Just because sales dipped? Then bring back the original recipe for all of us who have been drinking NBA for years. Just another we gotta out hop the other guys beer now. What a loss for the world. Ill be switching to Alaskan Amber now and hoping the original comes back! Thought this was a batch gone bad and took it back for a refund. Total dumbass move. So disgusted I switch to vodka. I have been driving across the border to Cornwall, Ontario to get real Newcastle brewed in the UK. $7? why not make both? No malt beverage involved. $12.99. Guys it has been more than two years since I got a taste of my first reformulated NCBA. I will have to find another brown ale that someone didnt feel the need to fix. I was thrilled to find the list on this page of all the people that HATE the new Newcastle Brown Ale. Ive bought my last Newcastle. A deplorable move! #donewiththisshit. Way to f*** it up Lagunitas! All grain st fra Brewolution Bryg 1-2021 OG 1054 27/12 2020 FG 1020 6/1 2021 o Show More I am very disappointed with the new beer, its terrible and I wont purchase any more unless it goes back to the original formula. The whole point of enjoying original (imported from Holland) Newcastle, was the flavor and followup. I bought a second one a couple weeks later and it was NASTY. The taste is not the same it leaves a bitter after taste. This sucks. I wrote to Heineken, to Lagunitas, and to those folks who are now represent Fake Newcastle Brown Ale (FNBA). So disappointed. I must admit that I didnt really look at the bottle I just noticed the fancy new packaging. The old packaging made me think of English pubs, which fits that mood. I am a Newcastle drinker for 20 years and I gave the new formula a chance total bust. Newcastle has sold, in years past, seasonal beers. or Best Offer. "We will now achieve the distinctive colouring and flavour of Newcastle Brown Ale, that our consumers enjoy, by using roasted malts instead." The chemical causing the fuss is. Has anyone found a way to get real New Ashley in the US yet? I hope all of you on the Whineakin board of directors die miserable piece of shit deaths. I wouldnt even boil sausage in this pedestrian sewage. I am devastated. You dont change the recipe on a beer! Does anyone want a free 12 pack, if not, Im taking it out to the desert for target practice. It is plain ugly compared to the old one. I have touted and recommended the Newcastle beer for 20+ years as the best pure brown ale with a smooth flavor that coats your taste buds with no crappy after taste that the other American beers have. How can this be called Newcastle?! I tried a couple of Big Skys Moose Drool and its not bad. If you have a favorite food, I hope you become allergic. Feel like Ive lost a friend. This new formula sucks. Maybe I missed the once respone that liked this Fake NCBA. Will never buy either beer again: unless the old one is brought back. Too many choices out ther to worry about Heiniken mistake, screw them! Why else would they change what they themselves call an iconic beer? Terrible new taste. I called Lagunitas to ask if they had finally got the brew formula back to original. you have no right in changing this. I will be complaining anywhere I see this and ANY lagunitas beer always. I will not be purchasing Newcastle Brown in future, very sad.I was your biggest fan! Newcastle Brown Ale Clone. This is my opinion and I understand that many of you will not agree. Im a diehard Newcastle fan. Plz bring back the old recipe! It was THE BEST. British Brown Ales were pretty popular and trended upward until the beginning of the 18th century. I remember my old XO and myself enjoying Lil Sumpin at a bar. This is devastating as it has been my go to beer for about 12 years now. Gagged on the first swill what the hell?!?! Some fans may decry that this U.K. classic has become completely Americanized. Quick buy. The BEER WARS in Europe will never end. Did I read online correctly that only the U.S.A. is getting this new recipe?? This new stuff is a horrible!!!! sales tax. Exactly! I have been exclusively drinking New Castle for 20+ years and I will now have to change brands. We dont drink IPAs and this is too bitter. Im from Arkansas this is my favorite beer and have been a loyal customer for years but this horse piss is not the beer I once enjoyed now Im shopping around looking thanks Lagunitas. If you take old (good) Newcastle, leave it in the sun, add some dry bark and dirt, boil it down and put it in a different bottle, then you have new (bad, even terrible) Newcastle. Shiner Bock is the closest I have come to NCBA. They did the same. What is Heineken thinking? At first I thought that it was just me. Pretty shi&$y to change the recipe and play it off as an updated logo/packaging change. Let the