In the terms stated in her will, the estate was left to her daughter, Bobbi Kristina. She was famous. With Whitney's ex-husband Bobby Brown being blamed for her drug addiction for years, he admitted to Oprah that he felt that he was the one to introduce her to the drugs that would lead to her death. Dont Miss A Story. She was in her 20s when she allegedly abused her much-younger cousins. Please check your information before posting stuff. . When she was on tour, Cissy left Whitney, Gary, and their brother Michael for extended periods of time with relatives. The rest of the money was left to Houston's only heir, Bobbi Kristina Brown. Cissy Houston and Dee Dee's sister, Dionne Warwick released a statement expressing the "difficulty" they had in believing Gary Houston's comments. At the same time, his own daughter, who was on drugs, he didnt do anything about it. . media-tech companies with hubs around the world. . The will then stated that she was supposed to get more ofthe estate at the age of 25 and the rest at the age of 30. May 17, 2018, 08:24 AM EDT. Ron Galella/Ron Galella Collection/Getty Images Whitney Houston, left, performs with her mother, Cissy, and her half-brother, Gary Garland-Houston, on January . By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Attention immediately turned to Gordon after Brown was discovered unresponsive and her father, singer Bobby Brown, was outspoken in his belief that her daughters boyfriend was somehow responsible. Any concert plans? Whitney was found dead in a bathtub of a hotel. pic.twitter.com/p06SC8sr2U, #NoFilterNeeded this is for you baby, @nickdgordon iloveyou pic.twitter.com/lxoMUkYQUv. After Whitney Houstons' sudden passing in 2012, here's who inherited her estate. White residue found in Whitney Houston's hotel (1:15) In the interview, Whitney's brother Michael confessed that he feels responsible for his sister's death. Thread starter lva3461. With such a tragic ending to both her and her daughter's lives, Pat knows how important it is that fans see Whitney for all the good she did, and not just her unfortunate passing. We've seen her ex-hubby, Bobby Brown, painfully discuss it publicly. According to the director, Houstons father, John, who died in 2003, just wanted to get as much money out of her as he could, in the shortest period of time.. Despite all, late. Whitney Houston was the highest-earning African-American woman before her death. By clicking Subscribe, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge our Privacy Policy. }); ", Wendy Williams Announces Shes Formerly Retired And Wants To Be A Guest On This Show. The bombshell is dropped about three-quarters of the way through Whitneythat both Houston and her half-brother, Gary, were allegedly molested as children by their cousin Dee Dee Warwick, the sister of Dionne Warwick and the niece of Houstons mother, Cissy Houston, who died in 2008. And I had to interview many more people, many more times than I ever have on anything else, in order to try and still get some bit of truth., The family ultimately opened up to Macdonald, in part, he thinks, because Houston destroyed her reputation before she died. Considering Whitney's success, the singer left behind quite the fortune, leaving fans to wonder who exactly it went to, and where they are today. By . Chloe Bailey coming to a state and city near you soon. . Whitney's half-brother and her former manager say that Houston told them about the molestation in private. Word spread like wildfire among Whitney's small entourage, including manager and sister-in-law Pat and Whitney's brother Gary.. After attempts to resuscitate her failed, Houston was pronounced . But in 2015, Brown died after months in a medically induced coma. ga('ads.send', { In one scene, Gary tells Macdonald that, when he was with Houston, they would do drugs every day. She was 22. }); pg.acq.push(function() { document.querySelector("#adunit").addEventListener('click',function(){ Updated on May 30, 2021, by Michael Chaar: Whitney Houston's sudden passing in 2012 left the world stunned. Joined Jan 3, 2011 Messages 91 Reactions 156 1 Alleybux 192,468 Feb 6, 2021 #4 John Russell Houston . With a lot of people around her, there was a sense of guilt, because they feel like, Maybe if wed been more strong with her at the time, maybe confront her drug issues primarily, maybe things wouldnt have gotten so bad, explained Macdonald. You had me thinking it was Gary or Michael. Jan. 29, 2013 12 AM PT. [Houston] only had, as far as Im aware, one proper homosexual relationship, with Robyn Crawford, which people know about. Gordon, a complete psychopath, who has beaten women and threatened to kill them, was also there the night Whitney was found dead ( Nick Gordon Found Liable In The Death Of Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina ). }); Whitney's other brother, Michael, remained true to his musical calling all along. Disclaimer : This is based on sources and we have been unable to verify this information independently. Michael B. Jordan Apologized To His Mother For Viral Underwear Ad. She seemed kind of asexual in a strange way. Professionally, he serves as a songwriter. Michael and Whitney shared a close bond as we can capture Michael mentioning his sister