Every year in the lead up to Veterans Day, the names are read aloud of the 58,281 people listed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. [68][69] It also occasionally carries the 9 p.m. newscast in rare cases where Fox requires national coverage of a breaking news story. WITI began serving as the primary television station for the Green Bay Packers as a CBS affiliate in 1959, when the network obtained the television rights to the pre-AFL merger National Football League; after the switch to ABC, no games aired until 1970 when Monday Night Football premiered on the network. He initially hinted at a new job but will reveal details after the weather clears. WITI is one of several Fox stations that offer newscasts in both the final hour of prime time and the traditional late news timeslot, one of the few affiliated with the network that runs a 10:00p.m. (or 11:00p.m.) newscast seven nights a week and one of the few to continue its Big Three-era 10:00p.m. newscast after switching to Fox. In 1961, WITI lost the NTA network due to its closure, and CBS decided to affiliate with WISN-TV (channel 12), as its sister radio station had been a longtime affiliate of the CBS Radio Network. For many years, she worked for Fox 6 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He currently works as a news anchor on the morning show on Milwaukee's Fox 6. Marty Burns-Wolfe Years active in Milwaukee: 1985-1996 On the surface, Jerry Taff and Marty Burns-Wolfe seemed like the perfect TV news team: Taff was older and measured; Burns-Wolfe was. Wiki/Bio Nicole Koglin was born in the village of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, in the United States of America. No Ted Perry.. It's all gone by in the blink of an eye, but I couldn't be luckier. [38][39][40][41][42][43][44] Three days later on August 9, Tribune announced it would terminate the Sinclair deal, and concurrently filed a breach of contract lawsuit in the Delaware Chancery Court, alleging that Sinclair engaged in protracted negotiations with the FCC and the DOJ over regulatory issues, refused to sell stations in markets where it already had properties, and proposed divestitures to parties with ties to Sinclair executive chair David D. Smith that were rejected or highly subject to rejection to maintain control over stations it was required to sell.[45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52]. We now have two kiddos Jack and Harper and a furrier one, Rileigh (Portuguese Water Dog) . That helped steer me towards journalism. On March 31, 2009, WITI had its first network preemption outside of children's programming since it joined Fox in 1994 when it opted to delay Osbournes: Reloaded to 1:05a.m., due to its inappropriate content, in favor of airing the locally produced special Dealing with Drugs (a discussion about the effects of drug abuse on southeastern Wisconsin teens) in the former's evening slot.[70]. FOX6's Stephanie Grady sat down with Murphy to reflect on that day a decade later. We moved to Milwaukee, WI in the fall of 2014 and have loved life in the Badger State. Crime and Public Safety. 10. The subchannel also aired coverage of the December 2010 funeral of Chicago Cubs legend Ron Santo from WGN-TV; it previously aired a same-day encore of Real Milwaukee at 8:00p.m. weeknights. This one, however, is worth celebrating for Suzanne Spencer of Fox 6 News in Milwaukee, WI. Even though I graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology, I had no intention of being a broadcast meteorologist. WITI-TV officially became a Fox affiliate on December 11, 1994, when the network's programming lineup moved to the station from WCGV; the first Fox network program to air on the station as a full-time affiliate was Fox NFL Sunday at 11:00a.m. Central Time that day, leading into that afternoon's NFL doubleheader: the 1994 Chicago BearsGreen Bay Packers game at Lambeau Field (which served as one of Fox's early regional games that day and saw the Packers win in a 403 blowout victory) and a mid-afternoon national game between the San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers. WITI has aired most regional or national Packers game telecasts since returning to CBS in 1977, albeit with a three-month interruption due to CBS losing its contractual rights to the National Football Conference following the 1993 season (the games instead aired on WCGV for the first three months of Fox's NFC telecasts as a lame-duck affiliate, but without any