The vehicle was . The contact stated that the electronic parking brake failed and caused the brake to stop the vehicle without warning. The Compass is reported to consume almost two gallons of gasoline for every 100 miles traveled. Next you can unplug the red positive pole cable. As far as real world daily experience, you should search the Cherokee forums and ask owners therethey can tell you if they like the system or not. #epb #bmw #x3 Jeep Compass wont start causes and how to fix it, Jeep Compass dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Jeep Compass makes clicking noise and won't start - causes and how to fix it, Jeep Compass key fob won't lock or unlock the doors, Jeep Compass dead battery symptoms, causes, and how to jump start, How to permanently disable Auto Start-Stop on Jeep Cherokee, Compass or Wrangler, How to remote start Jeep Compass with key fob or mobile device, Jeep Compass windshield washer not working causes and how to fix it, Jeep Compass horn not working causes and how to fix it, Toyota Harrier dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Android Auto on VW Touareg, how to connect, Ford Explorer AC blowing hot air causes and how to fix it, Subaru BRZ ABS light is on causes and how to reset, Range Rover Sport bad ignition coils symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Mercury Mountaineer shakes at highway speeds causes and how to fix it, Lincoln MKC auto windows not working, how to reset, How to activate Cruise Control on Toyota Tundra, GMC Sierra 2500 HD bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Pontiac Aztek slow acceleration causes and how to fix it, Kia Cadenza pulls to the left when driving, Genesis G90 dashboard lights flicker and wont start causes and how to fix it, Hyundai i20 AC blower motor not working causes and diagnosis, Ford F-350 Super Duty bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Chevy Silverado 3500 HD bad O2 sensor symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Maserati Ghibli bad spark plugs symptoms, causes, and diagnosis, Wireless Android Auto on Audi S7, how to connect, Nissan Maxima bad wheel speed sensor symptoms how to diagnose, Ford Mondeo wont start causes and how to fix it. It turned out to be the battery was the reason it wasnt starting. Jeep compass with 3k miles will not start. The most common causes of a Jeep Compass not starting are lack of fuel, faulty ignition switch, clogged fuel filter, and worn spark plugs. However, it is possible that the starter is nearing the end of its life, so it is recommended that you have it inspected at a dealer or maintenance shop. Just do some preventative checking of brake fluid etc. Dealer charged the battery on nuclear to get me going. I tried again, but still nothing. 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Under the knife getting a complete overhaul. Your likely going to need to get it into the dealer to find what the service 4wd light is on for. This is the only find I've had any issues with the car. checking the voltage, usually results in values of approx. Replaced at dealership for 300+. The contact owns a 2018 Jeep Compass. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Lovely little car otherwise though. coolant?) I'm still gunna have it checked out.. To fix this problem, you may need to replace the starter. Perhaps there was a glitch in the brake light switch (s). One issue that is always cited concerning the Jeep Compass is its high fuel consumption. My Jeep Compass is like new but it does not start until I try many times. Sorry, I need to correct information, I dont know what I was thinking when I read this the first time, "service electronic brake system" is not the "service 4wd system" I was thinking of. I have 2018 Jeep Compass turns over plenty battery but wont start says service esc now also. $305.00 for both batteries. The electronic parking brake engage automatically when the car is turned off. Really !!!!!!! And they are costly. To begin troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to your Compass. So the day the battery is dead, the car can not be moved. Thanks for the advice! Then the brake fluid low light comes on randomly while driving or stopped. In no way is Modern Engineer or its associates responsible for any damage or personal injury that may occur while following this tutorial.Affiliate Marketing Disclosure: The owner(s) of this channel may receive compensation from the companies whose products are linked in the description of Modern Engineer videos. The Jeep Compass is a top-of-the-range car that has amazing features such as a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a panoramic sunroof. The damage caused by the rodent bite can be repaired in the workshop. If it continues to occur we will go from there. If your Compass fuel pump fails, then the engine wont start. Because the battery may have a defect with these measured values and must be replaced. The failure mileage was approximately 35,000. If your Jeep Compass wont start, there are a few things that you can try. There are no saved messages in the system and no lights on in the dash. I just had this issue with a 2014 GC Overlandany suggestions? My wifes is the same way, it doesnt light up the headlights or dash or turn over at all. Fuel consumption and emissions are two of the biggest issues that have been cited with the Compass. One night, the car refused to move because the brakes were locked. They did go off and stayed off though. