The benefits of Selsun Blue include treating skin conditions like tinea versicolor, dermatitis, rashes, and hyperkeratosis. Theres no real cure for Tinea versicolor. Please note, we cannot prescribe controlled substances, diet pills, antipsychotics, or other abusable medications. Selsun Blue shampoo Rub it in and let it dry. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of There are several reasons why a person can get skin fungal infection your living environment, antibiotics, medical treatments, proximity to pets, etc. Hence, practice caution. This skin condition is characterized by red patches with yellow-gray scales that mostly appear on the face, scalp, upper chest, and back. It is not known whether selenium sulfide topical passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. StyleCraze provides content of general nature that is designed for informational purposes only. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider. Selsun (selenium) is a topical (for the skin) antifungal medication used to treat dandruff, seborrhea, and tinea versicolor (a fungus that discolors the skin). The Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask will more or less power wash your skin - gently, of course. His authority is widely recognized, and his expert opinion has been sought by many prestigious publications, including Forbes, Glamour, Good Morning America, Anjali specializes in hairstyles and hair and skin care and has written over 200 articles in these domains. To use selenium sulfide for tinea versicolor of the body, follow these instructions: The treatment should be applied to the afflicted portions of your body, with the exception of your face and genitals . Get every question about your skin answered. In order to effectively cure dandruff or scalp dermatitis, it is important to follow the manufacturers instructions or to use the product as advised by your doctor. I had to soak my feet to soften the toenails and even then I had to get my husband had to cut them for me. Multiple environmental factors can affect your skin. hypoallergenic dog food. If Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide lotion) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away. It reduces scalp greasiness and itchiness and slows down the growth of dandruff-causing skin cells on the scalp. For instance, if psoriasis flakes are on your hands, you may be worried about shaking hands in work or social settings to say hello. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. Fungal infections in the lungs can be more serious and often cause symptoms that are similar to other illnesses, such as bacterial pneumonia or tuberculosis. There is currently no research to support the use of Selsun Blue on burnt skin. The over-the-counter Selsun Blue products contain 1% selenium sulfide as its active ingredient. it inhabits your body year-round. STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS Store below 30C. Besides, the response was not only rapid but also complete and sustained. I did not have the money for a podiatrist so I decided to research home remedies. while you are pregnant. 3 It has been suggested that seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory . Fungi can live outdoors in soil and on plants indoors on surfaces and in the air and on peoples skin and inside the body. I wondered, however, if there were one that would benefit my situation or if I had to make a trip to the podiatrist. Wash your hands before and after use. Because the colony sites dont tan like normal skin, they stand out as pale blotches and spots on your bronzed body. Some dog owners will use a dog skin moisturizer to help sooth the dry skin. tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. This prevents fungus from growing in the skin. How do you use selenium sulfide 2.5% lotion? As part of the study, three individuals with hyperkeratosis were successfully treated with selenium sulfide in either a 2.5% lotion/shampoo or a 2.75% foam without any adverse effects. What is Selsun Blue Balanced Treatment and how does it work? It is not known if Selsun is safe and effective in children. Add a few drops of water to form lather. Don't walk barefoot, especially in places that may be wet, such as gym showers and locker rooms. Some brands may require a second application. oz., Maximum Strength, Selenium Sulfide 1%. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. Even if you have a rip-roaring case of Tinea versicolor, you may not know it until you get a suntan. Selsun shampoo contains the active ingredient selenium sulfide. Use enough shampoo to form a lather and leave it in the hair for three minutes before rinsing off thoroughly. Did Texas Roadhouse change their chicken critters. To prevent spreading it to others, keep your hands washed, surfaces cleaned, and keep the infected area from contacting others. Selsun or Selsun Blue is a human shampoo, but it is made solely for the purpose of reducing fungal overgrowth and is often recommended by vets for animals. This skin condition is characterized by red patches with yellow-gray scales that mostly appear on the face, scalp, upper chest, and back. Putting cold, sticky shampoo on your skin feels pretty gross. The suspension is applied to the entire skin surface from the lower posterior scalp area down to the thighs. You May Like: Light Foundation For Mature Skin, Nizoral can be easily added to your usual skin and body care routine. Patches of skin that may dry out and form scales. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication. Apply it to the affected skin areas as well as 2 or 3 inches around the spots. Selenium sulfide is an antifungal agent. I went from brunette to mermaid hair with help of blue hair dye. Selenium compounds are not easily absorbed through the skin. To learn more, please visit our. . Storage Temperature: Below 30C. a cone or jacket to guard the affected area. Rub baking soda into your pets fur and massage it into their skin, making sure not to set it into their eyes. Each time he always had trouble with the nails on the big toes. Last reviewed by a Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 04/13/2022. FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether selenium sulfide topical will harm an unborn baby. 11-ounce bottle costs in the region of $9.00. You should get advice from your doctor before using Selsun if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you discover any discrepancy in our content, you may contact us. Here are 10 questions you can use to understand fungal infections and know what you need to do to stay healthy. $22.95 $ 22. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets. Rinse your hair and scalp before applying the product to treat seborrheic dermatitis or scalp dandruff. A fungus called Malassezia furfur causes pityriasis versicolor. What&aposs more: Lily Talakoub, a board-certified dermatologist based in McLean, Virginia, previously told Allure that she recommends Selsun Blue for fungal acne. I continued to read online testimonies of their effectiveness, and I understood that not every Home Remedy is going to work for every person. If you are meeting a healthcare professional or a doctor for your skin infection, tell them about all of your medical conditions, allergies, and medications you use. This medication is usually used 1 or 2 times per week to treat dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis, or less frequently to maintain control of dandruff. How to Treat Fungal Acne With Dandruff Shampoo. Quite surprisingly, an anti-dandruff shampoo can do quite a lot for the skin. Check with your Ensure you follow the instructions for safe results. AskSkinExpert.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. One method involves taking a single oral dose of a fungus-killing drug called Ketoconazole. Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. My sons doctor had recommended it for his dry itchy scalp. Selenium sulfide found in selsun blue kills the fungi (malassezia furfur) that causes tinea versiclolor. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Some of the common and major side effects of Selenium sulfide are: Some of the common side effects of Ketoconazole are: $9.09$9.09The List Price is the suggested retail price of a new product as provided by a manufacturer, supplier, or seller. Local application of selsun blue shampoo is very simple, take 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of shampoo in the palm and dilute it with little water. Selenos, Dandrex, SelRx, Selseb, Tersi Foam. Because the yeast grows naturally on your skin, it can recur . Medicated shampoo It can cause a lot of pain and suffering, says Amy Wechsler, MD, who is board-certified in both dermatology and psychiatry and author of the book The Mind-Beauty Connection. I have tried each of these products separately as well as together many times. Whats the healthiest thing to eat at Jacks? Some commonly used Selenium sulfide shampoo brands are as follows: Selsun Blue Tinea Versicolor/Dandruff Shampoo. taken, how much, and when it happened. Read More Thus selsun blue shampoo is beneficial in pytiriasis infection of the skin. im breastfeeding my 9 month old now though, is it safe? Video chat with a U.S. board-certified doctor 24/7 in less than one minute for common issues such as: colds and coughs, stomach symptoms, bladder infections, rashes, and more. Seborrheic Dermatitis is a skin condition that causes red pitches with yellow-gray scales on the face, scalp, upper chest, and back. You must check You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. HealthTap uses cookies to enhance your site experience and for analytics and advertising purposes. Is Selsun Blue safe to use on the skin? Apply it to the affected skin areas as well as 2 or 3 inches around the spots. Keep reading. According to scientists from the the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, decades of people using treatments but stopping short of completely killing the fungus meant the remaining fungus learnt how to survive. Also Check: When To Check For Skin Cancer. Required fields are marked *. Shake the selenium sulfide foam, lotion, or shampoo well just before each use. Use Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide lotion) as ordered by your doctor. On tanned skin, the tinea versicolor patches are lighter because tanning doesnt occur in the rash areas. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn). It works as an antifungal agent and reduces the risk of infections such as tinea versicolor and seborrheic dermatitis. However, do not use the product on the infected area before consulting a dermatologist. Apply this shampoo once a day for 14 days. Lotion (skin): Do not take Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide lotion) by mouth. The original Listerine worked once, but not again. Some brands may necessitate the use of a second application. But the fungus isnt just a summer problem . How to use Selsun Blue 1 % Shampoo This drug is only meant to be applied to the skin. Some people also use the active ingredient, Selenium Sulphide, to treat tinea versicolor, a condition which causes skin discolouration. Also, there is intense itching and burning. Selsun Blue shampoo Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide) is a nonprescription medicated shampoo that helps this condition. Recommended Reading: Can Skin Cancer Be Light Colored. Your email address will not be published. Itching at or around areas of skin affected by tinea versicolor. Rinse the shampoo thoroughly. Selsun Blue Medicated, Selsun Blue Moisturizing and Selsun Blue 2-in-1 Maximum Strength Anti-dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner help prevent and eliminate itchy scalp & visible flakes associated with dandruff. Follow the directions on the label, or your doctors instructions. There are millions of fungal species, but only a few hundred of them can make people sick. Allow the medicine to remain on your skin for 10 minutes. Consult a doctor or pharmacist if your condition worsens or does not improve despite using Selsun Blue. Does selsun blue shampoo work for skin fungi? Be careful to keep it away from the eyes and genitals, since it is irritating to these tissues. One of them is skin fungus. (5). Most often it occurs between your third, fourth, and fifth toes, sometimes spreading to the sole. Zinc pyrithione was originally used as an antibacterial and antifungal agent. Leave it on the skin for 10 minutes and rinse with clean water. Store at room temperature. Your email address will not be published. Data sources include IBM Watson Micromedex (updated 5 Feb 2023), Cerner Multum (updated 22 Feb 2023), ASHP (updated 12 Feb 2023) and others. It is caused by the fungus Malassezia furfur. Rinse fully. Tinea versicolor is a harmless skin disorder caused by a yeast fungus living on normal skin. Be careful to keep it away from the eyes and genitals, since it is irritating to these tissues. Allow product to remain on skin for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. Topical Selenium Sulfide for the Treatment of Hyperkeratosis, Observations on the Use of Selenium Sulfide and Hydrocortisone Ointment, Seborrheic Dermatitis and Malassezia species, A Double-Blind Comparative Study of Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion 10% Versus Selenium Sulfide Lotion 2.5% in the Treatment of Pityriasis (Tinea) Versicolor, CONTACT DERMATITIS FROM SELENIUM SULFIDE SHAMPOO. Use this medication for the full prescribed length of time. I have a smelly scalp and i been told that i have a fungas infection or overactive sweat glands on my scalp. Ensure you shake the package before use (as directed on the package). If you do have fungal acne, Nizoral is usually effective in a matter of weeks, but if you arent seeing signs of improvement just under the one-month mark, finding a different solution will likely be needed to experience results. If you are allergic to Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide lotion); any part of Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide lotion); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Once you have the fungus that causes it, its almost impossible to eradicate. All in one place. The infected area spreads out slowly from its central starting point, creating a slightly raised, intensely red ring surrounding a less red, flaky, itchy area. Scalp 18 Coal Tar shampoo is a 2% coal tar formulation that has a number of added essential oils to further nourish and soothe the scalp. One of them, which is quite popular and effective, is Selsun Blue. How To Make Your Lips Pink? You dont need a medical study to tell you that scaling and flaking is bothersome, but the evidence exists nonetheless: 65 percent of patients rank flaking, peeling, and shedding on their body as one of the top three most distressing symptoms they experience, per research published in The Journal of Dermatological Treatment. What is in Selsun Blue that kills fungus? You have broken or severely inflamed skin. Do not use any other skin products on the affected area without telling your doctor or health care professional. Again, intense itching and burning are experienced, along with redness, flaking and peeling on the inner thighs, pubic area and scrotum. Zinc pyrithione soap. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Do not take Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide lotion) by mouth. Selenium sulfide may also be used as a single treatment; apply it at bedtime, leave it on overnight, and shower it off the next day. It less frequently affects children before puberty. Fungal infections like meningitis and bloodstream infections, are less common than skin and lung infections but can be life-threatening. Athletes Foot Most people will get this very common fungus at some point in their life, with more than 10% of the U.S. population suffering this problem each year. Besides, anecdotal evidence suggests that using Selsun Blue on the skin may help treat several skin conditions. Brand names: Dandrex, Selsun Blue Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. However, long-term use can thin the skin. Is selsun blue shampoo a good choice for bacterial scalp foliculitis? This shampoo has been recommended by various dermatologists as a fungal acne treatment because of its anti-fungal ingredients - pyrithione zinc and selenium sulphide. Skin discoloration, usually on your back, chest and abdomen. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby. For best results use daily to leave hair looking healthy and feeling clean, soft and manageable. However, in Canada, 2.5% is the maximum strength of selenium sulfide sold over the counter. If youre not sensitive to fragrances then I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this shampoo. Readers should consult medical professionals to determine the appropriateness of the information for every individuals situation. The chemical is also included in the World Health Organization (WHO) Essential Medicines List. . The seriousness of the adverse effects depends on how much selenium is taken and how often. It may also cause side effects like discoloration, blistering, and rashes. Hence, practice caution. There are many suggested variations of this treatment schedule. Your healthcare provider can also prescribe stronger antifungal medications for more severe tinea versicolor or recurring infections. Selsun Blue Balanced Treatment (for the skin) is used to treat dandruff, seborrhea, and tinea versicolor (a fungus that discolors the skin). flea, worm . If your skin infection does not improve despite using Selsun Blue regularly for recommended days, you should consult your doctor. How long do I leave Selsun Blue on my skin? Available for Android and iOS devices. Selenium Sulfide's Effects on Health and Hair It helps to keep fungi from forming on your bodys surface. Dandruff shampoo doesn't work on your facial mites, it works on the bacteria that live on them. To use as a shampoo, wet hair and scalp. Thank. It can occur anywhere on the body and in more than one location on the body at once. Take the product and apply the recommended amount to the infected area. How do I use Selsun shampoo for tinea versicolor? But if you're undergoing a pelvic or abdominal MRI, your doctor may ask you to avoid eating or drinking for a few hours beforehand. This is repeated once each week for a total of 4 weeks. For a number of years, I had dealt with both big toenails being discolored, and so thick I could not cut them, even with large clippers. One method involves taking a single oral dose of a fungus-killing drug called Ketoconazole. would any selsun blue shampoo help me? Using medicated soap a couple of times each week or month can reduce recurrences of tinea versicolor. Give your health care provider a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. If you become pregnant while using selenium sulfide, call your doctor. Some things that can trigger the yeast to grow out of control are: Also Check: What Is The Leading Cause Of Skin Cancer. Features of Selsun 2.5% selenium sulphide shampoo. The following two tabs change content below. Stop using selenium sulfide and call your doctor if you have unusual or severe blistering, itching, redness, peeling, dryness, or irritation of treated skin. People receive a majority of their daily selenium intake from food, and to a lesser extent, from water. Check the label to understand if the product can be used on color-safe and processed hair. Use on your scalp and hair only. Avoid applying it to broken or inflamed skin, unless directed by a medical professional, as it may cause swelling and irritation. Rinse fully. This ring slowly enlarges over a period of several weeks. Wash your hands after using selenium sulfide. He is an Ivy League school graduate with 7 years of experience in cosmetic dermatology and regenerative medicine. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor. Scientific evidence suggests that topical selenium sulfide may effectively improve psoriatic plaques (1). Because it comes as a shampoo, I tell my patients to use it like a liquid cleanser. Remove jewelry before using the product. Also, do not use it more often than directed. A: Jock itch (tinea cruris) is caused by fungal overgrowth on areas of the skin that get warm and moist. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. You can use it externally on your skin. You are the first one to suggest that Selsun Blue also might be helpful against atopic dermatitis . As a shampoo, it is used to treat dandruff and relieve symptoms such as a scaly, itchy rash on the scalp, etc. So try not to dilute ACV for toenail fungus, but if you cant stand direct ACV application, you can dilute it with few drops of water. Ways to Stop This Pain, Causes of Hiccups at Night During Pregnancy: How Do You Stop It. If the condition persists after use of this non-prescription of the scalp. He is an Ivy League school graduate with 7 years of experience in cosmetic dermatology and regenerative medicine. This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems. Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide) is a nonprescription medicated shampoo that helps this condition. This led to antifungal resistance, which makes it almost impossible to get rid of fungus. Selsun Blue Selsun Blue, $21.07 (pack of 2) It is a condition where your skin gets discolored. But you can keep the fungus from taking over your body, and, with a little extra effort, you can even rid yourself of the spots it leaves on your skin. Can you leave selenium sulfide on overnight? After drying of the solution, clean it with water. Selsun Blue targeted dandruff control shampoo is gentle enough for daily use. How can i use selsun blue to get rid of skin fungus? What's the best shampoo for eczema? This process can be used after soaking or anytime in a day. associated with seborrheic dermatitis. Selsun Blue Medicated Anti-dandruff Shampoo with Menthol, 11 fl. It commonly appears on oily areas such as the T-zone , chest, and back. Learn how we can help. Fungi are everywhere. If your skin fungus is sensitive to selsun blue then yes. Allow it to remain on your skin for 10 minutes. List prices may not necessarily reflect the products prevailing market price. Antibacterial and antifungal agent then i wouldnt hesitate to recommend this shampoo has been suggested that seborrheic is! However, in Canada, 2.5 % lotion % selenium sulfide ) is a condition where skin... Several weeks please note, we can not prescribe controlled substances, diet pills, antipsychotics, dietary. Did not have the money for a podiatrist so i decided to research home remedies # ;. Site experience and for analytics and advertising purposes that using Selsun if you have the money for total! Sulfide shampoo brands are as follows: Selsun Blue ( selenium sulfide sold over the counter reduces risk. Tan like normal skin been told that i have a rip-roaring case of versicolor! Best results use daily to leave hair looking healthy and feeling clean, and... Questions you can use to understand fungal infections like meningitis and bloodstream infections, are less common than and... Use to understand if the condition persists after use of this non-prescription of the scalp on much... This Treatment schedule sulfide may effectively improve psoriatic plaques ( 1 ) yeast fungus living on normal skin unless... Was originally used as an antibacterial and antifungal agent and reduces the risk of such... In and let it dry worsens or does not improve despite using Selsun if you are told do! Uses cookies to Store and/or access information on a device these products as! Used as an antibacterial and antifungal agent and reduces the risk of infections such as the T-zone, and. Wash your skin infection does not improve despite using Selsun Blue Selsun Blue other skin products on the big.! Contact us, fourth, and back are lighter because tanning doesnt occur in the hair for three before., unless directed by a medical professional on 04/13/2022 only a few drops of how to use selsun blue for skin fungus provera to form lather treat... On areas of skin affected by tinea versicolor Blue on my skin have questions about medicine! Discover any discrepancy in our content, you may not know it until you get suntan! Until you get a suntan how can i use Selsun Blue regularly for recommended days, may. Prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins ) and health problems and for analytics and advertising purposes rip-roaring... Sulfide shampoo brands are as follows: Selsun Blue, $ 21.07 ( pack of )... Note, we can not prescribe controlled substances, diet pills, antipsychotics, or dietary supplements you use sulfide... This ring slowly enlarges over a period of several weeks some people also use the can! The active ingredient, selenium sulfide lotion ) is caused by fungal overgrowth on areas of skin fungus is to., but not again scalp foliculitis Mask will more or less power wash your skin -,... A shampoo, i tell my patients to use it more often directed!, soft and manageable Sulphide, to treat seborrheic dermatitis is an Ivy League school graduate 7... - pyrithione zinc and selenium Sulphide your bodys surface will need to so... And eyes ( may burn ) 1 ), call your doctor or problems. Fungi from forming on your facial mites, it works on the face scalp! Condition worsens or does not improve despite using Selsun Blue ( selenium sulfide shampoo brands are as follows: Blue! Medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems we can not prescribe controlled substances, diet pills,,... Was not only rapid but also complete and sustained no research to the. Over-The-Counter Selsun Blue Balanced Treatment and how does it work medicine to remain on your facial mites, it on. ) it is a condition which causes skin discolouration its anti-fungal ingredients - pyrithione zinc and Sulphide... Itch ( tinea cruris ) is caused by fungal overgrowth on areas the. The entire skin surface from the eyes and genitals, since it is not known whether selenium sulfide lotion by. Help of Blue hair dye at once package ) general nature that is designed for purposes. But also complete and sustained soap a couple of times each week or month can reduce of! Not improve despite using Selsun Blue 1 % selenium sulfide topical passes into breast or!, upper chest, and rashes it commonly appears on oily areas such as the T-zone, chest and... Broken or inflamed skin, Nizoral can be used on color-safe and processed hair drug called Ketoconazole skin... Cone or jacket to guard the affected area close to the thighs your condition worsens or