pre-game programming). And finally, I spent three years under the shadow of the Golden Dome, reporting on all things Notre Dame as the weekend sports anchor at WSBT. After receiving her journalism degree in 1972, she served two years there as a news and sports reporter before shifting to WITI-TV in Milwaukee, where she served 5 years as a news reporter. I shouldn't have been surprised. Courtney Friel Today there are dozens of sources for news, and you can get it right now - no waiting. [25][26][27], On January 26, coinciding with Fox's telecast of Super Bowl XXXI (Fox's first Super Bowl telecast, in which the Packers defeated the New England Patriots), WITI-TV changed its branding from the "Fox is Six/Six is News" moniker to simply "Fox Six" (with its newscasts concurrently rebranding as Fox Six News), using a logo that matched the design language of the logo for the NFL on Fox, with "SIX" in place of "NFL". On December 5, 2009, WITI became the second station in Milwaukee (behind WTMJ-TV) to begin broadcasting its local newscasts in high definition. From September 9, 2013, to July 11, 2016, WITI aired a weekday afternoon talk show, Studio A, which aired at 4:00p.m. and was hosted by anchors Ted Perry and former news anchor Katrina Cravy, who left to launch a consulting firm, and former WLUM-FM (102.1) morning host Brian Kramp, the program focused mainly on community issues and events in Milwaukee, and provided breaking news coverage if needed. On Oct. 27, 1954, WISN-TV signed on for the first time. I would love to hear from you so if you have a story idea or would just like to say hi, please do! After more than 15 years of helping Milwaukeeans get their day started on the right foot on FOX 6's WakeUp, Nicole Koglin . Jenna Sachs Jenna Sachs gets. She lived in Madison for three months trying to sell the house while I lived here, working every day. In December 2012, WITI began construction of a new Studio A set designed by FX Group, to replace the "Milwaukee's Newscenter" set, which had been in use since 1998 and received three refreshes over the course of its use (that set's heavy integration of its 2002 to 2006 horizontal logo resulted in WITI not using the vertical "kitebox" logo of its sister stations under Fox when it began using the standardized O&O graphics in 2007). FOX6's Stephanie Grady sat down with Milwaukee mayoral candidate Bob Donovan for an interview ahead of the April 5 election. I have been fortunate to work in a stable environment. Channel 6 saw a demo tape of the graphics system which just happened to be one of my weekend evening weathercasts on Channel 27 in Madison. (Times Mirror Co. to sell four stations to Argyle Communications Inc.)", "Argyle socks away profit. WITI's newscasts overall have typically finished in third place, behind WTMJ-TV and WISN-TV, although, in the main demographic ratings that advertisers use, the three stations are much closer with any three placing first in selected newscast, and like most Fox affiliate newscasts in prime time, the 9p.m. newscasts often can outrate the 10p.m. newscasts on Milwaukee's other three stations, along with WITI (in addition to the 9p.m. shows from WDJT on WMLW-TV, and WISN's newscast on their True Crime Network subchannel). A different kind of class is in session this fall at Kewaskum High School. [20][21] WJJA's owner, minister Joel Kinlow, wanted to maintain his station as a training venue for those wanting to know about the broadcasting business, but also did not want the stress of running a network affiliate, and thus also declined an affiliation offer. Unburdened by having to carry Fox Kids, WITI's revamped programming schedule as was the case with most of New World's other Fox stations relegated children's programs to the regulatory minimum on weekends, with the station instead choosing to continue producing their popular local homebuilding and home maintenance programming (and in the case of Ask Gus, a do-it-yourself instructional program hosted by station announcer and Wake Up News contributor Gus Gnorski, expanding it to a full weekly program). Milwaukee County Chief Judge Mary Triggiano went one-on-one with FOX6's Stephanie Grady to give a unique perspective into how she sees the community recovering after a crime-ridden few years. Some other syndicated programs seen on WITI include Judge Judy, TMZ on TV/TMZ Live and Extra among others, along with Access Hollywood, the latter three forming a late night entertainment news block. It was also among the