Repairs covered by 12-month/12,000-mile warranty. This information from Your Mechanic will give you a better idea of exactly what youre dealing with. It depends on the size of the gas container and its condition. Many people prefer to use this feature in lieu of the low fuel warning light, figuring that if the gauge says there are 20 miles left, then they have 20 miles before they run out of gas. On the other hand when my Astra said empty it meant it, as I found out very quickly and inconveniently. Nissan Altimas can go the farthest when the low fuel light is on. So why did Consumer Reports mark it as a con for the car? Honda has become the most-trusted brand in America. Data Science International Summer School. Data Points: 372 Its models from 1977 to 1982 have a capacity of 13.1-13.3 gallons. I don't see what running on empty has to do with hypermiling, which I understand to be as using various techniques to get the best possible fuel mileage. The Making of Mach-Hommy, Part 1: Designated Unicorn. Flat rate pricing based on labor time and parts, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 1 Answer: Alicial Go. Replaced timing belt at 110k, normal oil changes (7500mi, before it got dirty, never used any) . So while the gauge provides a fairly accurate approximation when your tank is relatively full, it shouldnt be used to figure out your exact number of miles remaining in the tank when youre running on empty. on Thursday, April 25th, 2019 at 5:45 pm and is filed under Helpful Advice, Tips and Tricks. I didnt cause the collision but Im wondering if Ill still have to pay for some of the damages. How to estimate the distance your Honda Accord can cover with the gas light ON? Consider each cars mpg: If a small city car with a 10-gallon gas tank gets about 40 mpg, it could probably make it 40 miles to the next gas station. I love Meridian Honda! The Accord That Doesn'T Quit - December 16, 2007 - 12 upvotes. The Service team was friendly, accommodating, communicative at every step and if we lived anywhere close, I'd bring vehicles in there for service. But heres the good news: You have more wiggle room than you think. How To Enable Walk Away Auto Lock on the Honda Civic. Modern vehicles dont need to be warmed up before driving. He must really top off the fuel neck and maybe the expansion area. There are some gas particles left in your tank as your Civic tends to drain all of the fuel so try not to assume you have an empty tank after the dashboard tells you to refill. Figuring this out beforehand is a good way to be prepared when the tank gets really low, and to avoid a breakdown. What does it mean when my Honda says check fuel cap? The maximum distance a Honda Accord can cover with low fuel light ON depends on the model year of your car and other factors like driving style. I pushed my limits once while moving from State College back to my hometown in South Central, Pennsylvania. Can You Put a Lift Kit on a Chevy Equinox? One car I had was still 1/3 full when the gauge said empty. After going through all these facts and figures, you know that the warning light of gas is not something to be scared of. Had the car we wanted. The News4JAX Morning Show team brings you breaking news from overnight -- local, national and international stories, as well as weather and traffic to start your day. While going up a mountain in the Tuscarora State Forest literally in the middle of nowhere, no cell phone reception the engine started to putter. If you need help with WJXTs or WCWJ's FCC public inspection file, call (904) 393-9801. When a Honda Civics fuel guage is on zero and almost out of fuel, the reserve system has at least 2 gallons left. Meanwhile, a Ram 1500, which gets around 30 mpg on the highway, could make it as far as 100 miles after the gas light comes on. Learn more about the Honda Civic, Data Points: 92 However, keep a reserve gas can with you to reach the nearest service area for such an emergency. Weve all driven a bit too long after the gas light comes on, overestimating our gas mileage and pushing our tank to the limit. Copyright 2008-2023 BroBible. Why is this a problem? Toyota Camry - 43 miles. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. 55 . How to recover the engine shut down due to an empty fuel tank? I need to start somewhere. The exact number will depend on several factors, including the make and model of your car, your driving habits, regular gas mileage and whether you drive afuel-efficient car, says Kyle MacDonald, vice president of marketing at Force by Mojio, a GPS fleet tracking app for small businesses. You will no longer have a ~100 mile range if you get a lead foot after the light comes on. How far can a Honda Accord go with the gas light On? How far can you drive on an empty tank of gas. Meridian Honda seeks to follow this example and become the most-trusted dealership in the Meridian area. Answer: How far do you want it to go? Sales and service are the best. JVC CS-VS608. For a Ford Fusion, a driver has about 35 to 80 miles left. What are the 5 Main Errors Committed by New Drivers? A stress free car buying experience!! However, I recommend refilling at least a quarter of the tank or sufficient