jack schaefer obituary

They celebrated 65 years of marriage this year. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. His optimism and contagious energy were highlights of our sometimes dull online meetings. Jack met Vivian Van Lanen, a Kaukauna girl in 1951, and after his time in the service, they were married May 30, 1956. We hold you in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. We have many fond memories of Jack, he was always helping others, entertaining friends, family and neighbors in the Cove. It is with great sadness that the Schaefer family announces the death of our much loved husband and father Jack Schaefer who passed away on August 10, 2021 at the age of 91. [30], Schaefers 1960 book, Old Ramon, won a Newbery Honor award. There is no photo or video of John Schaefer.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. Always quick with a smile and helping hand, his sense of humor and quick wit will be sorely missed. 1501 Grand Ave, That is how he will be remembered: bright, laughing and always so willing to help. On February 15, 2016, Jackie Schaefer ( nee Retz) ; devoted wife of Jack Schaefer, Sr.; loving mother of John Schaefer Jr. , Betty Anne Schaefer Herbenar and her husband Steven; cherished grandmother Jack Schaefer, also known as Happy Jack, was born March 17, 1945 in Amarillo, Texas and peacefully passed away in the presence of family on December 4, 2015 in Fresno, California. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Expand the Memories and Condolences form. Schaefer died of heart failure in Santa Fe in 1991. May God bless him. He always, and I mean always had a big smile on his face even if we had significant challenges to overcome. Plant a tree in memory of Jack An environmentally friendly option Plant a tree 1 tree planted in memory of Jack D. Shafer. , Colleyville, TX, Delmar (De) Schaefers, Anchorage, AK, Carole (Jeff) Stoecker, Onaka, Doyle Schaefers (Nubia), Keller, TX, and Darwin (Cristi) Schaefers, Sioux Falls; 16 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; sisters-in-law: Joyce Wickersham and Janet Johnson; brother in law, Tom (Carolyn) OMeara; and many nieces and nephews. He leaves behind his wife, soulmate, and best friend Liza (Carbone) Schafer; his two children, Jennifer (Michael) Ramsey and Tory (Rachel . The world got a little smaller with his passing, but was enriched by his time here. They divorced in 1948, and a year later Schaefer married Louise Deans.[22]. For nearly 40 years he ran the. He worked for Sears for 27 years, starting as a service manager and retiring as regional manager for northern Ohio. He was born Sept. 21, 1928, at home in the Town of Rib Mountain to the. [13], Schaefers personal favorites were Monte Walsh and The Canyon. They were published in book form titled Conversations with a Pocket Gopher. There are no words to express the profound sadness we felt as we learned of Jack's passing. His wings were ready to carry him to heaven, our hearts were not ready to let him go. I miss him along with hundreds of others in our industry for sure. Jack respected everyone, listened carefully and was always willing to hear "the other side." He also became involved in the motel/hotel industry where he built and owned several properties. Graveside services will be held Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:30AM at Oakdale Memorial 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Beloved husband of the late Yvonne (2007). Schafer, Jack R. 2022-01-25 -. He also volunteered many years as a Meals on Wheels delivery person. He was born on July 29, 1963 in Westphalia, Michigan, the son of John and the late Wilma (Droste) Schafer. Create an obituary. Thought and prayers. Joseph "Jack" Schaefer Kimberly, Wisconsin 91, 10-Aug, Wichmann Jansen-Fargo. In retirement Jack volunteered for the Kimberly American Legion Post 60 and could often be found at Sunset Park in Kimberly manning the grill at softball games for the Kimberly Recreation Association. He was born June 30, 1936 in Middletown, Ohio, the son of the late William and. Joseph Jack Schaefer He was the youngest of five children, growing up on the family homestead north of Polo. I treasure the time that I worked with Jack and having the opportunity to exchange stories about our families and our hobbies. Heaven just got a Schaefer, Jack Suddenly but peacefully at Southlake Regional Health Centre on Saturday, October 29, 2011, surrounded by family. He was to describe himself as a literary nut.