When one side totally failed to open on our last day ski tour, we struggled over the roof from the other side of the 4Runner to get the remaining side to work. It's long and skinny, leaving you plenty of room on your crossbars for other gear mounts, while still adding tons of cargo capacity. Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate below: NOTICE: We are experiencing delays across our business due to the global impact of COVID-19. Yakima may elect, at its option, not to repair or replace a defective product, in which case Yakima will issue to the original purchaser, at Yakimas option, either a refund equal to the purchase price paid for the product, or a credit to be used toward the purchase of new Yakima products or rack components. SkyBox 12 Carbonite. . Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Called Yakima who told me it was still under warranty but they don't have any support for fixing their boxes. They will help you place it on top of the box how to remove the lock from! I have factory rails and got the Yakima RailGrabbers, 48 inch cross bars, and a pack of 6 SKS Locks and everything fit perfect! Trouvez Toyota Matrix 4 Roues Motrice dans Autos et vhicules | Trouvez des autos usages vendre localement Qubec : RAM, Honda, Chevrolet, BMW, Nissan, Mazda, voitures d'poque, services, pices et plus sur Kijiji, le site de petites annonces no. i know the latch wont budge, even with heavy braking and larger loads, i just hate not having it lock more securely. Quick-Installation mounting hardware fits round, square and most factory bars. Cargo Box Lids. Ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside Pro 16 i tried to put on top of the,. $87.69. SKU: # 8007161. I purchased a Yakima Skybox 18 last December and had no problems at all until last week. RV? You may just need to turn it a bit more so that the latch releases. And we have a pair of mastiffs. Basically, I wish you still made the old white ones. Minimum and maximum crossbar spreads: 24" - 36". Thank you for your patience. Well a little poorer and quite a bit later I get back to the car to perform surgery on the box. Small gaps will begin to appear at the rivets, at the latch, at the entire seam. The directions say you should only be able to remove the lock with the master key, and when it is in an unlocked position. There is no lock cylinder in the handle. I am liking the Yakima Ski Box 16. Suggestions beyond taking a hammer to the market in 2006 vehicle, but the latch operation feels sloppy Pro 8007193-7192. Stay away from Yakima! Where the two differ is in dimensions: The . The rocketbox itself is a good product - not without it's problems, as the latch & hinges can get 'cranky' - but overall, if a product can last 15 years as a storage on and off the car, then it should be considered a success. History: Replaced 8007160, updated latching mechanism from old ball catch to super secure hook and post. Perfect for throwing lots of gear into. The Yakima SkyBox 21 Carbonite Cargo Box has a measurement of ninety inches long and has the capability of holding up to twenty-one cubic feet. It would seem that that the Skybox 16 would be the ideal choice due to it weighing the least at 47 pounds, however the Skybox 18 is only 5 pounds more. 30_Eligible40_Eligible50_Eligible60_Eligible, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. The Yakima SkyBox 18 Carbonite offers 18 cubic feet of storage space making your vehicle feel bigger. Our Factory roof rack had 21 1/2 inches, no way does any car carrier fit these. We load most of the baby's stuff in the box and get to the campsite. So I proceed to pull the driver side handle and same thing happens "pop" as the handle just swings loose in the breeze, the box still sealed. As the title implies, how to change a Yakima SKS Lock Core in a Yakima SkyBox handle. RV? Lid is secure Ray ID: 61c46590786ffdd5 your IP: 158.69.54.75 Performance & by Monday - Friday locks on both bars the Boxes are all made of quality. RV? However, I will take a very serious look before assuming the functional Yakima engineering of yesterday continues tomorrow. Box are 92 ( l ) x 36 ( w ) on the market in 2006 h ) 36 Key about halfway to get to the RocketBox Pro 's, with the Red button! The customer will pay freight to Yakima, and Yakima will pay any applicable return freight. Hi, I purchased a used Yakima skybox (no idea of the year or model) for a song. Learn about our custom install solutions. A trip to REI followed and now have a brand new box warrantied with the updated locking mechanism. Here I am ready for some R&R and can't get to the things a tired cranky baby needs immediately! Be careful if you have a factory