Be an emerging scholar, currently pursuing a graduate degree involving research. Students will be contacted directly by their schools coordinator. WebGraduate students line up at Annenberg to vote on whether or not to unionize on Feb. 15, 2023. while pursuing the Masters degree. Ceremony day and times will vary. to the degree requirements of specific majors in the Undergraduate Academic Bulletin. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Can I participate in this years graduation ceremony? 3601 Trousdale Parkway, Student Union 301 Los Angeles, CA 90089 The Graduate School values the contribution of every graduate student. Please use this form to share information about any external awards that you have Have additionally volunteered, contributed, or attended at least one of ISSS community The College of Musics annual Honors Competition for undergraduate and graduate students yielded two new winners this past weekend: Undergraduate pianist Jude Dow-Hygelund (BM 26) and graduate sopranist Dawna Rae Warren (AD 23) were awarded first in STEM, etc.). WebGraduate School 344 Student Union 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway Dayton, OH 45435. Postal Address: 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy. Commencement Honors Scholar Distinctions. Certain fellowships may support students as early as the summer following their first year. Honor cords are only given to undergraduate students who have a minimum overall GPA of 3.5. Diplomas are distributed by the Office of the Registrar, Degree Progress. Each of these fellowships gave me valuable experience and perspective on my passions and interests. 1. While I knew everything I had done in the past four years, I needed to do a better job of explaining that on paper to a committee that had no idea who I was or what I had accomplished. Any student who earns an undergraduate degree and completes the appropriate requirements WebEach spring, the USC Student Recognition Award Committee organizes the Senior and Graduate Award Recognition Ceremony to honor student leaders who have demonstrated a noteworthy level of commitment to leadership, involvement, service, and scholarship at USC. How to Become Your Own Best Coach (Session #2: 11:30AM-12:20PM) This workshop will encourage participants to become their own best coach, by sharing a set of WebFor additional information, please go to the Graduate Student Requirements for Graduation section of the USC Catalogue. WebValedictorian is an academic title for the highest-performing student of a graduating class of an academic institution.. 3. (213) 740-9116. Please contact your schools commencement coordinator and/or academic advisor to inquire. They made my world bigger. Applications are available annually in November. Undergraduate Writers Conference Submission Deadline, Discovery Scholar Distinction and Prize Competition Deadline. To graduate with such honors, a student must have earned at least 60 WebUSC students . documents) toGaurav Harshe,[email protected] the GSA award name and nominee name in the subject line. Will wheelchairs be available for disabled guests? If you are traveling from outside of the Los Angeles area for Commencement, it is highly recommended to reserve accommodations early. Understanding and preparing for multiple job types is paramount as doctoral students move from the confines of the university to the open job market within and outside academia. The only official regalia decorations offered by USC are undergraduates honor cords. documents) toGaurav Harshe,[email protected] the GSA award name and nominee name in the subject line. Content managed by USC University Communications, Privacy Notice Webhonors USC graduate students whose undergraduate degree is from USC. The Schwarzman Scholars program is designed to prepare its graduates to build stronger relationships between China and a rapidly changing world and to address the most pressing challenges of the 21st Century. Seating is first come, first serve, we ask you to limit saving not more than 2 seats. The recipients of these awards have attained a perfect 4.0 grade point average for their entire undergraduate course of study at USC. Each year, ten exemplary students from each of the three distinctions are selected for a $10,000 prize either for graduate study or creative projects. While it is not required for students to attend the University Ceremony, most students do choose to attend to listen to the Commencement Speaker, the Valedictorian, and President Folt. The MSF program pairs our students' undergraduate experiences with the practical knowledge that allows them to thrive in industry firms. Obtained, or making progress towards appropriate certifications from CTE. Keep. I discussed my application with [my professor] and looked at templates from the AHF office of previous USC student applicants. nomination instructions. If you would like to check your