Your Mac computer has an in . Where is that option that says recently deleted? Select Settings. This procedure returns the iPhone to the state it arrived in when it came from the factory. Thank you so much!! 3. Tap the red "Delete" button to remove only the selected messages. This site uses cookies. any proposed solutions on the community forums. Scroll down to Messages and tap it. milesfromcentennial, User profile for user: Tap Recently Deleted. Step 3 . Ive tried restarting my phone and simply turning my phone on and off and refreshing the app. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Step 2. Add Contacts Edit Contacts and Add a Picture Delete Contacts. A good way to do that is to put a passcode on your iPhone that they have to enter before unlocking it. For future reference, here's how to delete or recover deleted messages. As soon as possible, turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone and any other iOS or Mac devices you have. 1) Tap the More button (three-dot icon) at the top of the Messages screen. ". Well show you how to get rid of unwanted messages from your phone. Step 4: Type "delete" to finish. In messages, I delete my messages to keep my inbox clean but there is one particular message that just doesnt delete. Apparently the latest upgrade has changed the ability to remove name. These are extreme steps and aren't recommended as your first choice, but they do solve the problem. Step 5. You can select Add to Photos Library to save it there. There . Your subscription has been confirmed. Then, from the menu that opens, choose "More.". Tap . I have a iPhone 14 pro with iOS 16.0.2. First, even though I sync Messages between macOS and mobile devices, deleting the images and videos from one location doesn't delete them from the other. Step 1: Open your Settings app. Deleted text messages can't be found if they're not saved at all. Oct 15, 2022 6:53 AM in response to mc_1979. PCMag also has tips on freeing up space on an Apple Watch, keeping a neat desk, and organizing your messy cables. Choose info. Step 2. The second is to do it from the Settings, which allows you to focus on attachments and images that take up the most space. My brand new iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.6 is deleting all iMessages and text messages. This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links. Oct 19, 2022 9:03 AM in response to Community User, Oct 19, 2022 9:11 AM in response to mc_1979, Sends you to Filter options menu - choose All Messages, Oct 19, 2022 8:29 PM in response to Haddarack. If so, theres a way to do that. Step 3. Launch the Settings application on your iPhone and click on the option for ["your name]". Based on the information provided, and steps you've gone through, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple. It gives advice on how to manage all the devices, apps, digital photos, email, and other technology that can make you feel like you're going to have a panic attack. 2. To delete multiple or all messages on iPhone 13, 12 and other devices, first, go to the "Messages" tab from the home screen and click the "Edit" button at the top left of the Messages screen. Select Bluetooth. only. Open the Messages app. Move the Search & Siri Suggestions toggle switch to the Off/white position. You'll see a bell icon and a trashcan icon. You can easily delete your DoorDash account by following the steps mentioned below: 1. Now, he is an AI and Machine Learning Reporter forArs Technica. From now on, Messages will automatically delete any messages once they hit the 30-day or 1-year mark, depending on which option you chose. You can edit a recently sent message up to five times within 15 minutes of sendingit. On iOS devices, you can also delete multiple messages from the conversation. Switch "Show Notifications" to ON. 3. Learn how you can delete text messages on iPhone iOS 13.iOS 13.FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: http://bit.ly/10Glst1LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/ZKP4nUFOLLOW US ON G+: http://bit.ly/WfMmZNhttp://www.itjungles.comITJungles assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Select a chat thread. Same issue here. The other options are 30 Days and 1 Year, after which your messages are deleted automatically. Then, tap on the More option. wontonshawn, User profile for user: Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen. Step 1. (In doing so, the SMS will be removed from iCloud on all your iPhones/iPads.) Find the text, MMS, or messages that you want to remove and tap them so that a red checkbox appears alongside. If you only want to delete a specific or multiple iPhone messages that you dont want to see again, you can manually deletemessages on iPhone 13, 12, 11, etc. Have tried power-cycling my iPhone 13 (turning it off and then back on again). Note that prior to the update, I had no such issues. 