handful of CBS affiliates that opted not carry Pryor's Place due to concerns that parents would protest a station airing a Saturday morning program starring a comedian known for using controversial and racially insensitive material. Studio A was again redesigned in the summer of 2019, with updated technology and design tying into a new graphics package (debuted by former sister station WDAF-TV in Kansas City) introduced in October 2019, and by coincidence Arnold's new "Beyond" package mainly utilized by the Fox-owned stations since 2018. The transaction also made WITI the first Milwaukee television station to serve as an owned-and-operated station of a major network since CBS owned WOKY-TV/WXIX (now WVTV) from 1954 to 1959. During the FIFA World Cup and golf's U.S. Open in mid-June and July 2018, WITI shifted daytime news programming and Real Milwaukee to WITI-DT2 to accommodate the World Cup's morning and early afternoon scheduling. Petersburg, WJBK-TV in Detroit and WAGA-TV in Atlanta, NBC affiliate KNSD in San Diego and independent station WSBK-TV in Bostoninto a new broadcasting subsidiary, New World Communications.[13][14][15]. KKR sold the stations to Racine native George N. Gillett Jr.'s Gillett Communications in 1987; shortly thereafter, SCI Television was spun off from Gillett to acquire the stations after the latter company filed for bankruptcy. FOX6's Carl Deffenbaugh and photojournalist Eric Litsheim accompanied Stars and Stripes Honor Flight on its most recent flight, the last before Veterans Day. Harry Volkman was at the awards ceremony and it was a full circle moment to have my picture taken with him. Additionally, Court TV's carriage with Scripps' WTMJ-TV as under sister ownership meant WITI would not carry that network despite Tribune/Nexstar's deal with that network to launch carriage at the end of October 2019. The station's digital signal continued to broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 33. Programming and some local advertising, along with program promos are still in the 4:3 format. By Steve Kabelowsky Contributing Columnist Published Jun 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM. As an ABC affiliate, WITI preempted The Dick Cavett Show in the early 1970s, in favor of classic movies, All My Children in favor of running a noon newscast, American Bandstand for movies or syndicated fare, One Life to Live and Dark Shadows in favor of an afternoon movie, and ABC News (when it was a 15-minute broadcast) due to local news or syndicated shows; in the case of these programs, they were picked up by WVTV until 1972 when the then-independent discontinued the secondary arrangement after 12 years. That antenna was removed in September, with the digital antenna being moved higher in October, causing some signal interruptions, along with affecting the operations of WUWM (89.7 FM), which transmits its signal on the tower. WCGV temporarily converted into an independent station in the run-up to affiliating with the upstart United Paramount Network (UPN) the following month (on January 16, 1995), though retaining Fox Kids, as WITI held no interest in carrying the network's children's lineup due to a successful weekday afternoon and Saturday morning lineup, as most New World stations did. Lori Waldon (left, with news producer. It is duplicative of the HSN feed carried by WPXE-DT8, which also transmits from WITI's tower. In 1978, WITI moved its operations to a new facility located on North Green Bay Road in Brown Deer, just outside Milwaukee; the upstart WCGV-TV (channel 24), which would eventually air programming from CBS that WITI refused, purchased WITI's former studios and used them from 1980 until 1994. Duria joined Channel 6 as a reporter in 2010. Channel 6's news department began with the launch of the station in 1956, its newscast was then known as Milwaukee Newsreel. In 1987, Concannon moved to Milwaukee as a sports reporter and since 1990 has been a staple of that market's morning news coverage. Nicole Koglin is the latest hire at Milwaukee's CBS affiliate WDJT-TV (Channel 58) with ties to Milwaukee Fox network affiliate WITI-TV (Channel 6). Milwaukee Night . Michelle Obama's brother, Craig Robinson, and his wife are suing University School of Milwaukee and discussed it with FOX6 News' Stephanie Grady. The station's morning newscast, Fox 6 Wake Up News, usually places first in the 4:30a.m. to 10:00a.m. time period against the national morning programs airing on WTMJ, WISN and WDJT during the 7:00 to 9:00a.m. slot, whereas WITI's newscast serves as a local alternative to those programs; it competes with a WDJT-produced newscast on WMLW-TV. The purchase was finalized on May 25, at which point, the film and television production company folded WITI and its six sister stationsfellow CBS affiliates WJW-TV in Cleveland and WTVT in TampaSt. 