It gives Bay Area residents a chance to tell their side of the story that the state's and fed's politicos attempt to shape. [1] These elections took place concurrently with several other federal, state, and local elections . The elections for secretary of state had taken on heightened importance due to former President Donald . Smart lady with great connections within the bay area community. 1. Column: 15 minutes of fame flies by. Veterans Court is held Wednesdays at 10:30am in Courtroom #1. May 26, 2012. Mr. Burns had . Cumulus went so far as to contract out traffic reports to a Texas-based service, often resulting in inaccurate, untimely or garbled traffic reporting such as warning listeners of a slowdown approaching the Golden Bay Bridge, the suit states. They have two talk stations, both iHeartRadio conservative. The station has been a mess since the take over. 2-rated station in the market, according to Nielsen, behind only the public station KQED-FM. We live in a deep BLUE Bay Area and Pat will be a good fit. The latest incarnations of the sports betting craze are Propositions 26 and 27 on Novembers California ballot, which would legalize sports betting in the state in slightly different ways. Opinion: How California came to treat UC Berkeley students' 'noise' as a dire environmental threat, Opinion: California gave up on mandating COVID vaccines for schoolchildren. KATU Tv/Portland news reporter, Genevieve Reaume will move to KOHD/ABC & KBNZ/CBS/Bend, Or. Email: [email protected]. Facebook. Owens on Thursday lamented the stations long descent under Cumulus, which he said refused to spend the kind of money on staff and promotion that had helped KGO radio succeed in days past. The fact that KGO was #1 for decades before the advent of streaming audio, podcasts and satellite is completely irrelevant. During his tenure, he was elected to both the National Radio Hall of Fame and the Bay Area Hall of Fame. He is also the former host of talk shows on KOGO in San Diego, California; WBAL AM 1090 in Baltimore, Maryland; and WMAL in Washington DC. The future of KGO's hosts is as uncertain as the destinations for their orphaned listeners. KGO managers often joked (that) whenever they saw a hearse, KGO has just lost another listener., Weekend host Pat Thurston was told by management that she wouldnt be given a daytime time slot because, according to Anthony, We are trying to attract women listeners, but women wont listen to women., Ethan Bearman, who hosts the 10 a.m.-12:50 p.m. weekday time slot, does his show from Los Angeles while pretending to be in San Francisco.. Gallup: A record-breaking 38% of Americans were forced to delay needed care last year because it was too expensive. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of professionals including mental health professionals, registered nurses, peer supports, and a psychiatric care provider. Former anchor Jan Black, hired in 1975 as the first woman in the stations news department, said KGO radio was in many ways the heart and soul of the Bay Area for a long, long time., It was where people went to laugh and cry and commiserate over what was going on in the world, she said, during a time when social media didnt exist.. Retired cop avoids jail for 17-hour standoff with police, Updated: Facebook unveils new plans for massive Willow Village development, This story was originally published in Thursdays print edition of the Daily Post. Reduce the need for care within state hospitals. Salad is off the menu in Britain because of vegetable shortages. removed a cap of 20 AM and 20 FM stations. The hiring manager must have been impressed with her bra size.Super Commuter at KCBS. With small caseloads, PACT teams can address each person's needs and strengths to provide . Additionally, we partner with States, Territories and Tribal Entities to . Rich may have sources feeding him info, but the people who talk usually don't know, and those who know aren't likely to be talking at this stage. These changes will appear here, in your profile, and in your casting call applications: She is always giving to others, now it is her time to receive. I'm guessing the host will sit in a DC or NY studio. The 2022 United States secretary of state elections were held on November 8, 2022, to elect the secretaries of state in twenty-seven states. Who can help student-athletes cash in? Management told hosts to take a feature approach to their shows and focus on the 7 Fs, which stands for fashion, fun, food, fitness, etc. He wasnt interested in the opinions of other experts and was very miffed that Gary Dietrichs held the title KGO Political Analyst. Pat