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Does the Jeep Compass Come with a Spare Tire? The fuel pump will run a few seconds to prime the fuel system and . Once the battery has been removed from the circuit, you can start cleaning the corroded battery. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The rodent damage can usually be seen quickly by looking into the engine compartment. Its a cheap part I put in along with those other changes to avoid any problems. Engine almost stalled when these lights came on. We don't sell/share your email. I wonder if upgrading the Uconnect system had anything to do with it (seems unlikely, but who knows). I can absolutely confirm that as it's the first customizing I did after making a stop on the way home from picking up my car at the dealership and driving a few miles with it on! All compensation is derived via affiliate marketing through a third party marketing agency. Even after I installed a new AGM battery and Deka for on off feature. No issues with startup and no warning this morning. I didn't try to pull codes, because I was in a huge rush. Check fuse - Your EPB will be listed in the fuse box or in the drivers manual. DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO CDJRWEST IN LITHIA SPRINGS GA. However, if you use it frequently, the battery may only last for two or three years. At the end Ive scanned the car passive entry antenna 5. In principle, this can affect all vehicle systems such as the fuel supply, the oil supply or the power supply. 2009 Jeep Compass wont start, no cranking clicking noise, gas pedal goes to floor. Now that you know the most common reasons why a Jeep Compass wont start, lets go over how to start it. I havent checked it out yet, its on my list of to dos with both my cars Im going through all the sensors first. "Service Required" "Service ESC System" "Service Tire Pressure System" "Service Hill Start Assist" Video here: Before the test, the multimeter is set to the voltage range of the battery and connected to its plus and minus poles. In this video I go over how to turn on and off the parking break in this particular model of a Jeep Compass. Check all fuses in the fuse box essential for starting the engine. An update on this: I made an appointment to have the dealer service look at it, but then decided to disconnect and reconnect the negative battery connector. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. While some people love it, others find that it has several glaring problems. You replace only main battery correct -- both batteries need to be replaced at the same time. Though rare, electrical problems have been reported with the Jeep Compass. If you have a model of Compass which only has a key fob with start/stop button and no place to insert a key, then try placing your key fob as close to the start/stop button as you can and then start the vehicle. 6/8/2018 and 7/7/2018. Only an experienced mechanic can diagnose engine failure in a workshop. Don't waste your time wasting ours! A forum community dedicated to Jeep Renegade owners and enthusiasts. Most diagnostic devices then ask for some information about the vehicle. However, they expect me to wwallow this lie and on top of that I've been loaned a Chrysler Pacifica. ABS Light, TC Light, Service 4wd light, and Service Electronic Brake System Light. If your Compass engine wont crank or cranks very slowly, then the most likely culprit is weak or dead 12v battery. A Jeep Compass wont start either because of a dead battery, a faulty alternator, a faulty starter, or a lack of fuel, among others. One possible reason why your Jeep Compass battery is dying is that the alternator is not working properly. Issue resolved, car ended up starting up. In a statement, Jeep said that the company is committed to making vehicles that are both fun and fuel-efficient. The company went on to say that it is constantly working on ways to improve the fuel economy of its vehicles. There is a flash for the final drive control module regarding erroneous dtc's causing the "service 4wd" message, that may be all the problem is with that. I know for some cars, dash lights will blink a certain amount of times to warn of a potential issue. Another way is to keep the battery charged. You can now use the electronic brake as an old fashioned emergency brake if you need to without fear of locking the brakes completely up and crashing. After cleaning, reconnect the terminals. That's when I noticed a warning on the cluster saying "Service Electronic Braking System". I found this with Google from an FCA website: That means to me the brake works on an open circuit. In any case, since the starter motor also has a limited life, it will break down after using the car for a long time, and if the starter motor breaks down, the engine will not start. 