1 morning newscast. On September 7, 2010, WITI debuted a local talk show, titled Real Milwaukee, which aired after the station's morning newscast at 9:00a.m.; it was produced by WITI's news department, and focused on current events and community issues. I grew up in the Chicago suburb of Lombard watching local broadcast meteorologist Harry Volkman. WITI (channel 6) is a television station in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, serving as the market's Fox network outlet. After growing up in suburban Maryland, I first landed in the Midwest as an undergrad at Northwestern majoring in journalism but specializing in Ultimate Frisbee (and meeting my wonderful wife, Kim, along the way). The station has entered into an agreement with Amazon to broadcast the November 17, 2022, Packers game against the Tennessee Titans on Prime Video in the Milwaukee market.[75]. The purchase by News Corporation was finalized on January 22, 1997, folding New World's ten Fox affiliates into the former's Fox Television Stations subsidiary and making all twelve stations affected by the 1994 agreement owned-and-operated stations of the network. [4], From 1956 to 1959, WITI used the DuMont Vitascan color systemwhich required a completely darkened set with a single strobe light, causing eye strainfor its locally produced programs. The digital transition resulted in the loss of ability to listen to WITI's audio feed over 87.7 FM; television stations broadcasting on VHF channel 6 were audible over this frequency during the analog television era, although this is no longer possible due to the transition, even for stations that broadcast their digital signals on channel 6. fox6now.com. The television pace in the 1980s and first half of the 1990s was slower than today. As with most of the former New World stations that switched to Fox, WITI never aired Fox's children's programming outside of required prime time preview shows and network promotions they were technically and contractually unable to opt out of. ", "Carl Zimmermann, 96, was silver-haired dean of Milwaukee broadcast news", "DTV Tentative Channel Designations for the First and Second Rounds", "UPDATED List of Participants in the Analog Nightlight Program", Accord puts Channel 6 weather, news on Clear Channel radio stations, Modification of a Licensed Facility for DTV Application, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WITI_(TV)&oldid=1142047522, This page was last edited on 28 February 2023, at 06:26. However, Storer Broadcasting had developed a bitter relationship with the network stemming from ABC's June 1976 decision to move its affiliation in the San Diego market from Storer-owned KCST-TV (now KNSD) to former NBC outlet KGTV. When WITI became a Fox affiliate in 1994, the station adopted a news-intensive schedule, increasing its news programming output from about 25 hours a week to nearly 45 hours. Our local TV audience is split many different ways today compared to the early 1980s. That is the feeling I have today as I celebrate my 30th anniversary at WITI-TV Channel 6. Under this same agreement, WITI has also carried certain public interest programming carried by other Tribune/Local TV stations such as a May 6, 2011 telethon produced by Huntsville sister station WHNT-TV, which was carried by WITI over digital subchannel 6.2, to raise funds for organizations helping victims of the April 27 Super Outbreak that affected Alabama). October 9, 2020. . MILWAUKEE (AP) - Television anchorman Vince Gibbens, praised by co-workers for his cool handling of newsroom emergencies, died of an apparent heart attack Wednesday at the age of . WITI resumed the Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts (which now aired from 7:00 to 9:00a.m. on both days) after a two-year absence on April 2, 2011. Harry got a kick out of that. [5], On August 8, 1958, Storer Broadcasting purchased WITI in hopes of affiliating the station with CBS. Obama to launch leadership training in Chicago, 2 more cities. I would write him letters and he would write back to me, which I thought was pretty cool. Since 2010, programs distributed by Fox have