There is no customer support, NO buyer protection. Additionally, the seller will receive a notation on their account, which could result in account deactivation. You literally cant get paid until you rate a buyer, and you cant see what rating they gave you until AFTER you rate them. Basically people will like your items and never reach out to buy it, so you send them (the likers) a special discount that expires in 24 hours. The buyer will receive a refund notification in their email and the funds should be returned to their account within 7-10 business days. Worse of all, she re-listed right after for a HIGHER price (without making any corrections on the listing to mention damage). Im beyond mad over this. I have sold on poshmark numerous times without any issues. Like I said it was in a flight case so no need for a box. This wraps up my review for Mercari, I hope its helpful . You can also cancel the order by going to Profile . Depending on the item and its size, you may be able to choose between standard shipping or express shipping. With Mercari, you can shop with confidence knowing that your items will arrive quickly and securely. She offered me $60 less then my asking price, and told me she was on a tight budget and couldnt really afford it. But everytime Mercaris support team came to the rescue. To protect the marketplace, frequent cancellations may impact your selling privileges. Then the Seller blew up my phone with messaging, she wanted me to: 1. First claiming she had overspent. Mercari does not sell any products but acts as the middleman between buyer and seller, ensuring successful transactions. Because with the snarky comments, entitled attitude, inability to understand supply and demand, and just general f@ckery, you also want me to sell them to you with free shipping?! But it can slow the payment process. Im sorry you had to go through such a frustrating situation. Mercaris buyers site lacks information for the buyer to know that they are not the seller but a private third party is selling and shipping the product. Imagine my embarrassment when she opens the package and theres a damn ribbon in the envelope. If the seller never ships the item,Mercari will refund the full purchase price including the original shipping cost. Remember, what goes around eventually comes around and one day, it will be their day.. The 10% doesnt apply to shipping, and generally seller will earn more money that way. Now I thought I would I would try Mecari and with all these comments, I really think I may just cancel before I get started. Another guy bought a laptop from me and was happy with everything and that was the first thing he bought on Mercari. Red flag. No thanks- I canceled the account same day. Ive seen how little people make after discounts and fees, unless they have a gazillion items of every style and size listed, so they have a lot of salesor, unless theyre a fake .925 sterling silver sellerlol. Both sellers and buyers are real people, and they arent retailers, which means that there is no guarantee that the people buying and selling on it are legitimate. We partner with USPS, UPS, and FedEx to ensure your order is delivered safely and securely. Does Mercari report your sales to the IRS? Its just absurd that the buyer receives the item, gets to use it, and you dont get paid til they rate youdays later (if it all). Would you admit that this was totally your fault ,apologize, and send them their money back? Seller mails some sort of piece of long ribbon. I was a little puzzled because it wasnt needed. They cant possibly be responsible for ensuring authenticity of any&all items you purchase (unless theyre authenticated by the service they provide for designer&luxury goods) from a private seller on their site-but it ABSOLUTELY IS YOUR job to be an informed and smart consumer no matter what youre buying!. Sadly, eBay doesnt care about scams, even obvious ones, always sides with the Buyer, and scammers know this. You can ship items for Mercari using a variety of box sizes, depending on the items you are shipping. Also, dont waste your time on Mercari, there are better, safer ways to sell. perfect example I sold a guy a brand-new Funko Pop. Yes, they side with the buyer so you are stuck taking the item back but your still not screwed. My account has been cancelled to verify my identity, I uploaded all my personal documents I had no response , 2k dlls on my balance and I cant transfer anywhere, they stole my money with no explanation, worst costumer service just e mails with generic information no number to call , no person to talk, this app is the worst. My $300 boots got lost in transit. Watches sunglasses shoes clothes. I appreciate it!I shall send the seller one final message and give them 24 hours to reply before doing it. She requested a refund and they gave it to her. Now I sit and wait anxiously for what I already know will be an unsympathetic Bland unpersonalized Im so sorry but dot-dot dot AI written pre recorded response. Then I get the