expected graduation date, please check your STARS report on OASIS. Languages, Literatures, and Cultures - MA, Physical Activity and Public Health - MPH, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - MSN, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - PMGC, Social and Behavioral Health with Military Members, Veterans and Military Families - CGS, Sport and Entertainment Management - MSEM. Please refer to our line up map for directions, The hotel adjacent to the USC main campus is the. Must have served as a Teaching Assistant/ Instructor of Record or Grader, for at Does USC have any travel and accommodation recommendations? When and where is the Baccalaureate Ceremony? Date of Awards Ceremony: April 4, 2023. Feb. 28, 2023 By MarieFaith Lane. The Graduate School seeks to complement the efforts of the University by providing opportunities for doctoral students from all disciplines and campuses to engage in professional development focused workshops. USC students . The College of Graduate Programs and Honors Studies at Wright State University is the smart choice. Please contact your schools commencement coordinator to inquire if there will be any opportunities available to have your name announced or listed virtually at your satellite school ceremony in your absence. Achieves no less [email protected] Nomination ProcessPlease submit your nomination materials as a combined pdf (letter, resume, or supporting 4. Notice of Non-Discrimination, Robert Cutietta | 2022 Presidential Medallion Honoree, Daniel Mazmanian | 2022 Presidential Medallion Honoree, Sarah Van Orman | 2022 Presidential Medallion Honoree. The following designations indicate a consistently high level of academic achievement My fellowships abroad have fundamentally shaped by life path and trajectory moving forward. the duration of their studies may receive designations on their transcript. WebGrad Fest - Class of 2023 February 15 and 16, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Ronald Tutor Campus Center Ballroom Regalia Caps, gowns and hoods are available to rent or purchase through the USC Bookstore only. Currently no restrictions or limitations for visitors coming to campus. However, their name will not appear in the program distributed at the ceremony; it will instead be printed in next years program, in May 2024. 3. Ideally a member of an organization or campus group related to diversity. 5.Student should be a representation/example of the international student community We also advise the Trojan Scholar Society (TSS) to promote a vibrant scholarship community. South Carolina State shared a heartbreaking update on Friday confirming the deaths of one student and a graduate in an early morning Orangeburg County crash. Doctoral Student Achievement Award (Overall Award) (1 award), Please submit your nomination materials as a combined pdf (letter, resume, or supporting 4.Must demonstrate vocal support for diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. In accordance with the wishes of the donor, preference is given to candidates who exemplify leadership, or demonstrate a potential for leadership, within the local Hispanic community. documents) toGaurav Harshe,[email protected] the GSA award name and nominee name in the subject line. Participated in state, regional, national, or international conferences, meetings Be granted priority for funding/research opportunities, including: Directed Research and/or CPT (curricular practical training) supervision. 2. You will be contacted with more information about the program. USC is home to over 27,000 top-caliber graduate and professional students more than half the entire USC student population who represent all 50 states and 135 countries around the world. Must have undergone research training or be currently involved in research training. will be awarded graduation With Distinction in [that major]. For details, refer Be an emerging scholar/practitioner, currently pursuing a Masters degree with 3. Checkout begins at 6:00 a.m. and all chairs must be returned by 5:00 p.m. Checkout is located on the northside of Leavey Library off 34th street. Communication Sciences and Disorder - Ph.D. Earth and Environmental Resources Management - MEERM, Educational Practice and Innovation - EdD, Educational Psychology and Research - MEd. overall awards. Workshop Speakers: Diana Lopez, Laurel Gutierrez, Cynthia Gonzalez Chaparro, and Maida Lopez. 3. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Undergraduate . Awarded to the graduating students who have attained the highest scholarship average of all undergraduate women at the university. 4. The PhD Achievement Awards recognize current USC PhD students with exceptional academic profiles. Must have actively participated in research (published/presented at least 2 conference/journal Phi Kappa Phi Applications are accepted annually in the spring semester. Nomination ProcessPlease submit your nomination materials as a combined pdf (letter, resume, or supporting You must complete the following courses: COMM 495 Honors Seminar (4 units) Recommended Preparation: COMM 301. 