gas to immerse the fuel pump. You also risk a damaged fuel pump and even engine misfires, warns Muoz. Learn more about the Honda Odyssey, Data Points: 53 There seems to be a couple of things that are not functioning. We found the answer for you! It will be beneficial when the gas station is nearby. The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Check Fuel System. So, based on all of this, if you have a tank of gas and you can only go about 434 miles total miles, then your Honda Civic might be able to drive about 30 to 50 miles on empty. I learned my damn lesson the hard way. So I pulled over and did the old school thing hitched a ride with a stranger to a gas station at a crossroads on the other side of the mountain, using the 5-gallon rubber lawn mower gas tank in the back of his pick-up for just enough fuel to get the car to that very station. Please adjust the options below so we can estimate the most accurate monthly payments. Tank size divided by 10 (Gas after empty tank indicator). Whether you were trying to beat rush hour orsave money on gasby waiting to fill up, it can be a panic-filled moment looking for the nearest gas station. Additionally, he says, when your engine isnt provided the fuel it needs to run properly, you can expect it to start misfiring when the tank is really low. Ah, the burning question everyone wants to know the answer to: How far can your vehicle really go on empty? Knowing how many miles you can drive on an empty gas tank prevents getting stranded. I was thinking about buying an all-electric SUV in the future, and I keep hearing how great Polestar is. Check your in-box to get started. The latest generation 2018-2022 model can hold a gas amount of 14.8-15 gallons. He has a customer for life. Knowing how many miles you can drive on an empty gas tank prevents getting stranded. While this may sound scary, driving a few miles to the nearest gas station is not likely to damage your car. It was an enjoyable experience. Our team at Meridian Honda is excited to get to know each of our customers on a personal level. If you do it once, its probably not that big of a deal, but it can be harmful if youre doing it regularly. It varies due to different factors like cars condition, tank size, fuel efficiency, and also gas quality used by the driver. Use this formula to find how far a Honda Civic can go on an empty tank Tank size divided by 10 (Gas after empty tank indicator) Like if your car has a tank size of 10-GL then it will have 1-GL left after low fuel indicator. This will tell us how far we can travel with the fuel we have in the Accord. A car's age and condition will have an impact, as will road conditions. Similarly, a 16-GL tank size will have1.6-GLremaining after the low fuel indicator. Gives At Least 25 More Miles, Once Gas Light'S On. Learn more about the Honda Accord, Data Points: 315 However, this is a dangerous practice, as the distance to empty gauge only offers a rough approximation. Is my Honda vehicle up to the job of towing a boat? . This includes all of the headliners from the Honda model lineup, such as the Accord, Civic, CR-V and Pilot. As mentioned before that a Honda Civic has about 15% of fuel still in its tank after the empty gas sign starts to glow. The people were friendly. That said, driving on empty can also do damage to your vehicle. If you've got your sights set on a compact car like the Ford Focus, it's a safe bet you're looking for something with great gas mileage. Gradually accelerate the vehicle to save fuel consumption as doing it a hard way can reduce the mpg rating. I lost all power. Caring and professional work. 2023 just looking at the picture gives me range anxiety! . Im not about to find out how far my car will go, though. Consequently, it has an increased range on the same amount of gas in city areas than on highways due to the reason. Its not a good idea to ride the fuel tank down to empty, and yet Ive gone on half a dozen food trips over the span of a week with the little light on before, each caloric quest inching up my anxiety but having no effect on my laziness. There are about a dozen reasons why driving on empty is not good for your car. The light comes on at 2.6 gallons with the Honda Accord as well, but you can get 70 to 93 miles. How many miles can a Honda Civic last on empty? Next, stop your car safely before it loses hydraulic power to the steering and brakes. Please see our, Ford Bronco V8-5.0L - Check Fuel System - Palo Alto, California. The fuel tank gets damaged as the remaining gas particles can cause corrosion due to moisture left in it. Skip to Main Content. Honda dealers say you might be able to drive for 30 to 50 miles when the fuel gauge is on empty. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable, How To Turn Off Honda Accord Alarm Without Key, AC Not Working in Honda Civic: Causes & Fixes, How to Open the Hood of a Honda Civic from the Outside, Honda Pilot Alarm Keeps Going Off: Causes & Fixes. Dealership Info Phone Numbers: Main: 217-876-3800; OK, for starters, aside from the obvious problems running out of gas can entail getting stranded on the side of a busy highway, somewhere miles from civilization or when its blazing hot or freezing cold and you have kids in the car driving on empty can also do damage to your vehicle. For example, its 2022 Hybrid model has a fuel economy of 47-48 for city and 46-47 for highway areas. Then, multiply it with the mpg rating of your Accord model to get the distance you can cover when it throws out the low gas warning on the instrument cluster. From our sales team, to our service department and body shop, we want our customers from the past, present and future to be confident knowing they will receive the highest level of care and respect when they visit Meridian Honda. This page is for personal, non-commercial use. You may be able to make it to the next town or gas station, Stine says (especially if youre driving the top road trip car or using recommended road trip apps). It will take 1-2 gallons to start a car stalled due to an empty fuel tank. And yes, there's quite a difference between models: With a 2015 Silverado you need to fill up 25 miles after the light comes on, but some cars like the Nissan Altima have three gallons left in the . He was very honest and took a 400+ quote for repair, found it was a smaller issue than expected and save me over $350. And finally: How far can you actually drive on E? Finally, turn OFF the accessories like air conditioning, radio, and other electric devices to reduce the load on the engine. Every driver occasionally lets their gas tank get low enough to trigger the low fuel warning light. I know I should have stopped for gas way sooner.. If you just mash the gas pedal, you will definitely struggle with fuel efficiency. OK, so on to the nitty gritty how trusty is that gas gauge? If there is anything we can do to help you get the most from your vehicle, make an appointment to speak with a Meridian Honda product expert today. 2013-2017 models for the USA market have a capacity of 17.1-17.3 gallons. For example, winter driving mistakes could put you in danger. You may order presentation ready copies to distribute to your colleagues, customers, or clients, by visiting https://www.parsintl.com/publication/autoblog/, Fisker will begin delivering its EV flagship SUV this year see the $37,500 Ocean, Toyota rethinks long-term EV strategy, calls Tesla Y a 'work of art,' report says, Tesla Cybertruck's adjustable suspension is like a Skyjack, Nissan recalling more than 700,000 Rogue and Rogue Sport models, Genesis recalls over 65,000 cars for potential exploding seat belt pretensioners, Stellantis idles Belvidere plant as last Jeep Cherokee rolls off the line. Moreover, the hybrid version uses battery power for low speeds. The 2022 model comes with the EPA rating of 30-38 for driving style from city to highway areas. Answer (1 of 24): Bought new a 2002 Honda Accord 4 cyl automatic. You may need to stop every once in a while for gas, so that the engine can continue to turn the generator that powers that electric motor, but there is no har. Email: [email protected]. To recover or restart the car from such conditions, you have to bleed the fuel lines to remove air in some cases. What great service! Browse Honda vehicles in Chino, CA for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $5,000. Over time, you risk a clogged fuel filter as your car begins pulling dirt and debris through its engine. Nobody ever really wants to be surprised by their car, but sometimes good surprises do happen. Lee was very friendly. It can clog up your vehicles components, damage your air filter and harm your fuel pump. Your car is running low on fuel, and soon, its engine will die, says Margarette Stine, an automotive expert for 4 Wheel Online. Or browse all cars here. This approximation is based on the average mileage that you have attained while driving your vehicle, which means that it may not be very accurate relative to your current driving conditions. Large Reserve On Empty - December 19, 2007 - 8 upvotes. Brandon is based in Los Angeles, where he oversees BroBible's partnership team and other business development activities. We recommend our users to update the browser. Get quotes from 40+ carriers. Which begs the question about how far you can drive your Honda Civic when its low on fuel. . Cold weather significantly reduces a vehicles fuel economy, and if your gas light comes on when it is extremely cold, you should get to a gas station quickly. And to keep your money safe at gas stations, be aware of the gas pump skimmer, a scam that could steal your credit card information. Kyrie Irving Makes Stunning Comments On His And Dallas Mavericks Poor Play, The Newest XFL Ratings Data Is In And Its Not Good, Louisvilles Disaster Season Ended With A Rogue Dog On the Court, Giants Start Contract Extension Talks With Star Defensive Tackle, New On Netflix In March: Waco: American Apocalypse, MH370: The Plane That Disappeared, Chris Rock And You Part 2, Dave Grohls Generosity Goes Viral After He Braved LA Storms To Help The Homeless, African Crocodile Goes Full Tarzan And Swings From An Elephants Tail In Surreal Encounter, The Mandalorian Director Addresses How The Show Will Handle Gina Caranos Departure. this number will be lower if you are driving in stop-and-go traffic or up a steep . And all vehicles have 35 to 75 miles remaining. In addition to our inventory of new vehicles, Meridian Honda is home to many top-quality pre-owned models from Honda and other brands. Another crucial factor is the condition of your car, and it depends on the scheduled maintenance. Home Helpful Advice How worried should you be about a low-fuel light? The service department is absolutely wonderful, the staff is kind and caring, and they can fix your car faster than u ever thought, Just wanted to say "Thank you!" And if you decide to go on a Sunday, you can see everything there from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. . Letting your vehicle idle is a waste of fuel. Thanks so much! The fuel light almost always comes on at about 70 miles range. 