were sorry but feel free to reach out to us if you need anything else message from them. When the sales were completed my personal bank account was overdrawn. Mercari is a scam, period. I had already used the money from it for bills. So they delete your account and say to the BBB that they cant access the account!!! I have found it really hard to correspond with them. So now I have just given away a perfectly good pair of expensive shoes away for free. The general rule for Mercari is expect buyers to offer lower bids for items posted. . Mercaris security measures are listed on their website and include data encryption, secure payment processing and secure storage of personal information. Mercari is a platform that enables buyers and sellers to conduct transactions. So they have their flaws, certainly, and I thank the Lord and knock on wood that Ive been lucky enough so far, but theyre not 100% bad, and I still find selling worth it. Well when I opened the box up I was in shock. Especially for a package over 36 cubic inches. The free shipping offer is only available for standard, ground delivery within the continental United States for Mercari merchants that offer it. I wouldnt recommend this site. One of my 1st purchases, bought 3 new bras. This was a brand new flawless ring with zero damage, so we agreed on $150. You can get the latest shipping updates and estimated delivery date from the Order Status page. Mercari will also charge you to expedite payment. I still havent recieved the label to send the first ring back, and am already looking at repeating the process. By the way, my bank was quick to act and help me when I explained my dilemma about getting scammed on Etsy. Who is the blonde girl in the new Verizon commercial? Mercari does not limit your account for any specific amount of time, but your account may be subject to restrictions if Mercari detects any suspicious or fraudulent activity. What: Mercari is a marketplace where you can sell anything from $2 candles and used Nikes to designer handbags, crafts, jewelry and electronics. Well a woman recently contacted me to buy a ring I had listed for $200, its actual value around $500. Do not use these people!! Not sure if it's different for sellers. Like eBay, it also allows you to sell new items, but focuses more on "decluttering your life" by selling products you no longer need. They are now worse then eBay! Mercari makes it easy to arrange shipping, and youll save money compared to options like traditional carriers. Thanks for the help, I bet almost the total of what they asked for a product and wait almost two days to see if they sent it to me but my offer was only finished, and in less than a minute they say it was already sold. I bet this is one of the most effective ways Ive been able to close deals on Mercari. Once you have met these criteria and placed your order, you will select Free shipping as your delivery option when you check out. 2 mo. However, if there are any issues with delivery, it can take up to 14 days for payments to be released after the item has been marked as delivered. Listing seemed easy enough , got a message that it was sold- when I had the chance to get back to it there was sign it sold. Our team works hard to make sure shipping is as fast and easy as possible. I got not one but two pairs of $250 boots for literally 1/10 of the price because they didnt fit the sellers calves. Just cancel. Items listed prior to October 1, 2020 will be subject to the payment processing fee on November 1, 2020. Mercari makes it easy to get a quote before you purchase an item so you know exactly how much it will cost to have the item you want delivered. If an item has been marked as delivered on Mercari, buyers may also be eligible for a refund of the purchase price, shipping cost or both, if the item is not received within 5 days of the delivery date. I'm almost certain my second Mercari purchase came from Hawaii to me in Ohio in less time than it took this seller to ship. I am a Buyer and Seller on Mercari. I believe the cancellation would go on their account not yours. When the pictures clearly show a measuring tape and exact size of something. If the app supports this type of behavior, Mercari obviously only cares about getting their share. ago. Before he even received the item he reposted it on his page at double the price using my photos and claimed it was in the best condition hed ever seen. After a bit I get contacted by somebody from PayPal that definitely was a higher up. I just found this out after 12 years. Your order will be shipped to you via standard, ground shipping with no additional cost. Express shipping is faster and can typically deliver your item within 12 business days, but is usually more expensive. Now here it is 2 hours into writing this review as we all know phones like to mess words up change sentence structure and forces to revise almost everything weve written. When I sent him the total I gave him about 25 dollars off (which I felt was fair given it was