Thank you again, Erin! After leaving work during the early morning hours of April 24, Henry McDonough stopped . [5], On January 14, 1990, after eight months of being a free man, Williams collapsed and died at home. Also included among the lists are the many unsolved murders . It is a big issue for kids growing up this day and time, so whatever we can do to emphasize the fact that there is a better way, thats what we are trying to do, the mayor said. Marrow was arrested in Hardeeville Monday on unrelated traffic charges. He was the leader of the Bullhorn Crew" and was an active member of the community against gun violence in city. Safe and easy to get around without owning a vehicle? SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - If you live in Pooler, the city will be offering a shuttle service to downtown Savannah all day on St. Patrick's Day. Hi Nicole! Savannah's Jim Williams' legacy lives on through film, a murder case and historic buildings Laura Nwogu Savannah Morning News 0:00 2:09 Fans of Clint Eastwood's movie "Midnight in the Garden. Those two just arent considered walking streets, since theyre loud and busy. Our biggest concern however is safety. In fact, I would say the east side in general is seeing more shootings in 2022 than it has in the recent past. Again, thanks for the awesome insights! Those boundaries are as follows: The center east/west dividing line is Bull Street. Having said that, if the fear of crime is crippling, as you say, then downtown Savannah might not be the right place for you. I agree; Savannah is pretty amazing. Its also prettier in ATL which I never would have guessed before moving. Johnson faces a murder charge. Hi Erin! I love walking around in that area. Savannah Police: Murder of UK national Benjamin Tucker 'not a random shooting'. According to your map, that area doesnt see much crime at all. You can find those here: 2022 Savannah Crime Map | 2021 Savannah Crime Map | 2020 Savannah Crime Map. They are a wheelchair-friendly mode of transportation. Hi Kim! The Hampton Inn & Suites Midtown might be an option. He was taken into custody and charged with murder. He along with Vincent Truesdale, Lamartrus Exley, and 17-year-old Tony Crawford face murder and kidnapping charges for the death of Gary Pitts. Got a nursing job and will be moving to the suburbs in the Montgomery area off of Whitefield ave. Looks to be clear of crime so far. [7], Williams was tried four times, a record for the state of Georgia. The Savannah Police Department is investigating a shooting at the 500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue in Savannah Gardens near Savannah High School. In June 1985, the Georgia Supreme Court overturned the conviction again, stating that the sheriff should not have been allowed to testify as an expert, and that the prosecutor waited until his closing argument to demonstrate some evidence.[5]. I believe thats Central Precent territory, so just look up their number on the Savannah Police Departments website. Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police are investigating a triple homicide in the 1100 block of East 31st Street. . Which of those two dates? I feel safe walking around the Crawford Square area during the day, and I was even there after dark last night and felt fine. You can also use the Downtowner vehicles for free rides at night. I dont own a vehicle. That area is undergoing rapid gentrification. I enjoy helping visitors plan the perfect trip to Savannah! Have fun! [4] Williams called the police at 3:00 A.M. to report the shooting, just over half an hour after the incident occurred. Mainor is also the aunt of Alan Mainor, a Savannah pastor who has been advocating for police reform. I guess well just have to wait and see if any other injuries make the news. I dont necessarily want to spend the money to stay in the historic district, any suggestions of a decent cheaper area? The icons only show instances where someone was injured or killed. The area near the airport isnt bad if youll be coming and going by car. (Contact info is in the menu under About.). What are your thoughts on the 400 block of E 36th? One person has been detained. Do you have a feel for that area, or do you just focus on downtown? We are in 2nd District on Seiler and love the area and our neighbors, but are also cognizant of the gun activity that occurs, usually a handful of blocks away. Thank you, thoughI always appreciate updates if Ive missed anything. I agree about being wary walking there after dark but I would say that for most of Savannah at night, or any other urban area for that matter. If I were walking home, Id probably take MLK to Liberty to Tattnall (or Barnard) to get to Jones. Evidently, the public housing across the road is being razed for townhouses or a Trader Joes possibility. Osha Dunham and Nelaunte Grant are both charged with Shawntrays murder. I have about six years of data, but its not public on the site yet. Thank you very much for your input. W Charlton Street is located in (what I consider) the safest area in downtown Savannah the southern portion of the Historic District. Most everything youll need is within easy walking or biking distance. Keep a car (parks off street). Just to clarifyI wouldnt walk all the way to the Historic District from there at night. Its safe to walk from Clark Hall to W Jones around 8-9 pm. Stick to the streets to the west of your rental when youre walking. The student was alert and conscious when EMS arrived and transported him to Memorial University Medical Center. Very helpful information for people looking to move to Savannah. Thanks. They use the Lexis Nexis community crime map, which works okbut I dont like how that map offsets crime locations for privacy reasons (although I understand it in the case of domestic abuse situations). 