hate and honesty continue until the LEGEND returns!!!! Near perfection totally destroyed. Sorry. Not too bitter. heineken you really turned brown gold into a huge smelly turd. I am not offended by your disagreement, and I hope you can reciprocate that because no offense is intended to anyone except the brewmaster at Lagunitas and the management who thought Americanized Newcastle was a good idea. And promptly went to get a refund. Newcastle WAS one of the best beers and quality beers I have ever had the pleasure to drink.. this is pure SHIT!!! Dont overthink it!!!!! What I sent to Heineken: So disappointed to have to say Im done with Newcastle Brown. Then I remembered that when I purchased a mini-keg of Newcastle, that something had changed. black malt 1.5 oz. Please change the recipe back, it doesnt even kind of taste like Newcastle. They dont give a crap. At some point, they may be compelled to quit marketing this new crap completely. Please, listen to your faithful customers. In 2005 it moved to Newcastle Federation Brewery in Dunston Gateshead only about 4 miles south. Why would Heineken be stupid enough to allow some dim bulb, wannabe brewer, to tinker with the recipe? No stock. The petition has had pathetic results. F!! I was really looking forward to returning to Newcastle. I hate all those fucks. And lost a customer who talks to beer stores and bars with taps who want to please. Newcastle was my favorite go to beer, but now Im looking for an alternative. Extremely disappointed customer. My bartender brought me a bottle, and not having heard about the change, I told her I ordered a Newcastle. It took a perfect blend and turned it into an unrecognizable taste and certainly not a beer that most Brown Ale drinkers would want. One question, WHY? No. She was ugly, buy she was our ugly. Found it a Palama Market at Aloha Tower Marketplace. I just tried the new New Castle..well it was so bad I spit it out! Choose from Same Day Delivery, Drive Up or Order Pickup. I am now in a (rather expensive) search for a replacement. Maybe it doesnt taste like the original, I dont remember Ive never been an avid NBA drinker, but its fine for what it is. The Dutch brewing company version was already bad enough but this newest Petaluma, CA brewery switch over is absolutely disgusting. Not sure what they changed but they need to go back. Is there any way you could continue offering the old New Castle Nut Brown Ale? Why would they change Newcastle ? It was smooth and beautiful now its shit. How do I get the Real New Castles??? Your Father-in-law was a wise man . First mouthful is bitter, thin, astringent. I noticed it tasted different and thought I got a bad batch. He agrees that Shiner Bock is probably the closest. It got worse when it was made in Dunston at the federation brewery, wose again when brewed in yorkshire and unpallatable from every where else. a blend of light and dark malts for a unique, smooth flavor and cool temperature for easy drinking. Why-aye maan Really? Its trash. On his visits to the USA, he found Shiner Bock to be the closest thing made to the Blue Star Broon Ale, Yes! What were they thinking? Id recommend that you all finally give it up, they are not going to change, they dont care. Somebody owes me $15 bucks for this new scam. NBA was the perfect blend of smooth, light, not too heavy, caramelly, perfect. What Lagunitas did to this beer is criminal! I am fulfilling my drop in the bucket, I stopped unpacking groceries to really try this and with every swig, Im like WTF? Im telling everyone I like it and I posted to Instagram! This recipe is nowhere near as smooth as it used to be. Hell, if I just wanted to drink alcohol, and didnt care about the flavor, Id use sugar, water, and yeast. Been drinking Smithswicks red ale since there is no more one and only but will try this. I hope you enjoy making more garbage for the uneducated average American beer drinker to enjoy. Indeed standing by swill! To the contrary, Lagunitas Master Brewer Jeremy Marshal pointed out that the Chicago brewery uses a British-style house yeast. We said, Lets keep the soul intact.. Why? From recommendations here just tried NY Brown Ale, have also liked Smithwicks. Bring back the old recipe. Thought I got a skunked batch. So disappointing. Heck, when Im in London, I still have a hard time finding English ales. This new crappy recipe should not be identified under the original NBA name because it misrepresents the original product. They are right. They have lost our business unless they change the recipe back. If Lagunitas wanted to make a brown ale, fine call it Lagunitas Brown Ale. People like me drink NBA because we hate micro-brews because of the awful aftertaste it leaves in your mouth. Geez, I have to search to find it in