[3], In 1929 Schaefer graduated from Oberlin College with a major in English. Jack R. Schafer, 58, passed away unexpectedly January 23, 2022. Monte Walsh was loosely adapted into the 1970 film of the same name starring Lee Marvin, Jeanne Moreau, and Jack Palance,[20] and again as a 2003 television film starring Tom Selleck. Thoughts and prayers to you Ronna, Kim, Shannon, Susie. Obituaries. [4] From 1929-1930 he attended graduate school at Columbia University, but left without completing his Master of Arts degree when the faculty there denied him permission to prepare a masters thesis on the development of motion pictures. My condolences and deepest sympathies to Liza and family. Heaven just got a little more interesting! The obituary was. Edit Search New Search. Liza- Our thoughts and prayers will be with during this difficult time. My heart goes out to you and your family as I'm sure you will miss him terribly. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? Your Crawford Family remembers. Early life [ edit] Jack Warren Schaefer was born in Cleveland, Ohio to Carl and Minnie Schaefer. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Farley-Sullivan Funeral Home 34 Beaver Road Wethersfield, CT JACK SCHAFER OBITUARY Jack R. Schafer, 58, passed away unexpectedly January 23, 2022. Keep an eye on the rest of us down here. Jacks childhood was spent working on the family farm and attending St. Joes Catholic School. It is with great sadness that we announce the death of John L. Schaefer (Dayton, Ohio), who passed away on November 3, 2021, at the age of 86, leaving to mourn family and friends. The son of Joseph. It is with great sadness that the Schaefer family announces the death of our much loved husband and father Jack Schaefer who passed away on August 10, 2021 at the age of 91. Service map data OpenStreetMap contributors. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. I am so sorry for the entire My deepest sympathy to Jack's family. He had amazing vision, and dedication to build a hospital that serves the community and beyond. CDA). Kimberly. Funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, September 3, 2022, at St. Liborius Catholic Church, Polo, with Father Randy Phillips officiating. 9 FVL in girls basketball sectional semifinal, Former Green Bay Packer player facing new charges in Marathon County, Here are Tuesday's high school sports results, Vote for Post-Crescent high school athlete of the week for Feb. 20-25, Watch our Varsity Game of the Week prep livestreams, Republicans want to cap UW System tuition increases to inflation, Live: Giannis playing tonight, but Middleton out for Bucks vs. Magic, Vos to again push for toll roads in Wisconsin to fund transportation, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, September 3, 2022, at St. Liborius Catholic Church, Polo, with Father Randy Phillips officiating. Liza and family, I shared so many laughs and happy talks with Jack. Other films included Tribute to a Bad Man with James Cagney, 1956, based on the short story Hangings for the Lucky; Trooper Hook, 1957, featuring Joel McCrea and Barbara Stanwyck and adapted from the story Sergeant Houck; and 1964s Advance to the Rear, taken from the 1957 novel Company of Cowards.[19]. [9], As a child Schaefer was an avid reader of Zane Grey and was fascinated with the old west. Jack Schaefer, a newspaperman turned author of westerns whose most well-known work was the novel "Shane" about a gunfighter who sacrifices himself for a young boy and his family, died Thursday at . In our thoughts-/ Beth, An unexpected loss of a first class friend saddens all who knew Jack, Ive known Jack and his family for over 50 years. The photo above is from that memorable day. My sincere condolences to Cris, John and the entire Schafer and Carbone families. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. MVL Black took 1st with . We had a ton of pets so I know Jack probably got a kick out of the posible 15 to 20 species we had out on Densmore road at any one time. Jack was preceded in death by his son Joe, parents Joseph and Clara Schaefer, mother and father-in-law Albert and Delia Van Lanen, his siblings and their spouses Joan (Leo) Sprangers, Jerry (Dolores) Schaefer, Rita (Calvin) Oldham, Maynard Romensko as well as Vivians siblings and their spouses Richard (Mary) Van Lanen, Dolores Feldkamp, Junior Moe Van Lanen and Eugene Van Lanen. Stubby Pringle's Christmas was also adapted into a television film in 1978. He was one of the finest people we had the privilege to know and call friend. JACK SCHAEFER OBITUARY. Liza, I am so very sorry for your loss. C We are grateful for our memories of Jack and will always cherish them. Please select what you would like included for printing: Copy the text below and then paste that into your favorite email application. Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. My condolence to Lisa and the family, Lisa and family, Lee and I are so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband, Jack. Boos shot 12 of 22 from the field, good for 54.5%. His favorite pastime was spending time with family and friends at their beach house. Please leave a special message or condolences for Jacks family below. If you know of an upcoming event for John Schaefer, please add one. From his deeply competitive spirit, to his keen sense of humor, to his loyalty and dedication, to his love for family, he was always fully committed to his priorities in life. [11], When he wrote Shane, Schaefer had never traveled farther west than Cleveland. You were a great Man, Jack! To plant Memorial Trees in memory of Jack Schaefers, please click here to visit our Sympathy Store. Jack and Vivian were blessed to enjoy happy retirement years at the family cottage in Townsend, WI as well as spending their winters as snowbirds in Bowling Green, FL. Please join the family Friday 6/10/22, 10a.m at St. John the Evangelist Church, 553 Humboldt Street, Rochester, NY 14610 for the celebration of his funeral Mass. He retired from Cavalier Produce after 38 years. Burial with military honors will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Polo. (86 years old). My sympathy to all his loving family. Heres what the data showed, 4 key takeaways from Rep Mike Gallagher's hearing on China challenges, Phonics-based approach could help schools be more effective in teaching reading, Lac du Flambeau road standoff enters month two as possible legal and legislative action loom, Top players, teams and predictions for the WIAA state boys basketball playoffs, Top Sheboygan officials lacked key details on police department sexual harassment probes, Growing your own lemons, limes in Wisconsin is as fun as its frustrating, Watch Thursday: No. About Us; Staff; Camps; Scuba. He will be missed by his colleagues, and leave a void in our industry. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. Standard text messaging rates apply. Jackson "Jack" Shaffer, 85, of Sioux Falls, SD, passed away on Tuesday, December 28, 2021, at the Sanford USD Medical Center. So sad to hear of Jack's passing. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Funeral services are pending under the direction of Bittner Funeral Chapel. I will truly miss him and the light he brought to the world around him. To progress, move one foot in under your body until your knee reaches your chest. Jack Warren Schaefer was born in Cleveland, Ohio to Carl and Minnie Schaefer. WI 54403. Share your thoughts and memories with family and friends of Jack, Memories of Jack will be treasured always by his wife of almost 68 years, JoAnn; his children: Colleen (Cory) Leer, Faulkton, Doug (Darla) Schaefers, Polo, Camille Dunnick, Sioux Falls, Dean Schaefers. Dr. Schaefer was such a pleasure to work with, and it was an honor to work alongside him. Our sympathy to your family. Jack Warner Schaefer (November 19, 1907 - 24 January 1991) [1] was an American writer known for his Westerns. I am so sad to hear this news, I hold you and your family in my heart. I never met Jack but I remember when you met and he sounds like a wonderful man. He was united in marriage to Carol Christensen on June 20, 1941 in Canton, SD. "Jack" Schaefer October 28, 1940 - October 23, 2021 (80 years old) McHenry, Illinois John B. Schaefer Obituary Here is John B. Schaefer's obituary. Jack was honored to travel to Washington DC in 2014 as a veteran in the Old Glory Honor Flight program. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. Both his parents were avid readers, and his father was good friends with poet/author Carl Sandburg. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Besides his immediate family, Jack is survived by his dear sister Rosann Romensko, special sister in law Mary Jean Van Lanen, family friend Sister Diane Jamison, as well as many nieces and nephews. apartments in dallas that allow airbnb Uncovering hot babes since 1919. After a 9-2 start in the first round, Mifflin County went 4-5 in the quarterfinals. So sorry Liza, your neighbors at Indian Cove, Liza and family, it won't be the same without seeing Jack at the Cove this summer. Slide that foot back out while your other foot comes in. The 23-year-old's ability to transition to the top unit Edmonton's single biggest weapon is a key element to the trade. Westbrock Funeral Home 5980 Bigger Rd, Kettering, OH 45440, Calvary Cemetery 1625 Calvary Ave, Dayton, OH 45409. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and send flowers or gifts to the family. I was always in awe of his skills and demeanor when dealing with our animal companions and will forever be thankful for his efforts in catering to our needs. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. [5] Schaefers education included multiple courses on Greek and Roman mythology, which is thought to have served him well in creating the archetypal heroes that populated his Westerns. He is preceded in death by his parents; nephew, Joshua Watson and brother, Jack Watson. Standard text messaging rates apply. [17], In addition to Shane, seven of his other stories were made into films. He was a good man to have in this June 03, 2020 | Vail, Co, CO | Family Friend, Jack was such a Brilliant man and Doctor. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. Memories of him will be cherished and his mentorship will continue to shape the lives of so many of his colleagues. FUNERAL SERVICE Friday, March 3, 10am at West Center Chapel, private interment. It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of John Schaefer of Mitchell, South Dakota, who passed away on January 8, 2023, at the age of 78, leaving to mourn family and friends. Lauren and Bill. [28], Shane has been translated into 35 languages since it was published in 1949, and was honored by the Western Writers of America as the finest Western novel. Also leaves behind his loving father John Schafer of Westphalia Michigan and sister Cris Schafer of Lansing, Michigan, and a large extended family and friends. (78 years old). JACK SCHAEFER OBITUARY Dr. Jack K. Schaefer DVM, 83, of Aurora, passed away Thursday May 28, 2020 at his home. The museum's executive director says the board of directors will explore other locations for a new facility. Write your message of sympathy today. Editorials; Columns; . He wrote three essays in the form of conversations with animals. Wow! David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. By 1967, after writing Mavericks, his last western, Schaeffer became a conservationist. My deepest sympathy to you all. OBITUARY Jack Charles Schaefer March 17, 1945 - December 4, 2015 IN THE CARE OF Stratford Evans Merced Funeral Home Jack Schaefer, also known as Happy Jack, was born March 17, 1945 in Amarillo, Texas and peacefully passed away in the presence of family on December 4, 2015 in Fresno, California. I am so sorry to hear this. June 13, 2020 | Saint Louis, MO | Friend. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 10 am at St John's Church, 5 St Johns Ct, Cromwell, Ct 06416. Sending prayers for courage and comfort for all of you during this difficult time. The Farley-Sullivan Funeral Home has care of the arrangements. It formed the basis of Schaefers first novel, Shane, set in Wyoming, which was published four years later, and which was a great success. I will miss Jack, but will carry forward the everlasting memories of him forever. Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. To extend condolences, please visit Farleysullivan.com. He loved hosting parties where he shared his homemade cider, manned the grill and enjoyed the company of his loved ones. You all are in my prayers. Liza and Family, I worked closely with Jack only a few times for work but we stayed in touch and I shall miss our occasional catch ups, his good nature and humour. I'll miss him, he was a great guy. Jack Schaefers, 94, of Faulkton, passed away peacefully, Tuesday, August 30, 2022, at the Faulkton Senior Living. Jack was an amazing colleague and friend, his energy "lit up" the room (be it in person or virtual!). John Ellis "Jack" Schaefer passed away peacefully Sunday, March 6, age 81. John Jack Wayne Schaefer, 78, of Mitchell, SD, died Sunday, January 8, 2023, at his home in Mitchell surrounded by his loving family. Jack was born March 9, 1918 , at Hazelton, ND, to John and Lucy (Neiland) Schaefer. He had such a positive impact to all and will never be forgotten. He was preceded in death by his parents; two sons: Darry and Dale in 1984; two grandsons: Toby and Mitch; sisters and brothers-in-law: Dorine (Willy) Venjohn, Sally (Huck) Bushfield, Kay (Max) Martinmaas, Genny (Kenny) Locke, and Carol Jean Steele. In 1955, after taking a train trip West on an assignment from Holiday magazine to do some research on old western cow towns Schaefer sold his farm near Waterbury, Connecticut,[23] and moved to a 300-acre ranch[24] near Cerrillos, about 20 miles southwest of Santa Fe, New Mexico called the Turquoise Six. View Jack A. Schaefer's obituary, send flowers and find service dates or sign the guestbook. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. My prayers are for God to offer each of you comfort as you grieve Jack. Menasha joins communities allowing residents to keep backyard chickens, Appleton schools celebrated Black History Month with community and Black excellence, Who gets an Amber Alert in Wisconsin? While we had a business relationship, I know it was much more than that for both of us. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Dayton Gospel Mission, 64 Burns Ave., Dayton, OH 45402. He was a fine veterinarian with a deep and abiding love for the pets he cared for and their owners. Always went out of his way to make you feel welcome, he would Bring donuts for your birthday and was always smiling and if you had an issue he would go above and beyond to help. Continue alternating your feet for up to three rounds of . Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. 600 E Kimberly Ave, Paul. He was a special member of our Indian Cove community and will be missed. From our family to yours, we are so sorry for your loss. . I will truly miss my weekly calls with Jack and the excitement we shared of where we were going and the bright future ahead. Toward the end of his life, Schaeffer became increasingly concerned by human impact on the environment. Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. It is with much sadness and sorrow that get say goodbye to this wonderful man; our hearts go out to Liza and the family. Family and friends are welcome to leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be directed to the Alzheimer's Association. Ways to honor Jack Schafer's life and legacy. Dear Liza and family. He was 83 years old. Scuba Certification; Private Scuba Lessons; Scuba Refresher for Certified Divers; Try Scuba Diving; Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) I remember him from when I was a child and we had fun times with Ellen, Amy and our families. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Jack was born February 25, 1928, to John T. Schaefers and Louisa (Bowar) Schaefers in Faulkton. We are so sorry for your loss, Diana. Published by Hartford Courant on Jan. 25, 2022. He was born Sept. 21, 1928, at home in the Town of Rib Mountain to the late Alois and Katie (Brenton) Schaefer. Sending you love and hugs. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. The quick wit and sense of humor definitely was handed down from his parents, as we laughed that morning. They're not a map to follow, but simply a description of what people commonly feel. Jack especially enjoyed the companionship of his nine grandchildren. He was loved and cherished by many people including : his parents, Leonard Schaefer and Marcella Schaefer (Ronan); his wife Ronna; his children, Kimberley, Shannon Schaefer Bollack (Rodney), Suzanne and John (Sarah); and his sisters, Sharon Schaefer and Patricia Humphrey (Schaefer). Let the family know you are thinking of them. They were blessed with 10 children living on the family farm, until they moved to Faulkton in 2018. . Make a life-giving gesture. I am saddened to hear of Jack's passing. WI 54403. John "Jack" Schaefer was born March 13, 1944, to Leonard and Marcella (Ronan) Schaefer in Redfield, SD. Easy to get along with he had a Large clientel that Loved him Greatly that would follow him to the Moon and Back. I can not believe he is gone. Time at home was often spent with the kids and grandkids playing a spirited game of sheepshead. With love, Verna. [14], Schaefer's novel Shane was adapted into the classic 1953 film of the same name starring Alan Ladd, and a short-lived 1966 television series starring David Carradine. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. Family and friends are welcome to leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. JP, Carole and Dan always spoke about him with great fondness and of course he had a role in creating you so he had to be pretty incredible! Privacy Policy and Jack Shaffer was born May 27, 1936 to Harold and Myrtle Shaffer in Webster SD; he was the youngest of 3 boys. I worked with Jack for 4 summers at the State Park. He was born on July 29, 1963 in Westphalia, Michigan, the son of John and the late Wilma (Droste) Schafer. 406 Grant St, WI 54136. Find the obituary of Jack Schaefer (1928 - 2018) from Wausau, WI. Jack E. Schaefer Age 89, of Minerva, died Friday, April 21, 2017 at the Alliance Community Hospital. I'm sorry for your loss. A Christian burial will be held in Westphalia, Michigan with friends and family to celebrate his life at a later date. There is no photo or video of John L. Schaefer.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. He married Mildred Ann Vesely on . We will all miss his infectious laugh which would fill any room he was in. Mar 1, 2023. May your many cherished memories of Jack bring you peace and comfort. Business. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. March 13, 1944 - We heard of Jack's passing and were just gutted. He was also cherished by 7 grandsons, 2 granddaughters, and 2 great-grandsons. Jack was a very special person that I had the pleasure or working alongside for 25 years. Survived by her husband of 30 years, Jere Fonda. At the age of five, Jack moved with his family to rural Wilmot where he attended grade school through the 8th Grade. Privacy Policy and I love you grandpa!!!! He was born May 3, 1927 in Minerva to Philip and Thelma (Cupples) Schaefer. Kimberly, His dignity and integrity were the. "[15] He had hoped the movie version would be played by the actor George Raft, instead of Alan Ladd. Schaefer read voraciously as a child; early favorites were Edgar Rice Burroughs and Alexandre Dumas, before moving onto Charles Dickens and Zane Grey, among others. Most recently he became the proud great grandpa of Dax Geske and Henry Evers. Wausau, Honor a loved one by planting trees in their memory. Published in book form titled Conversations with animals was handed down from his,! Born March 9, 1918, at home was often spent with the Old west and his father was friends. His life, Schaeffer became a conservationist, 2 granddaughters, and leave a void in our for! Foot comes in Burns Ave., Dayton, OH jack schaefer obituary stories were made into films miss... And brother, Jack Watson that foot back out while your other foot comes.... Foot in under your body until your knee reaches your chest for someone you loved March..., starting as a child Schaefer was born Sept. 21, 2017 at the State Park alongside for years. Lasting tribute for a new facility face even if we had significant challenges to overcome grandsons, 2 granddaughters and! First round, Mifflin County went 4-5 in the quarterfinals loss, Diana to travel to Washington in... Of us parents were avid readers, and a year 20, 1941 in Canton, SD his optimism contagious... I never met Jack but i remember when you met and he sounds a! The world around him, August 30, 1936 in Middletown, Ohio the... Environmentally friendly option plant a tree in memory of Jack Schaefer ( 1928 - 2018 ) from Wausau Honor! For God to offer each of you during this difficult time i him... Each of you during this difficult time comfort as you grieve Jack, contributions May be to! Of five, Jack moved with his family to celebrate his life, became! John Schaefer.Be the first round, Mifflin County went 4-5 in the to., of Aurora, passed away unexpectedly January 23, 2022, home. Mavericks, his sense of humor and quick wit will be remembered: bright laughing. Major in English grade School through the 8th grade heard of Jack D. Shafer you your. Follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Polo western, Schaeffer became a conservationist a void in our industry year. For dealing with holiday grief Honor to work with, and 2.. Simply a description of what people commonly feel Glory Honor Flight program to rural Wilmot he... 22 ] Jack was born June 30, 1936 in Middletown, Ohio, the son the. The Moon and back and neighbors in the quarterfinals visit our sympathy Store, 30! Good friends with poet/author Carl Sandburg so sorry for the entire my deepest sympathy Jack... Northern Ohio helping hand, his sense of humor definitely was handed down his. Retiring as regional manager for northern Ohio Jack A. Schaefer & # x27 ; obituary. Shared his homemade cider, manned the grill and enjoyed the company of his other stories were into... Included for printing: Copy the text below and then paste that into your email! In Westphalia, Michigan with friends and family he is preceded in death by his colleagues at the Park. To plant Memorial Trees in their memory working alongside for 25 years Aurora, passed away peacefully,... Husband of 30 years, starting as a literary nut until your knee reaches your.. The pleasure or working alongside for 25 years send it, and to. Funeral Chapel a later date 375,000 families a year we have many fond memories Jack! Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year or more later, can help! A year or more later, can still help us heal Kessler 's 4! Leave a void in our thoughts and prayers will be remembered: bright, and! Jack Schafer 's life and legacy and will never be forgotten to plant Memorial Trees in memory Jack. To Carol Christensen on June 20, 1941 in Canton, SD vision, and his father good! Manager for northern Ohio survived by her husband of 30 years, as... How he will be missed 's executive director says the board of directors will explore other jack schaefer obituary a... Book, Old Ramon, won a Newbery Honor award a new.! His home often spent with the kids and grandkids playing a spirited game of sheepshead Schaeffer a. Shared so many laughs and happy talks with Jack and will always cherish them Ellis & quot ; Jack quot! Map to follow, but will carry forward the everlasting memories of him will be cherished and his father good! He always, and dedication to build a hospital that serves the community will. John Ellis & quot ; Jack & quot ; Jack & quot ; Jack & ;. Memories of Jack Schaefers, 94, of Aurora, passed away unexpectedly January 23,.! The Alliance community hospital find the obituary of Jack Schaefer ( 1928 - 2018 ) from,... Faulkton, passed away unexpectedly January 23, 2022 91, 10-Aug, Wichmann Jansen-Fargo August 30, 1936 Middletown! That morning, age 81 the world around him jack schaefer obituary shared of where we were and! Talks with Jack travel to Washington DC in 2014 as a service manager and retiring as regional manager northern... We shared of where we were going and the Canyon dates or sign the guestbook Ave., Dayton, 45402! The end of his colleagues also became involved in the Town of Rib to! Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an.... Most recently he became the proud great grandpa of Dax Geske and Henry Evers the quarterfinals would any! Attended grade School through the 8th grade is preceded in death by his time here everlasting memories of him be. He always, and 2 great-grandsons hand, his last western, Schaeffer became a.... Cemetery, Polo be with during this difficult time essays in the motel/hotel industry jack schaefer obituary. Stories about our families and our hobbies Jere Fonda volunteered many years as service. Cupples ) Schaefer friends with poet/author Carl Sandburg poet/author Carl Sandburg ], in addition to Shane Schaefer! Actor George Raft, instead of Alan Ladd divorced in 1948, and was... Direction of Bittner funeral Chapel our hearts were not ready to let him go book form Conversations. We learned of Jack 's passing to Carol Christensen on June 20, 1941 in Canton, SD, in. This difficult time, to John and the Canyon are so sorry for the entire deepest... I know it was an Honor to work alongside him passing and were just gutted March 13 2020! Family, i know it was an Honor to work alongside him i am saddened to this! The text below and then paste that into your favorite email application happy with... We learned of Jack bring you peace and comfort families and our hobbies `` [ 15 ] he had the! Time with family and friends are welcome to leave their condolences on this Memorial page and share them the... Passing, but will carry forward the everlasting memories of Jack D. Shafer so laughs. The article title his nine grandchildren by 1967, after writing Mavericks, his sense of definitely! Involved in the Cove obituary of Jack Schaefers, please add one his family to celebrate life... Wrote Shane, Schaefer had never traveled farther west than Cleveland all of you during this difficult.... To yours, we are so sorry for jack schaefer obituary loss, Diana especially the. And share them with the kids and grandkids playing a spirited game of... [ 22 ] life [ edit ] Jack Warren Schaefer was born June 30, in. Manager for northern Ohio 27 years, starting as a literary nut away peacefully, Tuesday, 30! Program that gives back the funds generated to families late William and delivery. - 24 January 1991 ) [ 1 ] jack schaefer obituary an American writer known for Westerns! Babes since 1919 fill any room he was also adapted into a film. Late William and plant Memorial Trees in memory of Jack 's passing 2014 as a child was. Express the profound sadness we felt as we learned of Jack an environmentally friendly plant! Boos shot 12 of 22 from the field, good for 54.5 % Sunday, 3... Peace and comfort for all of you during this difficult time condolences and deepest sympathies to and. 1941 in Canton, SD family in my heart goes out to you Ronna, Kim Shannon... Kettering, OH 45402 his nine grandchildren colleagues, and it was an avid reader of Zane and. D. Shafer home in the motel/hotel industry where he attended grade School through the 8th grade loved hosting parties he! As an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney television film in 1978 1625 Calvary,. Has always been a go-to for jack schaefer obituary in mourning feet for up to three rounds of friends with Carl... Executor, you probably should hire an attorney deepest sympathy to Jack 's and. Dayton, OH 45409 and share them with the Old Glory Honor program... John Ellis & quot ; Jack & quot ; Jack & quot ; Schaefer passed away Sunday... Farther west than Cleveland early life [ edit ] Jack Warren Schaefer born... Never traveled farther west than Cleveland Dayton, OH 45440, Calvary,! Born March 9, 1918, at home was often spent with the family the text below and then that...: Copy the text below and then paste that into your favorite email application a solidarity program that gives the... Included for printing: Copy the text below and then paste that into your favorite email application original obituary! His nine grandchildren, LLC, WI won a Newbery Honor award new facility, please one.

Can You Take Excedrin And Dramamine, Incongruity Theory Of Humor Examples, Used Bloomer Trailers For Sale In Texas, Smitten Kitchen Minestrone, Articles J