This loaf is SO MUCH BETTER than the over-priced Starbucks slices in the pastry case because first of all, it is homemade and it isnt oily nor too sweet, plus it has so much lemon flavour and soft moist texture! In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk the eggs together with the yogurt, melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract just until combined. Place melted butter, oil, eggs, and milk in a large bowl. They convinced showgirl that she actually liked blueberry muffins, and that she'll never go for store-bought again. How to make Streusel for Muffins Whisk the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Its delicious and great after dinner! Did not waste much time, right? Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Thank you so much for stopping by. If you want more lemon flavor in the bread and the icing, use lemon extract along with the lemon juice. This amazing Lightened Up Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf is the absolute best! Recipe: Cream Cheese-Banana-Nut Bread. Make a well and add in the liquid ingredients (melted butter, milk, oil, lemon extract if using). Pop them into the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Just the right amount of sweetness. It can however have a fake taste so be cautious using too much. I know its hard to remember to come back and search, so Ive made it easy for you with my weekly newsletter! And bake in preheated oven for 25 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffin comes out clean. It's so easy to make that you'll never spend $$$ on it at that coffee shop again! Set aside.In a large mixing bowl add the eggs, sweetener, non fat plain Greek yogurt, and melted light butter or unsweetened applesauce. It's as delicious for breakfast as it is for a late-night snack. Just divide the batter into a 12-cup muffin tin. Fold in the lemon zest. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Vanessa Greaves is a Senior Editor at Allrecipes with nearly two decades of experience helping home cooks gain confidence in the kitchen. Total: 2 mins Rate This Recipe Pin Print Save Ingredients 1 tablespoon almond flour 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour 1/2-1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 large large egg or egg white see post for vegan option 3 tablespoon milk of choice * See notes Sugar Free Vanilla Glaze And the bright lemon flavor makes it taste like sunshine in delicious pound cake form. They are very easy to prepare and require only a few minutes of work. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. (new Image()).src = 'https://capi.connatix.com/tr/si?token=bd5526af-9c84-429a-baca-e1c4e1072ef9&cid=877050e7-52c9-4c33-a20b-d8301a08f96d'; cnxps.cmd.push(function () { cnxps({ playerId: "bd5526af-9c84-429a-baca-e1c4e1072ef9" }).render("7917806a0d7f4109a1cb2a4492c81a1a"); }); Test Kitchen Tip: If youre short on time (or just want to keep your hands clean! In a large mixing bowl add the eggs, sweetener, non fat plain Greek yogurt, and melted light butter or unsweetened applesauce. Transfer pan to a rack to cool 10 minutes. So I wanted to find the perfect Starbucks copycat lemon loaf recipe so that I could make a delicious lemon loaf at home and eat 3 slices without the embarrassment of ordering all 3 from the Barista. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Plus, lemons last a long time in the fridge, so theres no reason to not keep some on hand! Your email address will not be published. If it is getting too browned, tent a piece of foil over the top to prevent it from browning. Full of fresh lemony goodness this quick bread has a soft crumb and sweet-tart glaze you will love. lemon juice, lemons, sour cream, milk, salt, baking powder, large eggs and 6 more. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. If using Bisquick brand you'll mix together 2 cups dry mix + 1 cup milk (2% or whole is best) + 2 eggs. I only have 1 egg!! Add oil, eggs, and lemon juice, and whisk until well-combined. You can easily substitute some freshly squeezed lemon juice insteadjust use 2 tablespoons of juice for every teaspoon of lemon extract. Make my small batch brownies instead, or you can make my Small Batch Lemon Curd! In a separate bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, and 6 tablespoons lemon juice into bowl of stand mixer; beat for 2 minutes and pour into prepared loaf pans. For more lemon desserts, make sure to try these other favorites! I just made them. Whisk in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow) Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi there, so glad you are here! If it is too runny, it will be just a glaze. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray (the kind with flour in it - like Baker's Joy.) Whisk together wet ingredients - Eggs and sour cream until the eggs are broken and incorporated. Be sure to edit the recipe with any ingredients that you use that are different. Add egg and mix well. Its turned into a complete family affair. This adds more moisture to the bread. You only need four ingredients! My family loved it! Theyll keep your loaves from sticking to the pan just as well. Store leftover Lemon Loaf in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. Copyright 2020 Scientifically Sweet. I think my lemon extract was old, oh well it was still edible and I opted for no lemon juice on the glaze just vanilla extract. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake - Scientifically Sweet. Get our best recipes, grocery finds, and clever kitchen tips delivered to your inbox. Lemon extract isnt something we use often, so its totally understandable if you dont have any on hand. Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. LIFESTYLE FRIENDLY: Works with WW, ketogenic, diabetic, candida, paleo, vegan, low-carb, low-sugar, non-GMO, and all-natural diets. This is WAY better than the lemon loaf at Starbucks and who knew it is so easy to make! Well, what are you waiting forgo make it!! Stir in the walnuts and raisins. Beat in the vanilla and the egg. If it is getting too browned, tent a piece of foil over the top to prevent it from browning. I remembered that they were very tasty, fragrant, relatively large, soft and tender. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To make the glaze, whisk together ingredients and drizzle over cooled loaf. Lemon Poppyseed muffins are some of my favorites and I remember regularly getting a giant one from the bakery when I was in college. Take eggs and butter out of the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before making this recipe. Lightly grease a standard 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Memorize an equation, take another bite. This blog came from a place of having a bad relationship with food, and I turned to the kitchen to heal. Recipe shared with me by a friend. Your ULTIMATE expert baking recipe resource with baking tips and techniques from a Food Scientist MSc.! Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. Then add it to the egg, butter & sugar mixture and mix just enough for it to be well blended. Next, add in the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture well in between each addition. Remove the cooled loaf from the pan and drizzle or pour over top. Images/text copyright Amanda Formaro 2020. Moist, soft and tender lemon loaf with tangy lemon icing that tastes BETTER than Starbucks. Using a hand whisk, whisk until smooth and well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together gently with a spatula or wooden spoon. (3 tbsp.) 2 eggs. PLUSyou can SAVE 15% with promo code: Pound15. Its so refreshing and delicious, youll think it came right out of the oven at your local coffee shop-but it only costs you a fraction of the points per slice! Bake for 55 minutes, or until the center is fully set, and a toothpick inserted comes out crumb free. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Made with only a few simple ingredients and ready in less than an hour, I was finally able to re-create my favorite Starbucks treat right at home. You can use an 8x4-inch pan, but will need to adjust the time and temperature. A peanut butter lover, chocolate connoisseur, and sprinkle addict - she hopes to make your life sweeter, one cookie at a time. I simplified this chai tea recipe by using the filter basket of our coffeepot. Set aside. Preheat oven to 425F. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix batter for 14 pancakes. It has the perfect balance of delicious butteriness without being greasy, and the lemon flavor packs a punch without being sour whatsoever. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Place frosted lemon loaf (whole or slices) on a sheet pan and pop it into the freezer for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, hot cocoa mix, baking powder, and salt. So glad you loved it, thank you! Smartpoints: GREEN: 3 smartpoints for one slice/muffin if using sugar free glaze or 7 smartpoints if using whole eggs and regular lemon glaze BLUE/PURPLE: 3 smartpoints for one slice/muffin if using sugar free glaze or 6 smartpoints if using whole eggs and regular lemon glaze. Really moist and tasty. Ive never had Starbucks, so I cant compare, but these sound delicious! Or if you rather buy it at the store, our Test Kitchen team found the very best options to kick start your mornings. The best lemon loaf, it is perfect and delicious Mixing bowls Instructions Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 95 loaf pan. The proportions in the recipe include a note to add more powdered sugar as needed until you have a nice thick consistency. Pour batter into a well greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. For the icing, combine icing sugar, lemon juice, milk and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. "By far the best pumpkin loaf recipe I've made on the site so far. Along with some spot-on Starbucks copycats drinks, my kitchen practically transformed into a Starbucks that morning. The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. I weigh everything directly into one large mixing bowl (a Pyrex one is a great choice for most baking recipes). Your email address will not be published. (1/3 cup) lemon juice Zest of 2 lemons 45 ml. Gently fold in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Your pictures do them full justice. Whether youve tried the lemon loaf from Starbucks or not you definitely need to try Starbucks copycat lemon loaf recipe. Place 1 cup granulated sugar and the lemon zest in a large bowl. Add more milk if the consistency is too thick. If youve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter. This post originally appeared on this blog on September 1, 2012. Keep in my the point value will vary depending on which one you use. If you want to use store-bought lemon juice anyway, make sure its the frozen kind, and that the only ingredient is lemon juice. The flavor will be more intense. Yes! She is a crafting expert and guru in the kitchen and has appeared online and in print publications many times over the years. Hi Teri, yes you can use canola oil or olive oil. very delicious indeed! The recipe builder link only works for WW members located in the United States. Have you ever tried the lemon loaf from Starbucks? In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking soda together. In the past few months I got at least 1-2 emails or messages asking for the recipe, and I just couldnt stop thinking about it. Order now on Starbucks Delivers to get it delivered straight to your door or on the Starbucks UK app to order ahead. 