4. If the issue remains, try to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, If that doesn't work, you might need to wait for the next update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, Sep 29, 2022 2:51 PM in response to ToastJerviss. Please help me solve this issue. Below are instructions for how to do it, but first, you need to know about three strange things that you might encounter while removing images and videos from your Apple devices. RELATED: How to Delete Instagram Messages, Remove Individual Messages on an iPhoneDelete Entire Text Conversations on an iPhone. Unlike with the edit message feature, you only have 2 minutes to unsend a text. An application program (software application, or application, or app for short) is a computer program designed to carry out a specific task other than one relating to the operation of the computer itself, typically to be used by end-users. Deletedmessages don't appear in a Spotlight search if Spotlight isn't looking for them. MoldersJG-B109, User profile for user: To delete a conversation on iPhone 13, 12 or other devices, open Messages and swipe right to left on the conversation which you want to delete. 2) Pick Select Messages. How can I retrieve a text message I deleted on my iPhone? Drag down anywhere on your iPhone screen until you see a search bar appears. Instructions in this article apply to iPhones with iOS 14 through iOS 11. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information It also describes how to hide the Messages app from Siri Spotlight search and includes other workarounds. How-To Geek is where you turn when you want experts to explain technology. If youd like to delete all messages in the thread, tap Delete All on the top left corner. You can also get rid of a group of conversations at the same time in the Messages app. Oct 4, 2022 3:59 AM in response to laigfx, now I dont have to look at that message anymore, Oct 5, 2022 9:32 AM in response to buddyc.22. Check the Message History setting you want to apply. And choose either 30 days or 1 Year. I recommend filtering the content by size. Tap the trash can icon from the menu bar at the top of the app screen to delete the messages. Step 1. Go to Settings and then tap on your Apple ID profile at the top. In older versions of iOS, tap General and then tap Spotlight Search. Tap on the "Edit" button in the corner. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology. From the menu that appears, tap Show Recently Deleted. Launch the Messages app from the Home screen. Now, tap on the 'Disable and Delete' option. Click the Apple icon at the very upper left corner of your screen. Tap the "iMessages" app to launch it. Choose File > Delete Conversation, Command+Delete, or right-click and choose Delete Conversation. Sep 30, 2022 1:57 AM in response to buddyc.22, Sep 30, 2022 12:23 PM in response to wacker81, Sep 30, 2022 12:26 PM in response to buddyc.22, Sep 30, 2022 12:50 PM in response to buddyc.22. When messages are deleted after a set date, their attachments are also deleted. Open the Messages app. In iOS 13, you can still delete single messages the old-fashioned way, which has been the standard since iOS 7. Warning: After tapping Delete, your iPhone will automatically delete all the text messages older than 1 year or 30 days, whichever you chose. 2. There's more to tidy up than just the images and videos stuck in your Messages app. Chris_V89, User profile for user: Tap and hold the desired text you want to delete. Also if you have any query, feel free to share with us. The standard iPhone passcode is four digits, but for extra-strength protection, try the more secure passcode you get by turning the Simple Passcode option off. Step 2: Scroll down, and then tap Messages. I specialize in apps for productivity and collaboration, including project management software. I deleted a message by mistake, can i get it back? If you back up your iPhone to your computer, you can retrieve a deleted text message from a backup that predates the deletion. When you unsend a message, youre notified that the recipient may still see the original message in the message transcript. Since then, I am unable to delete iMessage conversations. Find the person you want to delete, select them and hit "delete". When you open the Messages settings, scroll down until you see " Keep Messages " under MESSAGE HISTORY. When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will automatically delete the messages after 30 days or 1 year. The process will take a few minutes to complete. Step 4. Tap on the "Edit" option on the top-left corner of the screen. pman1088, User profile for user: The first thing you need to do is to go to your iPhone's Settings. To do so, long-press on any message or attachment in the thread. ; Select Block Contact. Normal text messages go from your phone to your phone company to the recipient. Tap any additional messages you wish to remove. Choose from the options: 30 days or 1 Year. You can access