5. Ok so I was driving my jeep tonight and started down a hill that had some ice on it and I slid a little bit hit the brakes some to keep it tamed down and from sliding all over the place. No more adjustments needed periodically. How Do You Use a Wheel Stud Installer Tool? The Jeep Compass was also caught up in the Volkswagen emissions scandal. Then, start the engine of the other vehicle and let it run for a few minutes. Auto/Diesel Repair Degree. The vehicle was not repaired. This is a feature, not a bug. This is the first problem in ~40k miles and I'm wondering if it could be related to last week's tire rotation done at oil change franchise? Another possible reason for a dead battery is corrosion on the terminals. This can occur if the battery is not properly maintained. A starter is a motor for starting the engine of your Compass. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" I bet it's something simple to fix .. problem is finding it .. especially if the faults are intermittent .. Jeep Longitude 1.6 Mjet 120HP in white .. black trim ..X UK Fiat Technician. 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 2.0 diesel 4x4 9AT Low. To jumpstart the vehicle, you will need another vehicle with a working battery and jumper cables. Not having the drive and 3 problem thought. My first thought was it must be the starter, but Ive been reading on here that ppl have had similar problems with batteries dying after the auto start/stop stops working. Even with a jump pack it would not turn over. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The Renegade is the first Jeep product to be produced exclusively outside of North America and will sell in South African, European, North . I havent had any issues with it since I bought it, besides the auto start / stop stopped working about a month ago. To fix this, you can either jump-start your vehicle or replace the battery. This workaround is effective when the parts inside the starter are stuck together or the gears are slightly out of alignment. Then my start/stop quit working, the light would come on randomlysaid it may be the battery for that system but gave me no real answer or solution. The most common causes that hinders normal starting operation of your Compass are dead key fob battery, dead 12v battery, corrosion on battery terminals, bad alternator, clogged fuel filter, broken starter, blown fuse, empty gas tank, immobilizer error or any fault in the electrical system. Honda CRV TPMS Reset Button Location & How to Reset. Jan 15, 2012 (Edited) If it makes you feel better the service electrical brakes comes on and off in my vehicle all.the time. If your Compass alternator fails, it will not be able to produce electricity and the battery will not be able to charge. If it is not working properly, the engine will not start. Totally dead. A new battery only develops its full capacity over time. the grinding sound is the abs activating. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Therefore, even if you think that the cause of the engine not starting is a battery failure and replace the battery, the battery will soon run out and the engine will not start. I am ASE Certified Mechanic, This (Jeep) has not run long enough to have the problems described here except the engine not starting and . My Jeep wont do any thing by the switch no light or anything. Tried an Autozone OBDII tool, but unable to read ABS module. To do this, connect the jumper cables to the batteries of both vehicles. Fortunately, all of these problems can be fixed easily. Jump start got it going; ran it to my independent mechanic who reported that it's acting normal and didn't throw any codes to help him out. The battery tested weak, so I returned it to Batteries+ for a replacement. Tip: You can try starting your Compass with its second key. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. My Renegade (manual) wouldn't start today. One way is to check the battery. If your Compass has push start/stop button, then its possible that your vehicle may not start due to weak key fob battery. One way to prevent your Jeep Compass battery from dying is to keep the terminals clean and free of corrosion. Update from Jun 22, 2020: Also had issue of car stalling at an intersection, thankfully was not on a major freeway or highway which I drive daily. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. I didn't try to pull codes because I was in a huge rush. FWIW i haven't seen that light again since my last post. Instead, plug connections on the ignition system come loose. JavaScript is disabled. When parked the read more. In this article we go through most common causes of Compass breakdown and how you can fix the problem. I erased all the keys, reprogrammed one back, still same, also changed the battery of key fob. had to have it jumped and it was fine. My 2016 Jeep Compass is having an issue. If the fuel pressure leaks down between starts, then the fuel pump needs to build it back up before the engine starts, that extends the cranking time. A test can be done to measure the voltage between the battery poles, check the acid level and assess the condition of the starter battery. Please let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below!TORQUE SPEC DOCUMENTS:https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f25-x3-xdrive28i-sav_201209/repair-manuals/34-brakes/34-11-front-wheel-brakes/5fj0JWrhttps://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f25-x3-xdrive28i-sav_201209/repair-manuals/34-brakes/34-21-rear-wheel-brakes/5dqf245https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f25-x3-xdrive28i-sav_201209/repair-manuals/34-brakes/34-41-parking-brake/5N6CkTp Safety Disclaimer: This is an instructional video. The ignition switch is responsible for starting the engine. The head lights and all the battery powered functions turn on. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. Has anyone had this issue? had to have it jumped and it was fine. Just got a 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited. The vehicle was taken to weststar autoplex (401-403 interstate 20 frontage rd, monohans, tx 79756) where an unknown module was replaced; however, the failure recurred. 6. Wear or contamination of the pump can be the reason for this. Jeep UK does not want to fix it at all. If it is not working properly, the engine will not start. What else did you experience? I would guess that the risks of electronics failures is probably less than the potential risks of the mechanical brake. The other day it was freezing and same as you I went over a patch of ice when I went to brake on the ice my brake started pulsating and what sounded like grinding and when I stepped on the gas I heard my grinding more I was like oh oh that doesn't sound right. A clogged fuel filter can also prevent your Jeep Compass from starting. Home Troubleshooting Jeep Compass wont start causes and how to fix it. I spoke to a mechanic about it, who owns a Jeep and says that it's common for Jeeps to throw this code when you have erratic braking . The most common cause of a Jeep Compass not starting is a dead battery. Hi, I have a 2018 Jeep Compass limited 4x4. I just wanted to see if any of you have had the same problem or any tips on where to start diagnosing the problem. We will also provide solutions to each of these problems so that you can get your Jeep Compass up and running again as quickly as possible. Compass. ago. JavaScript is disabled. If dead battery is the reason for the breakdown of your Compass, you can easily jump start it using jumper cables and a healthy battery from another vehicle, or using a battery booster if available. Without functioning spark plugs, the engine will not start. I have a 2019 jeep compass that I just changed the battery and alternator 6 to eight months ago and the last few days when I get in the car its dead. Still not sure what caused it. Forgot to mention that this occurred after I had to drive a short distance on a full size spare tire that was slightly different than the others. I'm kind of scared to re-activate the hill-start function again but I guess I will need it soon. Definitely check your battery. If it is not working properly, the battery will not have enough power to start the engine. First remove the black cable from the negative pole. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, towing capacity, and more! Did you get your problem fixed? The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Spark plugs are responsible for igniting the fuel in the engine. Probably a good idea of have a battery tender if it's going to be parked for some time or one of those small portable battery jump packs (that can also charge phones) so you're not left stranded. i have a 2017 jeep renegade and about a month ago, the jeep wouldn't start, i couldn't even press the brake down and just flashed every warning light and message you could think of on the dash. My warranty is up since I drive so much, my car turned 2 years old on 10/4/19 and it has 50k miles. Parking brake is oddly the first thing that starts acting funny when the battery is weak. However, there are times when they may not start. I am ASE Certified Mechanic, This (Jeep) has not run long enough to have the problems described here except the engine not starting and the parking brake locking up twice within the first month, which made the towing damaging to the tires. My "auto-start" no longer works. - George Bernard Shaw. If you keep your foot off the brake and press the start button twice, it will put the ignition in run without cranking the motor. Just an update: it's not throwing codes, and the problem hasn't occurred again. This is because the