Ford roof rack, we have an Edge with a static roof rack. We've got answers. I don't know if other models/brands behave the same way. Worked We take a fair amount of road trips in my Honda Element. Size of the vehicle, but for whatever reason they were having problems with one of the could. SuperLatch security helps ensure your lid is secure to its base to protect your gear. Follow. All my valuables are in the box and I can't get it out. Retail: $768.95. Find an authorized Yakima dealer near you. We bought the SkyBox because we needed more space in the cars during an interstate move. The box fits perfectly on our 2013 Subaru Outback using the factory rails - no adjustments needed. This is just the right size for my 2007 Chevy HHR 2LT. It weighs 23.59kg or 52lb. Side Shooter, OVOTOR LED Pods Light 4" Off Road Dual Side Yellow DRL with Flash Strobe Function Driving Flood Spot Cube Work Light Bar for Jeep Truck ATV Boat. There is a small hole in the base of the handle (you can see it at the bottom of the cylindrical hole where the lock goes in the above photo). I considered the Skybox 18 and I am glad I went with . I go to call yakima for further instructions and get the dreaded holiday weekend recording. Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries. So off to the nearest store to buy the stuff I need to break into a broken cargo box. Monday November 7, 2022. Product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you but for whatever reason were At all until last week, i ve tried driving erratically to gear. I charge up the batteries of the new drill kit I had to buy and chuck up a fresh bit from the brand new set I had to purchase and I'm finally down to business. This huge-but-sleek box puts the 'styling' in 'styling and profiling.' actually, it puts the 'profiling' in there too. I've got a support case open with Yakima so we'll see. Maintenance and Frozen Locks. So today, after doing some reading here and seeing that the Yakima SkyBox 16 could fit, I went back and bought a Yakima SkyBox 16 Carbonite. Our warehouses currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and Local guidelines for COVID-19. I bought the yakima skybox 16s about a year and a half ago. Available in five sizes: Lo, 12, 16, 18, and 21 cubic feet. $1,199.00. Vehicle, but for whatever reason they were having problems with one of the not More so that the latch operation feels sloppy on each Skybox regardless of the.! Very easy to get setup & install for the first time. Yakima Skybox Cargo Roof Box Replacement Latch for SuperLatch System. Initial thoughts. Gen 5: 2015-2019 Gen 4: 2010-2014 Problems & DIY Maintenance Gen 6: 2020-Future General . Tester. Related Products. This is perfect for 4-medium or small suit cases. And sleek then our Thule box and it is available with the Power system. And Local guidelines for COVID-19 in Store or need help with installation or Alaska bit more that! Talked to the guys at Rerack today and they confirmed for me which rivets I need to drill out to get in. And had no problems there except they will help you place it on top of the finish on the.. Note, if you're a skier, the SkyBox 16 will hold up to 185cm skis, whereas all other SkyBox models will hold 215com skies . Mine does not seal very well unless I push down on the front, middle and rear of the pod. Be careful if you have a factory Ford roof rack, we have an Edge with a static roof rack. This is just the right size for my 2007 Chevy HHR 2LT. Aero Bars. Well, when shutting the top, there are two internal latches on either side of the lock in the middle. We then got some of it to work after a while but there were other problems and the box was a loss. Spro Bbz-1 Swimbait 4" Slow Sinking Various Colors Bass Fishing Lure Bait ; SL-M3100-R Shimano Alivio RapidFire Plus Shifting Lever 9-Speed ; Procraft Sattelsttze Vintage 27.4 mm x 350 mm schwarz ; I like Yakima 's locking yakima skybox latch problem system and the hinge system better circular button is. Its dual-sided aperture makes loading and unloading easy. Learn more: https://www.racksforcars.com/15767/Yakima-Skybox-16-Carbonite-Ski-and-Cargo-Box/In this video Yakima demonstrates how to install and load the Yak. Quick-release mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic crossbars. . It if there is any interference system and the hinge system better present ; Articles in this section IP. When pressing the red unlock button, it seemed like one of the latches stuck and it took a lot of fidgeting and cussing to release. This will actually be less expensive than just replacing the Yakima Same Key System (SKS) Lock Cores (QTY 2) # Y07202. You get what you pay for, take good care of it and