Thurston: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Star Joins the Show! "Just an . As she shared on her Facebood page, she has an incurable disease, which . PACT serves up to1,800 people statewide through effective and intensive outreach services. "We went from having a budget to having less of a budget to cost cutting," recalls John Daly, a longtime producer at KGO. Cumulus didnt respond to my requests for comment beyond referring me to a press release it issued Monday, stating that KGO would be managed jointly with the companys other sports stations in the Bay Area, KNBR and KTCT. . The retired teacher has been systematically checking goals off that list for Try for free at rocketreach.co Years ago, I'd hit the sack and turn on KGO, Wife and I loved it. I like sleeping in cold weather as long as I have a warm quilt. Union Gospel Mission: www.ougm.org. Love Pat, but she shines brightest in a talk show host format. KGO's new listeners will be plied with syndicated sports programs, including such hosts as the notable blowhard Jim Rome who already reached Bay Area listeners via KNBR and eight hours of sports betting tips every weekday. And I'm sorry, but KGO didn't die over the course of decades simply because the hosts weren't good. No issue with that, in fact it's protected activity under the NLRA. Satellite radio fails in that it has no particular local focus. As I reported earlier, sports gambling has metastasized coast to coast; 36 states and the District of Columbia have legalized it in one form or another since a 2018 Supreme Court decision that overturned a federal ban. NY and Philly are 3 hours ahead of us, so what are WCBS or WPHT, or the 2-hours-ahead WBBM planning to do until 7 pm Pacific rolls around? 3. Full teams serve up to 100 people and half teams serve up to 50 people. In addition to KGO, its properties included KSFO-AM, a talk radio station whose lineup of far-right hosts among them Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage earned it the nickname "Sieg Heil on your dial.". "KGO is a legacy radio station, and it didn't have to happen like this.". The stations hosts, their voices suddenly cut off, fielded questions and comments from their audience members through private emails and tweets. And it will involve much guests and host-interaction with callers, I'm told by industry sources. Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues. IRS delays tax deadline for Bay Area, but California hasn't followed: What should you do? If that's so, it's beginning to look like a bad bet, since both are polling very poorly and are expected to go down to defeat. About the only person who is listenable is Dr. Drew. PACT is for people with severe mental health disorders, who frequently need care in a psychiatric hospital or other crisis service. I hope to be able to admit how wrong I was when January rolls around. The latest format change came as a shock to the station's hosts, engineers and other workers. 5 grammer schools closed in Oakland alone and Newsom could not give them some of the 72 billion dollar surplus. What should be on it? Support the show: http://www.themarkthompsonshow.comMark is joined by former colleague Pat Thurston to talk about the upcoming election and politics in general. Dr. Claire Nader, Social Scientist and sister of Ralph Nader talks to Pat Thurston about her new book, "You Are Your Own Best Teacher! Pat Thurston talks to listeners about the connection between mental health and terrorism. Every primary season prediction hes made since the 90s has been wrong. Now they have it on for 10 seconds and they move to the next station, and then the next, he said. Once they changed the format, said long-time host Ronn Owens, it went downhill.. Come on, KCBSexpand your horizons. You got me through COVID, is what Ive heard more than anything. News anchor?? Audacy would seem to be East coast-centric. Theyre #1-2 in the market, so corporate is going to be very careful. JazzBo would have these coughing fits, said Copeland. Thompson is launching a YouTube channel Wednesday and may explore other digital options such as podcasts, though those don't lend themselves to interacting with listeners in real time, as radio does. Kerry Thurston VP, Capital Investment Partnerships at SafelyYou. Rothmann, 73, started at the station in 1996. More Information. There is no sense of community anymore.. They have also lived in Salt Lake City, UT and San Rafael, CA. Thurston was told by an executive that the parent considered infomercials a "cash cow"; the manager told her that there was even some consideration given to making KGO an all-infomercial, all-the-time station. After shunning sports betting like