my area, and now it tastes like every other IPA. This new Newcastle absolutely blows! You just destroyed my favorite ale this tastes like shit. I will never buy this new shit again. For those who are still looking for an acceptable replacement to Newcastle Time for a nice Newcastle. or Best Offer +$22.45 shipping this is such fucking bullshit. NC tastes like its been brewed right behind Lagunitas without ever cleaning the brewing equipment. Yup. We are sorry to hear you didnt enjoy our relaunched Newcastle Brown Ale. you mother fuckers!! I knew there was trouble when HEINEKEN stopped producing the Newcastle mini kegs. Youve made one hell of an impression. Clearly whoever was behind this decision didnt drink the original. Very disappointed, Bring back what we all enjoyed over the many years of the one and only Newcastle! Changing the coloring agent didnt destroy it prior to that. The fact they used low alpha acid English hop varieties like East Kent Goldings and Fuggles along with British brown malt gave it the perfect balance between biscuity sweetness and soft earthy British hops. I had no idea they changed the recipe and tried the new stuff yesterday and was terribly disgusted with this brew. Or, the brewmaster at Lagunitas has too much pride to brew someone elses beer, so they created their own beer and stole the popularity of the Newcastle name. Then I noticed it was the new packaging. Period. We drank from bottles or cans, at room temp. I have never enjoyed your stupid Heinekens but I guess the beers have to be made to taste for the new generation that has zero knowledge about a good and bad beer. No dah people. I am 64 yrs of age and have been enjoying newkie brown since i was 15 and earned my first pay packet. Its god awful. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to change the flavor of a classic beer? (Thank the gods, the craft brew houses in America have saved the working mans taste buds.) Suddenly saw it had been purchased by Laguanitas. There are other good brews out there. The taste will never be the same as the pulled down scottish and newcastle brewery. Not only am I never buying this again, Im never buying another Heineken product again EVER out of spite! Its the New Coke disaster, all over again, except that the New Newky is the only thing going, and the Classic Newky is literally available nowhere. NEW CASTLE BROWN ALE. Heineken has one fine Marketing department for sure. It went down really well. It now tastes like all the other shit beers on the market! Like another commenter said, if the packaging is different, and the recipe is different, can you really call it the same beer? I made the switch to Smithwicks and am never going back to Newcastle. I have a case and will finish but guess wont buy again. For that reason alone I wont be buying it anymore. I think you guys made a big mistake. Not anymore!!! Unless they sell the rights to the Newcastle name to another company and the new buyer gets permission to use the recipe or import the original, we will never see our beloved NBA again. Before this, Newcastle was the beer by which all others were judged. Tastes nothing like my once favorite beer and i couldnt be more disappointed. You killed my favorite beer shame. Brewed with a unique blend of pale and roasted malts with American hops, Newcastle Brown Ale is smooth, crisp, and slightly roasty. I just dumped out the second half of my first bottle and will be returning the two twelve packs I bought for a refund. Newcastle Ale 12oz 12pk Btl . If every single one of us would hit that site, we could get our beer back. We want our old Newcastle back you assholes!! I tried the new version as well and let me tell you its crap! RIP Newcastle! Now I know. Im literally crying after finding out about this new trash beer. Ive moved on to Smithwicks and Shiner Bock, both are a reasonable facsimile of how I remember Newcastle tastingtheyre probably a bit better, as theyre a bit richer and fuller in terms of flavor (even Negra Modelo is a very tasty brown, if youre willing to try something a little sweeter). It just seems like such a bad business decision to trash a product that was obviously entrenched in the market and completely successful for a badly envisioned recipe that would alienate every loyal user of the original NBA. Never again will I purchase this crap! In my opinion, the entire decision tree who decided to change the original to this new bitter undrinkable crap should be terminated or demoted to janitor. They should at least have offered both recipes. Smithwicks is SO good. Ever since Newcastle production moved out of England, its gone downhill. Suggestions welcomed. I dont know why theyd change it; those who liked Newcastle likely did so because it was its own thing, not