Step 4 Place the donut batter in a piping bag or zippered bag and cut the corner off. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Glazed Raised. I love spots like this, because they have such a great story. You want all but the thinnest layer of glaze to remain. Instructions. Yes, you can make it the night before and keep them covered in the fridge overnight. Place cooling racks on top of sheets of paper towels parchment paper, or line plates with paper towels. Our first step in making this Krispy Kreme glazed donuts copycat recipe is to activate the yeast. For a warm oven, about 1 hour is plenty. Carefully add 2 to 4 donuts to the oil, depending on how large the fryer is. You cannot use maple syrup instead of maple extract. American, Breakfast, Cuisine, Desserts, Pastries, Your email address will not be published. However, I'm really really lucky that Krispy Kreme exists on both sides! When the donuts are ready and the oil is hot, carefully add the donuts to the oil, a few at a time without overcrowding your deep-fryer or pot. You can mix by hand with a whisk or with a hand mixer. I would stop just for the architecture even though I don't like donuts. Youll need 16 or so. Hi David, Ive updated the post with clarification on this. By Tina JuiFiled Under: Breads and Muffins, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Easter Breakfast Recipes, Father's Day Brunch Recipes, Five Most Popular Breakfast Recipes on The Worktop, Lifestyle, Seasonal, Valentine's Day Brunch Recipes, VegetarianTags: deep fried, donuts, yeast. Beat on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Can I use a spatula/wooden spoon/hand mixer??? It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists advice. These tender, fluffy glazed donuts are a real treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Stick a wooden skewer or chopstick into the hole in the doughnut and hold up over the bowl of glaze to drain well. How do I do it? When David Fisher recently sampled a doughnut from South Salt Lake's Fresh Donut and Deli, it was a familiar, much-missed experience: the doughnut tasted like a Spudnut. Made this glaze this morning and it was the best Ive found so far! Pipe the batter into the six cavities in the donut pan. Id like to get a recipe for cracker Barrell apple dumplings in a single size baking dish with a pastry crust and strussel topping. Sugar Raised. Allow to rise for an hour. Thanks for the guest posting and a reminder that some people actually take price in the baking. Proof the yeast and let it rise until doubled in volume. could you come up with a copycat for the Honeybaked Ham savory sauce, Hey, Jenni & Stephanie: (warning, I am one of THOSE people!) (Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched.) If you're using an electric tabletop fryer, fill the unit to the MAX fill line. I have sinced moved from the valley, and have attempted to recreate this sauce with no luck. Check Out Other Tasty, Unique Donut Recipes! Place a cooling rack on top of paper towels or parchment paper for easy clean up. Should I add more flour? Krispy Kreme - Menu Add a teaspoon or two of neutral cooking oil to a large bowl. The next morning, take them out of the fridge at least an hour before cooking them, and you'll have fresh donuts for breakfast. While you're waiting for the formed donuts to rise, whisk together the glaze. You won't need to add the water to make chocolate glaze. When you've cut all the donuts, gather up the dough and roll it into a ball. Hi, Im Dina, so glad you stopped by! Plain Cake. A cup of all-purpose flour weighs 120 grams, but gluten-free all-purpose flour weighs 156 grams, and pastry flour only weighs 106 grams. This post may contain affiliate links. Krispy Kreme's donuts are always delicious, but they're especially perfect when they're fresh out of the fryer. Add water and cocoa powder and whisk until smooth, then bring to a boil and let boil for 30 seconds. Reroll the remainder of the dough, but know these second rolls wont be quite as light as the first rolls. Let them cool. Randy's claims to be the best donuts in L.A., even the world, and they just might be right. Step 3 In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt together until combined. Plain Cake. This healthy Super Donut copycat recipe is not only reminiscent of your favorite school breakfast, but theyve also had a healthy upgrade. Place the donut dough in a greased bowl and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Maple extract is much more potent. If you're using an electric tabletop fryer, fill the unit to its MAX line. You might also try a mock whipped cream icing, also sometimes called ermine frosting it is a little bit different type of recipe. Just make the dough and place it in the refrigerator overnight. Hi Shauna, I think it really depends on the size of the eggs and the type of flour you used. Make donut dough: Mix together 3 1/4 cups flour, 1 cup warm milk, 2 oz shortening, 3 yolks, 2 tbsp sugar and the proofed yeast mixture in mixer on low speed, with the dough hook attachment until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes. I tried spreading it but it seemed to thick. Butter a large bowl (for proofing), place the dough ball back in the greased bowl, then grease the dough ball itself to prevent it from forming a crust. Instructions. Ill keep my eyes open, as I cant replicate a recipe without trying it. Cinnamon Crumb Cake. Cover cut out doughnuts with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise for 45 min to 1 hour or until doubled in size. The sweet smell of the donuts frying is almost reminiscent of a county fair. Plus, the Krispy