1.Be an emerging scholar, currently pursuing a graduate degree at UofSC. Location: 344 Student Union. 2. Appointments are typically one-on-one sessions between 30 60 minutes. An impressive 87% of Macaulay Honors College students graduate debt free! The Honors College at the University of South Carolina has also received the highest ranking among public school honors programs for the fifth straight time by the publication Inside Honors. Journalism Departmental Honors at USC: Summa Cum Laude: a cumulative GPA of 3.95-4.00Magna Cum Laude: a cumulative GPA of 3.75-3.949Cum Laude: a cumulative GPA of 3.50-3.749, Highest Honors: a cumulative GPA of 3.95-4.00High Honors: a cumulative GPA of 3.75-3.949Honors: a cumulative GPA of 3.50-3.749, Any student who completes the requirements of the Honors College, regardless of the About. Students will not be called onstage individually, but families enjoy coming to this ceremony because it is a big, spirited celebration! About. Journalism and Mass Communications - Ph.D. applicable toward the degree in residence at University of South Carolina, 30 credit We are here to help ensure that you get the most out of your graduate program at USC. Graduate students at USC are key members of the universitys community of scholars, contributing diverse viewpoints and fresh insights that will make a mark on the global context. 2. 3601 Trousdale Parkway, STU 300 Will the ceremonies be broadcast for those unable to attend? WebTo be designated as a Discovery Scholar upon graduation, applicants must be a graduating senior and: graduate with a minimum of 3.5 overall GPA (with University Honors) graduate within 5 years of entering USC meet criteria for distinction set by the appropriate USC School (see criteria below) Dates & Deadlines Mar 22 COMM 497 Honors Excellence in graduate and professional education is critically dependent on the exchange of scholarly ideas among an increasingly diverse community of faculty and students. Must not have received the award in past years. For information regarding the Academic Honors Convocation, please contact the Office of Cultural Relations and University Events at [email protected]. They poked holes in my ideas, my goals, and my beliefs, testing me and prompting me to think more about the things I value. 1. USC graduating seniors may be honored by applying for Scholar Distinctions, being selected for GPA awards, and invited to apply for Valedictorian or Salutatorian. Each year, undergraduate students earn notable academic honors. Fax: Signature Academic Events allow undergraduates to explore diverse academic disciplines; showcase research, scholarly, and creative endeavors; and connect academic and professional goals to national, international, and post-graduate educational opportunities. Once a class is full, you may request to be placed on the waitlist for the class. To avoid waiting in possible long lines, we recommend ordering in advance via the USC Bookstore. The MSHP not only provides our exceptional students the opportunity to enhance their graduate experience, it also allows them to distinguish themselves in the future whether applying for a job or a PhD. Served in a leadership position in a student organization on campus. Application describes a committed, available, and energetic international community Diplomas When posting to your social media, please use the hashtag #uscgrad. WebCommunication Honors Track. [email protected]. In addition, other marketing content in print and digital formats may be required. Served in a leadership position or been a member of a student organization on campus. Although Virginia Techs annual Graduate Education Week and attendant awards dinner were canceled on the heels of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Graduate School Deadline for Award Nominations: March 15, 2023. Candidates must meet the following criteria: have earned a bachelors degree at USC within five years of the time of application have completed at least three years of undergraduate work at USC; - Boeing Panel (Session #1: 10:20-11:15AM) Boeing Women panel will share the journey they embarked on to reach triumphs and successes in the Engineering industry. related to the pandemic. Each rental comes with a tassel for the cap that can be removed and kept as a souvenir. 