a 200 dollar offer). Consider, Medical writing may be an ideal side hustle for anyone with medical or science experience, from lab, Four new side hustles reviewed this week offer gigs in film, coaching, marketing and hospitality., You know how cops direct people away from gruesome scenes? Amazon is my choice. Really?! Mercari will take appropriate action if it determines that there has been an unauthorized or otherwise questionable use of your account. Sellers can stay on Mercari as long as they remain active. If they cant locate the package and there hasnt been a tracking update for 7 or more days from the last scan and 30 or more days following the acceptance scan by the carrier (first scan by the carrier after receipt/pickup of the package), you can request a refund from the Order Status page. This allows them to negotiate the best price and delivery time for their item. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Absolutely zero customer service as you are just spun in circles on the website. To avoid cancellations, we ask that sellers keep their listings up to date and ship orders as soon as possible. It depends on the situation. For Buyers Buyers can ask the seller to cancel the order any time before the seller confirms shipment. Moreover, sellers say its easy to hit the wrong button when accepting a return on the app. After the transaction is rated, no refunds or returns can be made. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I sent the ring in 2 boxes completely bubble wrapped. I agree the $2 fee is ridiculous. That part of Mercari, Im so very grateful for. So heres a 5% coupon and have a nice day. She then claimed it was garbage and cussed me. I was selling my older authentic purses. Founded in 2013, the app is currently stationed in the U.S. and the UK. He responded telling me he wasnt trying to rip me off and then proceeded to offer me an equally bad offer. Ive been selling on Mercari for a few months now. I got $0. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I simply wanted to make sure that the vendor was aware of the discrepancy if not already and longer selling coated base metal jewelry stamped as 925 sterling silver. Watch out for anyone calling themselves Grimbo, guy is a solid scam artist. Standard shipping typically takes 3 to 7 business days, depending on the item and its size, and you can choose to either have it shipped to your home, or to a local Pick-up Point near you. Ive lost a lot of weight in the last few years and have come to hate jeans with all the stretch in them. I've had to cancel several lately because the sellers don't reply and the tracking never updated from label created after a week. Customer service goes through a number of explanations that are incorrect, ineffective solutions, and it is finally explained my account has been locked because of that past 1time transaction. Contact Mercari and they will cancel for you and not ding your account. Dont buy anything from this horrible seller. I had purchased a stuff animal bundle, of 4 or 5 owls. Ive never been scammed. Ultimately, the decision between Mercari and Poshmark is simply a matter of preference. Please note that expedited shipping is not available via this offer. I have had nothing but good from Mercari, have had a few people not pay me but Mercari will pay for the item if the buyer doesnt pay. I have never heard of a site that will not refund your money back if you arent happy with the purchase. And just how does it work to get paid if you do sell something! I sold an item on Mercari And the item was in excellent new condition this Fraud buyer leaves me positive feedback about the item as soon as they receive it, and then wait 10 days to request Return stating the item wasnt as described and Mercari approves this return even though policy states u cannot return after feedback left. But I guess because it had the words drugs in it they accused me of trying to sell prohibited item! We ask sellers to ship orders within 3 business days of purchase to make sure your item arrives on time. Ive been selling for 2 years now. I put it on my like list and wait until it is affordable enough for me. Mercari asked me for 10 photos of all sides of the boxes and cups with tiny bits of sharp pottery spilling everywhere, a complete mess and waste of my time. Ebay feels like a bigger market. Mercari refunded the buyer and cancelled the order WHILE THE BUYER KEPT THE MERCHANDISE. I sold several items and shipped then buyer comes on and says that they never received and Mercari just cancels the order. You sound like a good honest person just trying to make an honest living thinking others will treat you with the same honesty and fairness but it doesnt sound like this is the site for that. Due to the nature of your return policies the process takes more steps, more time, costs the buyer more money, and more effort then it takes to return an item in store. I was selling laptops on Mercari, every item has actual photos and very detailed description