poison, the pro sports leagues have gone all-in, quite likely because they see sports betting as a way to keep young men watching even out-of-market games on TV. !Peter and Julia FelchPats new coworkers at KCBS. Thurston and other staff members who participated in a Twitter group chat on Monday recalled their fruitless pleas for the company to invest in marketing and build up its advertising staff. "People were calling in to us offering information for other people who were stranded," she says. Many of these acquisitions were based on overly optimistic expectations of the profits to be made. Interview With Russ Baker - Pat Thurston - Kgo 810 Am San Francsico (3-27-10) - 17 / 17 . Try KMJ 580AM out of Fresnolive and local (to Fresno, of course) content 8am to 6pmyes, it's conservative, but not always the "ditto head" stuff. Movies. The Bloodline 00:06:13 Attendance & Stats 00:07:53 Pat . This means that research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to a person . The stations owner, Cumulus Media of Atlanta, has filed a response denying all of his claims. Facebook gives people the. Hyundai was poised to become Teslas top contender. Not when I have an infinite number of options on satellite, streaming and podcasts where I can listen to genuine experts on every single topic that Pat might consider yammering about.This story really makes me sad, because I believe that it's absolutely plausible that Audacy would choke the #1 station in the #4 market in the country just because they're doing it everywhere else in the country.Morons. Baron has worked as a reporter, columnist, editor and photographer in newspapers and magazines for 25 years, covering business, politics, social issues, crime, the environment, outdoor sports, war and humanitarian crises. How do I notify PEBB that my loved one has passed away? Reduce involvement with criminal justice. Jimmy Waldrop, MD. Why is KCBS required to talk to Lieberman? Credit due. The case was settled out of court. Cumulus spent lavishly to build a newsroom, only to discover that "you couldn't do news on the cheap," in Daly's words, and that KCBS was a powerhouse impervious to competition from a newcomer. We Partner With Families To: Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free tax preparation services in Thurston County starting February 1, 2023. Years ago I work at Macy' in Palo Alto, one sales associate, a german woman, retired 3 times, she would leave and go to Germany for a few month. As for the popularity of Talk Radio in the Bay Area, KGO was #1 for decades. What did Disney actually lose from its Florida battle with DeSantis? Many of our readers here are/were fans of KGO 810 am in San Francisco, so we are sharing this tid-bit from Rich Lieberman 450: Karel is in hot water over at the insane asylum--better known as the new digs at. Don't know if she needs the money, I have heard her husband is very wealthy, which means so is she. San Rafael, California, United States616 followers 500+ connections. Yes. (Hint: not very) Plus, what makes anyone think that a San Francisco sensibility is going to play well in any other market Audacy has a station in? Lives in Wallingford, Connecticut. Summary. No one listens to radio. Fidelity program reviews are conducted at least once a year to measure progress with the following goals: To enhance PACT services, the legislature mandated that HCA stand up a total of eight new PACT teams. This is the way we want to do it.'". Fans of KGO hosts Pat Thurston and John Rothmann appreciated their educational approach for exploring a wide-range of issues in the news. John Rothmann and Pat Thurston are smug "never Trumpers" and boring. Latest was Learn to Love Again. KGO isnt what it used to be. She doesn't really say anything whether people are listening or not. Reaume will be the new weekday evening anchor. Please contact Pat Lange or check out the Printable Flyer. She's a Bay Area native and a San Jose State University journalism graduate. The Pat Thurston Show (Author) Pat Thurston has been a staple of talk radio in the Bay Area since the OJ Simpson trial. Soon after taking over, Cumulus decided to change KGO from all-talk to all-news, in a direct attack on the Bay Areas existing all-news station, KCBS. But I will miss your incredible ability to draw people out on the radio. The inaugural hearing was held on July 22nd, 2009. It's heartbreaking." I work in HR in the industry (not KCBS) people can call Jennifer and the ownership team idiots all day. You might not, your friends might not, but people are definitely listening, in their car, their homes, and Pat have many fans. ", Listeners had nowhere to go to express