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. The convicts escaped a Maryland prison nine days prior and were looking for guns and money when they arrived at the home of Jerry Alday in Seminole, GA. My two sons will be with me every other weekend. That Dollar Store across the street tends to have some crime issues, too. With COVID-19 and hurricane possibilities, I recommend travel insurance for all travelers. Safety is utmost importance. . There are lots of cute, small(ish) single family homes on E 34th. If thats not a possibility, at least try to spend a week in Savannah and drive through the neighborhood during all time of the day and night to get a better feel for it. Superior Court Judge Eugene H. Gadsden set Williams' bond at $25,000, which he soon posted. I appreciate your comment. You put the SPD to shame. Savannah Police found him dead with gunshot wounds at West Park and Montgomery Streets. Not far from Crawford Park. The night before Halloween seemed like a good time, I've seen so many people post photos of this sign. How close is the address to shopping? Yes, the red truck one, right? Hi Josh. There are usually plenty of people out even later into the night. Love reading all the good info on where to go and where not to go when visiting the Savannah area. Youre welcome, and Im glad its helpful. Hello Erin: My daughter will be attending SCAD in the fall and living in the new Olmstead Apartments on Indian St. SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - New FBI data released in the 'Crime in the United States' annual report shows a decrease in overall crime and an increase in violent crime.Atlanta's population is nearly double Savannah's, the city seeing 5,000 violent crimes and 111 murders. Click on any icon to pull up additional information and links to news reports about each incident. Youll hear gunshots in the vicinity of Pennsylvania Avenueand youll probably get used to them after youve been here a year. We have been to Savannah several times and it is beautiful but I cant live in fear everyday just wondering when the next shooting or stabbing is going to happen. Discover my favorite tours here. Thank you so much. The link is below. May change representation lol. lol. Murders in Savannah in 2023 As of February 2023, no homicides have been reported in Savannah. Also in court Tuesday, 32-year-old Rashiid Wright, who told the judge he is not guilty of malice murder. Tipsters remain anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward. You could also stay at one of the hotels on Abercorn in the midtown area, just south of DeRenne. She has an option to take a class that ends at 10:30 PM and would need to walk to Oglethorpe house from Hayman Hall. Two of my closest friends here in Savannah are two gay guys (not a couple) who moved here from NYC prior to the pandemic, and theyve settled in very happily. The property is not cheaplatter 400s We are not sure if we are getting the skinny lol- thanks! As I do travel for work, I feel very lucky I came across your platform. Shooting of Danny Hansford. Savannah saw 50 murders and 1,000 violent crimes. Daniel Lewis Hansford (March 1, 1960 - May 2, 1981) was an American shooting victim who was killed by his employer, historic preservationist and antiques dealer Jim Williams, at Williams' home in Savannah, Georgia, United States. I lived in Sav for more than 10 years. Ive only been tapped for jury duty once, and I wasnt selected. As I mentioned above, I dont keep track of every outstanding call for shots fired. So, the 100, 200, 300 blocks, for example, usually have good resale value. We know most of our neighbors by name and we all look out for each otherI say that there are good blocks and not so good blocks in our area, usually a drug house is what can tarnish a block. Ill check out options on the west side! Thank you for your help. Hope that helps. The neighborhood has a very cozy feel to it. MLK and Liberty are both very busy, so youll be safe there because so many cars will be out and about. The victim, 15, was shot in the calf around 2:40 p.m., sustaining a non-life-threatening injury, said Stacy Jennings, a spokesperson for Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. The best thing you can do is get to know your neighbors and be active in the community. As a community, we are fed up and disgusted, and for quite some time, we said we were going to get justice for Puff, and today is certainly the beginning of that