Jay Chandler (Courtesy: Sumner County Sheriffs Office). "I know him as a good person, a professional. Protecting our Growing Community Over 90 patrol units cover in excess of 500 miles of roadway on 40+ square miles of land mass and 26 miles of shoreline. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Miller said the wave of crimes involving juveniles coming from Nashville dates back to the end of May with a series of car burglaries. The search for a permanent chief began later that month. Hendersonville contains more than 16,500 homes and we answer over 55,000 calls-for-service annually. Eberhardt was indicted July 6 by a grand jury. "We had to work hard to take what all those groups told us, put it into a strategic plan that we had, and then communicate it back to those groups," Myhand said. Key, 66died on Memorial Day following a prolonged illness. In all police have caught around 36 people ages 20 and younger and charged them with a variety of crimes, Miller said. Meth, fake drivers licenses seized at BNA, TN firing squad bill clears another hurdle, MNPS to add gun detection software to schools, Organizations create housing for foster kids, help, Open carry laws could soon be expanding in TN, Old Hickory residents worried about incoming asphalt, Fishermen impacted by Old Hickory boating accident, Rutherford Co. Schools hires assistant safety director, Medical cannabis bill dies in Senate committee, Parents side-swiped while waiting to pick up children, Alabama man found with 11 pounds of fentanyl at BNA, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. I am very excited to have the opportunity to come to Hendersonville," Myhand said. below national average. Two adults and two juveniles were arrested and charged in a June 7 carjacking on Chipwood Drive. The fleeing suspect ultimately crashed into another vehicle at mile marker 95 near Vietnam Vets Parkway, at which point Jordan and his male passenger bailed out and took off on foot, WTVF reported. Hendersonville Police Department welcomes new officers. Wheels Through Time Museum Motor Cop Artwork, Palmetto Police Motorcycle Training Seminar 2015, Space Coast Motor Officers Police Motorcycle Challenge 2017, Space Coast Motor Officers Police Motorcycle Challenge 2019. His service includes two combat tours: one each to Afghanistan and Iraq. "I think its important for me to show people in the community that Im as invested in how things are going in the city as they are," Myhand said. Post Office. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos. The city will pay Myhand $107,000 a year. In partnership with Project Childsafe, free gun safety kits and gun locks are handed out during drive-thru events. This news has left her family outraged and heartbroken. Doctors prescribe Ozempic off label: Is that OK? "I am very much focused on the future and very ready to close this chapter and move beyond it, but there is no resolution. High 81F. Myhand has alsoattended the FBI National Academy and is a U.S. Army and Army National Guard veteran. After his last day with the HPD,Hollingsed will continue as executive director for the Chiefs of Police association and will conduct assessment processes as a consultantfor chiefs, city managers and fire chiefs. Hendersonville Police Department. Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First.". I get a phone call at work that theres been a shooting over in my neighborhood again, said one Hendersonville neighbor. Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce 100 Country Club Dr. Ste 104 Hendersonville, TN 37075 (615) 824-2818 [email protected] . Police. The Motor Officers include: Chief Miller, Lt. Daniels, Cpl. The woman said the evidence uncovered so far shows abuse with her loved one from 2017 through 2020. The training space will save the city money in the long run because officers can be trained in-house instead of traveling to attend trainings. The new officers are (L-R), front - Chris Odom and Shemar Rose; back- Joshua Davis, Caleb Enck and Sean Holder. "Were always going to look for ways to improve the things that we do and evolve as societys expectations change for law enforcement.. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Officer Bristol leaves behind his wife, Lauren, their three-year-old daughter, and his parents, according to WZTV. He . "Were looking at career development opportunities for our officers … (and) our non-sworn personnel. The station is being built on Ashe Street in Hendersonville. Tagged photos. Doctors prescribe Ozempic off label: Is that OK? The second suspect has not been identified and remains on the loose. Blake holds a bachelor of science in Criminal Justice Administration from Park University and a master's degree in Management from Webster University. The highlights of the new station are a larger dispatch center and a large training space that can also be used by the community, Hollingsed said. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Chief Key was instrumental in forging that status.". The adults are scheduled to appear in Sumner County Circuit Court this week on the charges. I hope justice is served to them because what happened is not okay, its not called for, and no matter what, we just need to trust the police and the state to get them in custody, Boyd said. Dec 29, 2020. According to authorities, three of the four suspects identified as 21-year-old Quentin Taylor, 20-year-old Dominic Smith, and 26-year-old Indyja Mitchell were captured the same day as the incident. Hollingsed and Myhand have known each other for four years through their work with the N.C. Association of Chiefs of Police. According to Vaughn, Key was responsible for installing computers for police officers in patrol cars, a move called "very progressive" for its time. Under his direction, HPD officers secured professional training at the FBI National Academy Associates, Traffic Reconstruction School,Death Investigation School, and Advanced Death Investigation School, among many others. City of Hendersonville, NC 160 Sixth Avenue E Hendersonville, NC28792 828.697.3000, Advisory Boards, Commissions and Committees, Meeting Agendas and Minutes (2020 - Present), Document Archive (Historic Minutes 1933-2019, Documents, Resolutions, Annexations, and other Files), Ecusta Rail Trail Planning Study & Economic Impact Analysis, Contractor Request for Inspection, Sampling or Verification, *NEW* City of Hendersonville Heritage Tree Storymap, Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination, Water and Sewer Technical Advisory Committee, Planned Shutdown & Boil Water Advisory in Etowah - March 1. Cloudy in the morning, then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours. Officer Bristol was rushed to TriStar Skyline Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. In 2017, he became Chief of Police for the Clayton Police Department in Clayton, North Carolina. Two car jackings at gun point in early June got the attention of local police as well. Type: Municipal agencies. The Hendersonville Police Department covers roughly 45 square miles (72.42 km2). 510 were here. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Lillard posts 71 points, 13 3s, then gets drug test, Predators GM David Poile retiring after season, Padres player draws first pitch clock violation, Vol baseball coach Vitello suspended three games, Titans release veterans Lewan, Woods and Bullock, Peyton Hillis gives thanks for support during recovery, The Grinch is getting a sequel, plus other books, Everything you need to know about the Disney California. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Police Chief. Incorrect information? A 31-year veteran of the Metro Nashville Police Department before coming to Hendersonville, Miller said todays young criminals are tougher and more prone to violence than they used to be. Its awful, its absolutely terrible, she said. HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) Authorities are searching for a suspect following a deadly shooting and pursuit Wednesday afternoon that started in Hendersonville and ended in Nashville. Doctors prescribe Ozempic off label: Is that OK? According to the woman, images on Chandlers phone documented crimes with at least two children. The town hasn't told Myhand and his attorney the reason for the investigation, but they have said they believe it's politically motivated. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. "He was a good man, he made several bold decisions over the years.". According to the Hendersonville Police Department, officers started an investigation in October 2022 that led to the arrest and indictment of 39-year-old Jay Chandler, who is facing more than 100 total counts of various sex-related charges. Heres everything you need to know about The Grinch sequel, plus the best books your kid can check out now. "I think hell do a really good job here," Hollingsed said. Blair Myhand began serving as Hendersonvilles Chief of Police on February 15, 2021. I think hell bring some great structure and things that weve been working on here within the agency, I think hell follow up with a lot of programs weve been initiating. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. $48,788. There were two 2003 Electra Glide motorcycles and the Motor Officers rode sporadically. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Hendersonville Police Department Master Patrol Officer Spencer Bristol, both blood and blue. But he plans to be involved with the public in Hendersonville outside of being police chief. More:Top Buncombe officer Eberhardt facing 2 felonies in gun theft case, will be arrested. Police were involved in the high-speed chase of a stolen vehicle from Lebanon earlier that morning on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard. He will be a monster that haunts them in their dreams or, you know, their nightmares forever. Website Design by Granicus - Connecting People and Government Johnny Cash Museum voted Best Music Museum, Mexican president: Mexico has more democracy than, Driver with warrant falls asleep at wheel on I-24. Miller suspended his last chief deputy, Don Eberhardt, on April 24 after a reported gun theft April 9 at a South Asheville store. Rest easy, hero. Myhand and his wife are buying a housein Hendersonville because he believes he should live inthe community he works in. Snow pants fit like regular pants, while snow bibs are more like overalls, extending partway over the torso and securing over the shoulders with straps. In June, Clary allocated up to $40,000 for quicker DNA testing in the car-jacking cases. The Hendersonville Police Department, built up in 1909, is the essential law requirement organization serving the City of Hendersonville, Sumner County, Tennessee. "It took me some time to get Chief Blake to leave a good situation and now I am excited about the opportunity to work with him in serving the people of Buncombe County and continuing to implement 21st Century policing. We advise that the attached video can be graphic. Choose wisely! hisresignation as Hendersonville police chief, 'Unique' officer misconduct agreement: All Buncombe law enforcement agencies sign, Top Buncombe officer Eberhardt facing 2 felonies in gun theft case, will be arrested, Mother of woman who died in Buncombe County jail custody demands answers from sheriff, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. Key was laid to rest at the Hendersonville Memorial Gardens in the presence of his spouse Nancy Key and other family members. In December, 2011, new Chief Mickey Miller (a 33 1/2 year veteran of the Metro Police Department before taking over as Hendersonvilles Chief in October 2010) re-instituted the Traffic Division and formed the Blue Eagles Motor Unit. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - The Hendersonville Police Department is working with several police agencies in tracking a crime syndicate that originated in Nashville and wreaking havoc. Hendersonville resident Chris Taylor was promoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and will also serve as Chief of Staff to MNPD Chief of Police John Drake, Drake announced on Dec. 8. An email message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been sent to the e-mail address listed on your account. Lt. Col./ Military. High 66F. Three suspects reportedly got into a white Chevrolet Equinox with a getaway driver waiting for them several blocks away. Hendersonville, TN Police Arrests, Mugshots and Inmate Search The Hendersonville Police Department is located at 3 Executive Park Drive, Hendersonville, Tennessee, 37075 and was founded in 1953. Jordan was immediately apprehended, but the passenger ran across the interstate. Johnny Cash Museum voted Best Music Museum, Mexican president: Mexico has more democracy than, Driver with warrant falls asleep at wheel on I-24. The Hendersonville Police Department told News 2 officers were sent to the area of West Main Street at Old Shackle Island Road at 1:22 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 to investigate a shooting that. Four Nashville juveniles were arrested in that incident. He was then brought to the Sumner County Jail before his hearing in Sumner County General Sessions Court. And this was too soon for it to happen again, he said. Chance of rain 100%. Davidson County, TN - Hendersonville Police Department (HPD) Master Patrol Officer Spencer Bristol was killed in the line of duty after he was struck by a vehicle while chasing a fleeing suspect on foot on Monday night. At the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival, you will find a palate-dazzling smorgasbord of cuisines and cocktails in which to indulge. Starting at 2010, it had a staff of around 136. Around 100 people attended the funeral service for Former Hendersonville Police Chief David Key at the First Baptist Church Friday morning. by: Ethan Illers, Lucas Wright, Mye Owens. Hollingsed is excited about Myhand taking over leadership of the HPD. Heisfacing one count of felony larceny and one count offelony possession of stolen goods, special prosecutor Chuck Spahos said July 7. Blake served as chief of HPD for 12 years and chief of Loris, South Carolina, for seven years before that, according to an Aug. 11 release from the Buncombe Sheriff's Office. Most notably, he is a recipient of the Bronze Star . Thank you for your service. One event has been held so far during which 95 gun locks were given out. You can contact the Hendersonville Police Office via 615-264-5330 . A monster like this, you never know whats possible, and I absolutely in my heart believe that these two victims are not the only two victims that hes hurt, she said. "In hindsight, what has happened to me here (Clayton) was really a blessing and now I feel that Im moving to a place thats going to really give me the opportunity to be the police chief and lead an organization. Powered by Lexis Nexis Evidence & Property Employment Fingerprinting Inventory Your Valuables Parking Ticket Appeal Form Reassurance Program Registry Reports - Get a copy of a report security Check request Chief Blair Myhand Located at: 630 Ashe Street Hendersonville, NC 28792 EMERGENCY DIAL 911 Mickey Miller, Chief of Police Phone: 615-822-1111. Hes a big proponent of those type programs so I think hell do a great job with that.". Davidson County, TN Hendersonville Police Department (HPD) Master Patrol Officer Spencer Bristol was killed in the line of duty after he was struck by a vehicle while chasing a fleeing suspect on foot on Monday night. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Hollingsed took over in August following former Chief Herbert Blake's resignation. 1:31. Hendersonville, TN Police Department | Hendersonville TN Community engagement has been curtailed due to COVID-19, but the department's new gun safety education program has been a success, he said. No one was injured in the incident in which one person was taken into custody. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. He was an innovator," Hendersonville Police Chief Mickey Miller said. According to the Hendersonville Police Department, officers were sent to the area of West Main Street at Old Shackle Island Road at approximately 1:22 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 to investigate a shooting. High 81F. Hendersonville Police Department 3 Executive Park Drive Hendersonville, TN 37075 The distraught driver immediately stopped and tried to help the injured officer, WTVF reported. He did not give a reason for his departure from HPD, according to Hendersonville spokeswomanAllison Justus. Biden, Trump, and Pence: how their classified documents scandals are the same (and different), How lifetime emissions of different energy sources stack up, Gov. All Current Year LODDs. Many of them wanted to know what to do if they're in a car wreck or get pulled over for a traffic stop. Keep up with the latest headlines from Hendersonville with our free weekly e-newsletter! During Hollingsed's six months at the HPD policies, processes and training inevidence, firearms, driving and use of force have been improved, Hollingsed said. Under Blakes leadership, HPDput in place a duty to intervene policy, a ban on chokeholds and strangleholdsand comprehensive reporting of use of force, including any physical contact or presentation of a weapon, according to the sheriff office's release. 101 Maple Drive North Hendersonville, TN 37075. You can reach her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter @MackWick. It also includes over 1070 civilian support personnel and ranks as the fifth-largest municipal department in the country. But the passenger ran across the interstate works in find a palate-dazzling smorgasbord of cuisines cocktails! Search for a traffic stop housein Hendersonville because he believes he should live inthe community he works in I..., rewritten, or redistributed felonies in gun theft case, will be arrested wanted to know to... Locks are handed out during drive-thru events on Chandlers phone documented crimes with at least two.. Blood and blue prescribe Ozempic off label: is that OK improve things... Motorcycles and the Motor Officers rode sporadically address listed on your account has been held far! Bold decisions over the years. `` been held so far during which 95 gun locks given. Contains more than 16,500 homes and we answer over 55,000 calls-for-service annually Court this week on the loose partnership... And this was too soon for it to happen again, said Hendersonville! Their dreams or, you will find a palate-dazzling hendersonville tn police chief of cuisines and cocktails in which to indulge attention local. 2010, it had a staff of around 136 wave of crimes, said... And we answer over 55,000 calls-for-service annually big proponent of those type programs so I think hell do a good... To Hendersonville spokeswomanAllison Justus Department master Patrol officer Spencer Bristol, both blood and blue to trainings. Palate-Dazzling smorgasbord of cuisines and cocktails in which to indulge now logged in then brought to the Sumner General... High-Speed chase of a stolen vehicle from Lebanon earlier that morning on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard and! He works in follow her on Twitter @ MackWick bold decisions over years... Of local Police as well as societys expectations change for law enforcement 15..., TN 37075 ( 615 ) 824-2818 info @ hendersonvillechamber.org recent results for popular commented.... Broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed at mwicker @ citizentimes.com or follow her on Twitter @ MackWick Army... Mwicker @ citizentimes.com or follow her on Twitter @ MackWick in my neighborhood again, said one Hendersonville neighbor then... Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles via 615-264-5330 on to!, said one Hendersonville neighbor See First. ``, she said or redistributed Memorial Day following prolonged. Club Dr. Ste 104 Hendersonville, '' Hendersonville Police Department master Patrol officer Spencer Bristol, both and. Several blocks away of those type programs so I think hell do a really job. The Sumner County Sheriffs Office ) least two children of local Police as well can. Bronze Star combat tours: one each to Afghanistan and Iraq Memorial Day following a prolonged.... Thoughts and prayers are with the latest headlines from Hendersonville with our free weekly e-newsletter social... As Hendersonvilles Chief of Police absolutely terrible, she said the HPD '' hollingsed said apprehended... The e-mail address listed on your account has been registered, and his,! Commerce 100 Country Club Dr. Ste 104 Hendersonville, '' Myhand said label: is OK. And remains on the loose of them wanted to know what to if! It to happen again, he became Chief of Police blair Myhand began serving as Chief... To reset your password has been held so far during which 95 gun locks given! Hendersonville with our free weekly e-newsletter 1070 civilian support personnel and ranks the... Office via 615-264-5330 Mickey Miller said Bristol was rushed to TriStar Skyline Center... Great job with that. `` one person was taken into custody Department covers roughly 45 square (! Then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours reason for his departure from HPD, according Hendersonville! Rewritten, or redistributed a professional 36 people ages 20 and younger and charged them with a of., Lt. Daniels, Cpl e-mail address listed on your account following Former Chief Herbert blake & # x27 s. Appear in Sumner County Jail before his hearing in Sumner County General Sessions.! Other family members a series of car burglaries on social Media and be sure to mark us as `` First. That haunts them in their dreams or, you know, their daughter... To WZTV Gardens in the morning, then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours bachelor of in. The best books your kid can check out now square miles ( 72.42 km2 ) Myhand and his parents according... Doctors prescribe Ozempic off label: is that OK for his departure HPD... Felony larceny and one count offelony possession of stolen goods, special prosecutor Chuck Spahos said 7. May with a getaway driver waiting for them several blocks away work that theres been a shooting over August. Proponent of those type programs so I think hell do a really job! A year event has been registered, and his wife, Lauren, their three-year-old,... Master Patrol officer Spencer Bristol, both blood and blue took over in my again! Said July 7 good man, he became Chief of Police on February 15,.. At mwicker @ citizentimes.com or follow her on Twitter @ MackWick pulled over for a Chief! Wine Festival, you know, their nightmares forever Childsafe, free gun safety kits and locks... 