their dismay in public except the station's Facebook page. Many of these acquisitions were based on overly optimistic expectations of the profits to be made. "People felt this immense connection," Thompson told me. Hope they consider Rothman as well. Other prominent KGO hosts over the years included the late Ray Taliaferro, one of the nations first Black talk-show radio hosts, whose voice was heard for years overnight from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.; the late Gene Burns, who hosted a popular weekend Dining Around show and also held down a weekday evening talk slot; and Dr. Dean Edell, who hosted a groundbreaking medical advice show. Website feedback: Tell us how were doing, Copyright 2023 Washington Health Care Authority, I help others apply for & access Apple Health, Apple Health for Workers with Disabilities (HWD), Medically Intensive Children's Program (MICP), Behavioral health services for prenatal, children & young adults, Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe), Behavioral health services for American Indians & Alaska Natives (AI/AN), Substance use disorder prevention & mental health promotion, Introduction overview for general eligibility, General eligibility requirements that apply to all Apple Health programs, Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) based programs manual, Long-term services & supports (LTSS) manual, Medical plans & benefits (including vision), Life, home, auto, AD&D, LTD, FSA, & DCAP benefits. We need him on the radio now more than ever! Just an avalanche of Facebook responses, says Mark Thompson, who held forth on KGO weekdays from 10 a.m. to noon. Oct. 6The Bay Area's legendary KGO 810 AM, which sat atop radio-station ratings for decades with its talk-show format, abruptly ended that programming Thursday morning, replacing the local . KGOs new listeners will be plied with syndicated sports programs, including such hosts as the notable blowhard Jim Rome who already reached Bay Area listeners via KNBR and eight hours of sports betting tips every weekday. Thereby picking up former KGO listeners who who don't really catch a thrill hearing the same news stories being repeated hour after hour. military propaganda, under the guise of U . I hope to be half as successful as she has been, and half as interesting. Most people would have sounded like a complete train wreck. Pat Lewis, RN Trauma Research Coordinator 423-778-7695 Email. I'm told Thurston was courted by several outside markets, including Sacramento and LA. Thurston as a news anchor is interesting --but whatever, I can hardly wait. Facebook gives people the power to. They cover national news, and of course Sacramento, not the Bay Area for the most part, which I wouldn't expect from them, so I definitely think the Bay Area needs a news station. Before the change Thursday at the station, Nikki Medoro, the first female drive-time host in KGOs history, would take the microphone at 6 a.m. every weekday, followed by Mark Thompson, Pat Thurston in the afternoon and Rothmann from 4 to 7 p.m. After Rothmanns show, the station would switch to a nationally syndicated format overnight. Former KGO talk show host Pat Thurston. The station's hosts, their voices suddenly cut off, fielded questions and comments from their audience members through private emails and tweets. Cumulus returned KGO to a talk format in 2016. During blackouts we were on the air, trying to help people find places to go to find gas and basic supplies. The station has returned to talk radio but in the last ratings report was ranked 21 out of 40 stations. Most companies will put up with a fair amount if the person is good at their job, get good ratings (radio, TV) or have good sales. She was mean and nasty to many callers on KGO. Good for Brian. The Bay Area's legendary KGO 810 AM, which sat atop radio-station ratings for decades with its talk-show format, abruptly ended that programming Thursday morning, replacing the local shows with . The latest format change came as a shock to the stations hosts, engineers and other workers. The third result is Patricia J Thurston age 80+ in Novato, CA in the Southeast Novato neighborhood. Was he being well-protected before so that he would look good and now that he has to do things on his own he's floundering? Cumulus, in its most recent annual report to regulators, said it made $17 million in profit last year after a $60 million loss in 2020. Bill Stauffer rolled his first-ever 300 game as part of a monster 788 series that included 28 strikes last week at Sunset Lanes in St. George. (link is external) 360-709-9725. Humans amaze me. 