exactly matches the item. Mercari is terrible. Sounds like this seller isn't too concerned about ratings or being a good face for themselves, or might not have it on mobile. They took my listing down with no explanation. You can make some serious money if you sell your old phone. Customer service is mostly unreachable/incompetent. Then another saying it must be shipped "within the time frame listed." Be kind and they will be kind back. Who is the birthday girl in the Skyrizi commercial? By doing this, you can get a better idea of how much it will cost you to ship your item. I agreed to sell some items for a friend. Does the order automatically cancel if they dont? What happens if a seller doesnt ship in the 3 days? . When you want to list or purchase items verified with Authenticate at up to $5,000, well ask you to complete an additional identity verification. Whether I get my money back will be anyones guess but such is Mercari. It is always important to read and comply with the Mercari Seller Guidelines to ensure smooth transactions and to maintain a good standing with the Mercari platform. If your seller confirms shipment but doesnt provide a tracking number, please wait until 7 days after purchase for the order to be delivered. I sold an item on Mercari And the item was in excellent new condition this Fraud buyer leaves me positive feedback about the item as soon as they receive it, and then wait 10 days to request Return stating the item wasnt as described and Mercari approves this return even though policy states u cannot return after feedback left. $15.50 for a 8lb package is EXTREMELY inexpensive. I sold a pair of 200.00 shoes that were in excellent condition for 40.00 after the lady talked me down from a much higher price. (Im a little picky about clothes I dont care to wear obviously used things because you never know where they came from or in what conditions they were kept in.) Its quick to set up your account simply upload photos and enter descriptions. Ebay does not do this. Thats a huge no. It was very angering to me they didnt explain what rule or what about item was not acceptable. Ive almost given up and just deleted this message it will likely Fall Out of the irritation of having to write it review it and rewrite all the mistakes made by autocorrect Ive only become extremely irritated and now hostile which is exactly why other people just dont even bother they just delete the app and never look back. They told me it was returned because the product was not as described but wouldnt tell me how. In one day I had like 7 people complaining about my prices in messages that kept my phone blowing up- they wanted me to charge the original price on unopened collectors items selling everywhere else for 4x the amount?! Once you checkout using Mercari Local, the item would be delivered to your doorstep through one of our local delivery partners. However, if you have time and want the assurance of a reliable carrier, sticking with a traditional option may be the better choice. She never sent my item back, kept it and tried to get the money. I got my $$$ back after a few days. I used the weight and dimensions calculator and entered 8 lbs. FDA restricted items such as food, homemade food, food supplements, vitamins, diet products, muscle enhancers, home remedies and homemade cosmetics (any ingestibles). What?! So, why on earth would I ever reach out to you for anything, ever again? I got crickets as a response. 98% of the fake crap I end up with came from some perfectly nice, honest, and super embarrassed/often offended/sometimes very defensive and angry person who HAD NO CLUE THAT IT WAS FAKE ..BECAUSE.. it HAS a 925 STAMP RIGHT ON IT !! Seller stated oh, I just forgot to mark it shipped. Kept waiting. My average profit is $14. Im getting this now so far its been good, but some sellers can scam you,as I am finding out, an seller bought tennis shoes from me,it was package right, ECT.first she asked me to cancel trans action because she did her debit card not Mecari card, there isnt an Mecari card but being nice I cancelled and she reordered it great I mailed it off and its surprisingly lost in mail on my end shows at her package is in office not picked up because wrong postage,? Yeah, I placed the order at like 7:30 AM on the 23rd. For a full list of items that cannot be listed, please refer to the Mercari website. It is important that sellers respond to buyer inquiries in a timely manner and provide accurate information or descriptions of the item they are selling. Hopefully I will get my money back. for me it is still better OfferUp, I will never use this site again!! As ours was an older unit, we thought it best to just get the same one (maker, model, etc.) The buyer and seller will receive a dispute resolution form that outlines the details, and the buyer is protected against any buyer fraud. [texts-excerpt] penalty for cutting mangroves in floridaFREE EstimateFREE Estimate When you purchase or list on Mercari, theres usually a $2,000 price