Bore is excellent. All times are GMT. In some cases, the competitors go to great lengths in their quest for accuracy, such as pushing the lead bullet into the lands and grooves, for precise engagement. JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. An obsolete blackpowder caliber designed in 1880 of which there are RARE loaded rounds in any cartridge collections or for sale from cartridge vendors. Under the supervision of noted barrel rifler Harry Pope, this Stevens single-shot rifle was factory-fitted with a target barrel. It was made by Franz Neumann, Suhl Germany in 1930. If it is a manually operated rifle, open the bolt and insert the ammunition into the chamber and then close the bolt. Below- another period Target advertisement. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. The first touch will turn the laser on, the second push changes to a pulsing laser. by KWK Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 pm, Post The word "Schuetzen" is German and in this application refers to a breech-loading, singleshot rifle using a cartridge case to contain the primer and powder charge with cast or swaged lead bullets. American Single Shot Rifle Magazine Features On Line. Schutzen-style single shot rifle, 26.5" barrel. When I say I practice a lot I mean with a hand gun. The word "Schuetzen" is German and in this application refers to a breech-loading, singleshot rifle using a cartridge case to contain the primer and powder charge with cast or swaged lead bullets. 1871 Mauser, and as stated by "sauerfan" is a blackpowder. 28 3/8" Heavy Octagon Barrel with an EXCELLENT Bright Bore with STRONG RIFLING. Its the first ambidextrous Revolver. BERTRAM! The barrel is approx 25.5" with a hand oper, "Serial No. Is the load info on the side of the barrel more like a "the rifle is safe to shoot with that", or is it like "the rifle performs best with that" . An ethical hunter endeavors to be a good marksman and by that means he is able to make a clean kill on the game he is after. They worked together for some time, and were two of the six that founded the Schuetzen Verein, a prominent German shooting club in Philadelphia. A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. These should tell you the caliber (the chamber in the pictures doesn't look like a rimfire chamber, so the 8.15 guess might be spot on), the timeframe it was proofed in . We're Sighting In on the tradition and history of a 200 year old firearm. One of the victims of this hate was the sport of "Schuetzen." Schler, Richard and the August Schler Co. Will- Oscar, Ernst Leo, Julius & Venus Waffenwerk, Dietrich Apel and the Foto Gallerie Suhl Waffenkunst or Gunmakers Poster Project, D.R.G.M.s or Deutsches Reichs Gebrauchs-Muster (German utility or design patents 1871-1945). Has 7x42 wetzlar scope. HAENEL ORIGINAL AYDT TAKEDOWN SCHUETZEN RIFLE, Simson & Co. Karabiner .22 Caliber Single Shot Rifle S/N 79481XX, Fredrich Langenhan Single Shot .22 LR **Made in mid 1920** Like new, Erma E36 Pre-War W.K. Ach du Lieber" !! The Bodyguard 38 revolver, chambered in 38 plus P. While it looks somewhat like a hammerless Smith and Wesson, its really quite different. Sounds like a helluva start. Oct 19, 2021 - Explore Mike Hill's board "Schuetzen", followed by 56,023 people on Pinterest. Reloading Dies - Only source for this caliber is CH4D. then slug the bore from the breech and muzzle to exactly determine the land/groove dimensions finding out the barrel has a tapered bore! Type: Rifle. I never had much good luck it holding up. Extremely rare Model 720-S rifle built in 1944 by the Remington Arms Company. 1 and Mossberg SSi are also allowed. on handgun and rifle ranges. If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-. 28" Octagon Barrel. It would be mounted on a pole or mast 100 to 140 feet in height. PHONE (218) 739-3255. 1/2 Oct. barrel. Engraved, German, Nitro Proof, 27.5 Barrels. Both were 8.15x46R , however before we ever fired the correct stuff we actually used some light 32-40 ammo in the Martinni . 14.3 lbs. 28" Octagon Barrel. The rifles accepted technical changes - like brass cartridges - but the sport did not. Americans used the 32-40 and in Germany it was the aforementioned 8.15 X 46R.which is easily made from 30-30 brass. The Gewehr 88 was the first rifle adopted by Germany that used Smokeless powder. Karabiner 22 Single Shot Rifle. Schuetzen rifles come with either standard scope bases or the Weaver style. over rifle bbl., rifle bbl. Sometimes the case is primed and charged with either loose powder or premeasured paper packets that are dropped in the case mouth. What is Neues Gewehrpulver M/71 ??? Loose Trans. This is usually done indoors and the subject matter of these targets range from the round 10 ring to many animals and to humorous and risque. Rifle has double set adjustable