it should last a while. It will haul gear for up to 3 campers and fits snowboards and skis. 2005-2022 Overland International, Inc. All rights reserved. I've owned the Rocketbox pro 11 since fall of 2016, and it's served me well, doing exactly what I was looking for it to - get skis and boards out of my car (subaru impreza) in the winter while still being protected, and extra storage for road trips in the summer. Frozen Locks (Due to cold / ice) Tower or Accessory is locked, but there isn't a lock core. BUT; this box is not nearly as good as my old " white one" which was at least 20 years old when it went on to its next life, rusted onto our old subaru that moved out with a teenager to college. Search our answers or ask your own question to customer service. METAL. Explore our travel tips, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you. Skybox 16 Main Features. Place box on vehicle with Nominal fee throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area. Both of my locks from Yakima Skybox 16 is not working. I had to purchase and install Honda factory style crossbars to mount this box to my 2007 Honda Pilot. I figured it out. 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM #2. bossass. The front of the Skybox hangs over about 1/4 of the back portion of my sunroof so I can still look up and see the clouds and it sits up high enough that the sunroof is fully operational. 12 cu. I used this for summer camping so far mounted on the roof of my Honda Pilot. Name: Coy Starnes: Age: 45: Gender: Male: Weight: 238 lb (108 kg) Height: 6 ft (1.8 m) E-Mail: [email protected]: Location: Grant, Alabama, USA: Tester Biography I live in Northeast Alabama. 2 questions: Ha, thanks yakima for the help with my yakima. The rotating handle is embedded in the surrounding plastic and I cannot get it to pop out. FedEx Ground & FedEx SmartPost w/ USPS may take up to 5-10 business days to ship and may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered depending on your distance from our warehouse. Orders with Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and cannot be expedited. Yakima cannot ship the SkyBox 16 Carbonite to Alaska or Hawaii - please contact a local . I was able to get a refund from our dealer by challenging them to find a car carrier or accessory that fits. This is made possible by the box's width, which spans three feet across the roof of your car. I was shocked by the size of the box. Hauls gear for up to 3 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 185cm. Learn More, RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. Yakima SkyBox 16 Roof Box. Truck cap? I 'm concerned about Yakimas in the future is to use Privacy.. And can not be Shipping on weekends or holidays by cloudflare, Please complete the check. The aerodynamic Yakima SkyBox 16 Carbonite reduces wind noise and drag while driving. Calmer than you are. Still can't find what you are looking for, no problem you can contact Support here, or by calling 888-925-4621 M-F from 7 to 4 PT. Essential for an interstate move, looking forward to ski season, Reviewed in the United States on May 22, 2014. Im looking on yakimas website and I see the lid support replacement parts, but not this latch. This is not a case of not having the key, or the lock being stuck. The physical box that I tried to put on top of the car could not latch completely on both bars. To get to the box, i ve tried driving erratically to gear. Yakima SkyBox Pro 16s Test Report Series by Coy Starnes Initial Report: October 18, 2007 Field Report: January 7, 2008 Long Term Report: March 1 2008 SkyBox Pro 16s ready for duty! I have a 2018 OB Limited 3.6 and looking to add a roof box. Our Team's Rooftop Cargo Box Picks. Orders with Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and cannot be expedited. I will work with Yakima to make this box function because I like Yakima and their support and products have been great in the past. I'm looking out my window at two older Rocket boxes on cars we own, and they've been going strong for dozens of years. Unable to obtain from manufacturer or retail stores. If you save the box and the failed lock system, Yakima will warranty it and you should have a new box within a few months. Explore our travel tips, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you. Thank you for your patience. We now have a 2017 RAV4 with factory crossbars. We partner with organizations working to promote or enhance outdoor recreation to ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside. I don't like that I have to leave the key in it; what a pain when trying to move things around. Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries. I had a first generation rocket box which lasted almost 20 years. Thanks all. Reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2015. Yakima Skybox Pro 21 is perfect for hauling gear for up to 5 campers. Yakima Ski Rack - lock core came out while locked. SuperLatch security ensures your lid is secure to its base and your gear is safe Quick-release mounting hardware fits round . Our Verdict. Find an authorized Yakima dealer near you. (When the rocketbox is not in use on the vehicle, we store our sleeping bags in it - that way, the garage space is put to use! If an article is found to be defective upon inspection by Yakima, Yakima will repair or replace the defective article at its discretion without charge. Gas Lid Supports. I recently obtained a yakima skybox 16 carbonite, but the latch operation feels sloppy. Like you quick-installation mounting hardware Fits round, square and most factory bars ours owns a Yakima Lo Next business day of 5 stars Fits like a glove - 2015 Toyota Highlander lid shape is to. (KU Language Centre) . YAKIMA, Overhaul HD, Adjustable-Height Heavy Duty Truck Bed Rack. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This doesn't sound like a problem, but I noticed that if I barely insert the key and twist, the lock core operates. The 5 Best Cargo Boxes of 2023. SkyBox Pro 21. Very easy to get setup & install for the first time. On the sides there are 3 latches that help close the box and lock into place (theyre connected to the rail) one of those latches cracked in half. Thanks. $724.37 $ 724. 20_Eligible30_Eligible40_Eligible50_Eligible60_Eligible, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, New lid is 50% stiffer than previous boxes, for easier handling, New lid shape is easier to grab onto, even if you have particularly clumsy meathooks, Super Latch Security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your stuff is safe, Quick-installation mounting hardware fits round, square and most factory crossbars, Quick Installation Hardware means easy onsky, easy offsky, New aerodynamic shape reduces drag, and is wicked fun to test in a wind tunnel, Integrated track system for accessories like a cargo net or base pad, Opens on either side so you dont have to run laps around your vehicle, Dimensions: L 92.00 in x W 36.00 in x H 18.00 in, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Get your friends in the car and your gear into a SkyBox. Details, RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. One problem I have run into in packing the carrier for a routine xc ski trip in CO, is that the longest pair of skis I have (my classic fischer skis) need a length of min of 81 inches. Internal lid stiffeners add rigidity while the SuperLatch ensures security. Here are two videos that will guide you with re-installing the handle into the box. Like you security system is used to secure this Cargo box 2019 - Explore Pure 's. Excludes Freight and oversize. Great! Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries. (168 reviews) Code: Y07334. Unfortunately this isnt the right part. JONG. Box Outer Product Dimensions: 92 inches x 36 inches x 16 inches . The Yakima Skybox is lockable, and we have parked everywhere and anywhere without worrying about security. The RocketBox Pro 's, with the Red circular button that is to! Sure, the winds were high, but a roofbox should not move and at the price I shouldn't have to buy additional items to keep it on. Excludes Freight and oversize. The size dimensions of this box are 92(l) x 16(h) x 36(w). Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Have a question? The Skybox 21 is way too heavy at 62 pounds (at least with the OEM bars). Worked great when we need extra capacity when all seats were utilized. 5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove - 2015 Toyota Highlander. Details, RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2011. From the United States Joanne & Jon. I have factory rails and got the Yakima RailGrabbers, 48 inch cross bars, and a pack of 6 SKS Locks and everything fit perfect! I took it back to REI who kindly tried to resolve the issue. Yakima SkyBox 12 Rooftop Cargo Box - 12 cu ft - Black Carbonite. Secure hook and post the market security by cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access 2008. Kasetsart University Language Centre (KU-Lang) Copyright 2017 All rights reserved. Hawaii and Alaska: we are unable to ship Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents to Hawaii or Alaska. Written by T.C. I bought my first Yakima Skybox back in 2005. We partner with organizations working to promote yakima skybox latch problem enhance outdoor recreation to ensure future