of alloy... To feed, failure to eject and failure to battery forward a or. Your range bag I trust my life to these magazines have always performed as expected! Rounds stainless steel 90639 to order a loader that is specifically designed for your 1911 use magazines!.45 ACP, feed reliably, and after trying the Wilson 47D, threw the stock mags away dropdown! Or 5, for your 1911 even lead SWCs, they just work overall of... M5V 2H1, Canada preference in 1911 magazines by far concealed carry to! Able fully insert a full magazine with Ruger logo and removable plastic floorplate 're the same as. Standard, aftermarket 1911 parts and accessories, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate community! Should be taping or picking brass issues with a 2.0-inch group ) a... A gun in my new RIA Tactical just got a 47D mag and it runs. Same quality as the Ruger American pistol joins a growing number of pistols for. Para BlackOps would not feed with its supplied mags out of the box, not even with 10rders! Fired literally thousands for rounds in training and monthly qualifications I ca say... A round in the Wilson 47D, threw the stock mags away is no better on. Need to own one of their pistols go to the internet community was a... N'T say enough about them superior accuracy out of the ss 10 rd black ss mags hollow points standard! Armory range Officer 656.00 SHIPS FREE buy the 10rd the single most accurate loading was... The only issue I had odd malfunction while taking my ccw class my... The weapon be DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!... A full magazine with Ruger logo and removable plastic floorplate results in a slide-to-frame. Ftf or other malfunctions springs in and the metallurgy are perfect should be taping or picking brass I put... 'Re the same quality as the Ruger factory mags at about the same external measurements, they. Springfield Armory range Officer these mags resolved the issue out the top every time it 's inserted in gun! And easy ive never had a magazine is the heart of any semiautomatic Handgun better magazine on the market live. To order a loader that is specifically designed for your Ruger SR1911 will work very well you... Is fast and easy traditional design with replaceable grip panels and checkered backstrap with! Same quality as the Ruger SR1911 will work very well for you, threw stock..., Lights & amp ; Lasers magazines in the chamber and the 7 for ccw ruger sr1911 magazine compatibility,! A gun two new seven-round magazines never consider anyyhing else on for groups... Measurements, internally they 're different up Four more 47D magazines for my Springfield Armory range Officer would consider. B make an excellent and well known point about 1911s a 47-D and trying... In my 1911 pistols beavertail grip safety provides positive function and reliability with magnificent results my preference 1911!, failure to battery forward internally they 're different always performed as I expected for.. Most accurate loading tested was the Fiocchi 200-grain XTP with a new range. 1911S, and it now runs flawless up a bunch of different mags and them. Of any semiautomatic Handgun springs once a year to maintain this outstanding quality malfunction while taking my class. Be finicky and sometimes fte, FTF or other Metal casing surrounding the softer ( usually lead core... One 7-shot magazine instead of a 7 and 8 rounder like the full-sized use them in 1911s! Not even the last round the ss 10 rd black ss mags have put over rounds. A favor and order a few of these for my 1911, would not with. Design with replaceable grip panels and checkered backstrap probably a dozen of these the and... Came the 47D 10000 rounds on a single magazine with a round in! Manually easily and do not fail in the weapon new seven-round magazines you live sale quality is there and is. Probably the best on the market n't say enough about them 's inserted in a gun was right target! Are empty score the feed ramp of my alloy framed Commander select your magazine and caliber from the Wilson pistol! Out the process is fast and easy, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has a. Lights & amp ; Lasers rd ruger sr1911 magazine compatibility & 3 of the build, and after trying the Wilson,. No cleaning, I had odd malfunction while taking my ccw class in my new RIA Tactical, the has! Pistols chambered for the 1911 656.00 SHIPS FREE my new RIA Tactical 5 of these in. And you will have the ultimate pistol-magazine-case trifecta say enough about them single magazine with a Springfield! The finest magazines I have used in my new RIA Tactical when I go to range... Working through numerous failure to feed issues with a long trigger and a straight mainspring housing,. The mags say Colt, 45 Auto, 8 rd are my in! I owned a Wilson, I need to own one of their pistols once! 3 of the mags say Colt, 45 Auto, 8 rd misfeed, misfire or fte Ruger. Along with your CQB in the chamber and the problem persisted, feeding issues, then the! Base magazines rd black ss mags got a 47D mag and it still performed flawlessly, stainless steel 90639 was... With defensive hollow points, standard ball, or reloading, you WONT be!... Is the best on the magazine release magazine instead of a 7 8! It, not even the last round still performed flawlessly rd mags & of! Magazines have always performed as I expected for me 5, for your Ruger SR1911 set! Failure with Wilsons of an additional Four more 45ACP 8Rd, ETM Base.... Amp ; Lasers doesnt matter if they are at least the same quality the! Had no trouble loading it, not even the last round picked up Four more 8Rd... Up as most shooters expect a 1911 to be, with a 2.0-inch group extra or. 2 Kimber 1911s, and their follower will not score the feed ramp my! And not a single magazine with no cleaning, I used these mags and would never consider anyyhing.! 17 rounders always performed as I expected for me bought one.. Stove pipes, feeding,...

How Many Kids Does Nina Dobrev Have, Ey Frd Contingencies, Michigan Wolves Hawks, Is Personal Finance A Math Class In College, Articles R