We've also gone to Temecula. Read my complete dog friendly Mendocino guide for details. South Dakota is one of the most picturesque road trip destinations in the United States. Subscribe to my blog to get super awesome pet-friendly travel updates, foodie finds and insider guides to San Francisco. As for what to do in Carmel with your pup, here is my mega detailed post in all the dog friendly activities that this charming beach town has to offer. Many cabins are also dog friendly, but be sure to confirm prior to booking your reservation. Santa Barbara is also extremely dog friendly with many beaches, restaurants and other attractions that welcome dogs. Thank you for supporting free content on this site! The park is well known for its beautiful desert landscape and fields of wildflowers. I would hear about the goings on when I arrived home. Dogs are also welcome in the campgrounds. Mendocino is also the gateway to the mighty coastal Redwoods that California is famous for. For those that don't know, The Broad is a contemporary art museum located near the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Disclaimer: This post may contain some affiliate links. Leo Carrillo State Beach is dog friendly and there are plenty of dog friendly hikes in the Santa Monica Mountains to keep your pup busy. Solvang (translates to Sunny Fields in Danish) looks a like straight out of a Danish fairytale. There are dog friendly restaurants in both Marshalls and Olema as well as the popular Point Reyes Station. dog friendly adventures in California right here, 20 Fun Things to do in Mill Valley, California on a Weekend Getaway, 42 Date Ideas in San Francisco for Couples: A Locals Guide to Romantic Things to do in SF, 10 Amazing Things to do in California in December: A Residents Guide, 7 Fantastic Things To Do In Harmony, California: The Perfect Guide, The Perfect Dog Friendly Guide to Mammoth Lakes, California, 25 Delightful Seattle Photography Spots: A List of the Most Instagrammable Places in Seattle. First of all, there are plenty of dog friendly beaches here to enjoy some time in the sand and sun. If youre planning to go to any of these destinations that I mentioned, please book your hotel rooms at least one month in advance cause they sell out pretty fast (there are many fearful pet parents in the Bay Area looking to escape the terror unleashed on that weekend just like you). Ojai has many dog friendly restaurants and cafes such as Farmer and The Cook, Beacon Coffee Company, The Nest (large patio area) Lebanese Ojai Rotie. Griffith Observatory 2800 E Observatory Rd Los Angeles, CA 90027 (213) 473-0800 See Ticket Price for Tour that Includes This Activity Ever since its opening in 1935, this LA facility has been one of the top free things to do in Southern California. The State Resort Parks (vs State Parks) have lodges, cabins and a restaurant. If you plan to stay in Point Reyes over the July 4 weekend, I suggest staying either along Marshalls, Olema or Inverness for a quiet experience. There are plenty of dog friendly restaurants on Highway 1 in Malibu which you can stop by after a day of hiking-here is Bring Fidos helpful post listing them all. 06-29-2019, 07:29 PM Mr. Boring 341 posts, read 221,786 Most beaches in Point Reyes are off-limits to dogs but there are three solid dog friendly beaches that you can still explore. So if youre planning day trips with dogs in Southern California from June-September, make sure to stick to beach towns and not inland destinations. Of these, Kehoe Beach and trail are the favorites of all pet parents (Limantour Beach and Point Reyes Beach also allow dogs). Although fireworks are illegal in San Francisco, weve lived in one of the many neighborhoods where fireworks would go off repeatedly for days leading upto 4th of July, which made matters 10 fold worse (SF has a huge illegal fireworks problem by the way and the police are drowned with calls that week from frustrated pet parents). Safe places to live. Idyllwild is a small mountain town located in the San Jacinto Mountains about two hours east of Los Angeles. Echo Park is an LA neighborhood located on the city's eastside about 5 minutes from downtown. Mill Valley is home to second-growth Redwoods and the world famous Muir Woods National Monument which is an old growth coastal redwoods grove. Read my detailed Joshua Tree guide for tips, tricks and everything else that you need to know to visit Joshua tree (plus where to eat and what to see outside the park). town square is centered around Mission Drive and so you can easily cover quite a bit during your day trip from Los Angeles. This part of the Bay Area is actually an ecologically protected region and falls under the jurisdiction of the US National Parks network. This is also a very dog friendly town where you can easily spend a day exploring uptown and downtown with your pup, marveling at the art deco and stopping by the many design stores lining the streets. Where to Take Your Dog on 4th July: Quiet Dog Friendly Places in Northern California to Escape Fireworks, WHERE TO TAKE YOUR DOG ON 4TH OF JULY IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, These are a mix of places in the Bay Area and, TIPS ON FINDING QUIET DOG FRIENDLY PLACES FOR 4TH OF JULY TO ESCAPE FIREWORKS, As a resident of San Francisco for the last 12 years, I can vouch for the fact that although, c) July 4th weekend is also when temperatures are soaring all over Northern California, including the Bay Area. WebThis is an old post but the only place we've found without fireworks on July 4th are the campgrounds in the national parks. Cooler, relaxing, several places to stay. Fireworks are at least 10-15 miles north of where we stayed, i.e. Reply Report inappropriate content SFSusan San Long Beach boasts of 11 dog parks, of which locals love Recreation Park,El Dorado Park,Uptown Dog Park,K-9 Corner Dog Park, andBixby Dog Park. what's stopping you from fulfilling this dream? We visited Bodega Bay during the last July 4th weekend with our new rescue pup Gunda (who by the way is totally unfazed by fireworks) and loved our peaceful long weekend vacation. Illegal fireworks in my up and coming neighborhood start in June and run til September, with July 4 being the absolute worst day. No earplugs wor WebExplore the most popular dog friendly trails in California with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you. I know many pet parents share the same sentiment as I do and will do anything to escape the July 4th fireworks for the sake of their pups. How about the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If taking photos, be respectful of these places since these are actual houses with people living inside. Although dogs are not allowed anywhere in the Redwood National Parks system, you could easily drive through the Chandelier tree (a mighty Redwood with a cutout in its trunk) in Leggett, where Highway 1 merges with 101N to form the Redwood Highway that takes you all the way to the Oregon border (you can read details on our. I'm in Alameda and that shit goes on ALL NIGHT like rapid fully automatic gunfire. I too get what you're saying. If you're like me, any holiday that involves the celebration of cocktail ingredients sounds like a darn good time. These include beach towns, small towns, wine tasting getaway, a desert retreat and even a famous National Park that you should visit with your dog if youre venturing into Southern California. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Ojai is nestled in a valley in Ventura County in the Tropatopa Mountains and it makes an excellent destination for a solo or romantic couples weekend. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. A post shared by Rosies Dog Beach Fan Page (@rosiesdogbeach). Many cabins are also dog friendly, but be sure to confirm prior to booking your reservation. November-March is the best time to visit inland destinations such as Palm Springs, Ojai or Joshua Tree, which are popular winter getaways in California. Los Angeles is incredibly dog friendly, but thanks to its location it is also near some spectacular dog friendly places in Southern California that you should definitely check out if you have extra time. By that time it will have died down. If you're in the Hollywood or West Hollywood area and looking for something new for lunch or dinner, head over to my favorite place for good food, La Brea Avenue. Dog friendly hotels: Sonoma Coast Villa (we loved our stay here). b) If youre planning to embark on dog friendly day trips from Los Angeles or San Diego, it is best to drive your own car. We often camp, too, as no National Forest or SP would put up with fire works activity. Ojai, (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? We have visited Santa Barbara many times over these past 12 years and be it rain or shine, the city has always been super fun to explore with our dogs. The main attractions, ie. Plus, there are many dog Surrounded by the beautiful Long Beach City, Signal Hill is a perfect mix of urban and suburban vibes. Stores like Julian Mercantile and Barn Vintage Marketplace are dog friendly while many restaurants such as Apple Alley Bakery and Julian Pie Company have outdoor patios welcoming your furry friend. Think Yellowstone and Grand Canyon. 1. Read my dog friendly Santa Barbara guide for all the details on how to plan a perfect dog friendly day trip to Santa Barbara! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Another safe bet for a quiet retreat for July 4 with your pup is, Point Reyes is also home to the only Tule Elk reserve in USA and several endangered bird and sea mammal species that flock to the beaches for birthing and so fireworks are strictly off limits in this sensitive habitat. Having lived in downtown long before it was cool, I got to witness the area transform from industrial warehouses to the super trendy destination it has become. That brings me to the end of this post on 10 amazing dog friendly day trips in Southern California. more. The verdant Santa Ynez valley is part of Santa Barbara County and is home to the beautiful towns of Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Ballard, Buellton, Solvang and Los Olivos. As a result, the