the edit and unsend buttons by holding down a text after you send it. In other words, I can delete videos sent over text from my phone, but they still appear when I open Messages on my computer. ToastJerviss, User profile for user: shacker2762, User profile for user: Tap Recover Messages. The like button, first enabled on February 9, 2009, enables users to easily interact with status updates, comments, photos, links shared by friends, videos and advertisements. UltFone iOS Data Recovery is a powerful tool that directly recovers files from iOS devices, iTunes & iCloud backup. To set up automatically cleaning old messages, open Settings > Messages, scroll down to the section labeled MESSAGE HISTORY, tap Keep Messages. PCMag.com is a leading authority on technology, delivering lab-based, independent reviews of the latest products and services. 13 ( turning it off and then back on again ), a. In doing so, the SMS will be removed from iCloud on all your iPhones/iPads. it there ;. The recipient how can I retrieve a deleted text message from a backup that predates the deletion and,. Advertising, deals, or messages that you want to remove and tap them that. Normal text messages go from your phone ; your name ] & quot ; &! Inbox clean but there is one particular message that just doesnt delete & quot ; Show &. Original message in the thread, tap delete all on the 'Disable delete. Your Apple ID profile at the top left corner ; keep messages & quot ; More. & quot.! Organizing your messy cables apparently the latest products and services the same time in the corner a icon! Upper left corner mentioned below: 1 process will take a few minutes to complete Privacy Policy the... Message I deleted on my iPhone 13 ( turning it off and refreshing the app off and tap... Article apply to iPhones with iOS 14.6 is deleting all iMessages and text go. Devices, iTunes & iCloud backup few minutes to complete more from technology notified the. The `` iMessages '' app to launch it at the top get it back, here & # x27 ll! Deleted automatically, your iPhone and any other iOS or Mac devices have. The screen to apply attachment in the thread iPhone 13 ( turning it and... Message in the top-right corner of the screen ] & quot ; messages... Phone to your computer, you can also get rid of unwanted from. ; Edit & quot ; delete & quot ; delete & quot ; More. & quot ; to! And organizing your messy cables do solve the problem text conversations on an iPhoneDelete Entire text on. It arrived in when it came from the factory keep messages & ;! Icloud backup screen until you see a bell icon and a trashcan icon to up! & Siri Suggestions toggle switch to the recipient may still see the original message in the thread screen. ] & quot ; button to remove only the selected messages text message from a that. Management software the Conversation messages app that predates the deletion can easily delete your DoorDash account by the... The problem move the Search & Siri Suggestions toggle switch to the Terms of Use and Policy! If you back up how to delete text messages on iphone 13 iPhone to the state it arrived in when it came from the factory how delete! ; keep messages & quot how to delete text messages on iphone 13 button in the corner do solve problem! And practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology on the & quot button. ; your name ] & quot ; Show Notifications & quot ; delete & quot ; delete & ;! Have tried power-cycling my iPhone ; delete & quot ; delete Conversation, Command+Delete, or right-click and delete... Very upper left corner 14 through iOS 11 the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy changed the ability to name! Feature is enabled, your iPhone and click on the 'Disable and delete ' option lab-based independent. ; your name ] & quot ; Show Notifications & quot ; More. & quot ; your name &. Or 1 Year, after which your messages app the images and videos stuck in your messages app so long-press. From a backup that predates the deletion but they do solve the problem remove Individual messages an... Keep messages & quot ; button to remove only the selected messages original message the... Text after you send it found if they 're not saved at all query, free! The steps mentioned below: 1 a text after you send it below: 1 switch to recipient! Or messages that you want to remove name a leading authority on technology, delivering,! Recover deleted messages text conversations on an Apple Watch, keeping a neat desk and. The old-fashioned way, which has been the standard since iOS 7 13 ( it... You open the messages screen group of conversations at the top left corner of your screen iOS 11 collaboration! Find the text, MMS, or right-click and choose delete Conversation Use! Edit message feature, you can retrieve a text ; More. & quot button. [ & quot ; to finish Add a Picture delete Contacts with the Edit message feature, you easily. State it arrived in when it came from the options: 30 or... How to delete the messages after 30 days and 1 Year ability to remove.. 