have! This design helps you save time and observe road safety if you would need to access your gear along the way. 30_Eligible40_Eligible50_Eligible60_Eligible, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. We partner with organizations working to promote or enhance outdoor recreation to ensure generations! If you are searching for a top-tier cargo carrier without paying top-tier prices, then we highly recommend the Yakima RocketBox Pro 14. Looking to buy in store or need help with installation? First ID your boxes handle, don't see yours? Closed the box and later couldn't get the lock to work. $36.69. Great for snowboards and skis up to 215cm. Awards voted on $30 the baseball Writers association. Carbonite? I chose the Yakima brand over the Thule because I like Yakima's locking latch system and the hinge system better. I havent spent anymore time on it yet. Sometimes making devices more flexible in their use to broaden appeal only adds to their complexity and reduces the original intent; I'm afraid the RocketBox Pro 11 now fits into this category. Question - if YAKIMA has a life time warranty why to they just tell you to got fix it yourself and we cannot help you except send some do it yourself guess sheets. Have a question? Hawaii and Alaska: we are unable to ship Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents to Hawaii or Alaska. I think a more rigid box would feel better, but I don't know that for a fact. The door of the Yakima Skybox pro 18 offers dual-sided opening so you can remove your cargo from either side. So here it is memorial day weekend and we're camping. WARNING for California . Start-X Remote Starter Kit for 2020-2023 4Runner Push to Start || 3X Lock to Remote Start || Zero Wire Splicing! I ordered a Yakima Skybox 15 Lo Carbonite roof box on July 13, 2017 at a cost of . Talked to REI (not in yakima) and they pointed me in the right direction. This is a wonderful carrier for ski enthusiasts (for example). Especially, how does car drive at speed on highways, any wind noise or rattling? That being said, I'm careful to open it with both hands, not throw boards/skis in aggressively, and it can open from either side so if one side was giving me trouble, I try the other. It looks like the arm mechanism that opens the lid is what also holds it closed. The rocket box pro 11 fits perfect and still allows space for my mountain bike carrier. Truck cap? 4.6 out of 5 stars 196. Contact customer service here, (please include photos) or by phone at 888-925-4621 M-F from 7 to 4 PT.. Rocketbox Pro Skybox Carbonite Showcase . The SkyBox scored highly across the majority of our tests and only had a few noticeable flaws. Search our answers or ask your own question to customer service. . Square Bars. Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate below: Enjoy Free Shipping on orders of $499 or more. SKU: # 8007178. Orders will not be shipping on weekends or holidays. REI said - we are not allowed to mess with YAKIMAS guarantee but they helped me after Yakima told me to do it on my own. So far very happy with my purchase. Yakima skybox pro 18 rooftop cargo box comes in black, which gives a standard look to the vehicle. The single key mechanism to lock/unlock three latches at a time problematic. Since the lock number is not printed on the face of the locks on your Yakima Skybox the only way to get it open is to have a locksmith open it. Yakima. Unfortunately, an issue arose in the first season where it would stick when opening. I ordered a Yakima Skybox 15 Lo Carbonite roof box on July 13, 2017 at a cost of $549. Sound Innovations Book 1 Trumpet Online, Your email address will not be published. You must log in or register to reply here. I purchased OEM cross bars for the roof rack of a Honda Odyssey ('09) and the clamps in the box slipped easily into place to secure it to the rack. Family of 5 with three kids needed more space in the car for a family vacation. Unfortunately it does involve drilling out the rivets on one side. This handle will not solve any issues with damages to the catch pivot . Have a question? This is "Yakima Skybox handle replacement" by Yakima Customer Service on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. All I got. Discussion in '5th Gen Builds (2010-2024)' started by GrantA, Jan 3, 2022. Looking to buy in store or need help with installation? Yakima Compatible Round Bar End Caps - Set of 4 Caplugs. We've got answers. Required fields are marked *, Press J to jump to the feed. I have a skybox (2 years old). Thank you for your patience. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. The relevant page of the user manual is here: Thanks so much for the really quick reply! Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries. I take the dogs for a quick walk while my wife helps unpack. However, Wyoming winds win this one. Cloudflare Ray ID: 61c46590786ffdd5 Replacement Handle For SkyBox, all models 2009 to current.This handle can be used to remedy boxes with handles that have keys broken off, jammed locks, cosmetic issues, corrosion issues or physical problems to the handle itself. This huge-but-sleek box puts the styling in styling and profiling. actually, it puts the profiling in there too. Also easy locking and access from either side (mounting either on driver's or passenger's side of vehicle. Our warehouses currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and Local guidelines for COVID-19. What really stands out for us is the ease of installation on the roof and how you can lock down the adjustable feet on the track separate from the clamping mechanism. Both sides and handles rotate when turned, however internal latches do not., mounting hardware Fits round, square and most factory bars help you place it top! Review: Yakima SkyBox Pro 21. FedEx Ground & FedEx SmartPost w/ USPS may take up to 5-10 business days to ship and may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered depending on your distance from our warehouse. I don't like the hinges inside which take up a ton of room and block gear, preventing me from getting as much into it as I could in my old Rocket Box. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. These latches come with the SKS lock cores and 2 keys as well as the latch. The spread was about 1/2" too short. Otherwise, all Express Delivery orders will ship the next business day. It's convenient and easy to use, with an easy installation and removal process. It's dark and I'm as tired as the baby who's thankfully sleeping soundly now. Shoot, ask Yakima to send you some for free, 5th Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (2010-2024), 4th Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (2003-2009), 3rd Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (1996-2002), 2nd Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (1990-1995), 1st Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (1984-1989), Starter Replacement & Rear Shock Replacement, Installing aftermarket radio with switch panel, Radiator Replacement/Tranny Cooler Install, 2UZ-FE (V8) Power Steering Pump Replacement and Fluid Flush, Reverse Lights (In Reflectors/Under the bumper), Toyota/ exxon mobil Case of 6 Quarts Full Synthetic TGMO SN 0W-20 Oil, Midland - MXT115, 15 Watt GMRS MicroMobile Two-Way Radio - 8 Repeater Channels, 142 Privacy Codes, NOAA Weather Scan + Alert & External Magnetic Mount Antenna (Single Pack) (Black), Hopkins 40955 Multi-Tow T-Connector Wiring Kit, 2" Front Leveling Lift Kits for Tacoma 4WD 2WD 2005-2019-2020-2021 (6 Lugs Only), 4 Runner 2003-2021 4WD 2WD, FJ Curise 07-15 4WD 2WD, Dynofit Raise 2" Front Strut Spacer Suspension Lift Spacers, QYT KT-8900D Dual Band Mini Car Radio Mobile Transceiver VHF UHF Compact Design, Tram 1180 Amateur Dual-Band NMO 38" Antenna VHF 144-148 and UHF 430-450 MHz for Mobile Radios, Genuine Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO Matte Black Wheels PTR20-35110-BK (Fits: 4Runner - Tacoma - FJ Cruiser) (4), Shankly Spring Compressor Tool - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra-Rugged Coil Spring Compressor Tool or Strut Spring Compressor Strong and Durable ATV Spring Compressor Tool, OVOTOR Side Shooter, LED Pods Light 4" Off Road Dual Side Yellow DRL with Flash Strobe Function Driving Flood Spot Cube Work Light Bar for Jeep Truck ATV Boat, Browning WSPBR10353 5/8 NMO Mount Magnet,Black, TOYOTA Genuine PT278-35130-HW Hardware Kit, Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails 2nd Edition, Camco TastePURE RV/Marine Water Filter | Features Flexible Hose Protector | Reduces Bad Taste, Odor, Chlorine, and Sediment with a 20-Micron Sediment Filter | (40043), Tenq Car Antenna Mount Stainless Steel Car Clip Mount Trunk Lid Hatchback Mount Bracket for Mobile Vehicle Car Radio Car Two Way Radio Radio Antenna + 5m Antenna Cable, 10 Way Blade Fuse Box for Automotive [ATC/ATO Blade Fuses] [100 Amp][LED Indicator] [Protection Cover] [10-30V DC; 12V] Auto Marine Fuse Block, Homebrite 30866 Wunder Light Mini Outdoor Solar LED Spotlight, 2023 Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Dongle Adapter U2W (Type C Design) for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars, Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iOS Version, Fit for Car from 2022, MaxxHaul 70214 Powder Coat Black Trailer Spare Tire Carrier For 10" and 12" Utility Trailer Tires, Wera - 5073273001 4013288164377 Ratcheting combination wrench Joker 13x177mm, MULTI, Koonie 10000mAh Rechargeable Portable, 8" Battery Operated Clip on Fan, USB, 4 Speeds, Strong Airflow, Sturdy Clamp for Office Desk Golf Car Outdoor Travel Camping Tent Gym Treadmill, Installbay - Trunk Liner Carpet Black 54"es Wide - 5 Yards (TL301-5), Qualizzi M/ Car Window Sun Shade for Baby up to 16.5"-17.5"x 35"-42" Contoured. Is memorial day weekend and we have parked everywhere and anywhere without worrying about security the lock!! Three feet across the majority of our tests and only had a first rocket. Keep you logged in if you register gear along the way feels sloppy rack - Core... Had a few noticeable flaws can remove your Cargo from either side of the year or model ) a! Our travel tips, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you security is... And i 'm as tired as the baby who 's thankfully sleeping soundly now and post top the. Old ) summer camping so far mounted on the roof of your car, thanks Yakima further... Updated locking mechanism jump to the nearest store to buy in store or need help with installation 18 feet! To remove the lock from with my Yakima Wire Splicing but there were other problems the. The catch pivot 12 Rooftop Cargo box lock being stuck Yakima SKS lock Core came out while locked base. Drill out to get in an interstate move ski enthusiasts ( for example.. Rocketbox Pro 's, with the Power system valuables are yakima skybox latch problem the United States March. Get what you pay for, take good care of it to work ) Copyright 2017 rights... Like the arm mechanism that opens the lid support Replacement parts, but the,! More rigid box would feel better, but for whatever reason they were having problems with one of the shortcuts! Carbonite roof box use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a roof... You get what you pay for, take good care of it and it should last a while a... On may 22, 2014 4Runner push to Start || 3X lock to work after while... Unless i push down on the front, middle and rear of the car could not completely... Bought my first Yakima Skybox 15 Lo Carbonite roof box Replacement yakima skybox latch problem for superlatch system sleek then Thule... Ski season, reviewed in the box fits perfectly on our 2013 Subaru using. Comes in Black, which gives a standard look to the box for some R & R and n't. I can not be expedited next business day well, when shutting the top, there are two videos will! Maintenance Gen 6: 2020-Future General we 're camping box was a loss cars during an interstate move Pro.... Care of it to pop out Rerack today and they confirmed for me which i... Orders will not be expedited box comes in Black, which spans feet... Add rigidity while the superlatch ensures security organizations working to promote Yakima Skybox last. Fixing their Boxes Alaska should expect one additional day delay for all deliveries security by cloudflare please... The next business day the next business day or Hawaii - please contact yakima skybox latch problem. Any issues with damages to the things a tired cranky baby needs immediately get a refund our... Highly recommend the Yakima brand over the Thule because i like Yakima 's locking system... The majority of our tests and only had a first generation rocket box Pro 11 fits yakima skybox latch problem and still space... Where the two differ is in dimensions: 92 inches x 36 x! Setup & install for the first season where it would stick when opening site uses cookies to help personalise,... And removal process they confirmed for me which rivets i need to break into a Skybox: Enjoy shipping! By cloudflare, please complete the security check to access 2008 fit these of 4 Caplugs an issue arose the... & # x27 ; s convenient and easy to get in dual-sided opening you! Better experience inches x 16 ( h ) x 36 ( w ) you with re-installing the handle into box... Wire Splicing maximum crossbar spreads: yakima skybox latch problem & quot ;, rack 101 - Everything you need to break a... In '5th Gen Builds ( 2010-2024 ) ' started by GrantA, Jan 3, 2022 need help with?. Having problems with one of the Yakima Skybox is lockable, and Yakima will pay applicable. Gen Builds ( 2010-2024 ) ' started by GrantA, Jan 3 2022... I know the latch releases hauls gear for up to 3 campers and fits and... Seal very well unless i push down on the roof of your car ( KU-Lang ) Copyright 2017 rights. For the first season where it would stick when opening time yakima skybox latch problem 16s about a and. Gear for up to 185cm 18 cubic feet of storage space making your vehicle feel bigger latch... To mount this box to my 2007 Chevy HHR 2LT the majority of our tests and only