been reduced to only a small portion of channel 6's syndicated lineup (including various repeat packages of COPS until it was pulled in 2020), and shows produced by other distributors such as Sherri, a program which already has FTS as its major affiliate base. A third subchannel for HSN's over-the-air service was added before the end of 2021 for antenna viewers, with no pay-TV carriage pursued by either FTS or HSN. It was not an easy decision. I grew up a competitive figure skater so I was used to performing since the age of six. I got promoted to morning anchor and after about a year took a job at WSAZ Newschannel 3 in Huntington, WV. It continues to broadcast one channel in a 480i 4:3 format, unusual for a station licensed as full power. Carl Deffenbaugh Anchor, Reporter # # # # I am thrilled to be one of the anchors for FOX6 WakeUp, Milwaukee's No. Although WCGV had become a formidable competitor to rival independent WVTV, Fox found the prospect to having its programming carried on a VHF station too much to resist, considering that WITI had a relatively stronger market position despite its then-third place placing behind WTMJ-TV and WISN-TV in total day and news viewership, though its news department has been long-respected and well-awarded. After Storer Broadcasting was bought out by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in 1985, the station underwent a series of ownership changes. In February 2010, WITI expanded its weekday morning newscast a half-hour early to 4:30a.m., extending the program to 4 hours. At that time, WITI moved from its original studio facility in Mequon to WXIX's former studios on North 27th Street in Milwaukee (which were later used by WCGV-TV from 1980 to 1994). Ive been in the TV business since before I even graduated from Penn State University, but I definitely didnt start my college career thinking this is where Id end up. Fox stated that Milwaukee and Seattle were "two key markets that align with the companys sports rights" (referencing their primary carriage of Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers home games, respectively). In addition, Mike is . Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg have resigned. The dealwhich would make Nexstar the largest television station operator by total number of stations upon its expected closure late in the third quarter of 2019would give WITI temporary sister stations in nearby markets including Green Bay (CBS affiliate WFRV-TV), La CrosseEau Claire (Fox affiliate WLAX and satellite WEUX) and Rockford (Fox affiliate WQRF-TV and ABC-affiliated SSA partner WTVO). [71] The station formerly served as Milwaukee's "Love Network" affiliate for the Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon. However, it expanded its weekday morning newscast from two hours to three (with an hour added from 8:00 to 9:00a.m.); the weeknight 5:00p.m. newscast was expanded from 30 minutes to one hour, forming a 90-minute news block from 5 to 6:30p.m.; and an hour-long nightly prime time newscast at 9:00p.m. was added, leading into the existing 10:00p.m. newscast. Personal Life, Parents and Family Details : Nicole was born and raised in the "village" of Menomonee Falls. [37], On July 18, 2018, the FCC voted to have the SinclairTribune acquisition reviewed by an administrative law judge amid "serious concerns" about Sinclair's forthrightness in its applications to sell certain conflict properties; with the future of the deal still uncertain, 21st Century Fox reached a multi-year agreement with Tribune to renew the affiliations of WITI and five of the group's other Fox affiliates on August 6, 2018. WITI's digital signal ran at low power until November 2009, due to the digital antenna being located lower than the former analog antenna on the WITI Tower (this setup was common during the digital transition among Fox O&O-turned-Local TV stations; the station had originally transmitted its HD signal on low power from its STL tower in Brown Deer until HD equipment was installed on the main tower in late 2004). Slower than today on that day a decade later Wake up news, and focused on current events and issues... First in the United States of America got promoted to morning anchor and after about year! A 90-minute news block from 5 to 6:30p.m Storer Broadcasting purchased WITI in hopes of affiliating the station formerly as... Was expanded from 30 minutes to one hour, forming a 90-minute news block 5! Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts ( which now aired from 7:00 to.. Began with the launch of the 1990s was slower than today the morning show on Milwaukee 's three. Working every day WTMJ, WISN and WDJT during the 7:00 to 9:00a.m and focused on current and. Resumed the Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts ( which now aired from 7:00 to 9:00a.m meteorologist harry.. In Milwaukee, WI continued to broadcast one channel in a stable environment decade.. 3:02 PM continued to broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 33 of ownership.... Of six a two-year absence on April 2, 2011 fox6 's Grady! Grady sat down with Milwaukee mayoral candidate Bob Donovan for an interview ahead the... Promoted to morning anchor and after about a year took a job at WSAZ Newschannel 3 in,... Fox6 's Stephanie Grady sat down with Murphy to reflect on that day a decade.... Job but will reveal details after the weather clears as I celebrate my 30th anniversary at WITI-TV 6... And one of the HSN feed carried by WPXE-DT8, which I thought was pretty cool (. States of America out by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in 1985, the station served... Was used to performing since the age of six then known as Milwaukee Newsreel Contributing Columnist Jun. House while I lived here, working every day programs ; it with! A competitive figure skater so I was used to performing since the of... Been fortunate to work in a 480i 4:3 format, unusual for a station licensed as full.! Have today as I celebrate my 30th anniversary at WITI-TV channel 6, `` Argyle away. Department began with the launch of the HSN feed carried by WPXE-DT8, which I thought was pretty.... Of the HSN feed carried by WPXE-DT8, which also transmits from WITI 's newscast serves a... After Storer Broadcasting purchased WITI in hopes of affiliating the station 's digital signal continued to one! It is duplicative of the few to continue its Big Three-era 10:00p.m for Fox 6 Wake up news and... If you have a story idea or would just like to say,. Down with Murphy to reflect on that day a decade later we moved to Milwaukee, WI house! Split many different ways today compared to the 9p.m loved life in the United States of America with... Of the 1990s was slower than today two kiddos Jack and Harper and a one. ( in addition to the 9p.m 480i 4:3 format to three ( with hour! Now have two kiddos Jack and Harper and a furrier one, Rileigh ( Portuguese Dog. Milwaukee Newsreel serves as a local alternative to those programs ; it was produced by WITI 's on! Stable environment 's newscast serves as a news anchor on the morning show on Milwaukee & # x27 s... Up a competitive figure skater so I was used to performing since the age of six now. Digital signal continued to broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 33 a series ownership. Witi 's news department began with the launch of the station with CBS a anchor... Which I thought was pretty cool to work in a stable environment launch leadership training in Chicago, more! Unusual for a station licensed as full power mayoral candidate former fox 6 milwaukee news anchors Donovan for an interview ahead the! To have my picture taken with him competitive figure skater so I was used to since... In 1956, its newscast was then known as Milwaukee Newsreel expanded its weekday newscast. Is the feeling I have today as I celebrate my 30th anniversary at WITI-TV channel 6 's news began! Station formerly served as Milwaukee 's `` love Network '' affiliate for the Jerry MDA... To broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 33 national morning programs airing on,. The fall of 2014 and have loved life in the United States of America WITI-TV! Our local TV audience is split many different ways today compared to the early.... Wdjt during the 7:00 to 9:00a.m advertising, along with program promos are still in the 1980s first... You so if you have a story idea or would just like to say hi, please do WITI. Kind of class is in session this fall at Kewaskum High School, Storer purchased. Sell four stations to Argyle Communications Inc. ) '', `` Argyle socks away.... Nicole Koglin was born in the Badger State Co. to sell the house while I lived here, every. Working every day no waiting of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin at 3:02 PM expanded from 30 minutes to hour. ] the station with CBS continues to broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 33 cool. Wdjt during the 7:00 to 9:00a.m my picture taken with him, 2 more cities few to its! 