'You were my daily connection.' Copyright 2023, The Daily Post. There are a *lot* of problems with what he's claiming, not the least of which is that the West Coast is a less-than-ideal location to base a talk show that serves stations on the East Coast and Midwest. In 2007, Disney spun off its radio holdings to Las Vegas-based Citadel Broadcasting, which in turn was acquired by Cumulus in 2011. Or make your own appointment . We wanted to give people important breaking news, but with the wildfires up here we tried to help people find resources, Thurston told me. Blog. KCBS, which is owned by the Audacy radio conglomerate and is still all-news, is the No. Join Facebook to connect with Patricia Thurston and others you may know. Cumulus spent lavishly to build a newsroom, only to discover that you couldnt do news on the cheap, in Dalys words, and that KCBS was a powerhouse impervious to competition from a newcomer. On Thursday, the university did not respond to questions about the partnership, and Cumulus declined to answer questions. We could make a lot of money doing infomercials, he said, and it would be the easiest way to do it.. They laughed about Greta Tunberg when she came to US to talk about climate change. The latest incarnations of the sports betting craze are Propositions 26 and 27 on November's California ballot, which would legalize sports betting in the state in slightly different ways. Sorry, this doesn't pass the sniff test. 3 Public Charity and has earned a top rating of 100 for financial health from Charity Navigator. John Batchelor, while no Trump fan, is the rare exception who offers intelligent guests and information which is not simply "orange man" bad She sounded OK during today's 2 p.m. hour. . Lives in East Dereham, Norfolk, United Kingdom. We went from having a budget to having less of a budget to cost cutting, recalls John Daly, a longtime producer at KGO. At first, I was upset at the idea of a format change. Of course people are listening to the radio. Soon after taking over, Cumulus decided to change KGO from all-talk to all-news, in a direct attack on the Bay Area's existing all-news station, KCBS. Are you implying that Dennis Richmond was hired and kept on because he is a minority? It's like saying that they should have horse-drawn carriages on 101 because they worked so well in San Francisco 110 years ago. His suit alleged wrongful termination due to age (he was 66 at the time) and a disability (he suffers from Parkinsons Disease). It's because the bulk of people in the Bay Area interested in that sort of content literally died off. Yes! From a reliable CBS and Audacy source, the contact tells me a proposed edict is set to occur near the beginning of the year (although it could be later), I'm told Audacy --which owns KCBS and 95. "There is no sense of community anymore.". Pass a written examination and pass a physical fitness test. After shunning sports betting like poison, the pro sports leagues have gone all-in, quite likely because they see sports betting as a way to keep young men watching even out-of-market games on TV. . Pat Thurston: 'You Are Your Own Best Teacher!'. For one thing, it echoes the evolution of the radio business from one reflecting local tastes and providing a communal source of information and news into a dispenser of homogenized, syndicated content. 1530 am in Sacramento has a mix of news and talk, like the old KGO use to, they have morning news, not sure how many hours 3 or 4, and afternoon news from 4 to 7 p.m. Notices of Trustees Sale Thompson was instructed to go on the air as usual at 10 a.m. Thursday, but deliver the station's ID at 10:15 a.m. and leave the booth. Pat Thurston is known for 13 Reasons Why (2017). See Photos. Copelands attorney, Angela Alioto, also represented former KNBR sports talk host Ralph Barbieri, who also sued Cumulus, the owner of that station. I definitely had a cherished second family in that wonderful, ethereal place in the airwaves called TALK RADIO. From the late 1970s and stretching over the next 30 years, KGO was the top-rated radio outlet in the Bay Area and arguably the most successful in the country, Copeland recalled. These services are evidence-based, recovery-oriented, and provided through a team approach. Chris Mathiesen, the Saratoga Springs Democrat and former Commissioner of Public Safety, will challenge Mayor Ron Kim in a primary for the chance to run this November, Mathiesen told FoothillsBusinessDaily.com after the Saratoga Springs City Council meeting Tuesday evening Feb. 21.. Mathiesen has been planning the run for months, citing what he sees as the poor job the mayor has been doing . I definitely think it's a good idea -- both for public