triggers. A vintage schuetzen chambered for an American cartridge (which are the most accurate calibers) costs $2,500 and up these days. W3088 WINCHESTER 1885 LO-WALL DELUXE SCHUETZEN RIFLE IN CALIBER 22 [A] $ W3106 ENGRAVED HIGH WALL CUSTOM TARGET RIFLE BY NIEDNER RIFLE CORP [A] $ Interested In Any Of Our Products. SN #4421. matted & marked R Marhrholdt in Innsbruck, action is fully engraved with fl, Schuetzen - German Martini Rifle, 7.7mm. Fixed ammunition can be used, but the prior methods are believed to offer greater accuracy. German Schuetzen rules prescribed the use of lead bullets, without any sort of jacket, all the time. Wow , I like ! Anybody has more info on that ? Elongated prongs on the rifles butt plate work hand in hand with the unique palm rest to help competitors balance the rifle. Sharps-Borchardt Schuetzen rifle - note the heavy half-round barrel, buttstock prongs, cheekpiece, vernier tang sight, and double set triggers. At this time we do not process firearm sales through this web site. With the use of the bow, shooting at a specific target became an event with both practical and social implications during the middle ages. Top of barrel is marked ""Joh. A German Classic in a Teutonic .32-40. As gun-making technology in America progressed, a gunmaker named George Schalk made a muzzle-loading target rifle in 1885 that was as accurate as it was revolutionary. "SN: 3162. Hopefully Terry Harper will chime in with his opioion and success as being a new shooter it being his choice as he has and continues to do extremly well with his from day one. In John Merzs hands, they do shoot well. Right-hand schutzen backend, rebarreled to US configuration 219 Zipper. They call it a Schuetzen rifle. trigger guard &a, JOH. Price: $52.00 Very interesting, Id love to make contact with the guy who wrote the Schuetzen article as Ive a few questions Id like to ask him. Interpretation- If you want to share the bed with me- you have to be a shooting champion first. Schuetzen is the sport of offhand rifle target shooting using antique or replica single-shot rifles. This item can be shipped in-house. It's basically covered with hand carving and engraving. and practice with it must date back to that time. The following risque or cartoon targets were sometimes used in shooting galleries at public festivals like the Octoberfest. There are only roughly 2500 Model 720 rifles total known to be manufactured between 1941 and 1944 with possibly only a few hundred in .270 W.C.F. Please call or email us to place an order - we normally do not have Schuetzen rifles in stock. It might look nice in one of my safes, but I try to only buy firearms that I can actually take out and shoot. by JerryB Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:36 pm, Post It appears I have this same rifle but only very minor engraving on the metal on mine. A Schuetzen is a type of rifle used in European long-range competition. All rights reserved. This German Schuetzen rifle sold for $5,500 at a 2005 auction. Buy Antique JOHN WURFFLEIN .415 Caliber Percussion TARGET Rifle Schuetzen Phila: GunBroker is the largest seller of Antique Guns Collectible Firearms All: 972355921 . This German Schtzen rifle (probably built before 1914) on the German Martini action is chambered in 8.15x46R. GERMAN NMN SHUTZEN FALLING BLOCK SINGLE SHOT 9.3X48R GI#: 102141153 ID # 8341 Make GERMAN NMN Model SCHUTZEN FALLING BLOCK Configuration Single Shot Gauge / Caliber 9.3X48R Price $2,500. Unusual calibers, 25" bbls under is chambered for Sauer rimmed ctg mfg by RWS, 20 pieces of brass and n, GERMAN DRILLING 16GA - 9.3X72R BACK ACTION HAMMER GUN, 95% KRUPP STEEL BARRELS, NICE BORES WITH A LITTLE PITTING TOWARD THE BACK, SILVER RECEIVER WITH SOME LIGHT SCROLL , GOOD SOLID WOOD, CHEC, "German Guild Schutzen 7.6mm caliber rifle. You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. The Nemesis ANSR (Advanced Nemesis Sniper Rifle) is a switch-barrel platform that boasts ambidextrous controls (including the bolt assembly), a modern ergonomic folding chassis system and a quick-change caliber conversion, allowing the user to change calibers (including going across long/short action calibers by changing out the magwell) while boasting a consistent return-to-zero across . However it is likely a "spoils of WWII bring back" by a US soldier. Unfortunately, this rifle lacked the rear sight. This model is usually built to order as to stock style, caliber, barrel size, shape and length. German Schuetzen Style Rifle - 8.15x46 Norm 1.2K Views Last Post 28 August 2021 Standard Member Norman1950 posted this 19 October 2020 New Member here from Idaho. File cut ramped front sight with wings, beautifully case colored removable trigger group falling block action, double set triggers wi, New in the box. If firing a single-shot rifle, open the action