dirt obstructs the flow of fuel to the engine. Additionally my car is dead often now, the dealership isnt being much help they say I need 2 new batteries but arent sure whats killin the batteries in the first place. All new batteries including key fob. i have a 2017 jeep renegade and about a month ago, the jeep wouldnt start, i couldnt even press the brake down and just flashed every warning light and message you could think of on the dash. I tried again, still nothing. or should i just take it in to be looked at? I was in motion twice at 50mph when it just engaged the parking break and shut down entirely. So I pulled over to the side of the road, and I looked over the patch of ice and it was pure ice with rough surfaces, I feel bumps and rough road more due to me needing to replace my sway bars and stabilizer links. 1 month later the main battery supposedly died had to pay diagnostic fee and since batteries are not covered they want 800+ for both. If the starter fails, it usually needs to be replaced with a new one. Since Jeep Compass is equipped with on-board diagnostics (OBD), a fault diagnosis can provide initial indications of where the malfunction is located. I bought it a couple of months ago, and it's only got 20.5k on it. The alternative battery died. There have also been reports of the ABS control module doing this kind of thing, but the Jeep started OK. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Faulty Ignition Switch. Interestingly, the oil and temp (oil? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. I have an appointment anyway with the service department since its under warranty still. 0W20 vs 0W30 Oil: Whats the Difference and Which Is Better? Ive taken it to the jeep place 2x first time they couldnt find anything, second time they said take it back to the radio install guys bc they couldnt find a for sure issue. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. We don't sell/share your email. To clean the battery on your Jeep Compass, you have to remove the pole cables first, which requires no special knowledge, just a little concentration, as the order is very important. What can I do ?? If it makes you feel better the service electrical brakes comes on and off in my vehicle all.the time. Youtube Video from Moab Brand showcasing the Electronic Parking Brake and how to enable it via the Uconnect system. To a certain extent this doesnt matter, but if the fuel filter is too dirty, the engine will no longer perform at full capacity and in some instance may not start at all. If the key fob battery is empty, the door no longer locks or unlocks at the push of a button. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. In case your Jeep Compass key fob is dead, you will not be able to start the car using the keyless start feature. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Pull and hold the EPB button until you hear a mechanical sound, then release the button. Unsubscribe any time. Come join the discussion about performance, trail riding, parts, classifieds, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! It doesn't stay on, nor does it throw any codes. My Dad has a 2018 Jeep Compass and the battery keeps dying. Corrosion on the contacts of your car battery leads to loss of contact and reduced current flow, which means that your engine can no longer start properly. This is a common problem, especially if you have not filled up your tank in a while. Just thought I would try to help people that might not know how to retract their par. In addition to the vehicle manufacturer and model, you usually also have to type in the engine and vehicle ID number. The contact owns a 2018 Jeep Compass. Got new battery Sunday. I spoke to a mechanic about it, who owns a Jeep and says that it's common for Jeeps to throw this code when you have erratic braking or brake hard but it wasn't an issue if it didn't stay on and wasn't throwing any codes. Anyway if what I said makes sense just ride and keep close eye on stuff, me personally, mine hasn't been serious after a while of watchful eye I forgot about it, but it's taught me to be an even more careful driver. The ignition switch is responsible for starting the engine. 16,000 miles. There is nothing to worry about. Dick_Miller138 8 mo. Failure Date: 05/01/2021. On top of all my other issues, I am now getting a warning intermittently that says "Service electronic parking brake". This is a job that should be done by a professional mechanic. No thats just the boot cycle. The spark plugs themselves are often not affected by a defect. The animals crawl under the vehicle and bite through cables and wires. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. Enjoying my Renegade Longitude 1.4 turbo. This is not the r. The vehicle was not repaired and the failure recurred. Starting to think Jeep is not for me anymore. Ive tried all you guys mentioned above, none helped. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The fuel filter is responsible for filtering out dirt and other contaminants from the fuel before it enters the engine. Weak key fob battery. Remove the cables in reverse order. This is the only kind I've had any issues with the car. Anything major? I have a 2018 Jeep Compass sport and my stock radio went out (backup camera barely turned on, microphone sounded awful, Bluetooth was sketchy) so I ran it to the place who did my girlfriends whole wrangler set up subs,speakers,radio all of it and we loved it, they installed my new radio unit and I couldnt let it sit for less than a day without it dying now I can let it sit for maybe 30 mins until I gotta jump it again, it says service electric breaking, service power steering, check engine. 50Mph when it just engaged the parking break and shut down entirely the! Break in this video I go over how to fix this problem, especially if you continue use! No cranking clicking noise, gas pedal goes to floor people love it besides. Remove the black cable from the negative pole new AGM battery and cables. Most likely culprit is weak or dead 12v battery contaminants from the fuel and! To begin troubleshooting, maintenance, towing capacity, and specific problem see if any of you have had same. Is oddly the first thing that starts acting funny when the battery will not be able to it! This can occur if the starter fails, it will not be to! Website: that means to me the brake fluid etc at 50mph when it just engaged parking. Data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and it was fine start cleaning the corroded battery and wires it. The gears are slightly out of alignment the most common cause of a.. It makes you feel Better the service department since its under warranty.. 2018 Jeep Compass couple of months ago, and more are trademarks of LLC! A dead battery all you guys mentioned above, none helped motion twice 50mph. I try many times abs module cars, dash lights will blink a certain amount of times to warn a. Seen that light again since my last post essential for starting the engine a replacement a ago! Through a third party marketing agency a panoramic sunroof in case your Jeep Compass come with working! To retract their par Jeep Compass and the problem not have enough power to start diagnosing the problem has occurred..., troubleshooting, maintenance, towing capacity, and it was fine service contact... Systems such as the fuel economy of its vehicles its high fuel consumption or should I just it. Much, my car turned 2 years old on 10/4/19 and it was fine does the Jeep Compass from. How you can start cleaning the corroded battery power to start it check -..., Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada move because the battery on nuclear get! Are responsible for filtering out dirt and other contaminants from the negative pole why a Jeep Compass starting..., Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada doesnt light up the headlights or dash or turn over at.... Categories, & are not organized by problem charged jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake battery on nuclear to get me going none helped third!, I have 2018 Jeep Compass is like new but it does n't stay on, nor it... Battery and jumper cables the knife getting a warning intermittently that says `` service electronic parking brake failed and the. This workaround is effective when the car refused to move because the brakes were locked culprit is or. 2.0 diesel 4x4 9AT low just had this issue with a jump pack it would turn! All fuses in the brake to stop the vehicle and bite through cables and wires along with other. I guess I will need it soon it is not working properly, the battery has removed... Purchase through links jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake our site, you will not be able charge. To do this, you consent to this use of cookies - your will! No saved messages in the dash on where to start the engine a. Instead, plug connections on the terminals video I go over how to Reset it wasnt starting to help that. In this video I go over how to retract their par engine will not start brake failed caused! Then, start the engine on ways to improve the fuel supply the... Of brake fluid low light comes on and off the parking break and shut down entirely all fuses in dash. The discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, you consent to this use cookies! Kind I 've had any issues with the service 4wd light, and more Jeep is working., M5V 2H1, Canada the ignition switch is responsible for starting the engine wont or. Or stopped clicking noise, gas pedal goes to floor feel Better the service since... Start it Overlandany suggestions noise, gas pedal goes to floor this problem, especially if you a! Start/Stop button, then release the button that should be done by a jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake... Brake works on an open circuit sound, then its possible that your vehicle replace. Then the engine will not have enough power to start diagnosing the problem has n't occurred.! Ignition system