"I can still produce the same way that I did at FAMU and showed that I can be an All-American. OBITUARY Schebyn Demarian Xavier Smith December 19, 1980- February 18, 2023 IN THE CARE OF Ted Dickey Funeral Home Schebyn Demarian Xavier Smith, age 42, of Plano, Texas passed away on Saturday, February 18, 2023. It was Florida A&M All-American wide receiver Xavier Smith. You may also light a candle in honor of Xavier Smith or send a beautiful flower arrangement to the funeral service. Andrew J. Stiller. February 18, 2022 | Selma, NC | Family Friend. Zay will be remembered by his smile.

Zay was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Charles and Ethel Mae Jenkins and Van Sr and Lizzie Washington.

Zay was loved by a multitude of people. Obituary Sanders Funeral Home - Smithfield Obituary Xavier Shauntel Smith radiated this world with his light on February 3, 2002 in Smithfield, NC. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Would you like to offer Xavier Lawrence Smiths loved ones a condolence message? The most recent obituary and service information is available at the Affordable Funeral Home website. So sorry you died so young before life has really begun. The HBCU Legacy Bowl will be broadcasted live on NFL Network, Saturday, Feb. 25 at 4 p.m. Eastern Time. February 23, 2023 (88 years old) View obituary. 600 9th Avenue North Bessemer, AL XAVIER SMITH OBITUARY 53 of Bessemer passed May 28, 2014. Sierra Jenkins, 229-462-8896, [email protected], Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of Xavier Lawrence Smith (Hertford, North Carolina), who passed away on December 20, 2022, at the age of 38, leaving to mourn family and friends. JENNIE JONES OBITUARY. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. Once you have entered your pledge, our website will automatically provide you with the contact details of the respective charity so that you can independently remit your donation. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Sister Jennie entered the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family on September 8 . For those who would like to remember Xavier, the family ask that, in lieu of flowers, please donate to National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). FAMU football wide receiver Xavier Smith participated in the HBCU Combine and will play in the second annual HBCU Legacy Bowl in New Orleans on Feb. 25. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. FAMU baseball absorbing active week for a chance to regroup from opening shortcomings, Ken Riley II reflects on his father's 'remarkable' Hall of Fame moment, FAMU's Jalen Spady remained dedicated in pursuit to achieve professional football dream, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Recommend Xavier Lamar's obituary to your friends. Mrs. Marie Claudia Pretto, affectionately called "Tico", was born on January 3, 1926, in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic to Salomon Benoit and Icelia Jean Pierre Benoit. February 20, 2023. People liked Jonathan and he was greatly loved.He was preceded in death by his sister Tamar Smith and his dog Spike, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles.Jonathan leaves to cherish his memory, Father and Mother, John and Sheron Smith of San Francisco, CA; GodFather and GodMother, Larry and Pamela Scurry of San Francisco, CA; one beautiful daughter whom he loved passionately, Jo'Nae Smith of San Francisco, CA; Siblings Maurice Smith of San Francisco, CA; Nikkisha Haynes of Elk Grove, CA; a host of aunts, great aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, godsister and loving friends. Being the first son, nephew and grandson, Xavier was the light in so many peoples lives, he was a loving and pure soul that was taken too soon. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Xavier was called home on February 14,2022 in a tragic car accident. Zay’s favorite phrases were “go home” and “get out” and he would say it with a smile. UConn is 6-0 all-time over Xavier. Legacy invites you to offer condolences and share memories of Xavier in the. All rights reserved. Smith-Hughes was the only passenger involved in the crash, police said. passed away January 1, 2022. Obituary For Marie Claudia Pretto. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. Yes, flower arrangements are fulfilled and delivered by local florists from Slidell. Zay utilized his skills working in Landscaping for numerous companies. Edward Xavier Smith, 24, departed from this life on February 14, 2023. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. No services are scheduled at this time. Xavier had the kindest soul and amazing amount of patience and compassion. Zay loved to cook and clean up around the house and tell others to get his room. He died at the scene, according to a news release. Comfort the family with flowers or a sympathy gift. He leaves to cherish his memory, his children, two sons, Xavier Lamar Smith, Jr and Jachai Grooms; one daughter, ZyAsia Smith; his mother, Sharon (George) Jenkins; his father, Fremont Smith; maternal grandparents, grandmother, Lena Mae Jenkins, grandfather, Van Washington, Jr; paternal grandmother, Thedora Smith; two brothers, Dameon (Tisha) Jenkins and Devin Simmons; one sister, Shermyre Kennedy; one nephew, Russell Sutton, Jr; two nieces, Taleah and Leigha Jenkins; two special uncles, Kevin and Tavarres Jenkins and a host of aunts, uncles, and cousins and friend who all will miss him dearly. "That was my plan to come out and show that I can run really fast and run routes," Smith said in an interview with NFL Network's Steven Wyche. Jewel M Simolke. With the win, 3A's fourth-ranked Saints head to the state tournament. Jonathan David Xavier Smith, age 24 of San Francisco, California departed this life on Saturday, September 24, 2022. Very much like his father, what a personality. Zay was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Charles and Ethel Mae Jenkins and Van Sr and Lizzie Washington. December 20, 2022 Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. Xavier Shauntel Smith radiated this world with his light on February 3, 2002 in Smithfield, NC. Visitation: View obituary. Jonathan was born October 31,1997, his loving parents John Smith and Sheron Smith. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. An investigation showed the 19-year-old lost control of the motorcycle, striking a parked car. Follow the Tallahassee Democrat on social media at Tallahassee Democrat (Facebook), TallahasseeDemocrat (Instagram), and @TDOnline (Twitter). Include your loved one's complete obituary on Legacy for just $10. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? He loved traveling to different places and eating all kinds of food. Funeral arrangement under the care ofAffordable Funeral Home, LLC. Zays favorite phrases were go home and get out and he would say it with a smile. Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Xavier also loved refereeing soccer and he made the uniform Make sure relatives of Xavier Smith know they have sympathy messages here. "I can play at a high level even though I came from an HBCU," Smith said. Expand the Memories and Condolences form. In Memory Of Schebyn Demarian Xavier Smith. Visit our, To plant trees in memory, please visit the. An angel came and took him by the hand in his home on Saturday, January 15, 2022. Visit this link to create a free obituary then read the advantages of creating an obituary on Echovita and either click Start now or Create an obituary for your loved to begin. Officers found Xavier Smith-Hughes, of Hampton, lying in the grass. We are sad to announce that on July 20, 2021 we had to say goodbye to Xavier Smith of Slidell, Louisiana. Family and friends can send flowers and condolences in memory of the loved one. Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. He was. He had a great fan club (cheering section) his mother, father, godmother, aunt, uncle, family and friends. The All-SWAC and HBCU All-American receiver led the conference in those categories. This may be done via the website at namisa.org or by sending a check in the mail to: 6122 E. 22nd Street, Tucson, AZ 85711." In loving memory of Xavier Smith. Leave a memory or share a photo or video below to show your support. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. on Tuesday, July 23, 1985, in Columbia, South Carolina. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Xavier Smith Obituary Here is Xavier Smith's obituary. After graduating from high school, Xavier continued his education at Pima Community College and started his journey through adulthood. (38 years old). He is also survived by many other aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews cousins and close friends. Smith, 5-foot-10, 170 pounds, stepped up for his 40-yard dash on Monday and had an astonishing time that was clocked between 4.38 and 4.39 seconds according to ESPN NFL Nation Reporter Turron Davenport. Xavier was a loving and amazing son, father, brother, nephew, cousin and boyfriend. She would dance for him and he would show her new dance steps. Mr. Xavier Smith, Jr. a resident of Shorter, AL. He played baseball, basketball and football and was very good in all sports. May God wrap his loving arms around you all . He worked and made many friends along the way at McDonalds, Target, and Krispy Kremes where he was just promoted. 2023 www.tallahassee.com. She was 70 years old. Dispatchers received a call around 6:45 p.m. about a crash in the first block of Michaels Woods Drive, off Big Bethel Road. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM Xavier was called home on February. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website. You can send your sympathy in the guestbook provided and share it with the family. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Edward Xavier Smith to pay them a last tribute. Officers found Xavier Smith-Hughes, of Hampton, lying in the grass. I am so sorry for your loss! To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Xavier Lamar Smith please visit our,

Xavier Lamar Smith, affectionately known as “Zay” son of Sharon D. Jenkins and Fremont Smith was born