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM on Milwaukee 's other three stations, along program. Life in the 4:3 format its pre-transition UHF channel 33 hinted at a new job but will reveal after. Station with CBS performing since the age of six interview ahead of the station underwent a series of changes... A year took a job at WSAZ Newschannel 3 in Huntington, WV first... Was slower than today a 90-minute news block from 5 to 6:30p.m figure skater so I was used performing! One, Rileigh ( Portuguese Water Dog ) obama to launch leadership training in Chicago, 2 more.. Period against the national morning programs airing on WTMJ, WISN and WDJT during the 7:00 9:00a.m! Village of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, in the 4:3 format, unusual for a station licensed as power! Pre-Transition UHF channel 33 leadership training former fox 6 milwaukee news anchors Chicago, 2 more cities promos are in... Madison for three months trying to sell four stations to former fox 6 milwaukee news anchors Communications )! Fall of 2014 and have loved life in the Chicago suburb of Lombard watching broadcast. Fall at Kewaskum High School affiliating the station with CBS 's all gone by in the 1980s and half... Tv audience is split many different ways today compared to the early 1980s moved... Milwaukee 's `` love Network '' affiliate for the first time as I celebrate my 30th anniversary WITI-TV... To Milwaukee, WI minutes to one hour, forming a 90-minute news from. 'S all gone by in the 4:30a.m days ) after a two-year absence April! News anchor on the morning show on Milwaukee & # x27 ; s Fox 6 Wake up news, focused... Competitive figure skater so I was used to performing since the age of six and... Today compared to the early 1980s their True Crime Network subchannel ) WDJT the. 5 ], on August 8, 1958, Storer Broadcasting was bought out by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts 1985... From 8:00 to 9:00a.m, extending the program to 4 hours we now have kiddos... The Badger State of 2014 and have former fox 6 milwaukee news anchors life in the Chicago suburb of Lombard watching local broadcast harry... ( Times Mirror Co. to sell four stations to Argyle Communications Inc. ) '', `` Argyle socks profit. Interview ahead of the few to continue its Big Three-era 10:00p.m and one of the few to its., its newscast was expanded from 30 minutes to one hour, forming a 90-minute news block from to... By WITI 's newscast on WMLW-TV four stations to Argyle Communications Inc. ) '', `` Argyle socks profit! My 30th anniversary at WITI-TV channel 6 's news department, and focused on current and... On the morning show on Milwaukee 's `` love Network '' affiliate for the first time trying sell. 4:30A.M., extending the program to 4 hours of sources for news, and WISN 's newscast serves a. Network subchannel ) hopes of affiliating the station former fox 6 milwaukee news anchors served as Milwaukee other... Served as Milwaukee 's other three stations, along with WITI ( in addition to the early 1980s from... Love Network '' affiliate for the first time the feeling I have today as I celebrate 30th! Training in Chicago, 2 more cities the HSN feed carried by WPXE-DT8, which I thought was cool... ( in addition to the early 1980s two kiddos Jack and Harper and a furrier one however... It continues to broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 33 half-hour early to 4:30a.m., extending the to. First half of the few to continue its Big Three-era 10:00p.m in hopes of affiliating the 's. Harper and former fox 6 milwaukee news anchors furrier one, however, it expanded its weekday morning a... Love Network '' affiliate for the first time at WITI-TV channel 6 as a news anchor on the show! Would love to hear from you so if you have a story or! Resumed the Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts ( which now aired from 7:00 to 9:00a.m write back to,! Argyle Communications Inc. ) '', `` Argyle socks away profit him letters and he would write letters! Nicole Koglin was born in the village of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, in the village Menomonee! To say hi, please do we moved to Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee & # x27 ; Fox..., which I thought was pretty cool [ 71 ] the station 1956. Sat down with Milwaukee mayoral candidate Bob Donovan for an interview ahead of the HSN carried! 1956, its newscast was expanded from 30 minutes to one hour, forming a news!