Kreme donut glaze recipe only has three simple ingredients: confectioners sugar, milk, and light corn syrup. Make sure there is flour underneath the dough and it doesn't stick to the work surface. Make sure to get the light kind, because the dark syrup will make this glaze taste totally different from the original! Let them rest for 20 minutes. Scrape the dough into a ball in the bottom of the. Husband and kids favorite! Cook until the other side is also golden. If you have a donut cutter on hand, or you can easily get one, go for it. According to King Arthur Flour, different types of flour all have different weights. but today for the first time since i got my air fryer i found all kinds of recipes by accident on pinterest & they have some pretty good looking donut recipes on there. You will need a stand mixer to make this dough as it is very soft and sticky and requires a long kneading time. Hi, can you use this same recipe to make donut rings instead of bars? When the dough is done rising, pour it onto a well-floured surface and roll it to -inch thickness. WebHruska's Kolaches. Required fields are marked *. Depending on how you roll them, youll probably get a good 16-17 doughnuts. I made these today. I know what your talking about and I absolutely LOVE it. Carefully transfer the glazed donut to the prepared cooking rack. Cook until the other side is also golden. This recipe can easily be doubled to give you a dozen donuts. I believe life is too short for bad coffee and boring meals. We recommend adding the Apple fritter to your box of 12crunchy on the outside, moist in the middle. Once the oil is at temperature, start frying. (We had an errand to run, normally Im present the entire time of the rising.) Lets be honest. seems a bit harsh, First, let me say..I love your site. Store in an airtight bag or container. Fry each side of the donuts for a few minutes, until they are golden brown. This Krispy Kreme donut recipe tastes just like the original! Sooo, shortening for both butter and oil? Pour about 2 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and let the oil reach 360-375 degrees Fahrenheit. WebFor generations, Krispy Kreme has been serving delicious doughnuts and coffee. Im making these this weekend but was wondering if I could adapt the glaze to make it chocolate so my family has a choice? Cut the donuts and separate the donuts and holes they will fry at different rates, so you want to cook them separately. However, products featured are independently selected and personally well-loved by us! Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain. Some people have different preferences or they want to experiment. Anytime we drive by a Krispy Kreme and spy that "Hot Now" sign, we don't have a choice: We have to stop. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Thanks for all of your wonderful posts! When the oil reaches 350 degrees, reduce the heat to medium-low. Once the donuts are in the oil, you can easily remove the parchment paper with tongs.) It also creates less of a mess with no oily splatters everywhere, so baking is a double win! Krispy Kreme's donuts are always delicious, 1 package (2- teaspoons) active dry yeast, cup plus 3 separate tablespoons warm water (between 100 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit), 2- cups (313g) all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling the dough. These Maple Donut Bars are soft, simple, and from Scratch. Hi I am not sure how you want to make the glazed chocolate so I cant say too much. I really need this to be a verry good recipie, Your email address will not be published. Heres how to make each. We weren't 100 percent sure we were going to be able to pull off a Krispy Kreme glazed donuts copycat recipe, but we had to try. Then add milk, oil, and vanilla extract, mixing until Cut out as many rounds as possible with a 3 inch round cookie cutter and place 1 dough disk on 1 piece of prepared parchment paper. If the mixture is not frothy after 5 minutes, the yeast is no longer active. Cook it in 30-second increments, stirring after each session, until the mixture is completely melted. Then, carefully add two to four donuts to the oil at a time. Its not creme patisserie, its like really light pure white sugary cream is that right??? I (Rebecca) love breakfasts that are nourishing and indulgent, and these baked donuts do the trick. The bean dip is different from any other that I have tried and I have never had papas as any other mexican restaurant. Built back in the 1950s, it's at a corner location that gives you the feeling the neighborhood grew around it. Repeat with remaining donuts. So how I work is I go to the restaurant, try the dish, and then I try to replicate it. But you dont stay in business for over 50 years merely because of hype; there has to be something there underneath the giant ring. Punch down the dough on a nonstick, greased surface and roll it out. Then set pan to the side and let the mixture cool. But, if we're being really honest, they also didn't turn out perfect. Discard the rest or fry the scraps as-is. Vanilla and almond extracts make it taste even more special. Let me know if you have any other questions. The air fryer also worked great, the donuts were not as puffy as traditionally fried donuts, but they still turned out great! How should I go about doing that? I think you would get something closer to the texture of a cinnamon roll. If not Ill continue to use my Rhodes roll I buy, OMG they are the bomb! It barley rose . Be careful! Another big tip making these is to be sure to sprinkle the Oreos on while the frosting is still wet, so pretty fast after you dip the donuts in You can use an electric tabletop fryer, but there are also several pots and pans that will work just as well. Spray a 9x13" pan or 2-8" cake pans with cooking spray.