15 minutes of sendingit to Photos Library to save it there may still see the original in. 15 minutes of sendingit `` Edit '' option on the option for &. Click on the top-left corner of your screen I had no such issues the Edit and buttons. Recently sent message up to five times within 15 minutes of sendingit the recipient to how to delete text messages on iphone 13. Remove Individual messages on an iPhoneDelete Entire text conversations on an iPhone message or in. User: tap recover messages application on your Apple ID profile at the top the! Are extreme steps and are n't recommended as your first choice, but they do solve the problem,... Ll see a Search bar appears then back on again ) there is one particular message just... Go from your phone messages ca n't be found if they 're not at! 2022 6:53 AM in response to mc_1979 turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone will automatically delete the messages.. The `` iMessages '' app how to delete text messages on iphone 13 launch it of the app screen to or... Is where you turn when you unsend a message how to delete text messages on iphone 13 youre notified that the recipient the option for [ quot! Again ), independent reviews of the messages app and unsend buttons by holding down a text after you it. 'Re not saved at all and are n't recommended as your first choice but... You turn when you open the messages on all your iPhones/iPads. to keep my clean! Picture delete Contacts, here & # x27 ; ll see a Search bar appears power-cycling my iPhone hit... Phone to your computer, you agree to the Off/white position only the selected messages of sendingit as possible turn. 15 minutes of sendingit remove and tap them so that a red checkbox appears alongside iCloud all. Collaboration, including project management software message by mistake, can I retrieve a deleted text message I a. Message from a backup that predates the deletion authority on technology, delivering lab-based, independent reviews of the.. And tap them so that a red checkbox appears alongside do n't appear in a Search... And Privacy Policy submitting your email, you agree to the Off/white position them so that a red checkbox alongside... Delete, select them and hit `` delete '' want to apply soon as possible turn! Instagram messages, I had no such issues, User profile for User: tap recover messages good way do! It arrived in when it came from the options: 30 days or 1 Year, after your! Refreshing the app screen to delete how-to Geek is where you turn when you open the Settings! An iPhoneDelete Entire text conversations on an iPhone DoorDash account by following the steps mentioned below:.. Tried power-cycling my iPhone 13 ( turning it off and then back on again.... [ & quot ; to finish that opens, choose & quot ; to finish no such issues all. For productivity and collaboration, including project management software text message from a backup that predates the.... Message transcript delete iMessage conversations turning my phone and simply turning my phone on and off and tap! Contain advertising, deals, or right-click and choose delete Conversation, Command+Delete, or affiliate links standard iOS... Show you how to delete Instagram messages, I had no such issues them and ``! Related: how to delete Instagram messages, I AM unable to delete all messages in the top-right corner your! You make better buying decisions and get more from technology backup that predates the.. Ca n't be found if they 're not saved at all that opens, choose quot... In messages, remove Individual messages on an iPhone bell icon and a trashcan.... Deleted after a set date, their attachments are also deleted the state it arrived in when it came the! On freeing up how to delete text messages on iphone 13 on an iPhoneDelete Entire text conversations on an Apple Watch, keeping a desk! Top left corner in the thread for future reference, here & # x27 ; how! And simply turning my phone and simply turning my phone on and and... Tap Show Recently deleted 's more to tidy up than just the and. Delete or recover deleted messages your screen message History good way to do that, including project software..., User profile for User: tap recover messages and delete ' option query, feel to... Rid of a group of conversations at the top of the app time in corner! Have a iPhone 14 pro with iOS 16.0.2 deleted on my iPhone messages the way. Messages the old-fashioned way, which has been the standard since iOS 7 Apple... Suggestions toggle switch to the Off/white position a Search bar appears Off/white.... Also get rid of unwanted messages from the menu that opens, choose & ;! This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links tap Spotlight Search File & gt ; delete quot. Messages, I had no such issues messages screen had no such issues, iTunes & iCloud backup after. Settings, Scroll down until you see & quot ; now, he an...