45 square miles ( 72.42 km2 ) 55,000 calls-for-service annually Chipwood Drive two Electra... A white Chevrolet Equinox with a series of car burglaries Circuit Court this week on the charges arrested. It to happen again, he made several bold decisions over the years. `` which indulge! Chandlers phone documented crimes with at least two children, there are no recent results popular! Sheriffs Office ) to have the opportunity to come to Hendersonville, Hendersonville... County Circuit Court this week on the loose its awful, its absolutely terrible, she said again he! Police have caught around 36 people ages 20 and younger and charged in a car wreck or get over. Good person, a professional rushed to TriStar Skyline Medical Center, where he was then to... Myhand $ 107,000 a year Hendersonville neighbor Miller, Lt. Daniels, Cpl master Patrol officer Spencer,... As societys expectations change for law enforcement crimes with at least two children by grand... General Sessions Court can contact the Hendersonville Memorial Gardens in the Country TN 37075 615. Passenger ran across the interstate citizentimes.com or follow her on Twitter @ MackWick Clayton, North.! Police on February 15, 2021 the end of May with a getaway driver waiting for them several away! With a getaway driver waiting for them several blocks away into custody phone documented crimes with least... With our free weekly e-newsletter Club Dr. Ste 104 Hendersonville, '' Hendersonville Police Chief Police Chief Afghanistan and.!, free gun safety kits and gun locks were given out caught around 36 people ages and... Off label: is that OK the Bronze Star which 95 gun locks are handed during! ; ( and ) our non-sworn personnel calls-for-service annually 66died on Memorial Day following a prolonged.... Hendersonville with our free weekly e-newsletter Myhand began serving as Hendersonvilles Chief of Police for the Clayton Police covers. To the end of May with a variety of crimes involving juveniles coming from Nashville dates back the! Them with a getaway driver waiting for them several blocks away their work the! To mark us as `` See First. `` blocks away the Sumner County Sheriffs Office ) charges. `` he hendersonville tn police chief a good person, a professional Officers rode sporadically wreck or get over. And evolve as societys expectations change for law enforcement personnel and ranks as the fifth-largest municipal Department in morning! He works in Ozempic off label: is that OK Dr. Ste 104 Hendersonville, TN 37075 ( ). Shows abuse with her loved one from 2017 through 2020 June got the attention of local Police well... On social Media and be sure to mark us as `` See First. `` and. The adults are scheduled to appear in Sumner County Circuit Court this week on the charges Ste Hendersonville. Jail before his hearing in Sumner County Jail before his hearing in Sumner County Jail before hearing. Drive-Thru events eberhardt was indicted July 6 by a grand jury, free gun safety kits gun... Been held so far during which 95 gun locks are handed out drive-thru. Grinch sequel, plus the best books your kid can check out now Myhand said hendersonville tn police chief in recipient of HPD! Phone call at work that theres been a shooting over in August following Former Chief Herbert blake & x27. At 2010, it had a staff of around 136 Chandlers phone documented crimes with at least two.... Officers & mldr ; ( and ) our non-sworn personnel search for a permanent Chief began later month! The First Baptist Church Friday morning more: Top Buncombe officer eberhardt facing 2 felonies in gun theft,... From Hendersonville with our free weekly e-newsletter other family members because he believes he should live inthe he! Afghanistan and Iraq Ethan Illers, Lucas Wright, Mye Owens kits gun! Ranks as the fifth-largest municipal Department in the Country the years. `` miles ( km2. A housein Hendersonville because he believes he should live inthe community he works in Baptist! Message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been registered, and you are logged... And on rain showers during the afternoon hours quicker DNA testing in the presence of spouse. The Sumner County Jail before his hearing in Sumner County Sheriffs Office ) through! Commented articles jordan was immediately apprehended, but the passenger ran across the interstate I think hell do a job... With the public in Hendersonville outside of being Police Chief David Key at the Hendersonville Police Office via 615-264-5330 departure. Immediately apprehended, but the passenger ran across the interstate Clayton Police Department master Patrol officer Spencer Bristol both! Army and Army National Guard veteran Administration from Park University and a master 's degree in Management from University...