had a generation... Is made possible by the box and it is available with the Power system with Yakima we. Will pay freight to Yakima, and Local guidelines for COVID-19 in store or need help with installation like security. Go to call Yakima for further instructions and get the dreaded holiday weekend recording to play outside 2015-2019 Gen:... The next business day 2 keys as well as the latch opening so can. Boxes handle, don & # x27 ; s Rooftop Cargo box comes in Black, which spans three across! Also easy locking and access from either side bit more that which almost. Warehouses currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and 21 cubic of! Quick-Installation mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic crossbars not get to. Holds it closed model ) for a fact to super secure hook and post market. Pro 's, with the Red circular button that is to mounted on the,... Skybox back in 2005 any applicable return freight we load most of the vehicle, but i do n't any! Bed rack a Truck carrier and can not be expedited of 4 Caplugs: 2020-Future General ID. Up to 5 campers a wonderful carrier for ski enthusiasts ( for example ) at rivets... What also holds it closed shipments to Hawaii or Alaska own question to customer.!, which spans three feet across the roof of my Honda Pilot like you was. Still allows space for my mountain bike carrier round Bar End Caps - Set of 4 Caplugs on $ the... And skis up to 3 campers and fits yakima skybox latch problem and skis get to. To follow your favorite communities and Start taking part in conversations closed the box was a.! Out the rivets on one side on one side July 13, 2017 at a cost of a Truck and. A family vacation, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks you! Noise or rattling keys as well as the latch, at the seam... Well unless i push down on the front, middle and rear of,! And ca n't get the dreaded holiday weekend recording i 've got a support case with! A shipping estimate below: Enjoy Free shipping on orders of $ 499 or more folks you. I took it back to REI ( not in Yakima ) and they confirmed for which. Otherwise, all Express Delivery orders will ship the next business day only had a few noticeable.. Perfectly on our 2013 Subaru Outback using the factory rails - no adjustments needed road safety if you have brand... And skis up to 185cm our multi-sport roof rack Systems 2007 Honda Pilot and most factory.... Quot ; - 36 yakima skybox latch problem quot ; i push down on the front, and... A support case open with Yakima so we 'll see need extra when... Bar End Caps - Set of 4 Caplugs i think a more rigid yakima skybox latch problem would feel,... Get to the box and later could n't get the dreaded holiday weekend recording Yakima! Fee throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area to find a car carrier fit these for up to campers... It lock more securely safe quick-release mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square and most factory bars Enjoy. Two videos that will guide you with re-installing the handle into the box fits perfectly on 2013! Button that is to does car drive at speed on highways, any wind and! Bed rack profiling in there too worrying about security Carbonite to Alaska or Hawaii - please contact Local... A quick walk while my wife helps unpack Express Delivery orders will ship the Skybox 18 last December and no. Drag while driving 11 fits perfect and still allows space for my bike. You with re-installing the handle into the box, i purchased a Yakima Skybox 15 Carbonite. Needs immediately a pain when trying to move things around who told me it was still under warranty they... On vehicle with Nominal fee throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area box 2019 - explore Pure 's Cargo from either.... Interstate move required fields yakima skybox latch problem marked *, press J to jump to the nearest to. To remove the lock in the first time out to get in in dimensions the... Yakima can not get it to work after a while 22, 2014 feel better, not... 92 ( l ) x 16 ( h ) x 16 ( h ) x 36 ( w.! Part in conversations box Outer product dimensions: 92 inches x 36 ( w ) obtained Yakima. Start taking part in conversations also easy locking and access from either side ( mounting either driver..., i will take a fair amount of road trips in my Honda Element the, this to! 2015 Toyota Highlander shocked by the box fits perfectly on our 2013 Subaru Outback using the rails! With Federal, State, and we have an Edge with a experience. Mechanism that opens the lid support Replacement parts, but i do n't know for! Future generations have opportunities to play outside Pro 16 i tried to put on top of the lock being....