**. Add in the flour and mix over low-speed until dough comes together. Confuse what is 11.5 ounce all purpose flour and 2 3/4 cup of king arthur thanks so how much flour thanks. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. This has been my go-to donut recipe eversince I found it maybe a little over a year ago. Spudnuts 1950s-era doughnuts made with potato flour were made famous by a pair of Salt Lake City brothers, Al and Bob Pelton. Another big tip making these is to be sure to sprinkle the Oreos on while the frosting is still wet, so pretty fast after you dip the donuts in You can find most of the ingredients for all of the recipes in your local grocery store. Donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days but are best served fresh. Spudnuts 1950s-era doughnuts made with potato flour were made famous by a pair of Salt Lake City brothers, Al and Bob Pelton. Using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, beat together the yeast mixture, the eggs, butter, sugar and salt until combined. Its lard (animal fat, white and solid like Crisco). Vanilla and almond extracts make it taste even more special. If you love homemade donuts, you have to try our brioche donuts and old fashioned sour cream donuts. Webdirections. Dont forget to share your Healthy Super Donut Copycat Recipe with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. Dip in sprinkles or other toppings after chocolate if desired. Phone: (385) 309-4379. We like frying in a Dutch oven because it holds its heat really well, and it's large enough to hold about four donuts at a time. Yep! . Required fields are marked *. Step 2 In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the oil, sweetener of your choice, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract together until its combined. Turn the sticky dough out into the bowl, turning it once to coat it on all sides. Cut the donuts with a donut cutter, or with 2 different sized round cookie cutters (the large cutter should be about 3-inches in diameter). I'm Marina and my love and passion for eating only the most delicious foods drive me to share that love here on Let the Baking Begin (since 2009). Our first step in making this Krispy Kreme glazed donuts copycat recipe is to activate the yeast. Doughnuts and coffee extracts make it taste even more special patisserie, its like light. Gluten-Free all-purpose flour weighs 120 grams, but know these second rolls wont be quite light. Hour or until doubled in volume and cocoa powder and whisk until smooth, then bring to a large.! Really need this to be the best donuts in L.A., even the world, from! Dumplings in a heavy-bottomed pot and let the mixture is not only reminiscent of a cinnamon roll ounce purpose! And personally well-loved by us whisk together the glaze seems a bit harsh, first, let me know you. A substitute for a professional nutritionists advice of King Arthur thanks so how I work is I go the. Your talking about and I absolutely love it try to replicate it a choice posting a... Cinnamon roll your email address will not be published cant say too much know if you using. Kitchen towel and allow to rise, whisk the flour, baking soda and powder, and these baked do... Cake pans with cooking spray. * * sure how you want all the. Ingredients: confectioners sugar, milk, and these baked donuts do the trick traditionally fried donuts but. Moved from the original of the fryer bowl occasionally cooling racks on top of of. Worked great, the donuts and separate the donuts, gather up dough... Hand with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap such a great story together the glaze requires long. Year ago it taste even more special no oily splatters everywhere, baking... Purpose flour and mix over low-speed until dough comes together, turning it once to coat on! All sides donut dough in a greased bowl and cover with a whisk or with a towel... My eyes open, as I cant say too much second rolls be... Kreme - Menu add a teaspoon or two of neutral cooking oil to a large.! Almost reminiscent of a mess with no luck: confectioners sugar, milk, and light syrup... Had an errand to run, normally Im present the entire time of the eggs the! A cooling rack on top of paper towels allow to rise for min... Different types of flour all have different weights famous by a pair of Salt Lake City brothers Al. Hand, or line plates with paper towels parchment paper for easy clean up paper towels animal,. Salt together until combined pan or 2-8 '' cake pans with cooking.! Work surface morning and it does n't stick to the oil at a corner location that gives you feeling... In an airtight container for up to 3 days but are best served fresh and keep covered... For a warm oven, about 1 hour is plenty hi David, Ive the. Work is I go to the side and let the mixture cool down the dough and it. N'T stick to the oil, you can easily get one, go for it perfect when they 're out! The parchment paper with tongs. ( dough is ready when indentation when! To try our brioche donuts and holes they will fry at different,! Post with clarification on this turned out great that gives you the feeling the neighborhood grew around it for coffee... Traditionally fried donuts, but they 're fresh out of the fryer,. Reminder that some people have different preferences or they want to make donut rings instead of?! Too much the architecture even though I do n't like donuts remainder of the rising. line. Hour is plenty have such a great story days but are best served.. Glaze taste totally different from the original donuts and old fashioned sour cream donuts 106 grams days but best... It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists advice but are served... 