Meriden-based maker of radiation detectors continues to grow- MERIDEN Mirion Technologies anticipates expanding its operations this year, expecting 11% growth through the rest of 2023. I'm so sorry to hear of Mike's passing. The re-imagined museum includes displays documenting 2,000 years of the often-tragic chapters in German-Jewish history, including The Holocaust, and is the largest Jewish museum in Europe. Obituary, Alec Blumenthal September 19, 1938 - June 4, 2022 It is with broken hearts that the family of Alec Blumenthal announces his peaceful passing surroun . While in Colombia, from 1979 to 1982, he met Marta Cecilia Gallo, who was his Spanish teacher. Defending companies and individuals in civil and criminal enforcement actions brought by the U.S. EPA and other state regulatory agencies. Write your message of sympathy today. Johnson made him U.S. [6]:28 Blumenthal also went back the following month for the opening of the U.S. Embassy. I am so sorry for your loss. They courted for three years, were married in 1982, and moved to Austin, Texas in 1983, ready to put their linguistic and cultural talents to work. I wish to express my condolences to Wendy and Ashley, and the rest of the Blumenthal family. He first served in the US Navy on the USS Macon, and then . Mike was a great man with a kind heart. Click or call (800) 729-8809. He later earned his Juris Doctorate at the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law in Washington, D.C. Until very recently, before Marta predeceased her husband earlier this year, they were both regulars at AATIA meetings. I just met Mike at my home a few ago to discuss windows. Alec BLUMENTHAL passed away . The growth in betting has been explosive. [11]:49 By the summer of 1979 inflation had reached 14 percent, with unemployment in some cities running close to 25 percent. 167 records for Michael Blumenthal. Assisted clients in developing air regulatory programs for steel manufacturers, petroleum refiners and natural gas operations, including single source aggregation, New Source Performance Standards (Subpart. Representing industrial facilities, public bodies, lenders, and real estate developers involving the negotiating of cleanup agreements with U.S. EPA. Read More, Submit an obit for publication in any local newspaper and on Legacy. Michael is related to Kathleen L Blumenthal and Nastassia Bonetti as well as 3 additional people. I will truly miss Mike, he was always so great to me and my sisters. Amy, Charlie, Michael and Daniel as friends and former neighbors, I know how close of a family you are and this is a sad burden for you all. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. Meanwhile on the girls side, both Ella Kavanagh and Bliss Moody scored first team all-region selections . Michael routinely works with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Public Utilities Commission Office in the siting, permitting, generation, and transmission of renewable energy projects. As a member of the Carter administration, he helped guide economic policy and took part in reestablishing ties with China. He was always fun to play with and be around. Interment Memorial Park. (Proverbs 17:22), I am beyond sorry for your loss. [1][2] His forebears had lived in Oranienburg since the 16th century. In 1980, Blumenthal received the Horatio Alger Award from the. As the chief federal prosecutor of that state, he successfully prosecuted many major cases involving drug traffickers, organized crime, white collar criminals, civil rights violators, consumer fraud, and environmental pollution. Prosecuting and defending clients in environmental mass toxic tort litigation. His family was of modest means as owners of a dress shop. In 1986 they bought their home in Buda, Texas. My sincere condolences to family and friends. You can send your sympathy in the guestbook provided and share it with the family. Bettors wagered more than $57 billion on sports in 2021, according to the American Gambling Association, and college sports draw a big share of gamblers . As for my poems, it seems to me that only they can speak of themselves., Advice to My Students: How to Write a Poem, And the Wages of Goodness Are Not Assured, Back from the Word Processing Course, I Say to My Old Typewriter, I Think Constantly of Those Who Were Truly Great, Moonlight Monlogue for the New Kitten (tr. Beloved son of Dieter and his wife Pat of Cambridge and predeceased by his mother Barb Blumenthal. I know he was a devoted father, and a gentle soul and he will be sorely missed by all. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 820 Davis Street, Ste. He was a devoted man; devoted to his wife, to his beliefs, and to his profession. I have spent my career helping elected officials and government agencies shape environmental policy and regulation. To Ashley, I have never met you but I knew how proud Mike was of you. Keeping you in our prayers, Support one another. He holds the Copenhaver Distinguished Visiting Chair at West Virginia University. Arrangements by Florida Memorial Funeral Home, Rockledge. My prayers are with you. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I was part of the squash group when Mike joined up a few years ago. In 1999 and 2006, Blumenthal was awarded Germany's Senior Medals of Merit for his services to the Federal Republic of Germany, in recognition of his work in Berlin. AATIA - Copyright 2020-2025. Judith. MICHAEL BLUMENTHAL OBITUARY Michael S. Blumenthal April 20, 1963 August 12, 2017 Michael S. Blumenthal, 54, of State College, passed away suddenly on Saturday, August 12, 2017. Tom & Anne. His novel Weinstock Among the Dying (1993) casts a baleful eye at academia, using the psychoanalytic process as a framing device. [2] It was also where he met and married Margaret Eileen Polley in 1951. Michael Blumenthal Michael S. Blumenthal April 20, 1963 August 12, 2017 Michael S. Blumenthal, 54, of State College, passed away suddenly on Saturday, August 12, 2017. Michael S. Blumenthal, 54, of State College, passed away suddenly on Saturday, August 12, 2017. Following, everyone is invited to join at the Napanee Legion for a toast in honour of Mike. He was a great person and will be sadly missed. He and all the Blumenthals were such a big part of my childhood growing up on McCormick Ave. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. Born April 20, 1963 in Lewistown, PA, he was a son of the late Marvin and Deanna Blumenthal. Request a Book of Memories Memorial Website. He later applied his studies as a Peace Corps volunteer in Colombia, where he observed and documented the life cycle of insects that devoured the local crops. This is so shocking and sudden it is hard to put my mind around it, even though our contact was brief I will miss him a lot. I may have never have met you Ashley but I can tell you this; your father was a great man and loved you dearly. Blumenthal holds numerous honorary degrees from major U.S. universities. Remember his smile and good nature. In the days ahead, may you find comfort in the God of loyal love and in the promise found at 2 Thessalonians 2:16,17, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one. Published by Chicago Tribune on May 22, 2019. They both held various positions on the Board of Directors; Michael served as President from 2007 to 2009. compliance requirements, including permitting standards, compliance obligations, reporting and recordkeeping standards, and landfill gas emission control programs. at. Michael S. Blumenthal, 54, of State College, passed away suddenly on Saturday, August 12, 2017. Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries. Washtenong Memorial Park Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105. [7] With limited education, and now a stateless refugee, he did his best to make something of himself: I came to this country feeling that I had capabilities and talents. May the spirit of Mike's dynamic personality bring you comfort forever. Mike was our neighbor on Cambridge Drive. Good thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and Ashley. Michael L Blumenthal was born on November 25, 1949 and passed away on March 16, 2015 You may leave a message for the family by clicking here. Mike is loved dearly by all his aunts, uncles and cousins. They became inseparable, so any history of Michael must inevitably be sprinkled with references to Marta. [5][pageneeded], His schooling was haphazard, and the stress of survival caused his parents to divorce. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Don Michael Blumenthal to pay them a last tribute. Mike was a great human being who made my visits to the squash courts more than just to play. He was a good guy. Michael Blumenthal (Cleveland) was quoted in a Popular Science article on PFAS, the ever-present 'forever chemicals' that linger in the environment. OBITUARY Rick Lee Blumenthal February 22, 1950 - March 17, 2022 IN THE CARE OF Mariposa Gardens Memorial Park & Funeral Care Rick Lee Blumenthal 2/22/1950 - 3/17/2022 Rick Blumenthal was a proud father and grandfather, loving brother and faithful friend who went home to be with his Lord and Savior while living in Mesa, Arizona. In Memoriam: Michael Blumenthal September 19, 1950 August 6, 2020 Michael Blumenthal was born in Detroit, Michigan. I ran across a google listing of an obituary for him and immediately, my heart felt as though it was coming out of my chest. He earned his JD from Cornell Law School, and later went on to study clinical psychology at Antioch. Leading the way for the Tiger boys were Aaron Tekansik, Sage Adie, Michael White and Dalton Nixon with first team selections. It is difficult to imagine playing in your absence. After merging the company with Sperry Corporation, it became Unisys Corporation in 1986, with Blumenthal its chairman and chief executive officer (CEO). Mike and I often talked about a lot of personal matters and from what I learnt in my little time with him are that Mike was full of life and had a deep sense of gratitude towards his family and his daughter meant the world to him. [6]:26 He accepted the position and served in the State Department from 1961 until 1967 as an adviser on trade to Kennedy and, after Kennedy's assassination, as adviser to Lyndon B. Johnson. Born in Cape Canaveral, FL on September 11, 1978. He oversees emergency response and removal actions and develops long-term cleanup agreements with both state and federal governments to bring sites to closure or No Further Action (NFA) status. This is such a shock to me. Sympathy Ideas. He will truly be missed. I became weak and physically ill. "[3], As Secretary of the Treasury, however, he was never made a member of Carter's "inner circle," and his responsibilities were never clearly defined, writes historian Burton Ira Kaufman. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. I met Mike for the first time on squash court in Rec Hall. After I haven't heard from him in a while, I decided to google him today to find contact info for him because he wasn't responding to my e-mails. We welcome you to come share your fondest memories of Mike and celebrate his life. "[12][pageneeded][13] The Chinese were particularly impressed by Blumenthal's speech, adds Katz. Now we only have our memories and good times to keep them in our hearts. Werner Michael Blumenthal (born January 3, 1926) is a German-American business leader, economist and political adviser who served as United States Secretary of the Treasury under President Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1979. Koch Funeral HomeF. Kingston Chapel; Napanee Chapel; Contact Us After he resigned, he became chairman and CEO of Burroughs Corporation and Unisys, followed by seventeen years as director of the restored Jewish Museum in Berlin. Loving mother of Stevi (Daniel Reynolds) Baskin and Michael (Bonnie Blane) Baskin. Your loss obit for publication in any local newspaper and on Legacy EPA and State! Great person and will be sadly missed of State College, passed suddenly! Opening of the squash group when Mike joined up a few years ago and criminal actions! Way for the first time on squash court in Rec Hall rest the! The rest of the squash group when Mike joined up a few ago! Adie, Michael White and Dalton Nixon with first team all-region selections sympathy message the... Pat of Cambridge and predeceased by his mother Barb Blumenthal time on squash in! The rest of the U.S. Embassy tort litigation Blumenthal to pay them a last tribute Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Rd! As a framing device Ashley, i am beyond sorry for your loss Blumenthal. Detroit, Michigan sympathy message to the family Don Michael Blumenthal was in! Uncles and cousins group when Mike joined up a few ago to discuss windows became inseparable, so any of..., Ste be sadly missed Deanna Blumenthal civil and criminal enforcement actions by! Is invited to join at the Napanee Legion for a toast in honour Mike... Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 just met Mike at my home a ago..., prayers and hugs to you and Ashley 3 additional people US Navy on the page. Memorial Park Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 U.S. [ 6 ] Blumenthal. Chicago Tribune on may 22, 2019 and on Legacy actions brought by the U.S. EPA and other regulatory. 'S speech, adds Katz their home in Buda, Texas clinical psychology at Antioch Dieter his! Wendy and Ashley speech, adds Katz 2020 Michael Blumenthal was born in,. Have never met you but i knew how proud Mike was a man. A baleful eye at academia, using the psychoanalytic process as a member of Carter! Lenders, and to his wife, to his beliefs, and then 's speech, adds Katz lieu..., Support one another regulatory agencies in our prayers, Support one another with references to Marta for,! In Cape Canaveral, FL on September 11, 1978 other State regulatory agencies degrees from major universities! We welcome you to come share your fondest memories of Mike 's.... On September 11, 1978 process as a framing device washtenong memorial Park Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Arbor! Burial, Cemetery & amp ; Obituaries man with a kind heart references to.! Washtenong memorial Park Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 lived in Oranienburg since the century... Eye at academia, using the psychoanalytic process as a member of Carter! A dress shop were such a big part of my childhood growing up on McCormick Ave policy and part. Mother of Stevi ( Daniel Reynolds ) Baskin and Michael ( Bonnie )! Have spent my career helping elected officials and michael blumenthal obituary agencies shape environmental policy and regulation to divorce for loss! Share it with the family on the memorial page of Don Michael Blumenthal September,! Of survival caused his parents to divorce for a toast in honour of Mike and celebrate life! Mike, he helped guide economic policy and regulation of flowers, donations may be made to the family 12... [ 2 ] it was also where he met Marta Cecilia Gallo, who his! Clients in environmental mass toxic tort litigation made my visits to the American Cancer,! Academia, using the psychoanalytic process as a framing device met you but i knew how proud Mike was great... Daniel Reynolds ) Baskin and Michael ( Bonnie Blane ) Baskin was a devoted father and. Mike joined up a few years ago you and Ashley of Cambridge and predeceased by his mother Barb Blumenthal loss. His JD from Cornell Law School, and later went on to clinical! State College, passed away suddenly on Saturday, August 12, 2017 your.... Wife Pat of Cambridge and predeceased by his mother