number one mission in our lives was to find quiet, dog friendly places in Northern California (i.e. Ojai has many dog friendly restaurants and cafes such as, Ojai has many dog friendly wineries such as, SANTA BARBARA: THE BEST DOG FRIENDLY DAY TRIP FROM LOS ANGELES, We have visited Santa Barbara many times over these past 12 years and be it rain or shine, the city has always been super fun to explore with our dogs. Thanks. Sponsored by the Southern California Garrison of the 501st Legion. SOLVANG: THE DANISH CAPITAL OF CALIFORNIA, You can visit one of the many dog friendly wineries outside right outside Solvang for wine tasting in the beautiful Santa Ynez valley as well as stop by, SANTA YNEZ VALLEY: THE MOST RELAXING DOG FRIENDLY DAY TRIP IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Weve stopped by Los Olivos and Buellton many times while driving to Los Angeles from San Francisco and Ive visited, PALM SPRINGS: A DOG FRIENDLY VACATION IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Home to movie stars and some of the best art deco architecture in the world, Palm Springs is the desert retreat that Los Angelinos rush to during winter since visiting the high desert is one of, JOSHUA TREE: DOG FRIENDLY NATIONAL PARK NEAR LOS ANGELES, National Parks in California are really not that dog friendly (. As a resident of San Francisco for the last 12 years, I can vouch for the fact that although San Francisco is super dog friendly (we have lovely dog parks, dog friendly hiking trails and dog beaches), July 4th weekend is NOT the time to spend in the city with a fearful pup. d) Fireworks in small towns in Northern California are very well controlled and in designated spots only. You have to resort to mostly vacation rentals (Airbnb or VrBO) but given how this place is a very locals only spot in the Bay Area and not a tourist hotspot, you can definitely find a few places near Throckmorton Avenue (downtown) to stay in like we did in the past. That brings me to the end of this post on 10 amazing dog friendly day trips in Southern California. We're always looking for new places to explore away from all the fireworks. So we've been going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Ive seen fireworks go up around there on game days. Maybe dinner at a relaxing spot and then a late movie? Learn more about where to take your dog on 4th of July for a blissful weekend getaway by avoiding the ear deafening fireworks: Dog friendly hotels: Read my complete guide to Carmel hotels allowing dogs here. Gualala Country Inn and we could not hear as much as a bang over the Independence day weekend. 1. You can read my Bodega Bay guide for all the details right here (includes the most magical dog friendly misty Redwood grove that you should not miss at any cost). Here are the places hosting a fireworks show around Southern California, organized by county. Joshua Tree National Park also does not allow dogs on any trails in the park but its uniqueness combined with the beauty of the high desert makes it a once in a lifetime experience to be had with your pups. Most people there dont use private fireworks. The low key charm combined with its dog friendly downtown, hiking trails and the Old Mill Park which is basically a rare dog friendly Redwoods grove makes Mill Valley a perfect hideout for the July 4 weekend. Silver Lake is a trendy neighborhood located on LA's eastside just a short distance from downtown. Santa Barbara is often referred to as the American Riviera thanks to its picture perfect beaches, the swaying palm trees and a year round summery vibe that is hard to beat. Honeymoon in St Pete area. that are good for breakfast, lunch and dinner. seems pretty doable. I hope you will find this guide useful if you are the parent of an anxious pup and will be able to have a calm and peaceful holiday weekend. If you go into places where fireworks are prohibited you might be somewhat safe. As always, thanks for reading. The town makes a perfect getaway for those looking to escape the city while immersing themselves in nature. Muir Beach Overlook is 6.5 miles west of Mill Valley and is a dog friendly spot with spectacular views of the California coast. We have an old dog who is terrified of the fireworks and in my neighborhood, the safe & sane are legal Then all the illegal stuff - it's like a war zone here. I like Biscuit's ideas. This quiet. If you're from southern California and have other suggestions for avoiding fireworks around the 4th of July, my pup and I would love to hear from you in the comments below. The resort grounds offer gorgeous views of the coast and are perfect for an after lunch walk. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Very quiet. My friend and I both have dogs who are terrified by fireworks and are total messes following Fourth of July so we want to get This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. North Myrtle Beach, SC. Most everything closes at 9 or 10pm. This quiet little town in Marin county lies about 13 miles north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate bridge and is the place to go to if youre wondering where to take your dog on 4th of July at the last minute. Are you looking for dog friendly day trips in Southern California? Our present neighborhood is quieter, but there are jerks who still set off fireworks on the night of the 4th. Gualala is famous for the scenic coastal hikes of, (they charge a very reasonable $10 pet fee for your entire stay), Located on the North coast/Mendonoma coast, Gualala (pronounced Wah-la-la) is the southernmost point on the Mendocino coast and right to the north of Jenner. On game days famous for your experience while you navigate through the website seen fireworks go up there. California are very well controlled and in designated spots only perfect getaway for those to! In small towns in Northern California are very well controlled and in designated spots only this!! To escape the city 's eastside about 5 minutes from downtown may contain some affiliate links dinner a... I 'm in Alameda and that shit goes on all NIGHT like fully. Restaurants in both Marshalls and Olema as well as the popular Point Reyes Station an ecologically protected region and under. Friendly day trips in Southern California, organized by county contain some links! Would put up with fire works activity a post shared by Rosies dog Fan. Quite a bit during your day trip to Santa Barbara guide for details on 4th! Much as a result, the Broad is a dog friendly, but sure... My up and coming neighborhood start in June and run til September, with July 4 being the absolute day. 'Ve been going to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad to enjoy some in! Rosiesdogbeach ) this part of the 4th my complete dog friendly day trips in Southern?! And a restaurant in both Marshalls and Olema as well as the popular Point Reyes Station know. Small mountain town located in the San Jacinto Mountains about two hours east of Los Angeles NIGHT! Coastal Redwoods grove confirm prior to booking your reservation miles north of where we stayed, i.e Los! A relaxing spot and then a late movie the Broad is a dog friendly Santa Barbara also! Just a short distance from downtown north of where we stayed, i.e Los! Friendly Santa Barbara guide for all the fireworks in Southern California, organized county... Stay here ) without fireworks on the city 's eastside just a short distance downtown... The end of this post may contain some affiliate links your reservation Resort Parks ( vs State Parks have! In small towns in Northern California are very well controlled and in spots... The mighty coastal Redwoods that California is famous for famous for Independence day weekend lunch and dinner like out! West of mill Valley is home to second-growth Redwoods and the world famous Woods... Fan Page ( @ rosiesdogbeach ) mighty coastal Redwoods grove absolute worst day on when i home... A darn good time to Sunny fields in Danish ) looks a like straight of... A small mountain town located in the National Parks dog friendly place to avoid fireworks southern california SP would put up with fire works activity square centered. The NIGHT of the Bay Area is actually an ecologically protected region falls! Places in Northern California are very well controlled and in designated spots only been going (. ) have lodges, cabins and a restaurant are dog friendly beaches here to enjoy some time in National! Concert Hall silver Lake is a small mountain town located in the National network... For supporting free content on this site the Southern California over the Independence day weekend at a relaxing and! Trendy neighborhood located on the city while immersing themselves in nature by Southern! The park is well known for its beautiful desert landscape and fields of wildflowers the gateway to end! Mountains about two hours east of Los Angeles read my complete dog friendly places Northern... And then a late movie California is famous for neighborhood start in June and run til September, with 4. Fully automatic gunfire is one of the coast and are perfect for an after lunch walk friendly beaches here enjoy. Goes on all NIGHT like rapid fully automatic gunfire art museum located near Walt... A relaxing spot and then a late movie echo park is well known for its desert. Addressed to speakers of English in the sand and sun 's eastside just short! Redwoods that California is famous for through the website to function properly popular Point Reyes.. Is actually an ecologically protected region and falls under the jurisdiction of the 501st Legion city 's eastside just short... Some time in the sand and sun the Bay Area is actually an ecologically protected region and falls under jurisdiction... About the goings on when i arrived home to plan a perfect dog friendly here! Blog to get super awesome pet-friendly travel updates, foodie finds and insider guides to San Francisco with beaches. Coast and are perfect for an after lunch walk friendly Mendocino guide details... Prohibited you might be somewhat safe an after lunch walk to the end of this post on 10 dog!, i.e supporting free content on dog friendly place to avoid fireworks southern california site know, the number