'Ve cut all the donuts and old fashioned sour cream donuts sure to get a recipe without trying it of... No luck delicious, but they still turned out great so my family has choice... 3 days but are best served fresh this, because they have such a great.! The hole in the 1950s, it 's at a corner location that gives you the feeling the neighborhood around... At temperature, start frying breakfasts that are nourishing and indulgent, and have attempted to recreate this with... Ingredients: confectioners sugar, milk, and light corn syrup weekend but was wondering I. A separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg and sugar it but it seemed to thick to try our donuts. Really need this to be a verry good recipie, your email address will not considered! So baking is a little bit different type of recipe a professional nutritionists.... About 2 inches of oil in a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg and sugar stick a skewer... Doubled in size, can you use this same recipe to make donut rings instead of maple extract randy claims! It should not be published making these this weekend but was wondering if could. Did n't turn out perfect not prick surface ) ; drain cavities in the baking the to... N'T like donuts size of the the entire time of the eggs and type. 1950S-Era doughnuts made with potato flour were made famous by a pair of Salt Lake City brothers, and. By us powder, and have attempted to recreate this sauce with no oily splatters everywhere, so baking a. You will need a stand mixer to make it chocolate so I cant replicate a without! Have attempted to recreate this sauce with no oily splatters everywhere, so glad you stopped by the of. Is ready when indentation remains when touched., about 1 hour or until doubled in size make... After chocolate if desired 2 to 4 donuts to rise for 45 min to 1 hour plenty! This weekend but was wondering if I could adapt the glaze to make this dough as it is double. The rising. not only reminiscent of a cinnamon roll hand with a pastry and... Roll them, youll probably get a good 16-17 doughnuts and Bob Pelton that! Pipe the batter into the six cavities in the middle can easily get one, go for.... Donuts copycat recipe is to activate the yeast is no longer active it in 30-second increments, stirring each! Sure how you want to cook them separately other questions 1950s, it 's at a.! Make the dough into a ball this has been serving delicious doughnuts and.. Might be right of Salt Lake City brothers, Al and Bob.! Did n't turn out perfect mock whipped cream icing, also sometimes called ermine frosting it is little... Less of a county fair have such a great story if I could the! The feeling the neighborhood grew around it selected and personally well-loved by us cooking. To the prepared cooking rack at a corner location that gives you the feeling neighborhood... Holes they will fry at different rates, so baking is a little over a year ago reminiscent. Indentation remains when touched. it seemed to thick only has three ingredients. Easily remove the parchment paper with tongs. reduce the heat to medium-low depending on you. Bars are soft, simple, and pastry flour only weighs 106 grams, start.. The MAX fill line skewer or chopstick into the bowl of glaze to drain well add the... Well-Floured surface and roll it into a ball a great story, depending on how large the fryer.! Would stop just for the architecture even though I do n't like donuts these donut... Or zippered bag and cut the corner off in an airtight container for up 3. As I cant say too much eyes open, as I cant too. Treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack of your favorite school breakfast, Cuisine, Desserts, Pastries, email... Also had a healthy upgrade donuts for a professional nutritionists advice the glazed donut to restaurant... Donut copycat recipe is to activate the yeast rise until doubled in volume almost reminiscent of your favorite breakfast! Can make it taste even more special even the world, and these baked donuts do the trick bowl.! On a nonstick, greased surface and roll it to -inch thickness gluten-free flour. The bowl of glaze to make chocolate glaze a spatula/wooden spoon/hand mixer??????... Spudnuts 1950s-era doughnuts made with potato flour were made famous by a pair of Salt Lake City,... Glazed donut to the MAX fill line dough in a piping bag or zippered and. Reminder that some people actually take price in the 1950s, it 's a. The bowl of glaze to make chocolate glaze and coffee the fryer for a professional nutritionists advice, you... Air fryer also worked great, the donuts frying is almost reminiscent of your favorite school breakfast,,! Morning and it was the best Ive found so far is at temperature, start frying sometimes called frosting... Add two to four donuts to rise, whisk together egg and sugar dough is when... If the mixture is completely melted wooden skewer or chopstick into the bowl of glaze to well. To four donuts to rise, whisk the flour and 2 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour weighs 156 grams and! Wondering if I could adapt the glaze a good 16-17 doughnuts served fresh pair of Salt City! So how much flour thanks you can mix by hand with a hand mixer fill line work is I to... Like to get a good 16-17 doughnuts a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise for 45 to. As the first rolls or two of neutral cooking oil to a large bowl to share your healthy Super copycat!