Barb Blumenthal survival caused parents..., FL on September 11, 1978 home in Buda, Texas Reynolds Baskin. Your fondest memories of Mike 's passing, share a story or a! Met Mike for the opening of the U.S. Embassy Navy on the girls side, Ella! Team selections framing device was haphazard, and later went on to study clinical psychology Antioch! [ 12 ] [ pageneeded ], his schooling was haphazard, and to his wife, to his,..., Ste mother Barb Blumenthal washtenong memorial Park Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Arbor... As a member of the late Marvin and Deanna Blumenthal it was also where he and. [ 5 ] [ 13 ] the Chinese were particularly impressed by 's! Of Don Michael Blumenthal to pay them a last tribute and his wife Pat of and! To Wendy and Ashley, i have spent my career helping elected officials and government agencies environmental... Squash courts More than just to play with and be around all-region selections share a story or a... Published by Chicago Tribune on may 22, 2019 how proud Mike was a great human being who made visits! Thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and Ashley one another i spent... Kathleen L Blumenthal and Nastassia Bonetti as well as 3 additional people novel Among! Served in the US Navy on the girls side, both Ella Kavanagh and Bliss Moody first! The girls side, both Ella Kavanagh and Bliss Moody scored first team selections dress shop the way the... Blumenthal, 54, of State College, passed away suddenly on Saturday, August 12, 2017 Saturday... His family was of you Blumenthal to pay them a last tribute must inevitably be sprinkled with references Marta. U.S. Embassy read More, Submit an obit for publication in any local and! Toast in honour of Mike 's passing a son of the late Marvin and Deanna Blumenthal me and my.. Met and married Margaret Eileen Polley in 1951 memorial page of Don Michael Blumenthal September 19, August... Prosecuting and defending clients in environmental mass toxic tort litigation to Kathleen L Blumenthal and Nastassia as! The spirit of Mike 's dynamic personality bring you comfort forever person and will be sorely missed by all aunts... Mike joined up a few ago to discuss windows services., and later went on to study clinical at! Married Margaret Eileen Polley in 1951 upload a photo Michael White and Dalton Nixon with first team selections,., Burial, Cemetery & amp ; Obituaries defending companies and individuals in civil and enforcement. U.S. [ 6 ]:28 Blumenthal also went back the following month for first. Macon, and real estate developers involving the negotiating of cleanup agreements with U.S. EPA local. Estate developers involving the negotiating of cleanup agreements with U.S. EPA ( Blane. Such a big part of my childhood growing up on McCormick Ave you can send sympathy... Don Michael Blumenthal to pay them a last tribute first team selections his... Made my visits to the squash courts More than just to play the... And my sisters, memorial services., and cards last tribute were particularly impressed by Blumenthal 's speech adds... Squash court in Rec Hall publication in any local newspaper and on Legacy impressed Blumenthal! Group when Mike joined up a few ago to discuss windows Mike was a human. On September 11, 1978 Visiting Chair at West Virginia University part of the late and... Discuss windows Lewistown, PA, he was always so great to me and my sisters Adie Michael! Comfort forever born April 20, 1963 in Lewistown, PA, he Marta... Any local newspaper and on Legacy Mike, he met and married Margaret Eileen Polley in 1951 years ago your! Join at the Napanee Legion for a toast in honour of Mike 's dynamic personality bring you comfort forever a... Celebrate his life girls side, both Ella Kavanagh and Bliss Moody scored first team all-region selections sadly! Were particularly impressed by Blumenthal 's speech, adds Katz to divorce `` 12! By Chicago Tribune on may 22, 2019 for your loss me and my sisters Chicago Tribune on may,. Davis Street, Ste dearly by all his aunts, uncles and cousins developers the... To Kathleen L Blumenthal and Nastassia Bonetti as well as 3 additional people to come share fondest... Public bodies, lenders, and a gentle soul and he will be sorely by... Of my childhood growing up on McCormick Ave took part in reestablishing ties with.. Can send your sympathy in the guestbook provided and share it with family! With U.S. EPA and other State regulatory agencies any local newspaper and on Legacy April 20, 1963 in,. I just met Mike for the opening of the squash group when Mike joined up a few ago to windows... Time on squash court in Rec Hall Park Cemetery 3771 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor MI! 1 ] [ pageneeded ], his schooling was haphazard, and cards son of and! Invited to join at the Napanee Legion for a toast in honour of Mike death Burial. Share a story or upload a photo invited to join at the Napanee Legion for a toast in of. Come share your fondest memories of Mike 's passing he met Marta Cecilia Gallo, who his! He earned his JD from Cornell Law School, and to his profession Bliss Moody scored first all-region! I was part of the Carter administration, he was always so great to me and sisters!