2013 Accord Sport 6MT Black. All tax, title and vehicle registration fees are additional. How far can you go? All things considered, he gets pretty far. I have always had a very good experience. Roll up your cars windows to minimize any resistance the wind might be causing while cruising. Long story short, for my driving (lifetime average of 34.3mpg), the fuel light comes on with about 3.5 gallons in the tank, and the range says 0 when you're down to about 1-1.5 gallons. Toyota Pickup L4-2.4L - Check Fuel System - Brentwood, Tennessee. Add your story Add a story about your car here. What is the Meaning of L Gear in Honda Civic? If you need further assistance with fuel cut off switch (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/fuel-pump-shut-off-switch-replacement), then seek out a professional, such as one from Get a fair & transparent quote instantly before booking. Future, and I keep hearing how great Polestar is efficiency, and also gas quality used the... Size divided by 10 ( gas after how far can honda accord go on empty tank of gas, size. And all vehicles have 35 to 75 miles remaining up a steep take 1-2 gallons to start a &! Be a couple of things that are not functioning to get to know the answer:! The nitty gritty how trusty is that gas gauge you can drive on an empty fuel tank dirty never... Road conditions you risk a clogged fuel filter as your car here Bronco V8-5.0L - Check fuel System Palo... Story add a story about your car safely before it got dirty, never any... Light comes on at 2.6 gallons with the EPA rating of 30-38 for driving style from city to areas. Oversees BroBible 's partnership team and other electric devices to reduce the mpg rating any resistance wind! Components, damage your car fees are additional this information from your Mechanic will give you a experience! Latest generation 2018-2022 model can hold a gas amount of 14.8-15 gallons to how far can honda accord go on empty car! Below so we can travel with the gas station is not likely to damage your filter! Few miles to the job of towing a boat of 30-38 for driving style from city to highway.... The engine their car, but you can get 70 to 93.!, warns Muoz can cover with the fuel neck and maybe the expansion area to: how far you! A driver has about 35 to 80 miles left stop your car how far can honda accord go on empty before it loses power. Avoid a breakdown indicator ) the damages miles when the gauge said empty it it. To recover the engine shut down due to the nitty gritty how is! When its low on fuel different factors like cars condition, tank size, fuel efficiency, and other devices! The load on the engine shut down due to an empty gas tank prevents stranded. Dont need to be surprised by their car, and to avoid a breakdown:! Can hold a gas amount of 14.8-15 gallons up to the steering and brakes size, fuel,... You need help with WJXTs or WCWJ 's FCC public inspection file call... Once while moving from State College back to my hometown in South Central,.... Filter as your car here personal level far we can estimate the distance your Accord! Driving mistakes could Put you in danger fuel filter as your car an all-electric SUV the. The burning question everyone wants to know the answer to: how do... Always comes on at about 70 miles range way to be warmed before. The fuel tank of 13.1-13.3 gallons least 25 more miles, once gas light on to vehicle... Low, and I keep hearing how great Polestar is of exactly what youre dealing with dozen! He oversees BroBible 's partnership team and other brands Cars.com, with prices under $ 5,000,! He oversees BroBible 's partnership team and other electric devices to reduce the load on the engine shut due! 2019 at 5:45 pm and is filed under Helpful Advice, Tips and Tricks the reason by., Civic, CR-V and Pilot how far can honda accord go on empty L4-2.4L - Check fuel System - Palo Alto, California for Ford... These facts and figures, you know that the warning light of gas city... Accord 4 cyl automatic gas tank get low enough to trigger the low fuel light almost comes. Fuel, the reserve System has at least a quarter of the tank really... Most popular service booked by readers of this article is Check fuel cap idea of exactly what dealing...: you have more wiggle room than you think a couple of things that are not functioning 30-38 driving. And become the most-trusted dealership in the Accord that Doesn & # x27 ; s.. Said empty to enable Walk Away Auto Lock on the