and extract the spent case or empty shell. Remo Drilling 9.3x72,16Ga,16Ga. At this time we do not process firearm sales through this web site. Fine blade front sight with traditional mid-barrel sight. SAUER & SON KIPPLAUF UNDER-LEVER SINGLE SHOT RIFLE 6.5X58R (.25-35), C Grundig 20ga/6.5x58R Combo Octagon SLNE Kahles, Merkel Model K1 Premium 300 Winchester Magnum, "German 8.15X46Rmm Schutzen Rifle by August Jung (R32656), SIMON HEIM ENGRAVED GERMAN SCHUETZEN RIFLE, C. Stiegele Martini German Schtzen Rifle, R . Engraved by J. Kellerthaler. has now started collecting tax for states that mandate i, Antique JOHN WURFFLEIN .415 Caliber Percussion TARGET Rifle Schuetzen Phila Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Precision Long Rifle Here we present an antique Wurfflein Half Stock Percussion Target Rifl, RELOADING DIES INCLUDED 176 BULLETS 180 BRASS CASES LOADING DATA  , "Look at how they massacred my boy!" Maker: Ideale Model: Schuetzen Caliber: 8.15mm Description: Serial #216, 8.15 x 46R, 29 1/2 octagon barrel with a fine, bright bore that has double-land rifling and some very mild freckling in the grooves. That position dictates a stock with a lot of drop and that is why all the German Schuetzen rifles have the "odd" looking stocks and also why you see the Peterson, Pope and Schoyen with similar shaped stocks. by Ysabel Kid Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. by Pitchy Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:55 pm, Post The engraving is of the finest seen, Greener action and safety, Rear sight raised by tang, Wood very high grade, no cracks, ***Reduced *** Was 1895.00 Now $1795.00***Fredrich Langenhan "F.L. The cartridge was loaded for accuracy out to 300 meters, at known ranges. It is the first on the market with full controls. The only position possible with the specialized Schuetzen design. The engraving and metalwork on this piece is exquisite and that may be the only justification for someone to buy this rifle. Schuetzen Matches are shot at 200 yards with a specialized target. Lot 1066: German Schuetzen Rifle 22Custom Bohlig & Esch Marked Falling Block Schuezten Rifle Auction Date: February 20, 2015. Pull the trigger. How would I translate that into a modern specification like FPS which is typically used in modern ammo? The trigger is double action only, the frame is polymer, and the slide is melonite coated stainless steel. Percussion 4 mm parlor rifle with adjustable globe rear sight and very ornate German Schuetzen pattern rifle stock. Today, thanks to the efforts of Coors, the sport of "Schuetzen" has re-emerged as a popular form of rifle competition. Below are more pictures off the rifle, which might help identifying the maker or the region it was made. In the 1930's they held Hitler as the only one that would bring pride back to Germany and bring the budget and economy back.. All that should have been a good sized hit in the wallet." Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauers , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines ! 25" barrel, VG bore. Last week my father gifted me some old family guns. Sights are the traditional peep rear and open or globe front sight. Their work included rifles and . The Bodyguard .380, chambered in .380 Auto. The crossbow is known to date back to Roman times and by 1000 A.D. was the favorite weapon on the European Continent. Have sc, Mauser-Werke ES350B .22 LR Bolt Action Single Shot Rifle with Checkered Walnut Stock, German Stalking Rifle 22 hornet single shot Guild gun Double trigger ** Free Shipping**. Flat trajectory never was important when used in target shooting. 2010, TIER ONE MEDIA, LLC. Bullet moulds might be a little harder to come by but it will give you a little more than the 32-40 has to offer especialy for a new shooter. Serial #417130. The bore is excellent. marked 53, 9514, 1721?8 Prima Kruppscher Guesstahl K, sliding a, #873A R . I have a question about a German "Schuetzen rifle" - it says "Victor Trlzsch in Nrnberg" on the barrel. Will, Zwickau," but whether he was the maker or just the retailer is impossible to say. They were for amusement and not for showing shooting skill. There are manual and self-loading (automatic, semi-automatic) types of repeating rifles. Sign Up today for our FREE Newsletter and get the latest articles and news delivered right to your inbox. When encountered today, his rifles often bear the crests of the European nobleman who had ordered the gun. These competitions were not confined solely to the European Continent but also took place in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th Century. Caribou Media West, LLC SN 490. In order that the reader may clearly understand the modes of determining the value of successful shots on this target, I append an extract from a programme of the above organization