on numerous occasions and giving her credit and the impact she had on his life. Nevertheless, Robyn claimed that the toughest part was the secret-keeping of their relationship. And theres a sort of poppy frivolitythe way they were that allowed them to be accepted into the white mainstream worldto all three of them.. Its Weird, Lawmakers Reintroduce a Bill to Compensate Families of Black World War II Veterans. The claims were made in Whitney, Kevin McDonald's documentary feature about the singer, who died in 2012 following a history of drug use. . The latest movie news, trailers, reviews, and more. Whitney Houston Birthday and Date of Death. Looks like the famed talk show host is not done spilling tea just yet. whitney houston brother michael died. Her death was ruled as an accidental drowning. Favpartofmyday?#Cuddlingwithmylove, I love you :)(: #Popsicles IN hands & ALL! It makes me angry. Houston also made a point to bring her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, on all of her international tours, rather than leave her daughter at home. March 7, 2017. To revist this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. And at the center of the tragedy stood Gordon, who was viewed by many as a man who did more harm than good. Start date Feb 6, 2021; Forums. He also said he and Brown had done drugs together. The legendary singer died at the age of 48 on February 11, 2012. . Whitney was not his life, financial benefactor. The couple were together for over three decades and had two children together - Whitney and her brother Michael Houston. Celebrity Alley - Celebrity News and Gossip. However, what many don't know about Whitney, beyond the glitz and glamor, are her intrinsic family details. She mentioned one should be outstanding to break all those walls. Related:Why Werent The Grammys Canceled On The Day Whitney Houston Died? She is currently an entertainment news writer for TheThings.com where she contributes the latest news in pop culture. . }); The two girls created a close bond which resulted in their deep friendship. Michaels sister and his parent were close to each other at the beginning. But Bobbi caused controversy when she announced her engagement to Nick Gordon - a man she previously considered her big brother. We had money. She performed "Million Dollar Bill" on the following day's results show, completing the song even as a strap in the back of her dress popped open two seconds into the performance. However, Michael has also pointed out himself as partially responsible for the demise of his sister Whitney. Whitney Houston full name Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on 9 August 1963 in Newark, New Jersey, United States. People across the world paid their respects and artists such as Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Oprah Winfrey, and dozens more paid tribute to her.In the aftermath of her death, Houston's music re-entered the charts and her greatest hits album . Michael Houston, Whitney's brother, confessed that he not Bobby Brown introduced . Michael and Gary (who goes by Gary Garland) were integral parts of Whitney's life. They have gone through so much since we lost Whitney. BOBBY Brown's son, Bobby Brown Jr. has died aged 28 - five years after the singer lost his daughter Bobbi Kristina. Sadly, after Whitney signed Arista record deal, she told Robyn that their romance had to stop. Memphis, Tennessee (1937) Photographs by Alfred Eisenstaedt. During the interview, Michael confessed that he felt responsible for introducing his sister to drugs, despite the long-held belief that it was her ex husband, Whitney Houston was found dead hours before she was set to appear at the annual, Pat Houston currently serves as the executor of Whitneys estate, FBI Confirms White Supremacists Want to Weaponize Coronavirus Against Blacks, Storm Reid, Keith Powers Talk Staying Mentally Strong for Child Mind Institutes #WeThriveInside (Watch), That Aint the First Incident: FedEx Worker Who Filmed Viral Video of Racist Encounter Speaks Out, Janet Jacksons Overly Sexy Live Performances Slammed by Nephew. Gordon was staying with Whitney and Bobbi Kristina at the hotel in Los Angeles when the singer was found dead in the bathtub. Browns appearance on the familys 2012-13 reality show The Houstons: On Our Own also raised red flags, as she sometimes appeared to be slurring her words. For years, rumor had it that Bobby Brown had introduced Whitney Houston to drugs but Michael Houston, one of the singer's two older brothers, has . We were traveling on the road. Whitney Houston's older brother, Gary, sits down with Oprah to share how he's coping with the sudden death of his little sister. So we changed the whole cut at the very last minute. She died six months later at the age of 22. "It just happened," he told the host. And you think: why is that? I finally managed to persuade Mary Jones, who was Whitneys longtime assistant and probably knew her in her last years more than anybody, to talk [on-camera],Macdonald said. Trust me.. BW gets her hair LOC'd permanently so she would feel accepted in corporate america. The Black Community Has An Obsessed With LGBTQ. Autopsy report details room where Whitney Houston died, signs of singer's drug use, abuse. The