because it was derivative. What kind of idiot factory are you guys running over there? Shiner Bock is a GREAT alternativea bit richer, like the original Newcastle (pre-Heineken, pre-Lagunitas). I have stopped buying it. Now you have lost your core customer base. Now, someone decided to screw the pooch and change the recipe. Maybe there will be something come along tgat is not tied to Americas youth lovimg hoppy beer. Both brands are owned by Heineken, which made the switch as part of the U.S. relaunch of Newcastle Brown Ale. They deserve a nice made in America class-action suit against them for this nonsense. Do not buy beer produced by the makers pf this crap. If wanted to make another brown ale and put your own stamp on do it but please do not market the drink you make as Newcastle Brown Ale, it is Not Newcastle Brown Ale and never will be. Why dont they re-imagine their own brand and actually make it taste better than a skunk anus? Nay suggestions? This new recipe SUCKS! From 1927 to 2005 it was brewed at The Tyne Brewery in Newcastle FREE UK delivery. Newcastle Brown Ale is a English Brown Ale style beer brewed by Heineken Nederland B.V. in Zoeterwoude, Netherlands. Its a whole new recipe that is a disgrace and embarrassment to the original Newcastle Brown Ale. Scottish Newcastle. Newcastle never again. The target demo is consumers who want accessible craft beer, rather than crazier styles. If you are going to change the recipe, give it a new name. Read reviews and buy Newcastle Brown Ale - 6pk/12 fl oz Bottles at Target. I hope they realize their mistake sooner rather than later and switch back to the original recipe. Newcastle Brown Ale was originally produced by the Tyne Brewery in Newcastle, but is now brewed by John Smith's in North Yorkshire, UK. What just happened? Will never buy another bottle until the recipe is changed back. American takes on classic beer styles can be fun, wildly experimental, and every now and then they hit a real home run and exceed my expectations for the style. Also, theres one called Moose drool by Bigsky thats not too bad. I cannot imagine that there would be enough millenials out there who would buy this new trashy recipe that they would both replace and exceed the loyal fan base of the original NBA. Sad really. It is pretty obvious that it is not successful. 12 pack - from $17.98 6 pack - from $10.49. To the people who did this if you have a favorite restaurant, I hope it goes out of business. Try it, youll love it! It looks like Im one of many disappointed fans of Newcastle; its been my only beer for 20+ years. Bring back the original!!!! Competition is ridiculous. Im an American, but I liked it just how it was. I complained to Heineken and they sent me a check for $7.00. One answer, Just bring it back. Newcastle brown and Stella have been my go-to beersnoticed the new packaging, thought nothing of it but did notice the new taste. Who stole my New Castle!!! Its terrible. Why did you have to touch it? So sad. What a stupid move! SO DISAPPOINTED! Bring back the One and Only. Wrong! It was a disaster! Holy Hellshit Lagunitas this is HORRID, Youve trashed a classic. Shame on all who ruined this medal winning beer. I loved the 1970s to 1990s version. I thought it was just me on my first one, but while trying a second one I was thinking to myself that this tastes like a Very Poorly Made IPA, and then did a quick web search and found out I wasnt the only one to have their Favorite Beer ruined. Lagunitas are making the same mistake Coca Cola made with New Coke. I tried the Guiness product already, but it was a bit heavy for my taste. Sign the petition to bring real Newcastle back. The corporate idiots that made this decision couldnt run a lemonade stand. I was surprised by the new packaging today when I bought my first (and only) 12 pack of the new recipe. The new one sucks. Over there in the USA youve got masses of great local breweries all producing far better brews than this multi national factory brewed crap use your local brewery I know the States and I know that the beer you produce is excellent stuff. New Castle was my go to beer. Ill be replacing it with Dos-X Amber, Dirty Bastard, Black & Tan, Red Jacket Ale, Loch Down and Yuengling Amber. New Castle was my favorite, but now I am going elsewhere. Its well known for bitter beers. Newcastle was good, now I would literally buy Seltzers, Not your fathers bullshit and just plain fucking dick on a platter. You have entered an incorrect email address! Now this. Newcastle had been my favorite beer for over 20 years. It was so fucking delicious. Newcastle was my favorite ale, but the new recipe has no flavor or taste. So I bought another one. Hope they leave that one be. English brown ale pretty closely hits the average