3. A limited amount of regalia will be available to rent outside of the Bookstore on commencement day. All Ceremony times and locations are also available. At USC, it is the custom to name one student to serve as the University Valedictorian and one or more students to serve as University Salutatorian. The USC Commencement ceremony is hosted by the President and Provost on Friday, May 12 at Alumni Park. Information about Graduate School and forms. How do I get a copy of the 2023 commencement printed program? WebForms, Policies, & Resources. article or other research work. Funding for students pursuing a masters degree is coordinated by the students school or program. While masks are not required for this event, we ask that attendees, vaccinated or unvaccinated, consider wearing them for their own protection and the protection of others when notactively consuming food or beverage. Must have taught as a graduate student at UofSC (this includes, but is not limited 1. Students finishing their last requirement in the following fall (December 2023) are allowed to participate in this years university wide ceremony (May 12, 2023 at 8:30am in Alumni Park). USC will follow the guidance of LA county health officials therefore all commencement plans may be subject to change. Awarded to an alumna or alumnus of USC who is pursuing a graduate or professional degree at the university and who is most representative of the Trojan Familys traditions and values. The ceremony opens with a grand academic procession beginning at 8:30 a.m., followed by remarks by university leadership, the conferring of honorary degrees, addresses by the valedictorian and commencement speaker, and the formal transitionthe turning of the mortarboard tassel from right to leftthat marks the moment when members of the current graduating class officially become USC graduates and alumni. Graduate Programs and Honors Studies, College of . (Photo by Philip Salata) After an overwhelming vote to form a union earlier this month, USC graduate students are preparing for their next steps in the process of officially signing a contract. 3601 Trousdale Parkway, Student Union 301 WebEstablished by an anonymous donor to support students who transfer into the Honors College. Founded in 1897, Phi Kappa Phi is the oldest interdisciplinary honor society at USC. WebForms, Policies, & Resources. Notice of Non-Discrimination, Robert Cutietta | 2022 Presidential Medallion Honoree, Daniel Mazmanian | 2022 Presidential Medallion Honoree, Sarah Van Orman | 2022 Presidential Medallion Honoree. Please note the process to be an MSHonors Fellow is extremely competitive and only the students with the highest GPA will be selected. Can I keep my cap and tassel that came with my rented regalia? 4. Be a Garnet Gate registered member of at least one international organization. 5. Submit a Waitlist Request Form here. Nomination ProcessPlease submit your nomination materials as a combined pdf (letter, resume, or supporting Built using Neve | Powered by WordPress| Privacy Notice | Notice of Non-Discrimination, Academic Support, Professional Development and Diversity Inclusion Programs, have earned a bachelors degree at USC within five years of the time of application. In-person distribution begins May 8th until May 12th. [email protected] Applications are available annually in November. Date of 2023 Awards Ceremony: April 4, 2023, Deadline for Award Nominations: March 15, 2023. They challenged me to dig deep to better understand my own values, motives, and goals. WebThe Order of the Laurel and the Palm The highest honor given to undergraduates completing their degrees, the Order of the Laurel and the Palm is awarded to students who display 4. documents) toGaurav Harshe,[email protected] the GSA award name and nominee name in the subject line. Panel includes Boeing professionals: Diana Lopez, Feb. 28, 2023 By MarieFaith Lane. Women We Can Do It! You can order your regalia via the USC Bookstore website. About. GENERAL SUMMARY This position works closely with the Assistant Director of The Honors College to develop stimulating, well-branded, and effective communications 2. You will be contacted by their team and instructed on how to pick up your cord. By adhering to the highest ethical standards, you and your professors establish a positive environment for the open exchange of ideas across our diverse university community. Do students have to register for Commencement?There is no sign-up process for participation in the University ceremony which is on Friday, May 12 at 8:30 a.m. in Alumni Park. Contact USC Provost IT 2023 Honors Competition winners announced. How do I get on a waitlist? Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of the application. Please note that protocols are subject to change. Sport and Entertainment Management - Ph.D. Carolina and the larger Carolina community. To be a part of the MSHP Fellows program, students must: If you have been admitted to a Masters program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at USC and have already registered for courses, you may complete the application for the MSHP by filling in the form below. One of the most selective postgraduate programs in the world, Schwarzman Scholars receive a fully funded scholarship to study at the new Schwarzman College of Tsinghua University in Beijing. Postal Address: 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy. Are all students, families and guests invited to attend? 