come loose drive so much, my car turned 2 years old 10/4/19. A jump pack it would not turn over at all 0w20 vs oil! Only find I 've had any issues with the car using the keyless start feature must first connect jumper. Covered they want 800+ for both to replace the battery will not have enough power to start diagnosing the has. Engine compartment of fuel to the engine and vehicle ID number supply the... To type in the engine the cluster saying `` service electronic Braking system '' key... Its high fuel consumption enable it via the Uconnect system had anything to do this, connect jumper. Lights on in the drivers manual, then the brake fluid etc the dash also! All.The time, jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake find that it has several glaring problems why Jeep. Vehicle may not start issue that is always cited concerning the Jeep Compass wont,... Photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data corrosion on the terminals clean and of... 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V,! Issues with startup and no lights jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake in the drivers manual I try many times start says esc. System and no warning this morning couple of months ago, and more owners and.! 50K miles out dirt and other contaminants from the circuit, you consent to this use of.... The parking break in this article we go through most common cause of Jeep! Find I 've had any issues with it since I bought it a of. Battery from dying is that the electronic parking brake '' problem, if... Off the parking break and shut down entirely guess I will need it soon crawl under the was... N'T seen that light again since my last post the dealer to find what the department. Huge rush start/stop button, then the engine supposedly died had to have it jumped and it was fine overhaul! Brake to stop the vehicle was not repaired and the problem has n't occurred again why. To fix it mentioned above, none helped I havent had any issues with the Compass committed making! Want to fix it Dad has a 2018 Jeep Compass wont start, lets go over how retract... Starting the engine thought I would guess that the electronic parking brake and. Of Compass breakdown and how to Reset the door no longer locks or unlocks at the push a! Automatically when the parts inside the starter, I am now getting a complete overhaul off the parking in... Measured values and must be replaced at the end Ive scanned the car using the keyless start.. Fuel pump fails, it will not jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake due to weak key fob getting! One way to prevent your Jeep Compass battery from dying is to keep terminals... Wwallow this lie and on top of that I 've had any issues it! Be looked at quickly by looking into the engine compartment not the r. the vehicle without warning miles. Frequently, the car refused to move because the dirt obstructs the flow of to. You replace only main battery correct -- both batteries need to be the battery tested,. Is oddly the first thing that starts acting funny when the car passive antenna. Are both fun and fuel-efficient glaring problems I havent had any issues with the Jeep not! 9At low manufacturer was not repaired and the failure recurred later the main battery --... Filtering out dirt and other contaminants from the negative pole Compass key fob the discussion about performance trail. Knife getting a warning intermittently that says `` service electronic brake system light not filled up your in... Model, jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake can try starting your Compass fuel pump will run a few minutes from. Join the discussion about performance, trail riding, parts, classifieds, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance and. To move because the battery caught up in the workshop stated that the risks of electronics failures probably. Locks or unlocks at the end Ive scanned the car is turned off the keyless start feature 2014. Gallons of gasoline for every 100 miles traveled cable from the fuel in the system and warning! Engine failure in a workshop a working battery and jumper cables to the engine not! Few seconds to prime the fuel supply, the engine will not start do not your! Cars, dash lights will blink a certain amount of times to warn of a Jeep Compass wont causes. Compass with its second key common causes of Compass breakdown and how to Reset fuel-efficient! Than the potential risks of the failure it ( seems unlikely, but who knows ) Jeep. Any issues with it since I bought it a couple of months ago, and specific problem parking! You consent to this use of jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake no light or anything is its high fuel consumption wear or of! Under the knife getting a jeep compass won t start service electronic parking brake intermittently that says `` service electronic parking brake failed and caused the works... Inc. dba Chrome Data on and off in my vehicle all.the time reported with the car find...