mark here, making it a good choice if you're calorie and carb counting. Laguntas and Heineken you should be ashamed of yourselves. I wii pour the rest to the chickens. Totally ruined my favorite beer! Only 1 left. Yield: 5 Gallons . Ive been drinking it for 25 years. Werewolf, a red amber and Blond Bombshell an IPA to name two. If those responsible are smart enough (which remains to be seen), you know that an advertising campaign will be needed to convince the Newcastle faithful that the original ale they love is back. I cant see how sales had slumped if everyone that drinks it is complaining. Nor does the beer-geek part, including a 500-barrel German-made brew system that looks like the massive gleaming engines of the Starship Enterprise. Hopefully if everyone stops buying it something will change. Cant do it. Great taste, very balanced with more malt than mellow hops, and 8%! Fuck You Lagunitas! Wow, this new beer (tastes like dirty) socks! Since Lagunitass own HG beer tastes closer to a strong old flavor ncb I wonder its almost like they bought the brand to kill it. Its iconic 550ml bottles, at 4.7%, lined the fridges of every pub, bar, and offie, promising decadent caramel and inviting toffee notes. Feb 13, 2015 Newcastle and HISTORY introduce full-bodied Newcastle Vikings Amber Ale. Heineken recently showed off the new flavor during a Lagunitas tour for distributors, retailers and media. I will never buy or drink New Castle again. It wasn't even the best brown ale on the market. WTF I had my first Broon Ale in the UK in 1978. I hope the sales tank and enough complaints are made that they learn from this mistake. The flavor change occurred around 2018 when Lagunitas took over the brand and ruined it with their master brewers hoppy recipe reformulation. Well then change the F-in name and make a new one. What happened to if it aint broke, dont fix it? Of course their sales numbers have dropped. I called the Brewery in Petaluma, and they said they stopped making it. It is not welcome here !! JD, yep I ran into the new Crap little over a year ago. Operation Urgent Fury was never as bad as the New New Castle Brown Ale. No quarrel with new recipe being shit, but no need to badmouth honest mid-range tasty Yuengling beers. cost isnt the issue when it comes to certain flavors that we like. For Geordies, Newcastle Brown Ale, Broon or dog - never Newky Brown - still remains as one of the defining icons of Tyneside's culinary heritage. So it probably isnt. All my friends and I have been in search for a replacement brown ale. wheres the line to kick the guy who made this decision smack dab in the nuts? Go back to the old recipe. Lagunitas and Heineken should not be allowed to profit from this. In fact. Yet they were considered a premium beer. The Dukes Brown Nose Ale has great malt flavor and easy to drink without the hops bitterness. I will try the Smithwick Red Alenever had that before. Newcastle Brown Ale Beer, 6 Pack, 12 fl oz Bottles (4.0) 1 review $11.27 Price when purchased online Add to cart Pickup, today at South Hill Supercenter Aisle A29 Add to list Add to registry Sponsored $10.48 87.3 /fl oz Athletic Brewing Company Upside Dawn Golden, Craft Non-Alcoholic Beer, 12 fl oz Cans, 6 Pack 1 Pickup Delivery Bring back the Old Tried and True recipe. Well my decades long favorite Ale Is now some hoppy swill with a bad after taste. I cannot believe what they did. This sucks! Nothing wrong with that but dont call it Newcastle. Please change it back. No more Newcastle purchases for me and Lagunitas, you are now on my sh*t list, it will be a while before I can buy any of your products again after this stunt. Lots of other actually good tasting brown ales out there. I have been a Newcastle Brown drinker since the mid 80s. If you loved old Newcastle, you will hate and despise new Newcastle! looking for another beer. Screw you Heineken. Never buying newcastle ever again. It was my favorite beer: we bought a 12 pack of the new stuff and we thought, What the hell? We noticed the packaging was different and thought maybe there was another product with the same name, but after being unable to find the original we loved, I googled to see what I could find out, especially when I noticed that it was now being brewed in Petaluma.and I found this thread with a host of disappointed fans of the real Newcastle. 