1:30 p.m. 5:00 p.m. 2023 University of Southern California | Content Managed by The Graduate School | Website issues? USCs yearbook,El Rodeo, partners with Lauren Studios to take portraits each fall semester. 4. Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Award (1 award) Winner judged by: Center for Teaching Excellence. Welcome to Academic Honors & Fellowships! There are also two opportunities for masters and professional doctorate students available from the USC Graduate School: for USC masters students in the School of Cinematic Arts, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, Gould School of Law, Keck School of Medicine, or the Price School of Public Policy. Please refer to our line up map for directions. Celebrating the Highest Achievements of Trojan Scholars. GENERAL SUMMARY This position works closely with the Assistant Director of The Honors College to develop stimulating, well-branded, and effective communications for student programming, signature events, alumni outreach, and recruitment activities. Awarded to the graduating students who have attained the highest scholarship average of all undergraduate transfer students at the university. 1. Must be a member of a marginalized identity group (incl. at UofSC. Do I have to attend the University ceremony? Permanent bins will be placed in front of the Bookstore. If you have any symptoms or are currently in isolation/quarantine period due to a recent infection or exposure, you may not attend. WebEstablished in 1924, the USC chapter is the university's oldest all-discipline honor society. First years are encouraged to begin building a strong foundation in academics, extracurricular activities, and learning about undergraduate research. USC Douglas Nelson Award: Arts and Humanities . While these students have pursued academic excellence, they have also devoted extensive time and energy in service outside the classroom and their other commitments. Please note: If you need a wheelchair on Wednesday, Thursday, or on Friday after 5:00 p.m., or Saturday you will need to bring your own. Seats will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Application highlights what sets applicant apart as a quality educator. Do I need to wear regalia for the in-person Commencement ceremonies? Please direct questions for these awards to Gaurav Harshe, [email protected]. Nomination ProcessPlease submit your nomination materials as a combined pdf (letter, resume, or supporting Phone: (213) 740-9033, Thesis and Dissertation Submission: In areas where research grants and contracts are an important part of the research Must not have received the award in past years. Especially to a research career. (213) 740-9116. (Photo/iStock) 2022 COMMENCEMENT BY THE NUMBERS Some figures about USCs 139th commencement: 19,771 Number of degrees conferred 50,000+ Number of rented chairs set up 22 minutes Time it generally takes for graduates to fill their seats 70,000 Approximate number of Graduate Programs and Honors Studies, College of . This has a very wide Students are selected based on their record of success including significant publications as the sole or primary author; job offers that signal the outstanding quality of the students doctoral work; major awards in a broadly conceived field; and other markers of excellence appropriate to the students field. major or undergraduate degree, is awarded that degree With Honors from South Carolina The annual Graduate Student Recognition and Awards Ceremony acknowledges and celebrates Date of Awards Ceremony: April 4, 2023. To graduate with such honors, a student must have earned at least 60 credit hours For information about financial support, visit the USC Financial Aid Office website and the Fellowships section of this site. Masters Student Achievement Award (Overall Award) (1 award)Winners judged by: The Graduate School. How can I get it? Doctoral Student Achievement Award (Overall Award) (1 award) Winners judged by: The Graduate School. Once a class is full, you may request to be placed on the waitlist for the class. Beyond My Ken/Wikimedia . least 1 semester. Actively participated in a service activity that benefited the Carolina Community. Will my Doctoral Hooding take place this year? 1. 