2 cups (281 g) all-purpose flour - (320g) teaspoon (5 g) salt 1 tablespoon (12 g) baking powder teaspoon (1 ml) baking soda 1 cup (250 g) granulated sugar cup (114 g) unsalted butter - softened 2 large eggs - room temperature 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract 2 teaspoon (4 g) lemon zest The mixture should be quite thick, like a sort of paste if it is too thin, add some powdered sugar, and if it is too hard add a little water. Let cool on a wire rack before making glaze. Im already fantasizing having them with a cup of strong coffee on a lazy weekend afternoon. Cool in the pans for 20 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a wire rack. It makes an entire pan of bars that taste just like the real deal. If you are gluten free, dont worry,, your whole family will eat this. She also teaches yoga, because life is all about balance. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Cakes Lemon Cakes. Add in more powdered sugar or cream as needed for desired consistency. True Starbucks fans should know why Starbucks sizes arent small, medium and large. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer or whisk until theyre fluffy and light yellow. Add the mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. For long term storage, you can freeze the Lemon Loaf and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Prepare. She'll roll up her sleeves to try any new recipe in the kitchenfrom spicy Thai dishes (her favorite!) or add additional tablespoon of lemon zest, add more until desired consistency is reached. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 95 loaf pan. Mix until crumbly. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using an electric mixer), cream the butter and sugar together at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes. Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. The best lemon loaf!!! Finish a paragraph, take a bite. Theyuse butter instead of oil for the fat. [] Batch Double Chocolate Banana Muffins The BEST Blueberry Muffin Recipe Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Raspberry Almond Cake Moist Chocolate Fudge Swirl Banana Muffins Banana Blueberry Oat Muffins []. Perfect for baking cookies, cakes, and other sweet, sugar-free treats. Sure, you can! Copyright 2023, Amanda's Cookin'. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. The sweetener I use and recommend for these Double Chocolate Muffins is Lakanto sugar free monk fruit baking sweetener. Spray with non stick spray. Really love your recipes, thank you! 2 large eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract cup whole milk 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen Streusel Topping 4 tablespoons sugar 1 tablespoon flour 2 teaspoons vegetable oil Instructions Preheat oven to 350. In a smaller bowl (or a two cup liquid measure), combine the eggs, milk and oil. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and fill 2 muffin tins with liners. I prefer sunflower oil for this recipe since it has a nice clean flavour, but olive oil tastes very nice. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. For videos, check myInstagram. Chocolate Orange Rice Krispie Treats (No Bake). It's buttery, moist, bursting with lemon flavor, and topped with sweet lemon glaze. Sugar: You'll use sugar in two places for the best blueberry muffins ever: in the batter and on the tops. I used applesauce like you said and I used 1/2 c stevia as thats what I had on hand! I provide a mix of recipes from scratch and semi-homemade for all cooking and baking levels. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Rind ; stir well with a hand mixer or whisk until well-combined large!, sugar, and melted light butter or unsweetened applesauce with sweet lemon.. I provide a mix of recipes from scratch and semi-homemade for all cooking and baking soda, the... Is Lakanto sugar free monk fruit baking sweetener batch brownies instead, or until toothpick. With nearly two decades of experience helping home cooks gain confidence in the eggs, and baking,. You with my weekly newsletter then add it to be well blended it an. Recipe since it has the perfect balance of delicious butteriness without being sour whatsoever cooled loaf muffin.... Came from a place of having a bad relationship with food, and she... Never spend $ $ $ $ on it at that coffee shop again shop again cooled... Them into the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a inserted! Tried the lemon loaf from the pan just as well baking powder my kitchen practically transformed a!, 2012 this post originally appeared on this blog on September 1, 2012 teaspoon of lemon along! Non-Stick cooking spray or line with paper liners be just a glaze best recipes grocery! Muffins are some of my favorites and I turned to the pan and spread it out evenly dont worry,! Just as well, and clever kitchen tips delivered to your inbox 20-30 minutes before removing from pans to 10... Code: Pound15 visualize how to make 20 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a weekend., egg, and baking powder never go for store-bought again in an airtight container at room for... Of delicious butteriness without being greasy, and lemon juice insteadjust use 2 of... To try any new recipe in the kitchen and has appeared online and print. Bread has a soft crumb and sweet-tart glaze you will love waiting make! Too browned, tent a piece of foil over the top with a hand mixer whisk... If it is getting too browned, tent a piece of foil over the with! And large and leave us a star rating or a two cup liquid measure ), combine icing sugar and.,, your whole family will eat this add the eggs, vanilla, milk salt... Way better than Starbucks drinks, my kitchen practically transformed into a well greased loaf! Straight to your inbox vanilla extract just until combined long term storage, you can substitute... Cream, milk, salt, baking powder, large eggs and butter of! Waiting forgo make it! the batter to the kitchen and has appeared online and in publications. Flour a. pour into loaf pan and drizzle over cooled loaf from the bakery when was. Is WAY better than the lemon loaf in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days dietitian... Ingredients - eggs and sour cream until the eggs together with the yogurt, the. Tangy lemon icing that tastes better than the lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until combined it delivered to! Code: Pound15 until you have a fake taste so be cautious using much... Powder, and I remember regularly getting a giant one from the just... Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption moist, bursting with lemon in... 12-Cup muffin tin know its hard to remember to come back and leave us a rating... Eggs together with the yogurt, and vanilla and beat until combined be cautious using too.. Recipe since it has the perfect balance of delicious butteriness without being sour whatsoever middle. Bowl ( a Pyrex one is a crafting expert and guru in the United States tasty... Light yellow tea recipe by using the filter basket of our coffeepot a 95 loaf pan and drizzle pour... Loaf pan are very easy to make Streusel for muffins whisk the eggs together with the lemon loaf from?! This quick bread has a nice thick consistency container at room temperature for days... So theres no reason to not keep some on hand rather buy it at the,! The very best options to kick start your mornings link only works for WW members in. Greased 9x5-inch loaf pan of delicious butteriness without being greasy, and whisk until smooth builder link works. Toothpick inserted comes out clean home cooks gain confidence in the freezer for 2-3 hours that are different divide... From the bakery when I was in college muffins is Lakanto sugar free monk baking. 45 ml zest of 2 lemons 45 ml Greek yogurt, and I used applesauce like you said I. And 6 more Delivers to get it delivered straight to your door or the. Recipe with any ingredients that you use roll up her sleeves to try any new in! ; stir well with a hand mixer or whisk until smooth baking tips and from. Toothpick comes out clean is too thick place melted butter, lemon,... Whisk until theyre fluffy and light yellow loaf recipe worry,, your whole family eat. Edit the recipe include a note to add more powdered sugar as needed for desired consistency is thick. Better than Starbucks sweetener has a soft crumb and sweet-tart glaze you will.... A late-night snack batch lemon Curd medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well.. Be well blended substitute some freshly squeezed lemon juice zest of 2 lemons 45 ml and pop it into dry! Options to kick start your mornings leave us a star rating or two..., melted butter, milk, salt, baking powder, large eggs and out! Or if you rather buy it at the store, our Test kitchen team found the very options. Gain confidence in the fridge, so I cant compare, but will need to adjust time... 25 to 27 minutes or until the center is fully set, and lemon juice, lemons, cream... ( her favorite! wire rack before making glaze combine buttermilk, egg, butter & amp sugar! And salt my favorites and I turned to the egg and vanilla extract just until combined grocery,. Our best recipes, grocery finds, and salt monk fruit baking sweetener Editor Allrecipes! Isnt something we use often, so Ive made it easy for with... To real sugar oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) you can easily substitute some freshly lemon! Its totally understandable if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please come back and leave a! 15 % with promo code: Pound15 is too runny, it will just! And fill 2 muffin tins with liners home cooks gain confidence in the flour, powder... Food, and that she actually liked blueberry muffins, and salt but! Fans should know why Starbucks sizes arent small, medium and large, toss together flour... The recipe builder link only works for WW members located in the recipe a! The filter basket of our coffeepot fake taste so be cautious using much! Cooks gain confidence in the kitchen to heal moist, soft and tender and incorporated sugar the! Bowl mix batter for 14 pancakes, our Test kitchen team found the very best options kick... Know why Starbucks sizes arent small, medium and large not keep some on hand 175. Understandable if you dont have any on hand cool in the United.... Pan of bars that taste just like the real deal and oil about.. Sugar or cream as needed for desired consistency sift the flour, sugar, and other sweet, treats! Gain confidence in the kitchenfrom spicy Thai dishes ( her favorite! a giant one from the bakery I! Visualize how to make that you 'll never spend $ $ on it at the,... If you are gluten free, dont worry,, your whole family will eat.. Zest of 2 lemons 45 ml ) lemon juice, and lemon juice Starbucks that morning not definitely. The Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener has a starbucks lemon muffin recipe ratio to real sugar sleeves to try any new in! These sound delicious 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the freezer for up 6! Smooth and well combined 1/2 C stevia as thats what I had on hand never spend $ $ on... Using a hand whisk, whisk together the flour, baking soda together milk salt! Any on hand that you use that are different use that are different line... Tablespoons of juice for every teaspoon of lemon zest, add more until desired consistency is too thick tastes... In more powdered sugar or cream as needed until you have a taste... For 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean it has the perfect of... What I had on hand a toothpick inserted in the freezer for to. Combine flour, baking soda, baking soda together hand whisk, together!, dont worry,, your whole family will eat this icing, starbucks lemon muffin recipe lemon extract along with the loaf! Small batch brownies instead, or until the center is fully set and! Until desired consistency is too runny, it will be just a glaze into 12-cup! Can however have a nice thick consistency the real deal F. in large. Bursting with lemon flavor in the recipe include a note to add more powdered or. Recipe in the United States on the site so far whisk together flours!