$11.49. 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews Water 2 cloves garlic 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast 1 teaspoon sea salt Instructions Place cashews in a bowl or jar (I like using a wide-mouth quart mason jar) and cover with water. Thank you for this recipe! Using a spoon, scrape out any seeds and loose strings of flesh. Thanks for the recipe. Yield: 1 heaping cup of sauce (enough for about 4 servings) Ingredients: Pasta, of your choice (I used brown rice shells) 1/3 heaping cup raw cashews 1 garlic clove 3 tbsp nutritional yeast 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk 1 tbsp lemon juice Then its ready to serve! I have no problem with you using canned pumpkin but I just wanted to let you know the reason you had such a high moisture content from the one you used is because that was not a cooking pumpkin. Arrowroot powder adds thickness and helps the sauce get a bit stringy like real cheese! At the end I added some extra dried basil and oregano to the blender as well. We love your additions and are so glad you enjoyed it! I love a good creamy sauce for my pasta and love that this is made from cashews! Make The Recipe GF VG V DF NS Fire-Roasted Tomato & Mung Bean Soup Easy, 10-ingredient vegetable soup with fire-roasted tomatoes, tons of vegetables, and detoxifying mung beans! Super flavorful, comforting, and easy. The butternut will be sweeter than the pumpkin so you might add a little extra spice or salt so it doesnt overwhelm. Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Kale and Pasta. I hardly noticed a difference and love it! Hi Early Bird, Im so glad everyone liked the Alfredo. Has anyone tried making this with soy milk or almond milk? I have to try this soon and I definitely need to make a note to pick up nutritional yeast. Xo, Very tasty and an easy bit satisfying week night meal. Made this for dinner yesterday night and it was absolutely scrumptious! Ready in five minutes in your blender or food processor, serve over pasta or zoodles. I subbed thinly sliced steamed cabbage for the noodles cause MAN did I eat a lot of carbs the day before, and it was delicious. Making the sauce earlier saves even more time. I made this recipe as is before, but being lactose intolerant I figured I would try and save on a little GI upset. I love the idea of adding vegetables to this dish. This is seriously making my mouth water just reading it. I have 300+ cookie recipes and counting. This is a simple weeknight meal you can make in 10 minutes or less! Kate, you never let me down. Dana youve outdone yourself. I love incorporating pumpkin into recipes. This sounds amazing!! Thats fine, I made it with sweet potato puree last week (just popped 2 in the microwave for 8min) and it turned out amazing. My go to blog for easy and delicious recipes. ▸ Categories egg free, fall, main dishes, nut free, recipes, soy free, tomato free ▸ Ingredients goat cheese, parmesan, pasta, pumpkin, rosemary, Vegetable enthusiast. Then, add some of the Alfredo 2.0 onto the pasta, toss with the mushrooms, and add a few grinds of black pepper. The puree has a perfect compactness and not a bit of that irritating watery-stuff. Yes, I think so! cashew alfredo, cashew parmesan and/or fresh parsley for serving (see notes) Directions: Preheat the oven to 425F then line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Leave a comment below and share a picture on. Great way to sneak veggies into peoples stomachs. Could I substitute Almond Milk for the 2 cups of Low-Fat Milk? Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. They are the simplest pancakes by far, with only three ingredients at the core: mashed banana, eggs and whole-grain flour (you have several flour options here). Affiliate details . Cashew Alfredo Sauce Recipe 1 Cup Cashew Milk 1-3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed Salt & Pepper, to taste 1-2 Cups Grated Cheese or a dairy free/vegan alternative Make homemade cashew milk, if using, or measure out a cup of cashew milk for use in the recipe. Soooo good and so easy! I bought the biggest, juiciest, most delicious organic honeycrisp apple the other day. I actually added a lot of starchy cooking water to the sauce in this recipe and still it turned very thick and gluggy. I made it almost exactly as written, only I added a little (1/4 cup) parmesan right at the end and also sprinkled it on top. Think next time, will throw in some broccoli crowns and make the pasta a rotini or shell. Love that yours has rosemary and goat cheese. I love most things pumpkin and especially adore it when its paired with some carby goodness. We like adding the noodles to the sauce in step 4. I really love it. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Very easy to do. The end result will be sweeter, so you might want to go a little heavier on the spices and salt to cut that. I served to my best friend and husband who loved it, both couldnt believe it was (nearly vegan) and had no cream or butter. Would I be able to make the sauce with roasted cashews? Had some home grown pumpkin puree in the freezer and I was glad to use it in a main dish this time. All rights reserved. Itll be lovely with chicken too. I happened to have most ingredients on hand only sub was almond milk vs cows. I love how creamy and rich it tastes without being loaded with butter and cream. Thanks so much for sharing! It means a lot. I added a bit of extra garlic and doubled the red pepper, and it turned out fantastic! Glad to say this was not the case! 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash (see note) 2 tablespoons mellow white miso 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional) 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice For the rest: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced 3 cloves garlic, minced As for pumpkin puree, I made it from scratch (and saved and toasted the seeds) just once many years ago and quickly relegated that idea to the not-worth-it pile. Fettuccine tossed with a creamy and comforting, alfredo-like pumpkin sauce, rosemary, Parmesan and spices. Delicious. Even my husband who doesnt favor pasta dishes raved about it. (Page 154) Nothing too fancy. Its so good and packed with so much vitamin A! 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours if you do not have a high-powered blender* cup water 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more if needed 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar Heaping teaspoon fine sea salt teaspoon Dijon mustard Instructions If you soaked your cashews, drain and rinse them until the water runs clear. Set aside. Thanks for this, I will definitely make it again. Came out absolutely delicious! No, no texts from Prince Charming yet. I cant even count all the ways I love this pasta dish its perfection! Although my Italian boyfriend prefers tomato sauce for pasta, I usually ask him to make creamy pasta xD I thought it tasted a lot better than classic Alfredo sauce, which is okay for the first few bites but then starts to taste too stodgy and heavy. Lego 70815 - Der TOP-Favorit unserer Produkttester. If you are searching for Free Bread Maker Recipes up to date you've reached the . If you try this recipe, let us know by leaving a comment and/or rating, and dont forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Place the cashews in a bowl or mason jar. Super yummy and so so easy! I made it with cream cheese because Im a chicken about eating goat cheese :) maybe Ill woman up and try it with this recipe sometime! How did you cook the canned pumpkin? Thanks, Julie! 10/10. Thanks for all your awesome recipes! Thanks so much for sharing! Im all for creating your own roasted pumpkin and squash but I see what you mean for baking, besides I need something to be easy. It is a little grainy but thats okay. Very nice. Hi Jazmin, Im glad you and your baby loved the sauce. pasta (GF or regular I like Trader Joes GF fusilli), Soak cashews in very hot water for 20 minutes. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Enjoy with zucchini noodles or your favorite pasta. Other than adding in a few pinches of crumbled sage (because sage + pumpkin = another level of deliciousness) and omitting the cinnamon I followed the recipe exactly. Pumpkin and goat cheese custard with candied rosemary hazelnuts. Thank you so much for continuously knocking it out of the park with your recipes! Then drain and add to a. Ive stockpiled pumpkin puree for the season so I will be making this again! It was just as good as it was the first night. If I have to go back to store I will for the DF options. Next time Ill add some mushrooms, peas, and or asparagus. Itll keep for up to 4 days. 1 package of spinach and ricotta ravioli. I served it over air-fried cauliflower gnocchi & edamame. We had it over steamed rice and veggies and it elevated the simple fare considerably. I am going to use this Alfredo sauce in my creamed leeks recipe that I make every year but needed it to be vegan for my Friendsgiving this weekend. Cauliflower Cashew Alfredo total time 25 mins the ingredients 1 Box Banza Chickpea Pasta 5 Cups Cut Up Cauliflower 1 Cup Raw Cashews 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast 1/2 Cup Almond Milk Juice 1 Lemon 1 tsp Garlic Powder 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt instructions Steam cauliflower and cashews together until both are soft (5-10 minutes) Maybe scale back on the amount of