process.. SAVANNAH, Ga. (SCMPD) - Savannah-Chatham Metro Police have charged 27-year-old Keith Lamont Marrow, Jr., with three counts of murder. Its a fairly quiet neighborhood with only one way in and out. Three other suspects also listed in the indictment are Donnell Richardson, Malik McKenzie, and Jahonne Manigo are all charged with violation of street gang terrorism and prevention act. Thank you for this helpful information Ive just written a post about it, and I included a section towards the end of the post about safety. SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) Friends are releasing new details about a gruesome triple murder in East Savannah. Feel free to email me with more detailed addresses, since some of those streets are very long. Jevon Williams faces a murder charge in the death of Jernard Burton. "Former prosecutors book shows new side of Savannahian Jim Williams Midnight murder trials", "30 years after death of Jim Williams, his iconic Savannah home is being restored", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shooting_of_Danny_Hansford&oldid=1137157801, Deaths by firearm in Georgia (U.S. state), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 3 February 2023, at 02:57. thanks. I was sick during the Quinton Simon incident and got behind with updating the map. You mustve somehow clicked to unhide them. Not as familiar with this area, and I know Hitch Village is not the greatest. These posts may also help with your trip-planning: Make sure to bookmark this Savannah crime map if you want current statistics. SAVANNAH, GA: A series of federal indictments unsealed in the Southern District of Georgia charges more than 60 defendants with felonies targeting interrelated, . Information may also be forwarded to CrimeStoppers at 912-234-2020. Savannah is jam-packed with houses, so that means, Officer-Involved Shootings in Savannah in 2023. Officer-Involved Shootings in Savannah in 2023 As of February 2023, no officer-involved shootings have been reported in Savannah Sections of Savannah For clarification, here's a very general guide to help you differentiate the basic sides of Savannah: West Jones is a very safe areaone of the safest in the Historic District. Its on W. Charlton St. Is that a safe area for someone who will be living alone? Thanks, Joe. Do you have any data from previous years you can provide on the side? Hi B! We are moving from across the country because we love Savannah so much. This is so sad for such a beautiful and historic city to have this reputation. . Greatly appreciate it! Its just one of several crimes police say are connected to accused gang members in Savannah. I agree; Halloween is such a fun time to visit! My contact info is in the menu. Thanks! If you compare recent numbers, I havent seen much improvement. The attorney for the family of Shawntray Grant - Chadrick Mance - released the following statement Thursday: The family of Shawntray Grant wishes to thank members of law enforcement for their hard work and the community for their support following his death. I have read many of your replays about the safety of Savannah and I must say idk not feel comfortable moving there. [1] He was one of three sons, the others being John and William. living in that area which can be a good or bad thing, depending on your viewpoint. Savannah's murder rate is 2.4x greater than the state average. Alderman Van Johnson knew and worked with Grant. Hes accused of murder in the Dec. 3 shooting death of 23-yearold Olliek Dashawn Bonaparte on West Congress Street in downtown Savannah. Make note that theyre doing construction on Broughton Street in that area currently, but youll still be able to walk on the sidewalks you just wont be able to park directly in front of the building. There was one in the vicinity of 37th Street around that same time5 shots at 4:25 pm. Local allergist offers advice to help alleviate allergy, Local musician contributes over $18K in instruments, Food on walls, no handwashing, perfect scores: Chatham, BHSBB: Benedictine punches ticket to the GHSA semifinals, GSU mens basketball preps for upcoming Sun Belt, Womens College Golf: Claisse wins Rucker, LSU takes, Arrest warrants issued for projected NFL draft pick, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, Hunter who killed pet dogs believed they were coyotes, Burger King brings back fan-favorite item, Gallery: Lions Club of Savannah 35th Anniversary, Product safety commission requests information on, Gallery: Habitat for Humanitys Three House Dedications, Georgia lawmakers hope to prevent gun violence, Man accused of killing 66-year-old enters not guilty, St. Patricks Day shuttle: Tanger Outlets to Savannah, Kaleidoscope Circus free and open to the public, Solar panels to be installed in 19 city buildings, Paul Murdaughs girlfriend offers testimony, Video shows brawl in front of Savannah City Hall, 21 lbs. Thank you Erin for your research and information. The gun jammed upon firing, however, and Williams pulled a 9mm Luger pistol from his desk and shot Hansford in what he claimed was self-defense. How do we ensure that our people have healthcare, education and employment?. A 20-year-old man was killed and seven others wounded in a Friday night shooting in Savannah, Georgia, according to police. I love the area, too! Hi David! Im wondering how safe that area is? Updated: Jun 11, 2021 / 05:19 PM EDT. Hi Jerry! Areas near The Thompson are high-end, but there are also homeless shelters and government housing properties in the area. Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this research for others. I am a recent grad and a friend and I are moving next to the highway in the Edgemere/Sackville area. The 17-year-old from Savannah was found shot to death at a gas station in Garden City back in September. Be cautious about walking around at night, at least until you get to know the area fairly well. There were a lot of interviews, search warrants, written reports, meetings, and other investigative steps that occurred to get us to this point, he said. I can only recall one incident in recent years, and the parties involved were less-than-stellar and involved in other activities that contributed to their difficulties. Id feel comfortable walking by myself at night in that area. According to the Savannah Police. Shawn March,. Its prevalent in our state and our country. "Jennifer Ross did nothing to this man except say 'no' and run away," said prosecutor Christy Barker, pointing in the . The family of Shayla Curtis has set up a gofundme page to help the family with funeral costs. If youre coming and going particularly late at night, take an Uber or a pedicab. Lockem up and keep em there! It was higher than in 91.4% of U.S. cities. Hi Erin, Dominique Powell, 24, Sept 12, 900 BLOCK OF GAREY AVENUE: Responding officers found Powell outside a residence in the Tatemville neighborhood suffering from a fatal gunshot wound. Also, just in case any other visitors are reading this and searching for Thunderbird Inn, its located on Oglethorpe Avenue. Repeat offenders (especially those with a homicide to their credit) do need to be locked up, but Im not in charge of making that happen in Savannah. If you zoom in on the map you can see that the Historic District is pretty safe! Further details are not available at this time. Im looking at staying on the 100 blk of east gwinnett st. Those include the two accused in the April shooting death of a British tourist in downtown Savannah. Hi Carol! Obviously we all have our own criteria, but I wouldnt consider moving to SAV because of the uptick in crime were having in ATL. My hope is that it is better than it has been in the past but I have no idea. (It was a double shooting, so theres an icon for the homicide and one for the shooting.) Its been an active daybut not an active day of reporting. My daughter is at SCAD but was only there for Spring quarter and had mainly remote classes so isnt very famliar with Savannah yet. Savannah, GA 31412 (912) 234-1111; FCC Public File. Thank you so much, Erin! Discover which B&Bs and hotels I recommend most, and learn why I like them. While nothing can bring him back, Shawntrays family is thankful that those who took his life will be held accountable.. Its not in the Historic District, but its about as close as you can get. In an Airbnb. News 3 learned new details about the victims. SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) One person was killed and two others were left injured in two separate shootings in downtown Savannah early Sunday morning. Youre missing the murder at Moss Pointe apt off of Abercorn on your map that happened 2 months ago. Yamacraw Village is another sometimes problem spot. SPD said detectives believe. When is the Best Time of Year to Visit Savannah? There should be a decent number of cars still driving around at 10:30, and there are also plenty of tourists in that area especially during the summer months when it stays light out until around 9pm. He was killed outside of a Savannah apartment complex in June of 2018. The Savannah Police Department is investigating a shooting at the 500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue near Savannah High School. Its on therethe icon is just hidden under the shooting icon. Hi Erin I am curious about magnolia square apartments on 54th Street. So that area must be pretty safe. Tattnall is quiet and residential, while Barnard is also nice because you can walk through the squares. A grand jury has indicted seven people in connection to five homicides that date back to 2013. [5] As Berendt wrote in his book: "The ruling appeared to be little more than a temporary reprieve. To stay safe, take all the usual precautions you should take in Savannah. You could also look at areas like Ardsley Park or Parkside (an easy bike ride to the Historic District from those two) or the islands. Please save this city. Pedestrian killed in crash on Hwy. Feel free to email me with the address of the VRBO. Hi Brian! Anyone with additional information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously at 912-234-2020. Twenty-four year old William Mullins had a son, and 31-year old Courtney German is a former student of Windsor Forest High School Police believe at least one of the victims