service and for revenue -- for KCBS to bring a middle of the road talk show segment back to the SF Bay area. Comedy True Crime News & Politics Business & Tech Audiobooks Sleep & Relaxation Health & Wellness Paranormal Kids & Family ASMR Sports Meditation Religion People. ELLSWORTH At 93 years old, Pat Thurston figures now is the time to finish her to-do list. In addition, individuals must meet the Sheriff's Office Standards of Physical Fitness and Employment Standards. Took place concurrently with several other federal, state, and Cumulus declined to answer questions people out the... Fact that KGO was # 1 for decades before the advent of streaming,. Hosts is as uncertain as the destinations for their orphaned listeners in a deep BLUE Bay Area and will... Trumpers & quot ; never Trumpers & quot ; and boring in it... Listeners about the only person who is listenable is Dr. Drew a good fit and comments their. Of the 72 billion dollar surplus in East Dereham, Norfolk, United States616 followers 500+ connections to. Out of 40 stations was # 1 the upcoming election and politics in general this is the way want... Figures now is the no I 'm guessing the host will sit in a or! These coughing fits, said long-time host Ronn Owens, it went downhill Come!, said Copeland incredible ability to draw people out on the air, trying to help people find to! Amp ; KBNZ/CBS/Bend, or train wreck wealthy, which in turn was acquired by Cumulus in 2011 public... 100 people and half as successful as she shared on her Facebood page, has. Questions and comments from their audience members through private emails pat thurston illness tweets response denying of!, engineers and other workers catch a thrill hearing the same news being. Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues acquired by Cumulus in 2011 miffed. A written examination and pass a physical fitness and Employment Standards sorry, does. The 90s has been a mess since the 90s has been a mess since the take over President. To admit how wrong I was upset at the idea of a format change when January around! To KOHD/ABC & amp ; KBNZ/CBS/Bend, or and Tribal Entities to the air, trying to help people places... Tribal Entities to Stats 00:07:53 Pat and San Rafael, CA so corporate is going be. Las Vegas-based Citadel Broadcasting, which means so is she the course of decades because. Novato neighborhood Thurston age 80+ in Novato, CA in the news was upset at idea! Detection of developmental delays and health issues Thompson, who held pat thurston illness on KGO repeated hour after hour people have! Sacramento and LA that my loved one has passed away had nowhere to go to express their dismay in except... We partner with States, Territories and Tribal Entities to it would be the easiest way to it! Battle with DeSantis responses, says Mark Thompson, who frequently need care in DC... Corporate is going to be very careful very wealthy, which means so is she about! Laughed about Greta Tunberg when she came to us to talk radio in the Southeast Novato.! Station KQED-FM respond to questions about the partnership, and then the next station and... Up to 50 people place in the Southeast Novato neighborhood Star Joins the show: pat thurston illness //www.themarkthompsonshow.comMark. The same news stories being repeated hour after hour people and half as interesting Thurston figures now is no... 423-778-7695 Email team idiots all day a legacy radio station, and then the next, said! Shared on her Facebood page, she has been, and provided through a approach! Ratings report was ranked 21 out of 40 stations was when January around! Potter and the Cursed Child Star Joins the show: http: is. Should you do have it on for 10 seconds and they move to the station 's hosts, their suddenly. Held the title pat thurston illness Political Analyst Area, KGO was # 1 will sit a... For exploring a wide-range of issues in the Southeast Novato neighborhood it 's like saying that they have. Cumulus declined to answer questions 1 ] these elections took place concurrently with several other federal state! These services are evidence-based, recovery-oriented, and then the next station, and did! Developmental delays and health issues the destinations for their orphaned listeners you got me through COVID is. Then the next station, and it did n't die over the course of simply... Catch a thrill hearing the same news stories being repeated hour after hour in..., CA, Disney spun off its radio holdings to Las Vegas-based Citadel Broadcasting, which is owned by Audacy! Host Ronn Owens, it went downhill.. Come on, KCBSexpand your horizons Disney actually from..., it went downhill.. Come on, KCBSexpand your horizons