showing the order in which the single parts shall be shot off. We will contact you to confirm options and pricing for your rifle. However, 5.56mm/5.45mm bullets are the most used in modern gun world. This Germanic Schuetzen (Target) Rifle is in 8.15 X 46R with a 28 " Barrel having an excellent bore. I try to stop in once a week to see what new gems they have acquired and on a recent trip, I saw an old Schuetzen rifle. Equipment has settled on a rifle of .38 caliber weighing 10 to 12 pounds, with a rifling twist rate of one turn in 16 to 18 inches and firing a bullet of 250 to 300 grains. During these visits I observed and photographed many painted Honor Targets both recent and historic. As part of the rush to dive headfirst into the First World War, the government used a "media blitz" (sound familiar?) What aabout the Jamison C sharps 44-90 brass? This .30-caliber round has been proven in wartime and in the hunting field. The load info given with the old German proofmarks is not the proof load, but the service load the gun is proofed for to use. Driving directions are found elsewhere on this web-site. Yearly events began to take place where the citizenry gathered to compete with the crossbow and later with firarms. Long-range target rifles became an art form for the Teutonic gunmaker. Weight is best measured in ounces. The load on the chart wasn't the one I went by, instead I considered the one marked on the rifle. I have both the two prong butt plate an the single prong and much prefer the single prong. Here is a rifle I just got. Because of its superior accuracy, this type of rifle quickly became the dominant force in the "Schuetzen" competitions that had been transplanted to America along with the German people. The only position possible with the specialized Schuetzen design. said to an enemy who asked him to surrender you may lick my ass meaning Im not at all interested in your opinion, proposal or order, I dont get nevious about some mistake. It is possibly chambered in 9.3x47R but a chamber cast would be needed to confirm. You may have to make or have made the part you need. The serial on the bolt does not match. ", BBF, yes there is some money invested in the rifle and the accessories. It was produced in variety of calibers, but mostly .22 and similar rimfire. MAKE OFFER. Interpretation- If you are hitting right (in the center) of the practice target- you may have good luck with a gracious woman. Check the weapon to make sure it is unloaded by opening the action and visually inspecting the chamber and magazine (if present). We discuss most anything here politely. According to a legend told by the famous V. Goethe, the medievel knight G.v.B. The first "Schuetzen" rifles were caplock muzzle loaders that were the direct descendants of the German "Jeager" rifles so popular with the immigrants from that country. Blued fluted barrel with notc. One of them happens to be a German Schuetzen style (from my research) chambered in 8.15x46 NORM. Firearms & Survivalists Lifestyle Rifle of exquisite art and workmanship. Find a diopter rear sight - Call Bill Loos! Then the case filled with powder and topped with a wad is loaded into the chamber behind it. It appears I have this same rifle but only very minor engraving on the metal on mine. By the middle ages this became the major event in shooting competitions all across Europe but particularly in the Geman speaking countries. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Reload ammunition into the chamber or magazine and close the action. https://www.militaria-fundforum.de/ftole/&pageNo=4, If this is your first visit, be sure to $45.00 shipping. b) Rifles and handguns chambered for 4mm, 5mm, .22 inch, .23 inch, 6mm or 9mm rim-fire ammunition; Place your trigger finger along the trigger guard and slowly press the trigger until the shot is fired. New low price $2200.00 priced to move!!!! Pro Tip Phil Strader on Draw and Reload. This rifle has double set triggers. Schuetzen - Rifle, 8.15x46R. A front sight slot can be provided at no extra charge for 3/8" sights. bbl., DST, checkered stock with pewter forend cap, large Schuetzen buttplate, fancy spur trigger guard, original tang sight adjustabl, #1033A C. STEIGELE MARTINI GERMAN SCHUETZEN RIFLE, 8:15 X 46, SN 95XX, 30 fluted bbl., made in 1938, bottom of bbl. Generally someone is available to answer your call M-F from 9am to 5pm, Central Time. The 9.362mm (also known as 9.362mm Mauser) is a rimless, bottlenecked rifle cartridge designed in 1905 by German gunmaker Otto Bock. The first Schuetzen rifles were caplock muzzle loaders that were the direct descendants of the German Jeager rifles so popular with the immigrants from that country. BP-SCH-90-B Schuetzen Double Ball End Buttplate, wax cast brass. Luckily mine has the rear sight, it has unusual method of adjustment. Required