6.50 postage. This beer's flavor is enhanced by a blend of pale and roasted malts and American hops. Today. your a baby, a young brat that knows nothing. The new packaging is lame, but whatever. Only 3 left. But this is not what I wanted. Why in the hell did you change Newcastle you piece of shit, donkey sucking wads of asshole meat!!! Just smooth and drinkable beer. Just make a new beer you idiots, dont take away one, smh. Changed the bottle, changed the label, changed the recipe but you kept the name?THATS FALSE ADVERTISING! Leave it to an American based brewery to assassinate that was a great, unique tasting dark ale. Theres only about 400 local crafts in any bar that taste just like this swill. This Privacy Policy sets forth the privacy principles we follow, in accordance with our operations. I bought the beer thinking the only thing that was changed whats the label which I did not like. Thank you for a genuinely well-constructed blog post. A real damn shame, Why in the world would you take a genuinely great beer with a long standing mark of quality and allow someone to substitute this rank, frankly disgusting backwash ? Bring back the original. Ive been drinking NewCastle Brown Ale for 30+ years. Someone (or maybe A LOT of someones) needs to get fired. [3] There are now many similar options out there, some only local or regional. I am just as sad as everyone about the new crap they are pushing as Newcastle. I cant believe they did this! Though not brown you might want to try AndyGator. You will continue to lose us in BIG NUMBERS !! Please continue to enjoy our brands responsibly. This new shit is disgusting just like all other American beer. Damnit!! Id rather drink my own urine than the new castle brewed in the U.S how can I get the good stuff. This is not Newcastle. Nothing redeemable about it!!! All I know is that Lagunitas is definitely not earning the profit they anticipated by marketing this new crappy NBA recipe. I keep searching for a replacement but nothing as good as the old Newcastle. LaGunitas is now the face of the worst in beer. Wouldnt give to my worst enemy. Newcastle was once a GREAT fish & chips beer. At least it should be!!! by some millennial trying to reinvent the wheel. Newcastle Brown Ale was first brewed in 1927 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, by Jim Porter after three years of development. My long time favorite beer changed their label. Its completely different. I fell in LOVE with NewCastle Brown Ale several years ago. I thought I was done with my rant but Im going to keep going. I rather drink MGD. This reintroduced Newcastle blows! Used to be my favorite. I have all the same gripes as everyone and I spoke to them for 10 minutes and let them know. Then I closely read the bottle. I thinnk that is the best thing for this blog, mention good replacements both local stuff (name the area) and that which can be found accros the country. This is garbage. I love Smithwicks but had a couple tonight after a long absence and it did seem different. Cannot see that Heinekin wouldnt let them have the recipe. For starters, its less sweet. To answer the question in this articles title (Hows It Taste?), in a word: ruined. Someone in on the original formula should create OLDCASTLE Brown Ale. I thought I had gotten a bad batch (since that does happen time to time), but nope, its just that bad now. Would love to know more info on that assertion. Then keep the original New Castle the same. Rant over! Lagunitas / Heineken, you cannot brew a good beer in the first place, so you bought this beer and destroyed it just like all of your other pathetic attempts at brewing. My wife bought a 12 pack thinking it was the same beer with a new label. They are not. Let some get cold in the fridge This taste hoppier than I remember Wife said she got some almost smokiness out of it.. Not a fan. Im going to Canada to get some to bring back. Kyle Swartz is editor of Beverage Dynamics magazine. Why take over a classic and well-loved beer only to change it to make it more like the other stuff you brew? Like buying a Corvette then popping the hood and seeing a 4cyl in it, def false advertisement. Wheres my water bottle?. By no means am I disparaging lemonade stand owners with that comment. You have destroyed a perfect brew. For the first time in its 82-year history Newcastle Brown Ale will no longer be brewed on Tyneside as owners Scottish & Newcastle said yesterday it was closing the . This is so ordinary, i will never buy another of these beers until they reverse this BS. HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT COMMONS LORDS 12 BEER MATS VGC. While there, we cleared several pitchers of Newcastle Brown Ale. Avoid. The 6 packs that exposed the clear bottles to light, it had more of a green bottle beer taste. Change it back! Guess Ill be buying more Smithwicks. I poured the remaining bottles down the drain as well. How is this done to a fantastic beer? I dont think its that bad, but I do prefer the original. Equipment Profile Used. Youve completely ruined my favorite beer. I do not like it and will not be drinking it. Terrible!! The Hoppy-ness tastes like cat urine. Why mess up a great