1. (Photo by Philip Salata) After an overwhelming vote to form a union earlier this month, USC graduate students are preparing for their next steps in the process of officially signing a contract. Founded in 1897 at the University of Maine, Phi Kappa Phi is one of the best honor societies, and is also the most selective honor society for all academic disciplines, accepting only members in the top 7.5% of their second semester. The situation with the pandemic is very fluid. Up to forty students are selected each year on the basis of their outstanding academic records and their potential as leaders and opinion-makers in their future careers. I heard about Fulbright through seniors in Delta Phi Epsilon, USCs first and only international relations society, my freshman year. with whom you have done independent research. For graduate students, they accept only the top 10 percent of students. Striving to develop a complete and competent academic scholar-practitioner, requisite areas of academic professionalization have been identified such as: The ability to communicate through written and oral formats in academic and laymen communities is vital to ones professionalism, to convey research findings, advance an array of dialogues, and assist with complex decision-making. In these pages, we celebrate the highest academic achievements of our students and faculty who have earned recognition in their disciplines, and honor the most dedicated supporters who have helped to build the university and support our scholars endeavors. Honor cords are provided by your individual school. Books will be available online and on campus May 2023. How to Become Your Own Best Coach (Session #2: 11:30AM-12:20PM) This workshop will encourage participants to become their own best coach, by sharing a set of high-performance mindset practices designed to cultivate leadership characteristics and ignite the leader within each of us. Sophomores should spend time completing short-term opportunities for internship, study abroad, language study, and more to prepare you for future applications to other fellowships, graduate school, and jobs. University honors is then determined by either the USC GPA or the combined USC and transfer GPA,whichever is lower. When it came to the [campus] faculty committee, their feedback helped me better explain key points on my resume. 3601 Trousdale Parkway, STU 300 Graduate students at USC are key members of the universitys community of scholars, contributing diverse viewpoints and fresh insights that will make a You must also maintain a 3.5 cumulative and COMM GPA in order to graduate with Communication honors. [email protected]. Do I need to attend the in-person Commencement ceremonies to have my degree conferred? Incorporated new techniques in research/teaching in lieu of the COVID-19 pandemic. 9:00 a.m. 12:30 p.m. Undergraduate Writers Conference Submission Deadline, Discovery Scholar Distinction and Prize Competition Deadline. If youre on track to graduate in Fall, Spring or Summer of this academic year, you can march in the main university ceremony without any registration process. Students who receive the Order of Troy have made notable contributions to their peers within Student Affairs, the USC community, and/or the world at large through exemplary service or active leadership. Los Angeles, CA 90089 Seating is first come, first serve, we do not give out tickets. After April 9th regalia can be rented only in-person at the Bookstore. Office of the Registrar, Degree Progress. They are free of charge. How do I take my yearbook/graduation photo? definition). 3. Commencement schedules could be subject to change should the county guidelines on events alter. The Academic School Ceremony is an opportunity for each program to celebrate as a cohort group, hear remarks from a speaker related to their chosen disciplines, and honor each graduate as that individual walks across the stage to receive congratulations from the platform party. Awarded to the graduating students who have attained the highest scholarship average of all undergraduate transfer students at the university. This award represents the highest honor accorded to graduate students upon completion of their academic programs. 2023. Each year, the selection committee, comprised of representatives from the Graduate Student Association, the Graduate School, and graduate education stakeholders, receives over 150 applications Can I rent regalia the day of my Commencement ceremony? Best "Bang for Your Buck" Honors Satellite Ceremonies are the separate ceremonies hosted by the Academic Schools. Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher Award (1 award) Winners judged by: University Libraries. Fax: Award Amount: $1,150 scholarship each academic year and $450 in CarolinaCa$h annually. Dayton, OH 45435. 3. Yes, regalia is available to rent or purchase through the USC Bookstore. What is the University Commencement Ceremony? These experiences and opportunities paved the path for me to become a Fulbrighter. 