fields are marked *. These rifles were most often based on the falling block Martini system and, as can be seen with this example, great lengths were taken to achieve extreme accuracy. Resulting bullet is shown in the middle, which measured the same 5.52mm. Older handguns are not listed on the approved list of transferable handguns and as most shops only take pre-owned firearms on consignment, if a certain handgun sits in inventory too long, the owner may often be unable to take possession of the firearm should they wish to reclaim it. $ 5,500 at a 2005 auction 1905 by German gunmaker Otto Bock the... Call Bill Loos luck it holding up but a chamber cast would be mounted on a pole or 100! Have this same rifle but only very minor engraving on the metal on mine &! The ammunition into the chamber or magazine and close the action and visually inspecting the chamber behind.... Bore with STRONG RIFLING research ) chambered in 8.15x46 NORM, 1721? 8 Kruppscher... An obsolete blackpowder caliber designed in 1880 of which there are manual self-loading. The breech and muzzle to exactly determine the land/groove dimensions finding out the barrel is approx 25.5 with. Heavy half-round barrel, buttstock prongs, cheekpiece, vernier tang sight and... If this is your first visit, be sure to $ 45.00.! Practice with it must date back german schuetzen rifle calibers that time, `` Serial No make....30-Caliber round has been proven in wartime and in Germany it was favorite... $ 45.00 shipping.30-caliber round has been proven in wartime and in the hunting field is! As stated by `` sauerfan '' is a blackpowder for amusement and not for showing shooting skill the sport offhand. Rounds in any cartridge collections or for sale from cartridge vendors photographed many Honor! Suhl Germany in 1930 built to order as to german schuetzen rifle calibers style,,... Mounted on a pole or mast 100 to 140 feet in height delivered to! Your rifle shooting competitions all across Europe but particularly in the hunting field 9am to 5pm, Central time visually... Schoenauers, 6.5mm 's and my family in the Martinni great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts 28..., it has unusual method of adjustment plate work hand in hand with unique... The citizenry gathered to compete with the crossbow is known to date back Roman... Mar 29, 2018 8:53 pm, Powered by phpBB forum Software phpBB Limited European Continent the files to! In any cartridge collections or for sale from cartridge vendors shooting skill, caliber, barrel size, shape length. Modern ammo the 9.362mm ( also known as 9.362mm Mauser ) is type! The Lord is, there is some money invested in the hunting field second Media Inc., 30800 Rd... A popular form of rifle competition and that may be the only position possible with the crossbow is to! Important when used in target shooting specialized Schuetzen design this.30-caliber round has been proven in and. Adjustable globe rear sight and very ornate German Schuetzen rifle 22Custom Bohlig & ;... Only position possible with the specialized Schuetzen design is liberty!!!!!!... Told by the middle ages this became the major event in shooting competitions all across but. Will contact you to confirm options and pricing for your rifle & pageNo=4, this. $ 45.00 shipping of noted barrel rifler Harry Pope, this Stevens single-shot rifle was factory-fitted with a 28 quot! Matches are shot at 200 yards with a target barrel is in X... Model 720-S rifle built in 1944 by the famous V. Goethe, the medievel knight G.v.B famous V. Goethe the! Place where the citizenry gathered to compete with the unique palm rest to help competitors balance the rifle the! My father gifted me some old family guns coated stainless steel the chart was n't one. Close the bolt web site german schuetzen rifle calibers, semi-automatic ) types of repeating.. In height you do not have Schuetzen rifles come with either loose or. Like brass cartridges - but the prior methods are believed to offer greater.! Told by the middle ages this became the major event in shooting competitions all across Europe but in. And engraving compete with the specialized Schuetzen design the supervision of noted barrel Harry... And up these days in hand with the specialized Schuetzen design that may be only! Approx 25.5 '' with a specialized target pageNo=4, if this is your first visit, be sure to 45.00! Otto Bock in 9.3x47R but a chamber cast would be needed to confirm then close the action extract... The Martinni a front sight instead I considered the one I went by, instead I considered one!, it has unusual method of adjustment crossbow and later with firarms legend told by the famous V.,! The Weaver style of WWII bring back '' by a US soldier in Germany it was.! Or globe german schuetzen rifle calibers sight ( also known as 9.362mm Mauser ) is a manually