was connected to a gang. One of the homicide victims, Shawntray Grant, was a Savannah community activist. Id like to stay at the Thunderbird Inn. As a community we are trying very hard to clean up the dirty thirties. Enjoy your anniversary celebration . Hi Erin, Police say six of the seven defendants in this indictment are gang members in the Rollin 60s Crips and Shady Park Crips." Thank you so much for your time with this. He was visiting Savannah from London when he was killed on April 24. I have recently rented a house in the West of Jones street.. May I ask if this is a safe place to live in and will this be a safe place to walk from clark hall SCAD to home at 8-9 at night? May want to check the details on the events or could just be a filter issue. WTOC Careers. **All ad revenue generated from this page is donated to local charities with youth-oriented initiatives. I am moving there on the 2nd of January and have only been the a few times.. thank you very much for for helpful tips. EEO Report. Its possible you might hear gunshots late at night at least once during your stay. Sorry about the gunshot welcome you received, but welcome to the area! The street is still paved with the original vitrified bricks and the folks living on that block are mostly long-time residents who all look out for one another. The Savannah Evening Press reported the murders and caused frenzy in the town. Gardens near Savannah High School at night, at least once during your stay so be. Good or bad thing, depending on your viewpoint for such a beautiful and city. Superior Court Judge Eugene H. Gadsden set Williams ' bond at $ 25,000, he. Day of reporting, GA 31412 ( 912 ) 234-1111 ; FCC public.... Charlton Street is located in ( what I consider ) the safest area in Savannah.: `` the ruling appeared to be little more than 10 years from was. That a safe area for someone who will be living alone shooting death 23-yearold! Appeared to be little more than a temporary reprieve the 1100 block of E 36th up! Savannah crime map | 2020 Savannah crime map | 2020 Savannah crime map | 2021 Savannah crime if. Was tried four times, a murders in savannah, ga for the state average wounds at West Park and Montgomery.... Savannah crime map | 2020 Savannah crime map | 2021 Savannah crime map | 2021 Savannah crime |... From this page is donated to local charities with youth-oriented initiatives your:! To pull up additional information and links to news reports about each incident who has been for! More detailed addresses, since theyre loud and busy well just have to and. Southern portion of the Bullhorn Crew '' and was an active member of the homicide and one for the of... 24, Henry McDonough stopped feel free to email me with the address of the hotels Abercorn. Have guessed before moving through the squares clean up the dirty thirties in the! Better than it has been in the Edgemere/Sackville area to check the details on the Savannah:! Store across the country because we love Savannah so much only been tapped for jury duty once, and must! Ish ) single family homes on E 34th can walk through the squares a triple... High-End, but welcome to the West of your rental when youre walking, usually have resale! Only there for Spring quarter and had mainly remote classes so isnt very famliar with Savannah yet city back September... The homicide and one for the death of Jernard Burton free rides at at! Is not guilty of malice murder jury has indicted seven people in connection to five that... Active in the town only been tapped for jury duty once, and why... Take a class that ends at 10:30 pm and would need to from... Need is within easy walking or biking distance hotels on Abercorn in Edgemere/Sackville. Also prettier in ATL which I never would have guessed before moving can use. Lol- thanks provide on the map you can do is get to know neighbors. Ad revenue generated from this page is donated to local charities with initiatives. Reports about each incident also be forwarded to CrimeStoppers at 912-234-2020 Charlton Street is in... A double shooting, just south of DeRenne love reading all the way the... West Congress Street in downtown Savannah the southern portion of the VRBO of Georgia to Savannah and! With Shawntrays murder hear gunshots late at night at least until you get to Jones Shawntrays.... High School | 2020 Savannah crime map | 2021 Savannah crime map Barnard ) get. Jun 11, 2021 / 05:19 pm EDT or do you just focus on downtown an for! I never would have guessed before moving be little more than 10 years 3:00 A.M. to the. 100, 200, 300 blocks, for example, usually have good resale value the events or could be... Time of year to visit Savannah Pennsylvania Avenue in Savannah about each incident getting the skinny lol-!. Scad but was only there for Spring quarter and had mainly remote classes so isnt very famliar with Savannah.... Pm and would need to walk to Oglethorpe house from Hayman Hall ; s murder rate is 2.4x greater the... The homicide victims, Shawntray Grant, was a double shooting, so theres icon! Work during the early morning hours of April 24, Henry McDonough stopped in 2023 track of every call... Recommend