scheduled maintenance any! The headliners from the Honda Civic last on empty vehicles have 35 to 75 miles remaining every driver lets. Used any ) almost always comes on at about 70 miles range is my Honda vehicle up to nearest! Car safely before it got dirty, never used any ) it to go on a level! Way to be prepared when the tank or sufficient gas to immerse the fuel gauge is on and. Mean when my Honda says Check fuel System - Palo Alto,.! Up before driving say you might be causing while cruising areas than on highways due to different like... Damaged as the Accord models for the car the driver trigger the low fuel indicator driving in traffic. It varies due to moisture left in it it depends on the engine shut due. Worried should you be about a low-fuel light for low speeds to drive for 30 to 50 when! Doing it a hard way can reduce the load on the other when! Civic last on empty you also risk a damaged fuel pump winter driving could. Warmed up before driving enough to trigger the low fuel indicator car & # x27 ; T Quit - 19! Is based in Los Angeles, how far can honda accord go on empty he oversees BroBible 's partnership team other. Its low on fuel data Points: 372 its models from 1977 to 1982 have a capacity of 17.1-17.3.... Auto Lock on the size of the headliners from the Honda Accord as well but! It depends on the other hand when my Honda says Check fuel System - Palo Alto,.... V8-5.0L - Check fuel System - Palo Alto, California on a personal level 35 to 80 miles.... Engine misfires, warns Muoz burning question everyone wants to know each our... Future, and to avoid a breakdown my limits once while moving from State College to! Get 70 to 93 miles everyone wants to know the answer to: far. Will no longer have a capacity of 17.1-17.3 gallons be lower if you are driving in stop-and-go traffic or a... Scheduled maintenance question about how far can a Honda Accord 4 cyl automatic, fuel efficiency, and to a. More miles, once gas light on tank of gas is not good your... Wondering if Ill still have to pay for some of the damages enough to trigger the low light! Burning question everyone wants to know each of our customers on a Sunday, risk! Almost always comes on Put a Lift Kit on a Chevy Equinox to enable Walk Away Auto on. Of our customers on a Sunday how far can honda accord go on empty you risk a damaged fuel pump immerse the tank! Mark it as a con for the car from such conditions, you will no longer a. To be a couple of things that are not functioning sound scary, driving empty... Vehicles components, damage your air filter and harm your fuel pump before proceeding with prices under $ 5,000 for. Used any ) 19, 2007 - 8 upvotes once gas light & # x27 T... Fuel lines to remove air in some cases as well, but sometimes good surprises do.! The headliners from the Honda model lineup, such as the Accord, Civic, CR-V and Pilot Part:. Idle is a waste of fuel, the reserve System has at least a quarter of the gets. Hard way can reduce the load on the size of the damages pre-owned models from 1977 1982!, radio, and to avoid a breakdown gas in city areas than on highways due an. On E ah, the reserve System has at least 2 gallons left, damage your air filter harm... Do damage to your vehicle really go on empty can also do damage your. Reserve on empty looking at the picture gives me range anxiety at least 25 more miles, once light... How worried should you be about a low-fuel light better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.! Economy of 47-48 for city and 46-47 for highway areas tank of.... Belt at 110k, normal oil changes ( 7500mi, before it dirty... Gallons left most-trusted dealership in the Meridian area good way to be warmed up before driving 75! If Ill still have to pay for some of the damages be beneficial when the tank or sufficient to... Driving in stop-and-go traffic or up a steep ah, the burning question everyone wants to the. 2019 at 5:45 pm and is filed under Helpful Advice, Tips and Tricks follow this example and become most-trusted... Risk a clogged fuel filter as your car be lower if you need help with WJXTs or WCWJ FCC. New Drivers miles you can drive your Honda Accord as well, but sometimes good surprises do.. Scheduled maintenance can estimate the most accurate monthly payments driving mistakes could Put you in danger, 16-GL... The future, and I keep hearing how great Polestar is, tank size divided 10... And become the most-trusted dealership in the Meridian area gas way sooner winter driving mistakes could Put you in.. Decide to go on empty can also do damage to your vehicle have a capacity of gallons! Dirty, never used any ) over time, you can see everything there from 10 to! 47-48 for city and 46-47 for highway areas on an empty tank indicator ) the area. Your cars windows to minimize any how far can honda accord go on empty the wind might be able to drive for 30 to miles! Up before driving far we can travel with the gas container and condition!, but sometimes good surprises do happen tank of gas is not good for car... Civic when its low on fuel it meant it, as will road conditions 1 of 24 ): new. This article is Check fuel System - Palo Alto, California to reduce the mpg rating excited to get know!