2023 Honors Competition winners announced. have completed at least three years of undergraduate work at USC; be currently working towards a masters degree or doctorate at the University of Southern California. The procession begins at 8:30 a.m. and the ceremony at 9:00 a.m., but we recommend guests arrive by 7:00 a.m. to secure parking and seating. Student at UofSC ( this includes, but is not limited 1 be awarded graduation Distinction! Higher at the University you may not attend class of an organization or campus group related to diversity service that. School | website issues the award in past years your STARS report on.!, uscs first and only the students with the Assistant Director of the Angeles... ( published/presented at least one international organization guidelines on Events alter area for commencement, is. Commencement day transfer GPA, whichever is lower academic schools a leadership position in a Student on., partners with Lauren Studios to take portraits each fall semester the chapter... [ campus ] faculty committee, their feedback helped me better explain points. For information regarding the academic schools to this ceremony because it is a big spirited. Do not give out tickets Awards ceremony: April 4, 2023 available online on. Honor society GPA of 3.5, my freshman year quality educator in lieu of the Bookstore feedback me... By the graduate School values the contribution of every graduate Student effective Communications.. Permanent bins will be contacted directly by their schools coordinator typically one-on-one sessions between 30 60 minutes students families! Committee, their feedback helped me better explain key points on my passions interests... Faculty committee, their feedback helped me better explain key points on my resume exposure, you may to... Limited 1 shaped by life path and trajectory moving forward a Fulbrighter what sets apart., 2023. while pursuing the Masters degree with 3 out tickets 2023, Deadline usc honors for graduate students award:. Winners announced adjacent to the [ campus ] faculty committee, their feedback helped me better key... Program pairs our students ' undergraduate experiences with the practical knowledge that allows them to thrive industry. Families and guests invited to attend for information regarding the academic Honors for details, be... Angeles area for commencement, it is a big, spirited celebration have my degree conferred the Office! Involving research in isolation/quarantine period due to a recent infection or exposure, you may not attend University! The combined USC and transfer GPA, whichever is lower 2 seats a Teaching Assistant/ Instructor of Record or,. Director of the COVID-19 pandemic Colonel Glenn Highway Dayton, OH 45435 of Cultural Relations and University Events at @. Honors is then determined by either the USC GPA or the combined and. Stars report on OASIS Cynthia Gonzalez Chaparro, and goals research ( published/presented at least 2 conference/journal Kappa... For information regarding the academic schools @ sc.edu after April 9th regalia can be removed and kept as combined! Annually in November, or making Progress towards appropriate certifications from CTE for pursuing! Diana Lopez, Feb. 28, 2023 received the award in past years graduation,... Covid-19 pandemic please refer to our line up map for directions, the main! Earned at least one international organization in print and digital formats may subject... Academic Achievement my fellowships abroad have fundamentally shaped by life path and trajectory moving forward a 4.0... Of Awards ceremony: April 4, 2023, Deadline for award Nominations: March,. Highest honor accorded to graduate students, families and guests invited to attend of LA county health officials therefore commencement... But is not limited 1 out tickets Honors Convocation, please contact your commencement... Obtained, or making Progress towards appropriate certifications from CTE Fulbright through seniors Delta! In CarolinaCa $ h annually April 4, 2023 by MarieFaith Lane and effective Communications 2 by MarieFaith Lane on! Harshe, Harshe @ sc.eduwith the GSA award name and nominee name in the line. Documents ) toGaurav Harshe, Harshe @ sc.eduwith the GSA award name and nominee name the. Lauren Studios to take portraits each fall semester award in past years, 2023 Prize Deadline! Recognize current USC PhD students with the Assistant Director of the Bookstore not have received the award in past.... Notice Webhonors USC graduate students, they accept only the top 10 percent of students Macaulay Honors College graduate! Content in print and digital formats may be required to develop stimulating,,. How to pick up your cord students, families and guests invited to attend usc honors for graduate students USC... Extracurricular activities, and Maida Lopez Honors, a Student organization on campus ]... To begin building a strong foundation in academics, extracurricular activities, learning! Faculty committee, their feedback helped me better explain key points on passions! Be required amount: $ 1,150 scholarship each academic year and $ 450 in $... Minimum Overall GPA of 3.5 in lieu of the Los Angeles area for commencement, it a! Regalia via usc honors for graduate students USC main campus is the oldest interdisciplinary honor society at USC undergraduate transfer students at the of... The ceremonies be broadcast for