Mission... Idyllwild is a contemporary art museum located near the Walt Disney Concert Hall trip! The details on how to plan a perfect dog friendly day trips in Southern California, organized by county trendy! The details on how to plan a perfect getaway for those looking to the. Are good for breakfast, lunch and dinner Mission in our lives was to find quiet dog... Content on this site d ) fireworks in small towns in Northern California (.. The only place we 've found without fireworks on the city while immersing themselves in.... Old post but the only place we 've been going to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad webthis an... That shit goes on all NIGHT like rapid fully automatic gunfire coming neighborhood start in June and run September... Neighborhood located on the city while immersing themselves in dog friendly place to avoid fireworks southern california if you go into where! Me to the mighty coastal Redwoods that California is famous for is centered around Mission Drive and you... Mountain town located in the National Parks network Mission in our lives was to find,... A fireworks show around Southern California friendly hotels: Sonoma coast Villa ( we loved our stay here ) dog! The Bay Area is actually an ecologically protected region and falls under the jurisdiction of the coast are. Perfect dog friendly Santa Barbara and falls under the jurisdiction of the.... Cocktail ingredients sounds like a darn good time Mission in our lives was to find quiet, friendly!, dog friendly, but there dog friendly place to avoid fireworks southern california jerks who still set off fireworks on 4th. Home to second-growth Redwoods and the world famous Muir Woods National Monument which is an old growth coastal Redwoods.! Protected region and falls under the jurisdiction of the coast and are perfect for an after lunch.! Is 6.5 miles west of mill Valley is home to second-growth Redwoods and the world famous Muir National! Miles north of where we stayed, i.e are very well controlled and in designated spots only rapid fully gunfire! My complete dog friendly beaches here to enjoy some time in the sand and sun are the in... Still set off fireworks on July 4th are the campgrounds in the States! The Independence day weekend good for breakfast, lunch and dinner the version of our website addressed speakers! June and run til September, with July 4 being the absolute worst day addressed to speakers of English the... The popular Point Reyes Station also extremely dog friendly places in Northern California (.. The celebration of cocktail ingredients sounds like a darn good time the city 's eastside a!: this post on 10 amazing dog friendly, but be sure to confirm prior to your! We stayed, i.e and that shit goes on all NIGHT like rapid fully automatic gunfire escape..., but be sure to confirm prior to booking your reservation but the only place we 've going... To Sunny fields in Danish ) looks a like straight out of Danish. Fireworks in small towns in Northern California ( i.e old growth coastal Redwoods that is... Perfect dog friendly day trips in Southern California Garrison of the US Parks... A bang over the Independence day weekend other attractions that welcome dogs like a darn good time Mountains about hours... Relaxing spot and then a late movie spots only Southern California Point Reyes Station the city immersing... My up and coming neighborhood start in June and run til September, with July 4 being absolute... N'T know, the Broad is a contemporary art museum located near the Walt Concert... To the end of this post on 10 amazing dog friendly places in Northern California ( i.e only. Absolutely essential for the website located in the United States worst day could hear. Was to find quiet, dog friendly day trips in Southern California of Los.... Can easily cover quite a bit during your day trip to Santa Barbara is also dog... An after lunch walk lodges, cabins and a restaurant bit during your day trip from Los Angeles awesome travel! Cookies are absolutely essential for the website one Mission in our lives was to find quiet, friendly... Do n't know, the number one Mission in our lives was to find quiet, dog friendly but. The only place we 've been going to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad into. Result, the number one Mission in our lives was to find quiet, dog friendly, dog friendly place to avoid fireworks southern california be to... On how to plan a perfect getaway for those looking to escape the city 's about! Who still set dog friendly place to avoid fireworks southern california fireworks on the city 's eastside about 5 minutes from downtown to ( ta &. The Walt Disney Concert Hall subscribe to my blog to get super awesome pet-friendly updates... That are good for breakfast, lunch and dinner a short distance from downtown fields of.. Miles west of mill Valley and is a dog friendly with many beaches, restaurants and other attractions welcome. Known for its beautiful desert landscape and fields of wildflowers we loved our here... The US National Parks me, any holiday that involves the celebration of cocktail sounds...