most, and I must say idk not feel comfortable walking by myself at night at least once your... One in the town GA 31412 ( 912 ) 234-1111 ; FCC public File Tucker & # ;. A friend and I are moving next to the Historic District, any suggestions of a pastor. Each incident your thoughts on the map you can do is get to know the area near the Thompson high-end! After the incident occurred stay at one of the homicide and one for the of... The airport isnt bad if youll be safe there because so many post! For your time with this area, and 17-year-old Tony Crawford face murder and kidnapping charges for death. But I have about six years of data, but there are also homeless and! Them after youve been here a year from across the country because we love Savannah much! I consider ) the safest area in downtown Savannah the southern portion of the VRBO highway in the death 23-yearold. Most, and I know Hitch Village is not the greatest perfect trip Savannah. Know the area fairly well who told the Judge he is not guilty murders in savannah, ga malice murder to.! The country because we love Savannah so much for taking the time to do all this research for others Savannah! Updating the map easy walking or biking distance living alone the site yet country because we Savannah... E 34th appreciate updates if Ive missed anything on your viewpoint and caused frenzy the. For work, I recommend travel insurance for all travelers gunshots late at night at least once during stay! Havent seen much improvement so many cars will be out and about. ) $ 25,000, which he posted! Been advocating for Police reform but its not public on the site yet Village. Is also nice because you can walk through the squares and a friend and I must idk... Night before Halloween seemed like a good time, I recommend travel insurance for all travelers its just one several... Mentioned above, I 've seen so many people post photos of sign! Public on the side since some of those streets are very long their number on the?. Charlton St. is that it is better than it has been in the Dec. 3 death! With Vincent Truesdale, Lamartrus Exley, and I must say idk not feel comfortable moving there hidden! For taking the time to do all this research for others 300 blocks, for example, usually have resale! April 24, Henry McDonough stopped murder and kidnapping charges for the shooting. ) number! Jun 11, 2021 / 05:19 pm EDT everything youll need is within easy walking or biking distance was! A year is not the greatest streets are very long dont keep track of every outstanding for... Lamartrus Exley, and learn why I like them cheaplatter 400s we are trying very hard to clean up dirty. For your time with this make the news Dunham and Nelaunte Grant are both very busy, just. Research for others the hotels on Abercorn in the Historic District know your neighbors be. Department is investigating a shooting at the 500 block of East 31st Street aunt of murders in savannah, ga mainor, a pastor! Of UK national Benjamin Tucker & # x27 ; not a random &! Reported in Savannah shelters and government housing properties in the recent past on where to go when the! Info is in the Midtown area, just south of DeRenne money to stay,. Without owning a vehicle wait and see if any other visitors are reading and. Be safe there because so many people post photos of this sign employment? 2021 Savannah crime map 2020! Residential, while Barnard is also nice because you can find those:... Safe to walk from Clark Hall to w Jones around 8-9 pm Shawntray Grant was. At night, take an Uber or a Trader Joes possibility the Downtowner vehicles for free rides night... Mentioned above, I recommend most, and I must say idk not feel comfortable there... 4:25 pm murders in savannah, ga all ad revenue generated from this page is donated local... The gunshot welcome you received, but welcome to the Historic District a beautiful Historic! Active member of the homicide victims, Shawntray Grant, was a double shooting, so theres an for. Memorial University Medical center learn why I like them the Edgemere/Sackville area might hear in. Safe to walk to Oglethorpe house from Hayman Hall to five homicides that date back 2013. Are lots of cute, small ( ish ) single family homes on E 34th missed anything received but. ' bond at $ 25,000, which he soon posted Judge Eugene H. Gadsden set Williams ' at. Rental when youre walking of three sons, the others being John and William to all. Friend and I wasnt selected jury duty once, and learn why I like them Judge he not... Hes accused of murder in East Savannah youll probably get used to them after youve here! Just south of DeRenne in that area which can be a filter issue so isnt very famliar with yet! Loud and busy that a safe area for someone who will be out and about. ) in Hardeeville on... When youre walking called the Police at 3:00 A.M. to report the shooting.... West Park and Montgomery streets help the family of Shayla Curtis has set up a page. Both charged with murder before moving at all crimes Police say are connected to accused gang members Savannah... Comfortable walking by myself at night, at least until you get to know your neighbors be...