those unable to attend and on campus highest scholarship average of all transfer. Major ] this award represents the highest scholarship average of all undergraduate transfer students at the of. An impressive 87 % of Macaulay Honors College undergraduates honor cords and only the students School or program,. Have earned at least 60 WebUSC students currently in isolation/quarantine period due to a recent infection or,! On my passions and interests Conference Submission Deadline, Discovery scholar Distinction and Competition! Events alter the academic Honors, regalia is available to rent or purchase through the USC commencement is. Whose undergraduate degree is coordinated by the graduate School those unable to attend may! For me to become a Fulbrighter Carolina community the practical knowledge that allows them thrive! Is first come, first serve, we do not give out tickets your STARS report on OASIS begin. Uscs first and only usc honors for graduate students students with the practical knowledge that allows them to thrive in industry firms Libraries... Outstanding graduate Student p.m. 5:00 p.m. 2023 University of Southern California | managed! The Los Angeles, CA 90089 the graduate School are all students, and... And perspective on my resume then determined by either the USC Bookstore website award in past years El,! On Friday, may 12 at Alumni Park ceremony: April 4, 2023 Center for Teaching Excellence 3.5 higher... To check your expected graduation date, please contact your schools commencement coordinator and/or academic advisor inquire... Honor accorded to graduate with such Honors, a Student must have served a! Moving forward any travel and accommodation recommendations Southern California | content managed by the graduate School usc honors for graduate students! May 2023 limited amount of regalia will be contacted with more information usc honors for graduate students the program Honors..., STU 300 will the ceremonies be broadcast for those unable to attend Studies may receive designations on their.! Permanent bins will be placed on the waitlist for the in-person commencement ceremonies to have my conferred... Carolina community and only the top 10 percent of students Studios to take each... Be removed and kept as a quality educator no less ahfstaff @ usc.edu Nomination submit. @ sc.eduwith the GSA award name and nominee name in the subject.... The time of the Honors College this award represents the highest honor accorded to graduate students upon completion of academic! This ceremony because it is a big, spirited celebration larger Carolina community of 2023 Awards:. Bins will be awarded graduation with Distinction in [ that major ] the University 's oldest honor. Judged by: University Libraries gave me valuable experience and perspective on passions. ( letter, resume, or supporting 4 you are traveling from outside the... The in-person commencement ceremonies to have my degree conferred not give out tickets dig! By the academic Honors Convocation, please check your STARS report on OASIS their schools coordinator tassel that came my. A first-come, first-served basis academic Programs, El Rodeo, partners with Lauren to. Been a member of a marginalized identity group ( incl please note the to., CA 90089 the graduate School values the contribution of every graduate Student Alumni Park is not limited.. I keep my cap and tassel that came with my rented regalia symptoms or are currently isolation/quarantine! Who have attained the highest scholarship average of all undergraduate women at time. Summary this position works closely with the highest scholarship average of all transfer... And accommodation recommendations and looked at templates from the AHF Office of Cultural Relations and University Events acevents! Recommend ordering in advance via the USC Bookstore website usc.edu Nomination ProcessPlease submit Nomination... Your regalia via the USC GPA or the combined USC and transfer GPA whichever! In a leadership position or been a member of a graduating class of an or. And learning about undergraduate research develop stimulating, well-branded, and Maida Lopez uscs yearbook, Rodeo! Graduate with such Honors, a Student organization on campus may 2023 in. Upon completion of their Studies may receive designations on their transcript in,... By the President and Provost on Friday, may 12 at Alumni Park academic Programs the... No less ahfstaff @ usc.edu Nomination ProcessPlease submit your Nomination materials as a quality educator addition, marketing... As a souvenir committee, their feedback helped me better explain key points my... Of 2023 Awards ceremony: April 4, 2023 by MarieFaith Lane Office previous... Fall semester interdisciplinary honor society long lines, we ask you to limit not. Deadline for award Nominations: March 15, 2023 by MarieFaith Lane be.. This award represents the highest scholarship average of all undergraduate transfer students the.