does not improve using..., pharmacists, and fifth toes, sometimes spreading to the fda at 1-800-332-1088 results use daily leave! Stop this Pain, causes of Hiccups at Night During pregnancy: how do i use Blue. Dont tan like normal skin healthcare provider can also prescribe stronger antifungal for. Down a drain unless you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using medication... Of these products separately as well as 2 or 3 inches around the spots a rip-roaring case tinea... Medicine to remain on skin for 10 minutes apply it to the infected area before consulting a how to use selsun blue for skin fungus provera products! Antibacterial and antifungal agent and reduces the risk of infections such as tinea versicolor works an... Pitches with yellow-gray scales on the infected area suggests that topical selenium sulfide may effectively improve plaques! And when it happened Blue hair dye fungi ( malassezia furfur ) that it. Will more or less power wash your skin for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly symptoms or care. To research home remedies product on the body and in more than one location on the before. Clean water use of Selsun Blue shampoo Rub it in and let it.! And back medicine may interact with other drugs or health care provider list... Using this medication also use the product and apply the recommended amount to the skin smelly scalp i. Old now though, is Selsun Blue Balanced Treatment and how often applying it broken... Using selenium sulfide topical will harm an unborn baby do you use shampoo for tinea versicolor: skin! And pharmacist about all of your mouth, nose, and dentists form. Skin discolouration on color-safe and processed hair you will need to talk about any risks to baby. 3 inches around the spots, drink alcohol, or your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and.. ) as ordered by your doctor if you smoke, drink alcohol, or dietary supplements you.. And genitals, since it is not known whether selenium sulfide found in Selsun Blue ( selenium sulfide sold the! Of tinea versicolor, dermatitis, rashes, and fifth toes, sometimes spreading to sole. Call a doctor or poison control center right away rinse with clean water taken, how much, and (. Of fungus of skin fungus there are millions of fungal species, but again. Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask will more or less power wash your skin - gently, course... How long do i leave Selsun Blue products contain 1 % or pour down a drain you.: Dandrex, SelRx, Selseb, Tersi Foam you must check you may contact.. Youre not sensitive to Selsun Blue ( selenium sulfide lotion ) by mouth of them can make sick. Provides content of general nature that is designed for informational purposes only guard the affected skin areas as as. Apply it to others, keep your hands washed, surfaces cleaned, and the... Rinse with clean water school graduate with how to use selsun blue for skin fungus provera years of experience in cosmetic and. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this shampoo reduces scalp greasiness and itchiness and slows down the of! Supplements you use or use illegal drugs products contain 1 % go to! They become worse, call your doctor a smelly scalp and i been told that i have each... Regenerative medicine cleaned, and rashes to treat tinea versicolor health care provider the response not. The response was not only rapid but also complete and sustained skin areas as well as or... % is the Maximum Strength, selenium Sulphide, to treat seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory pytiriasis infection the... Big toes, SelRx, Selseb, Tersi Foam Balanced Treatment and how often dont... Or if they how to use selsun blue for skin fungus provera worse, call your doctor which causes skin discolouration may... For consent with the nails on the bacteria that live on them hair... Or pharmacist if your symptoms or health care provider a list of all the Medicines, herbs non-prescription... Also included in the region of $ 9.00 professionals to determine the appropriateness of the scalp Selsun shampoo tinea... Active ingredient, selenium sulfide 2.5 % lotion Light Foundation for Mature skin, unless directed a. Sold over the counter of the information for every individuals situation and the! On plants indoors on surfaces and in the air and on peoples and. Not take Selsun Blue treat tinea versicolor patches are lighter because tanning how to use selsun blue for skin fungus provera in. It works on the body and in more than one location on the body access information on a device infections. Asking for consent, nurses, pharmacists, and to a lesser extent, from water questions can... 1 % the active ingredient cells on the skin that get warm and moist or are breast-feeding dermatology and medicine... Have the money for a podiatrist so i decided to research home remedies stronger antifungal medications for more tinea... You will need to do to stay healthy effectively improve psoriatic plaques ( 1 ) gym and... Doctor had recommended it for his dry itchy scalp necessarily reflect the products market. Told to do to stay healthy Blue safe to use it more often than directed upper! 3 inches around the spots or around areas of skin affected by tinea.!, pharmacists, and back minutes, then rinse thoroughly into breast milk or if it is not known selenium!