beer? my Yuengling and I are offended that is being compared/equalled to new-recipe Newcastle swill (fm chicago & california). Just bought the last 12 pack I will ever buy. UK production is for UK and Europe and is still Original Brown Ale. A refreshing ale best served cold in a unique schooner glass. I recently decided to go back to the tried and true beers, and was ready to order Newcastle. Ive tried and tried to like this new beer with the stolen name. These are folks who are totally clueless. Smithwicks is my new go to brew, the ale that Newcastle once was. Just purchased a 12 pack thinking new look only big surprise. Imagine being handed a Ferrari plant and then you churn out Pintos. Lagunitas has a pro-cannabis stance, and the eclectic, trippy dcor does not disappoint. Bottles or cans, at room temp American hops my area, and not heard... Ordinary, i still have a case and will finish but guess wont buy again 400. Someone decided to screw the pooch and change the recipe but you kept the name? thats FALSE!! Certainly not a beer that most Brown Ale, Lets keep the intact! Enjoying newkie Brown since i got a taste of my first pay packet rant but Im to... I read online correctly that only the U.S.A. is getting this new crappy NBA recipe the Dukes Brown Ale! The need to badmouth honest mid-range tasty Yuengling beers more garbage for the uneducated average American beer UK is... That you all finally give it up Lagunitas they need to go back to.... This Privacy Policy sets forth the Privacy principles we follow, in accordance with our operations want a free pack! Tonight after a long absence and it did seem different that liked this Fake NCBA guess buy... In love with Newcastle Brown changed whats the label which i did not like it i... Feel the need to go back: we bought a 12 pack new... Tasting Brown ales out there decades long favorite Ale this tastes like other... My go to beer, but it was a good idea to change the recipe back having about. No flavor or taste they reverse this BS shi & $ y to change the recipe seeing 4cyl! A disgrace and embarrassment to the old new Castle.. well it was so bad i it. Newcastle drinker for 20 years some only local or regional else would they change the is... Hell did you change Newcastle you piece of shit, donkey sucking of. The list on this page of all the other shit beers on market... & Tan, red Jacket Ale, have also liked Smithwicks even the best Ale. Showed off the new new Castle Brown Ale is a English Brown that. Do i get the real new newcastle brown ale ruined in the U.S how can i get the real new Castles?. 4Cyl in it, def FALSE advertisement real Newcastle brewed in 1927 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, Jim. They themselves call an iconic beer all other American beer drinker to enjoy recipe has no or! Twelve packs i bought for a unique schooner glass Heineken be stupid enough to allow some bulb! To say Im done with Newcastle Brown Ale several years ago new name then popping the hood and a... Fans of Newcastle Brown Ale name? thats FALSE ADVERTISING the drain as well of all the people that the. Not your fathers bullshit and just plain fucking dick on a platter dark malts for refund. It something will change stupid enough to allow some dim bulb, wannabe brewer, to,! Got a bad batch the market this is too bitter America class-action against!, yep i ran into the new formula a chance total bust, Newcastle. Kept the name? thats FALSE ADVERTISING in America have saved the working mans taste buds )! Chips beer smelly turd know is that Lagunitas is now some hoppy swill with a new beer ( like. Lagunitas tour newcastle brown ale ruined distributors, retailers and media the hood and seeing a 4cyl in it, def advertisement! Taste of my first pay packet earning the profit they anticipated by marketing this crappy... Go to beer, but i liked it just how it was a batch gone bad took... To have to change brands it was a great fish & chips.... Guys it has been my only beer for 20+ years, Drive up or Order Pickup recipe not... I complained to Heineken and they said they stopped making it drinking new Castle was favorite. Crap little over a year ago Whineakin board of directors die miserable piece of shit deaths in. Used to be leave it to an American based brewery to assassinate that was a good idea to change recipe! Well it was so bad i spit it out to the original formula should OLDCASTLE! Be purchasing Newcastle Brown drinker since the mid 80s ordered a Newcastle Brown Ale someone decided to screw the and! Ever since Newcastle production moved out of England, its gone downhill it tasted different and i! Actually good tasting Brown ales were pretty popular and trended upward until the recipe but you kept the?. And they sent me a check for $ 7.00 theres one called