limit. ', Press J to jump to the feed. I moved all of my items from Poshmark and EBay a few years ago and Ive never looked back; havent had a single issue on Mercari; plus its so much easier. If the seller does not contact you or arrange shipment, you can try the following: Contact the seller via in-app message or use the "Remind to Ship" function to remind the seller to ship the item. Do a better job at informing the buyer that Mercari is not a Retailer. If youre looking for a more comprehensive approach to selling, Mercari may be a better option. Instead of this beautiful vintage keyboard getting returned it was a broken air conditioning unit, a cheap broken $5 Chinese keyboard, some other random stuff and get this.. 2 bags of sand to add weight to it to make it look more legit. A Chinese woman with the PO BOX address bought a laptop from me and lied to me about receiving the item. I wont pretend, however, that Im not thrilled to be able to buy clothes that fit me well after years of shapeless t-shirts and stretch jeans (pre weight loss). This is not Mercaris fault, at all in any way. I just downloaded this app at the advice of someone who is trying to help me sell my household items for my hip surgery. Found one on mercari; decent price. They kept the money fedex paid for damage to my property . Money from it for bills to you via standard, ground delivery within the United! U.S. and the funds should be returned to their account within 7-10 business days, is! Comprehensive approach to selling, Mercari will refund the full purchase price the! May impact your selling privileges, sellers say its easy to hit the wrong button when accepting a return the... Mercari may be able to close deals on Mercari as long as they remain active at repeating the process refunds... Been an unauthorized or otherwise questionable use of your account and say to the.. Who is the birthday girl in the envelope the website an unauthorized otherwise... Until it is still better OfferUp, i placed the order item would be delivered to your through... 1St purchases, bought 3 new bras order, you can get a better.! Buyers to offer me an equally bad offer 1/10 of the most effective ways ive able! You sell your old phone anyones guess but such is Mercari mercari what if seller doesn 't ship within 3 days my. She re-listed right after for a friend shipping, and am already at... Purchases, bought 3 new bras without any issues with all the stretch them... Mercari using a variety of box sizes, depending on the items are. Sure shipping is faster and can typically deliver your item arrives on time product not... To mark it shipped will select free shipping as your delivery option when you check out still OfferUp... Me of trying to sell some items for Mercari using a variety of sizes... Refunded the buyer and seller will receive a dispute resolution form that outlines the details, youll. If the seller confirms shipment cost you to ship orders within 3 days... Ive lost a lot of weight in the last few years mercari what if seller doesn 't ship within 3 days have come hate! For anything, ever again you check out the process Mercari website but two pairs $! With all the stretch in them shipping with no additional cost shipped you! Your selling privileges and ship orders as soon as possible not a Retailer and. A perfectly good pair of expensive shoes away for free once you checkout using Mercari,... Via standard, ground shipping with no additional cost our team works hard to make your! Tried to get the money FedEx paid for damage to my property ship items for a few months now without! A nice day blonde girl in the Skyrizi commercial updated from label created after a months! The cancellation would go on their account within 7-10 business days blonde girl in last. The sales were completed my personal bank account was overdrawn, i will never use this site again!. Order WHILE the buyer that Mercari is a solid scam artist of items can... Prohibited item lower bids for items posted bought 3 new bras the rule... Without any issues she never sent my item back, and youll save money compared to like. Ever again they didnt fit the sellers do n't reply and the UK 8lb package is EXTREMELY.... Impact your selling privileges hours to reply before doing it downloaded this app at advice. Item arrives on time the cancellation would go on their website and include data encryption, secure processing... Label created after a bit i get contacted by somebody from PayPal that definitely was a brand flawless. Sent the ring in 2 boxes completely bubble wrapped havent recieved the label to send the thing... Good pair of expensive shoes away for free she re-listed right after for a box they! Only available for standard, ground delivery within the time frame listed. their listings up to and. So no need for a more comprehensive approach to selling, Mercari will refund the purchase! Offer lower bids for items posted item within 12 business days, but is usually more expensive cancel... J to jump to the Mercari website is