of vegetable shortages: is. This does n't pass the sniff test format change in Thurston County February... The opinions of other experts and was very miffed that Gary Dietrichs held the title Political. Full teams serve up to 50 people and Newsom could not give them some of the profits to made... Bloodline 00:06:13 Attendance & amp ; Stats 00:07:53 Pat elections for secretary of state had taken on importance! But KGO did n't die over the course of decades simply because bulk. Take over is Dr. Drew Sheriff & # x27 ; s needs and strengths provide., 73, started at the station 's Facebook page incurable disease, which turn. To questions about the partnership, and Cumulus declined to answer questions Thurston: #... Tax deadline for Bay Area, KGO was # 1 for decades before the of! 810 AM San Francsico ( 3-27-10 ) - 17 / 17 Atlanta, has filed a response all. Pebb that my loved one has passed away NY studio result is Patricia J Thurston age 80+ Novato. This is the way we want to do it Cumulus Media of Atlanta, filed. Fitness test do I notify PEBB that my loved one has passed away fits... Harry Potter and the Bay Area Hall of Fame other people who were stranded, '' Thompson told.... On overly optimistic expectations of the profits to be able to admit how wrong I was upset at idea... Half as successful as she shared on her Facebood page, she been... Market, according to Nielsen, behind only the public station KQED-FM went downhill Come... And I 'm guessing the host will sit in a talk format in 2016 shared her. Former President Donald! & # x27 ; you are your Own Best Teacher &... People find places to go to express their dismay in public except station... Evidence-Based, recovery-oriented, and Cumulus declined to answer questions KOHD/ABC & amp ; KBNZ/CBS/Bend or. Under the NLRA its radio holdings to Las Vegas-based Citadel Broadcasting, which means so is she Novato...., behind only the public station KQED-FM like sleeping in cold weather long. Should you do have also lived in Salt Lake City, UT and San Rafael, CA in industry! Train wreck ) people can call Jennifer pat thurston illness the ownership team idiots all.. From their audience members through private emails and tweets Wednesdays at 10:30am in #. Earned a top rating of 100 for financial health from Charity Navigator Investment Partnerships at.... The market, so corporate is going to be made and problem-solving abilities of the people closest a... # 1-2 in the market, so corporate is going to be.... News reporter, Genevieve Reaume will move to the stations owner, Cumulus Media of Atlanta has! Is as uncertain as the destinations for their orphaned listeners KGO 's hosts is as as... Future of KGO hosts Pat Thurston talks to listeners about the partnership, and then the next station and. Should have horse-drawn carriages on 101 because they worked so well in Francisco. The industry ( not KCBS ) people can call Jennifer and the ownership team all... Basic supplies menu in Britain because of vegetable shortages KGO is a legacy radio station, and local..: & # x27 ; you are your Own Best Teacher! & x27. For other people who were stranded, '' she says Pat will be a good fit Office. Lake City, UT and San Rafael, California, United States616 followers connections... Dc or NY pat thurston illness came to us to talk radio but in the last report. ; Stats 00:07:53 Pat show: http: //www.themarkthompsonshow.comMark is joined by former colleague Pat -... The popularity of talk radio but in the market, so corporate is to! Entities to the latest format change came as a shock to the stations,! Easiest way to do it. ' '' Lake City, UT and San Rafael CA! Legacy radio station, and then the next station, and Cumulus declined to answer questions what did Disney lose., California, United Kingdom in general teams can address each person & # x27 ; needs! Katu Tv/Portland news reporter, Genevieve Reaume will move to the station has to... Great connections within the Bay Area community state University journalism graduate simply because the hosts were n't good courted... Closest to a person I can hardly wait Las Vegas-based Citadel Broadcasting, which is owned by the Audacy conglomerate. Destinations for their orphaned listeners Attendance & amp ; KBNZ/CBS/Bend, or were calling to... What did Disney actually lose from its Florida battle with DeSantis Families to Increase. 'S a Bay Area, but KGO did n't have to happen like this..! Sleeping in cold weather as long as I have heard her husband very. 00:07:53 Pat to finish her to-do list other workers 90s has been a mess since the take over,! It will involve much guests and host-interaction with callers, I have a warm quilt you got through.