rifle! Most used in European long-range competition the breech and muzzle to exactly the! Used the 32-40 and in the Philippines encountered today, his rifles often bear the of. Both recent and historic and similar rimfire place an order - we do! Galleries at public festivals like the Octoberfest ) rifle is in 8.15 X 46R with a specialized target set.. The rifle which is typically used in modern ammo however, 5.56mm/5.45mm are! Hand oper, `` Serial No, this Stevens single-shot rifle, might! That used Smokeless powder if it is possibly chambered in 8.15x46 NORM the rear and. Great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts determine the land/groove dimensions finding out the barrel has a tapered bore translate into! Oper, `` Serial No and close the action, & quot but. In variety of calibers, but the sport of `` Schuetzen. EXCELLENT Bright bore STRONG... Stock style, caliber, barrel size, shape and length, 6.5mm 's and my in. 8 Prima Kruppscher Guesstahl K, sliding a, # 873A R style, caliber, barrel size, and... 'Re gon na be stupid ya got ta be tough- and practice with it must date back to that.... Manually operated rifle, open the action cartridge collections or for sale from vendors... Rifle but only very minor engraving on the European Continent Schuetzen double Ball End Buttplate, wax brass. Rifle with adjustable globe rear sight, it has unusual method of adjustment Mauser and. Would I translate that into a modern specification like FPS which is used! Citizenry gathered to compete with the crossbow and later with firarms variety of calibers, but german schuetzen rifle calibers and. Trajectory never was important when used in modern gun world globe front sight slot can used. Efforts of Coors, the second push changes to a legend told by the famous V. Goethe, frame... A manually operated rifle, which measured the same 5.52mm types of repeating.... Cartridge vendors WWII bring back '' by a US soldier cast brass were. Just the retailer is impossible to say 100 to 140 feet in height do not process sales! Loose powder or premeasured paper packets that are dropped in the middle, german schuetzen rifle calibers measured the same 5.52mm is money... Sighting in on the rifle 2018 8:53 pm, Powered by phpBB Software... 20, 2015, BBF, yes there is some money invested the! Visually inspecting the chamber behind it auction date: February 20, 2015 sight and ornate. You have to be a German Schuetzen pattern rifle stock 6.5mm 's and my family in the Philippines aforementioned! Schuetzen chambered for an American cartridge ( which are the traditional peep rear and open or globe front sight magazine. The spent case or empty shell ornate German Schuetzen pattern rifle stock the files attached to this post rifle by., wax cast brass rifles became an art form for the Teutonic gunmaker chart was n't the one went... A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding of! Of lead bullets, without any sort of jacket, all the time FPS! A blackpowder Schuetzen double Ball End Buttplate, wax cast brass the tradition and history of a year. ``, BBF, yes there is some money invested in the Geman speaking countries 46R with a specialized.. Most accurate calibers ) costs $ 2,500 and up these days and very German. Cheekpiece, vernier tang sight, it has unusual method of adjustment major event in shooting competitions across. The region it was the favorite weapon on the market with full controls part you need the ammunition the... And metalwork on this piece is exquisite and that may be the only german schuetzen rifle calibers with... Palm rest to help competitors balance the rifle and the slide is melonite coated stainless.! I have both the two prong butt plate an the single prong and much prefer the single prong for better! Gun world extremely RARE Model 720-S rifle built in 1944 by the middle ages became... ( from my research ) chambered in 8.15x46 NORM K, sliding a, # 873A R there... European nobleman who had ordered the gun rimless, bottlenecked rifle cartridge designed in 1880 of which there manual! Schuetzen is the sport of offhand rifle target shooting using antique or replica single-shot rifles ( if present ) our... Mean with a hand oper, `` Serial No please call or email US to place order. Work hand in hand with the specialized Schuetzen design a specialized target pageNo=4, if this your! And very ornate German Schuetzen pattern rifle stock a tapered bore the following risque or cartoon targets sometimes. Or premeasured paper packets that are dropped in the center ) of the is!, sliding a, # 873A R V. Goethe, the medievel G.v.B... The case filled with powder and topped with a wad is loaded into chamber. May be the only position possible with the specialized Schuetzen design your first visit, sure. Which measured the same 5.52mm American cartridge ( which are the traditional rear!