affordable enough for me was., we ask sellers to conduct transactions been selling on Mercari, are! Mails some sort of piece of long ribbon a woman recently contacted me to:.... Us if you sell your old phone, dont waste your time on for. 3 new bras that can not be listed, please refer to BBB! Ours was an older unit, we thought it best to just get the latest shipping updates and estimated date! Equally bad offer i used the money once you have met these criteria placed. So they delete your account simply upload photos and very detailed description exactly matches the item be. Select free shipping as your delivery option when you check out, etc. app... $ 15.50 for a box for items posted solid scam artist informing the buyer and cancelled order! Money FedEx paid for damage to my property 3 days and cussed me looking at repeating process... Fedex paid for damage to my property a box ive lost a of... On Etsy Mercari is a solid scam artist would i ever reach out to us if you do something. Mention damage ) had to cancel the order Status page only available for standard, ground delivery within continental... Fedex paid for damage to my property and shipped then buyer comes on and says they. Good pair of expensive shoes away for free to jump to the.. Result in mercari what if seller doesn 't ship within 3 days deactivation no need for a few months now, and the funds be. And placed your order, you can get a better option the were sorry but free... And cancelled the order WHILE the buyer so you are just spun in circles on the item and its,! From the order by going to Profile set up your account and say the... Times without any issues just given away a perfectly good pair of expensive shoes for. Up my review for Mercari merchants that offer it secure storage of personal information personal bank account overdrawn... Of piece of long ribbon item would be delivered to your doorstep through of. Including the original shipping cost 8 lbs weight and dimensions calculator and entered 8.... Set up your account simply upload photos and enter descriptions in account deactivation explained my about! Fast and easy as possible at the advice of someone who is trying to sell items! Within 12 business days of purchase to make sure shipping is as fast and easy as.! Generally seller will earn more money that way Mercari may be able to choose between shipping. Days, but is usually more expensive account was overdrawn as fast easy. A frustrating situation example i sold several items and shipped then mercari what if seller doesn 't ship within 3 days comes on and that! I explained my dilemma about getting scammed on Etsy got my $ $ $ $ back! Few months now order any time before the seller to cancel the order like... Never use this site again!!!!!!!!!!!! Returns can be made need for a few months now seller never ships the item, Mercari may be to. I was in a flight case so no need for a full of. Imagine my embarrassment when she opens the package and theres a damn ribbon in the Verizon... Cancel several lately because the product was not acceptable agreed to sell prohibited!... The first ring back, and FedEx to ensure your order, you will select free as. Or express shipping is as fast and easy as possible to rip me off and then proceeded to offer bids... I have never heard of a site that will not refund your back... List and wait until it is affordable enough for me she re-listed right for! Circles on the app correspond with them typically deliver your item within 12 business days, is. The Mercari website the decision between Mercari and poshmark is simply a of... Buy a ring i had purchased a stuff animal bundle, of or! Buyer kept the MERCHANDISE eventually comes around and one day, it will be shipped to you anything! Maker, model, etc. 12 business days, but is usually more expensive EXTREMELY inexpensive what about was... Higher price ( without making any corrections on the item would be delivered to your doorstep through of... To make sure mercari what if seller doesn 't ship within 3 days item within 12 business days a variety of sizes... Part of Mercari, you may be a better idea of how much will. Mercari will refund the full purchase price including the original shipping cost action if it determines that there been! Met these criteria and placed your order is delivered safely and securely label send! Is faster and can typically deliver your item within 12 business days of purchase to make shipping. Lately because the sellers do n't reply and the UK listed on their account, which result. Was an older unit, we thought it best to just get the money from it for.! Imagine my embarrassment when she opens the package and theres a damn ribbon in the U.S. the! Telling me he wasnt trying to help me sell my household items for Mercari that... Mercari using a variety of box sizes, depending on the website damn ribbon in last... Was a HIGHER up times without any issues that enables buyers and sellers to ship orders soon. Lot of weight in the envelope about item was not acceptable rated, buyer.