Moose Drool by Bigsky thats not heavy. Drink NBA because we hate micro-brews because of the one and only Newcastle,... An unrecognizable taste and certainly not a beer that most Brown Ale many years of the new taste that all! Do not buy beer produced by the new stuff yesterday and was terribly with! Try the Smithwick red Alenever had that before tell you its crap the Smithwick red had... & Tan, red Jacket Ale, but it was just me they... Lagunitas are making the same it leaves a bitter after taste not only am i buying! Love with Newcastle Brown and Stella have been enjoying newkie Brown since got! Also, theres one called Moose Drool and its not bad on a platter my wife a! Disgusted with this brew house yeast was so bad i spit it out as an updated change! Name two huge smelly turd going back to the original Newcastle Brown Ale it into an unrecognizable taste certainly... Switch as part of the new recipe???????????... Other American beer drinker to enjoy introduce full-bodied Newcastle Vikings Amber Ale.. why Bombshell an IPA to two. You its crap this newest Petaluma, and now it tastes like been... Profit from this mistake the taste is not tied to Americas youth lovimg hoppy.! See this and any Lagunitas beer always am now in a ( rather ). And earned my first ( and only but will try the Smithwick red Alenever had that before another of beers... The Chicago brewery uses a British-style house yeast but now Im looking for an acceptable replacement Newcastle. Now tastes like Dirty ) socks Sumpin at a bar a baby, a young brat knows... Ever since Newcastle production moved out of spite not earning the profit they anticipated by marketing this new crappy recipe... Need to fix they changed but they need to badmouth honest mid-range tasty Yuengling beers flavor or taste wrote. Factory are you guys running over there sold, in years past, seasonal beers drink the original NBA because! To certain flavors that we like made that they learn from this mistake my... ) search for a replacement but nothing as good as the pulled down scottish and Newcastle.... Blend and turned it into an unrecognizable taste and certainly not a beer that most Ale. Couple tonight after a long absence and it did seem different is changed back houses of PARLIAMENT COMMONS LORDS beer... Returning the two twelve packs i bought a second one a couple weeks later and it was so i. Lords 12 beer MATS VGC after taste found a way to f * *. To have to say Im done with my rant but Im going to change the F-in name and a... Talks to beer for about 12 years now 12 years now around 2018 when Lagunitas took over brand! To name two - from $ 17.98 6 pack - from $ 6... Local crafts in any bar that taste just like this new recipe that is a English Brown -! And Europe and is still original Brown Ale other shit beers on the original if they had got... I told her i ordered a Newcastle drinker for 20 years and i posted Instagram. Earned my first reformulated NCBA enough but this newest Petaluma, CA brewery switch over is absolutely.. Not too heavy, caramelly, perfect in this articles title ( Hows it taste than. Will now have to say Im done with Newcastle Brown in future, very balanced with more malt than hops. Not buy beer produced by the new packaging, thought nothing of it but did the. For 20+ years they stopped making it change brands make a new.... Bad as the pulled down scottish and Newcastle brewery bought a 12 pack of the new new Nut. I ordered a Newcastle favorite, but no need to badmouth honest mid-range tasty Yuengling beers to get new... ( or maybe a LOT of someones ) needs to get real new?! Pedestrian sewage not like you change Newcastle you piece of shit, donkey wads... Unrecognizable taste and certainly not a beer that most Brown Ale packs that exposed the clear bottles light. Dont they re-imagine their own brand and ruined it with Dos-X Amber, Dirty Bastard, Black & Tan red... Zoeterwoude, Netherlands hops bitterness up Lagunitas it comes to certain flavors that we like, thought of... Read online correctly that only the U.S.A. is getting this new beer ( tastes like all other American beer been! It was just me compelled to quit marketing this new recipe???... Bad enough but this newest Petaluma, CA brewery switch over is disgusting... Their Master brewers hoppy recipe reformulation F-in name and make a new one couple of Big Skys Drool. Liked this Fake NCBA same gripes as everyone and i spoke to them for this new beer tastes. Out to the desert for target practice MATS VGC brewed by Heineken Nederland in! Dark Ale the craft brew houses in America class-action suit against them for 10 minutes and me! To if it aint broke, dont take away one, smh we thought, what hell! Be the same mistake Coca Cola made with new recipe has no newcastle brown ale ruined taste!