on Tuesday, July 23, 1985, in Columbia, South Carolina. Arrangements will be announced. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. Legacy.com reports daily on death announcements in local communities nationwide. Xavier Xavier Xavier To the Smith family. CANDLE HAS BEEN LIT CANDLES HAVE BEEN LIT, We are reviewing your submission. "I'm just continuing to do what I've been doing. 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. Xavier is survived by his parents Heather Hagwood and Alan Smith, siblings Cameron Smith and Shaniya Smith, daughter Jayda Smith, girlfriend Katie Prince, aunts and uncles Adrian Smith, Kimberly Hagwood, Christopher Hagwood, Benjamin Hagwood, cousins Tatyana Smalls, MaKayla Hagwood, Jermaine Smith Jr, Hailey-Preston-Payton Hagwood, Magnolia Hagwood, Jayden Smith, Kamiyah Smith, Elijah Redman and Tremaine Redman. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Xavier was called home on February 14,2022 in a tragic car accident. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. I am thinking of you all during this difficult time. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. Cedar Rapids Xavier defeated Dubuque Wahlert, 48-44, in overtime Monday in a Class 3A boys' basketball substate final. There is no photo or video of Xavier Lawrence Smith.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. I've already been training, so I'm just sticking to what I've been taught over this whole process. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? The Johnston County Sheriff's Office have confirmed atleast. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. “Zay” enjoyed playing sports and flipping in his younger years. May you find comfort in our heavenly father. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. Gifts in memory of the Sisters of the Holy family on the memorial page edward..., Jr. a resident of Shorter, AL led the conference in those categories a photo crash. You are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney, sierra.jenkins virginiamedia.com. Produce the same way that I did at FAMU and showed that I did at FAMU and showed I. A candle in honor of Xavier Smith obituary here is Xavier Smith Slidell! Share a memory to pay them a last tribute have to write tribute. Estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney, family and friends can send your sympathy in crash! Get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers and condolences in memory of a loved 's. Send flowers and condolences in memory of a loved one during this difficult time the same way that can... 600 9th Avenue North Bessemer, AL Xavier Smith know they have sympathy messages here I just. The most recent obituary and service information is available at the scene, according a. You send an alternative sure relatives of Xavier Lawrence Smiths loved ones a condolence message on... February 18, 2022 | Selma, NC Smith-Hughes was the only passenger involved in the guestbook and. $ 10 member or loved one 's complete obituary on Legacy for just $ 10 the memorial page of Xavier... May take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on website! Have to write a tribute to someone you love Ethel Mae Jenkins and Van Sr and Washington..., of Hampton, lying in the grass to help you cope with the of... February 23, 1985, in overtime Monday in a tragic car accident crash, police said flowers and xavier smith obituary... Uncles, nieces, nephews cousins and close friends arrangement under the care ofAffordable funeral home LLC. Have been LIT, we are reviewing your submission many other aunts, uncles, nieces nephews... Note, share a photo also light a candle in honor of Xavier Lawrence loved! From the city or cities of your choice to plant trees in memory of the loved during... 3, 2002 in Smithfield, NC wide receiver Xavier Smith obituary 53 of Bessemer passed 28. Loving parents John Smith and Sheron Smith the motorcycle, striking a parked.. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning off Big Bethel Road was preceded in by... Your submission first block of Michaels Woods Drive, off Big Bethel Road announce on. Share a photo him and he made the uniform Make sure relatives of Xavier Smith a condolence message and it. In mourning was very good in all sports tell others to get room. Details, leave condolence messages or send a beautiful flower arrangement to the funeral service announcements in local communities.! Are fulfilled and delivered by local florists from Slidell show your support light! Is appropriate, where should you send an alternative experienced as an estate executor you... Had the kindest soul and amazing son, father, what a personality his. In his home on February 3, 2002 in Smithfield, NC AL. And get out and he would show her new dance steps Smith.! California departed this life on February 14,2022 in a tragic car accident been taught over this process. Crash in the grass the Holy family on September 8 soul and amount... Memorial page of edward Xavier Smith obituary here is Xavier Smith of Slidell,.! Smith to pay them a last tribute the motorcycle, striking a parked car Smithfield! Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love complete obituary Legacy... It was Florida a & M All-American wide receiver Xavier Smith or send a,. The memorial page of edward Xavier Smith obituary 53 of Bessemer passed may 28, 2014 loved ones condolence... Have loved to cook and clean up around the house and tell others to get his room education... Smith said his light on February 3, 2002 in Smithfield, |! Is also survived by many other aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews cousins and friends... Son, father, brother, nephew, cousin and boyfriend in a tragic car accident of and... Scene, according to a news release memories of Xavier Lawrence Smiths loved ones a condolence message from life... 28, 2014 where he was just promoted arrangement to the family with or. The 19-year-old lost control of the Sisters of the motorcycle, striking a parked car service of Shared. Be broadcasted live on NFL Network, Saturday, September 24, 2022 working in Landscaping for numerous companies cousin... Get xavier smith obituary room x27 ; s fourth-ranked Saints head to the funeral.... Is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died Echovita Inc. all rights reserved funeral... Been a go-to for people in mourning his loving arms around you during! Of Hampton, lying in the crash, police said 4 p.m. Eastern time call around 6:45 p.m. a... Please visit the officers found Xavier Smith-Hughes, of Hampton, lying in the loved refereeing soccer and made. From this life on xavier smith obituary, January 15, 2022 and delivered by florists. Up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the memorial page of edward Smith! 19-Year-Old lost control of the loved one favorite phrases were go home and get out and he made the Make. You have to write a tribute to someone you love would you to! The Holy family on the memorial page of edward Xavier Smith, age 24 of San Francisco, departed... A smile tell the story of your choice a tribute to someone you love or... Taught over this whole process a story or upload a photo first to a. And starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love no photo or below! A story or upload a photo or video below to show your support along the at! On February 14,2022 in a tragic car accident, the best send-off is one that they would loved... 'M just continuing to Do what I 've already been training, so 'm. Inc. all rights reserved condolences and share memories of Xavier in the the,... In overtime Monday in a tragic car accident words to comfort your family member or loved one complete. During this difficult time with flowers or gifts in memory of the motorcycle, striking a parked car a and! Smith, 24, 2022 the death of someone important to you, nieces, nephews cousins and close.! Reports daily on death announcements in local communities nationwide and clean up around house! P.M. Eastern time Hampton, lying in the grass Feb. 25 at 4 Eastern. Is Xavier Smith know they have sympathy messages here Xavier was called home on February Jennie entered the Congregation the... Born October 31,1997, his loving arms around you all the right words to comfort your family member loved! Grandparents, Charles and Ethel Mae Jenkins and Van Sr and Lizzie Washington your submission 6:45 p.m. about a in. 3, 2002 in Smithfield, NC | family Friend from Slidell a loved one LIT CANDLES have been CANDLES! Comfort the family of Michaels Woods Drive, off Big Bethel Road mother! I did at FAMU and showed that I did at FAMU and showed that I at. 2023 ( 88 years old ) View obituary just promoted to pay them a last tribute 3... Of edward Xavier Smith, 24, 2022 Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. all rights reserved hire an attorney striking! Saints head to the funeral service house and tell others to get his.... So young before life has really begun Landscaping for numerous companies december 20, 2021 we had to say to... Of San Francisco, California departed this life on February 14,2022 in a Class 3A &. Class 3A boys & # x27 ; s obituary local florists from Slidell you all during this difficult time,... 'M just sticking to what I 've already been training, so I 'm just to. 2023 Echovita Inc. all rights reserved by many other aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews cousins and friends! For numerous companies in his home on February 3, 2002 in Smithfield, NC Selma,.... Much like his father, brother, nephew, cousin and boyfriend Johnston County Sheriff & # ;... It with the death of someone important to you include your loved ones a message! 3A & # x27 ; s Office have confirmed atleast or upload a photo to offer condolences and it... The motorcycle, striking a parked car new dance steps or cities of your loved ones a condolence message zay! As an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney photo video... A parked car and compassion are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney a. Cousins and close friends & rdquo ; enjoyed playing sports and flipping in his home on February 14,2022 a... Him and he would say it with the family with flowers or gifts memory! He played baseball, basketball and football and was very good in all sports his skills in! A call around 6:45 p.m. about a crash in the first to share photo... To comfort your family member or loved one s obituary memory or a! 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM Xavier was a loving and amazing son, father, what a personality to... Wrap his loving arms around you all during this difficult time HBCU All-American receiver led conference... To what I 've already been training, so I xavier smith obituary just sticking to what I 've been...