racial home value gap is shrinking but remains wide. But who are they? The singer was worth $20 million at the time of her death, however, it was later revealed that she owed Sony music a whopping $20 million at the time. Ahhhh relaxing day with the LoveOfMyLifeOfcourse :) @nickdgordon we had a long day,?Hubby's #shleep! We are one of the worlds fastest growing When she was on tour, Cissy left Whitney, Gary, and their brother Michael for extended periods of time with relatives. hitType: 'event', 32 lva3461. After earning $40 million, the estate was able to pay Houston's $20 million debt. Above all, Whitney recalls the hassle of introducing the artist who was black to MTV. They talked about it all the time. I was a prince and then I became a pawn, somebody just to point the finger at, Gordon said. (Photo: Paul Natkin/Getty Images) Just 11 days after the fifth anniversary of Whitney Houston 's passing, her brother, Gary Houston, was allegedly captured on a video . Then, Gary opens up about how their mother, Cissy Houston, is doing after the death of her only daughter. Whitney was very religious, and her life was around the churchso when this happened, her life, her universe, exploded. In Joness emotional interview, she recalls a conversation she had with the late singer, during which Jones revealed that her sister had been molested as a child. Gordon failed to appear for two hearings in the civil case in Browns death, and her family won by default. WTLC Featured Video. On Saturday, January 9, 2021, John Russell Houston, III, age 77, of Silver Spring, Maryland passed away peacefully at home with family by his side. let gads_event; The loving son of John Russell Houston, Jr. and Elsie Marie Hamilton Chase, John was born on January 14, 1943 in Newark, New Jersey. Why can't we imagine moving past Capitalism-Dr Wolff, Im a Black Woman in America: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Blames Election Loss on Racism, Sexism, Shark Tank Reject The Lip Bar Becomes Targets Largest Black Owned Makeup Company, Chicagoans are shooting back and its not going to stop until leaders lead, Vermont Christian High School Girls Basketball Refuses to Face Team With Trans Player, Christina Aguilera has a higher net worth than her peers, Rihanna's Vogue Cover "Glamorizes" Being Dysfunctional. Lady Gaga + 9 Other Stars Inspired By Whitney Houston. The estate wouldnt become available until Bobbi Kristina turned 21. Where celebrities are concerned, I remember exactly where I was when I learned that Michael Jackson died in 2009 (eating at The Village Inn), what I was doing when I learned that Whitney Houston died in 2012 (heading to sleep), and where I was going when I learned that Prince died in 2016 (en route to visit a client accused of murder in Live . MacDonalds film examines the fraught relationship Whitney had with Cissy, a professional singer who realized early on how incredible her daughters talent was. "She was 22 years old when she passed," she added. Speaking to Oprah Winfrey in a tell-all interview, Michael said, "I feel responsible I let it go so far.". . And John sent that person off to rehabhe was very generous, gave them time off, and was really caring. Kodak Black Caught Having Sex in White Teacher Hits The Jerk as Students Go Wild Are AKAs Too Insecure? The real story, as I dug deeper, had to do with her family, and to do with race, I suppose, and her childhood.. [Houston] looked at me and said, Mary, I was molested at a young age too. The family of late music legend Whitney Houston has been shaken by a slew of tragedy and controversy in the wake of her 2012 passing. He could not . + More | PicsVideos. pic.twitter.com/AgsYCOn6Us. RHOP: The viewers are colorist, not the cast. During the interview, Michael confessed that he felt responsible for introducing his sister to drugs, despite the long-held belief that it was her ex husband Bobby Brown who turned her on to narcotics. She had nothing to do with it. Her brother Gary Garland also benefits from the estate, while his wife Pat is the executor in charge of finalizing the deals. Robyn says that she didnt know how long their relationship would last, but she enjoyed that moment. The Whitney E. Houston Legacy Foundation put on a gala on Tuesday where the late singer's brother Gary performed to honor his sister. Rookie. While the singers' last years were plagued with money issues, funds are now set to pour in as never before. . Whitney's ex-husband, and Bobbi's dad, Bobby Brown was listed as a beneficiary in the will prior to their divorce in 2007. Having worked around stars for decades, Cissy groomed her daughter extensively to become the legend she becameteaching her to be poised and graceful, how to control her vocal instrument, and sending her to a Catholic all-girls high school. Phil show, Gordon explained how he came to live alongside the singers then 14-year-old daughter. GIRL GONE WILD: Inside Madonna's incredibly hot dating life as singer suggests she's GAY, I was in denial: Noah Cyrus says she lost all hope during her drug addiction as she debuts long-awaited album. Michael Houston (brother from same parents) Michael is the only other child Cissy had with John Russell. Gordon said Houston and her daughter were lonely and hurting in the wake of the stars split with her then-husband, singer Bobby Brown. With all these legal disputes, the artist claimed that she still loves her dad, adding that they will not get $100 million out of her. Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage marked by allegations of infidelity, drug abuse and legal problems. Its been a battle ever since.. Rip to him. ga('ads.send', { Whitney Houston . Being Black And Living Abroad In Mexico: Stories from Expats Who Say They Found Peace In An Unexpected Place. You must log in or register to reply here. JOHN HOUSTON OBITUARY. April 5, 2012— -- The final details of pop icon Whitney Houston's Feb. 11 death provide a clearer picture of the scene where the star was found face down in a water-filled bathtub with drug . We had money. Two legendary pop icons from the 1980s are Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. eventAction: 'view' Whitney Houston died on February 11, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, where she was staying to attend Clive Davis's annual pre-Grammy party. },false) Thats what they did; they enjoyed it. And she said to me, The thing is, I loved her so much, but I still dont understand why what happened happened to her family. That was the key for me. Saved stories $ 40 million, the estate was left to Houston #. Houstons ' sudden passing in 2012, here 's who inherited her estate @... When this happened, her life, her universe, exploded enjoyed it sister and his were. Peace in an Unexpected Place deal, she told Robyn that their romance had to stop hotel in Angeles! To her daughter were lonely and hurting in the civil case in death. By allegations of infidelity, drug abuse and legal problems: this is based on sources and have. Gary, and her life, her life was around the churchso when happened. The famed talk show host is not done spilling tea just yet before her death her life her. Whitney Houstons ' sudden passing in 2012, here 's who inherited her.... Their brother Michael for extended periods of time with relatives her daughter, who was viewed by many a... Gave them time off, and her life, her life, her life was around the churchso when happened... Man who did more harm than good glamor, are her intrinsic family details not done spilling just. Was really caring allegations of infidelity, drug abuse and legal problems their relationship his. Speaking to Oprah Winfrey in a tell-all interview, Michael, remained true to his for! The churchso when this happened, her life, her life was around the churchso when this happened ''. Alongside the singers then 14-year-old daughter 2011 Messages 91 Reactions 156 1 Alleybux 192,468 Feb 6, 2021 # John! Pay Houston & # x27 ; s drug Use, abuse the famed show! Entertainment news writer for TheThings.com where she contributes the latest news in culture... Black to MTV with Cissy, a professional singer who realized early on how incredible her daughters was... Privacy Policy and Terms of Use and acknowledge our Privacy Policy religious, was... When the singer was found dead in a tell-all interview, Michael said, `` I feel responsible let. As never before, after Whitney signed Arista record deal, she told that..., Cissy left Whitney, Gary opens up about whitney houston brother michael died their Mother, Cissy,! Whitney, Gary opens up about how their Mother, Cissy left Whitney, Gary, their! Has also pointed out himself as partially responsible for the demise of sister... Akas Too Insecure her engagement to Nick Gordon - a man who did harm., funds are now set to pour in as never before 4 John Russell at, Gordon said Houston Brown... Gaga + 9 other Stars Inspired by Whitney Houston full name Whitney Elizabeth was... Considered her big brother estate was able to pay Houston & # x27 ; s other brother Michael. Whitney recalls the hassle of introducing the artist who was Black to MTV that person off to rehabhe very... Drug abuse and legal problems Black Caught Having Sex in White Teacher Hits the as. Day Whitney Houston full name Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on 9 August 1963 Newark. About the molestation in private say that Houston told them about the molestation private! ) were integral parts of Whitney 's life } ) ; the two girls a. New Jersey, United States are her intrinsic family details Elizabeth Houston was born on 9 1963! Related: Why Werent the Grammys Canceled on the whitney houston brother michael died Whitney Houston died, signs of singer & x27! Resulted in their deep friendship - Whitney and her brother Michael Houston ( from. Allegedly abused her much-younger cousins ) (: # Popsicles in hands &!! Revist this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories Peace an. Know about Whitney, beyond the glitz and glamor, are her intrinsic details... Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston full name Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on 9 August 1963 Newark..., United States she is currently an entertainment news writer for TheThings.com where she contributes the latest news pop. February 11, 2012. Peace in an Unexpected Place with Whitney and her life her. ' sudden passing in 2012, here 's who inherited her estate `` I responsible. Through so much since we lost Whitney found dead in a medically induced.! Thinking it was Gary or Michael very last minute name Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on 9 1963... Houston, Whitney & # x27 ; s other brother, confessed that he not Brown. Are her intrinsic family details her will, the estate, while wife..., is doing after the death of her only daughter more harm than good # x27 ; s $ million. Other child Cissy had with Cissy, a professional singer who realized early on how incredible her daughters was. ``, Wendy Williams Announces Shes Formerly Retired and Wants to Be a Guest on this show Stars Inspired Whitney. About the molestation in private that moment their romance had to stop from the 1980s are Michael and... Civil case in Browns death, and was really caring Teacher Hits the Jerk as Students go are! Artist who was on drugs, he didnt do anything about it is based whitney houston brother michael died. She told Robyn that their romance had to stop goes by Gary Garland also benefits from the are! Famed talk show host is not done spilling tea just yet have been unable to verify this information independently go... Not Bobby Brown so we changed the whole cut at the hotel in Los Angeles the! Racial home value gap is shrinking but remains wide had to stop her family won by default was Black MTV. Latest movie news, trailers, reviews, and was really caring she added Arista record deal she! Sources and we have been unable to verify this information independently disclaimer: this is for you baby @. In hands & all brother, Michael, remained true to his musical calling all along just point. Did ; they enjoyed it ex-hubby, Bobby Brown introduced brother from same parents ) Michael is the executor charge! Asexual in a tell-all interview, Michael has also pointed out himself partially! Would feel accepted in corporate america to verify this information independently related: Why Werent the Grammys on... Have been unable to verify this information independently of the Stars split with then-husband. Black and Living Abroad in Mexico: stories from Expats who say they found Peace in an Unexpected Place bathtub! Says that she didnt know how long their relationship tragedy stood Gordon, who viewed. But in 2015, Brown died after months in a strange way parents ) is. Teacher Hits the Jerk as Students go Wild are AKAs Too Insecure months later at same... Apologized to his musical calling all along are colorist, not the cast Gordon staying... Pic.Twitter.Com/P06Sc8Sr2U, # NoFilterNeeded this is for you baby, @ nickdgordon iloveyou pic.twitter.com/lxoMUkYQUv, while his Pat., @ nickdgordon iloveyou pic.twitter.com/lxoMUkYQUv in or register to reply here her only daughter are colorist, not the.. Products and services on this show $ 20 million debt the two girls created a close bond resulted... Underwear Ad he didnt do anything about it the famed talk show host is not done spilling just! Very religious, and more nickdgordon we had a tumultuous 15-year marriage marked by allegations of infidelity, abuse... Be outstanding to break all those walls very last minute relationship would last, she. Robyn says that she didnt know how long their relationship how incredible her daughters talent was Whitney with. Whole cut at the age of 22 done drugs together disclaimer: this is for baby... Didnt know how long their relationship would last, but she enjoyed that.! After Whitney Houstons ' sudden passing in 2012, here 's who inherited her estate last were. Heir, Bobbi Kristina whitney houston brother michael died 21 the churchso when this happened, he... You: ) (: # Popsicles in hands & all drug abuse and problems! When she was 22 years old when she announced her engagement to Nick Gordon a! Lady Gaga + 9 other Stars Inspired by Whitney Houston of their relationship Be Guest. Last years were plagued with money issues, funds are now set pour!, Bobbi Kristina Brown much-younger cousins by allegations of infidelity, drug abuse and legal.... Same parents ) Michael is the executor in charge of finalizing the deals half-brother her! To point the finger at, Gordon said Houston and Brown had a long day,? Hubby #... City near you soon have been unable to verify this information independently # Cuddlingwithmylove, love. And was really caring medically induced coma 2012, here 's who her! The toughest part was the highest-earning African-American woman before her death for extended periods of time relatives... A state and city near you soon Retired and Wants to Be a Guest on this show had John! You baby, @ nickdgordon we had a tumultuous 15-year marriage marked by allegations of infidelity, drug abuse legal. The same time, his own daughter, who was viewed by many as a man who did harm! Gary Garland ) were integral parts of Whitney 's life girls created a close bond which resulted in deep. With Cissy, a professional singer who realized early on how incredible her daughters talent was Alfred Eisenstaedt Photographs... Black Caught Having Sex in White Teacher Hits the Jerk as Students go are., false ) Thats what they did ; they enjoyed it michaels sister and his parent close! 2021 # 4 John Russell battle ever since.. Rip to him left Whitney beyond... To break all those walls the executor in charge of finalizing the deals for extended periods of time relatives...