almond milk next time? Come visit! Sorry to hear it was too much garlic for you! The base of this alfredo is quick-soaked cashews in very hot water so they soften quickly. Ingredients 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews 1 cups water 1 cup unsweetened almond milk cup water, or as needed 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more to taste 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste 1 teaspoon ground black pepper Directions No one knew it was vegan until I told them. If you want your sauce a little thinner, add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time. I often add cinnamon and hemp or flaxseeds, but even then, they require fewer ingredients than the rest. :). Hello! Was very yummy, thank you! But I roasted the butternut squash first so it was extra sweet I suppose. 1 cup cashews, raw and unsalted tbsp lemon juice 2 cloves garlic, more if desired cup water tsp thyme, dried 1 tsp nutritional yeast, optional tsp sea salt Instructions Place all the ingredients into your blender (See #2 recipe note for ideas for other cool add-ins). Thank you, Christi! Instructions. Wow this was so good! Either way, great recipe! Will play around with the leftovers to see if I can make it a winner. (1) Soak 1 cup raw cashews in room temperature water for 2 hours. My husband likes it thinner as well. This was so delicious!! Blend in a blender or with an immersion blender until the sauce is thick and completely smooth. Im not entirely convinced it was. This was sooo delicious!! I have been on such a pumpkin kick lately! Im relatively new to the cooking world and am planning to make this for friends tomorrow night. Very good to know about the homemade pumpkin puree. I boil the two together, strain them, and then add to my vitamix. This looks amazing! {and I agree with you about the whole pumpkin debate} Thanks for the yummy sauce! How to make vegan alfredo pasta To make the recipe, start by gathering all of your ingredients. Were so glad you enjoy this one! Im experiencing stomach issues and am not able to eat cashews. Thank you for a great, easy Fall recipe! I mean, it's in the name! In terms of flavor, pumpkin pure really doesnt have much of itwhether canned or homemade, its not that great until you spice it up and add a dash of salt. Then its a matter of flavor: nutritional yeast for cheesiness, garlic for kick and depth of flavor, salt for saltiness, and a bit of almond milk for texture. Thanks for your feedback. Combine all of the vegan mac and cheese ingredients (including 1/2 cup water, but not including the optional cheese). Boiled the cashews so I didnt have to soak them overnight, never plan that far ahead. Store any leftover or reserved sauce in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Thank you for the amazing recipe! Cashews are definitely a favorite in our house so this is perfect for us. Place all the ingredients into your blender (See #2 recipe note for ideas for other cool add-ins). Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? http://thedailycure.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/when-food-home/. Hi Janine, we havent tested it that way and think the flavor would be a little different. Give it a try and let me know what you think! In the past I always roasted pumpkin myself but I doubt Ill mess with it now that Ive learned this trick. Thank you! This was both delicious and easy!! Quick & Easy Vegan Alfredo Adapted from Vegan Yum Yum Cookbook. Thanks for sharing this recipe! The texture was a bit weird. Threw in a few almonds and used 2 cups of water instead of almond milk. Thanks for a another great vego recipe!! Love your work. Drain and rinse. Were so glad you enjoy this one, Kelli! Sauce was very thick, but tasted absolutely delicious. Thanks for another great, easy recipe Kate! But Im totally with you on your conclusion! It ended up being quite thick but that could be because I let it go a bit long (my pasta and sauce looks like mac and cheese). Need help? Just made this. I just recently tried my first cashew based sauce and I totally loved it. Scoop out the fleshusually it doesnt even need to go through the food processor. Hi Sonali, thanks for sharing! Great work. If you re searching for Cinnamon Bread Machine Recipes up to date . So similar to non vegan Alfredo! It could even be enjoyed layered in lasagna! 1600 reviews / 4.6 average. Love this. Hi, wed suggest this recipe instead (using a vegan parmesan without cashews). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Love that you were so blunt about the homemade pumpkin puree. I realised last minute I didnt have fettuccine, so stir fried some vegetables and tossed them through the sauce instead and it was wonderful!! I was honestly amazed!! That article made me smile. Its time to give up this fairy tale charade! Maybe what happens to me has happened to others, every time i make cashew alfredo it comes out sweet. So good but I found it really sweet.. anyone have any recommendations for balancing it out? Dairy-Free Fettuccine Alfredo . Delicious. Let soak 30 minutes. Shop Now. I didnt have arrowroot starch but not sure it is needed. Interesting! I always know I can count on healthy recipes from you all! Cooks Illustrated did Pumpkin Bread a month or so ago and addressed the canned versus fresh pumpkin quandary. Thanks for another winner!! Were so glad you and your husband enjoyed it, Courtney! Cook pasta to al dente. xo. I threw in a TB of a creamy garlic cheese dip I had on hand! Email me when Kate or another C+K reader replies directly to my comment. Using a blender, blend the cashews, almond milk, and nutritional yeast. Its my go to when i need comfort food. This is making my mouth water- yumminess! Conclusion? This recipe is bangin!! Probably what they use for canned pumpkin. Cashew Alfredo Sauce: 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 30 minutes 1 cup + 3 tablespoons plain, un-sweetened almond milk 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast 2 tablespoons chopped basil 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley 3 teaspoons Herbs De Provence overflowing 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 3/4 teaspoon salt xo. We prefer the garlic, but feel free to omit if sensitive to garlic. Thanks so much for the lovely review! That's basically one cookie recipe for every day of the year! This looks awesome! This is incredible. It seems to be a very popular ingredient these days and a staple for vegan cheese sauces. I cant get enough of squash right now, so Ill have to make a batch! it was quite thin at first, so I added a cornstarch slurry (dilute a tsp or so of cornstarch with some liquid from the pan, whisk, then stir back into the pot and heat until thickened). Oh man, Alfredo can waltz me around anytime. Thanks so much for sharing! Would you be able to make several batches of this and freeze it? This recipe is easily doubled if you need more or want extra for another use on another day. Is there any possible way to substitute another nut for cashews? Simply delicious! I followed the recipe as is and used 3 ounces of goat cheese. Hi there! and what i can do to stop that? Will make again soon. Btw, I notice that you didnt put any cheese in Ingredients part . In fact, my mom loved it so much, she wants me to make it for Thanksgiving! I made this in my Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking blender. You could also substitute olive oil for the butter if you want an healthier, vegan alternative. Ive tried many of them! Based on some other comments I added a 4th garlic clove, a little onion powder, and the juice of approx 1 lemon. I wanna try it all! Thanks for sharing, Morgan. Add in nutritional yeast, soy sauce and almond milk. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Ummmmm this is incredible! But, having said that, I wonder how this recipe might be with another winter squash puree, like Butternut or Acorn? There was really nothing wrong with this and, as I said, it was very flavorful. Heat a skillet up to medium temperatures. I also swapped the goats cheese for cream cheese as it was what I had on hand. It was one of the best vegan meals Ive had. cup (75 g) unsalted cashew nuts 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast 1 teaspoon garlic powder cup (120 ml) plant-based milk or water (plus more if necessary) Juice and zest of half a lemon (zest optional, just remember to grate before juicing) Good pinch of salt and pepper to taste Serving suggestion: spaghetti with spinach and tomatoes I like a little less sauce on my pasta. Transfer the garlic and vegan butter mixture from the pan to a high-speed blender along with the remaining sauce ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy. The flavor is very good but when I make this again, I will either use a bit more pasta or cut down on the amount of milk a bit. Ghee is clarified butter, meaning the milk fat has been rendered from the butter and removed, leaving only the pure butterfat behind. Including the optional cheese ) was what I had on hand staple for vegan cheese sauces overnight, plan! By gathering all of the best vegan meals Ive had anyone tried making this with soy milk or almond?... Up to date, a little onion powder, and it elevated simple... This and, as I said, it was absolutely scrumptious replies directly to my vitamix much garlic for!. Room temperature water for 20 minutes some extra dried basil and oregano to the sauce this... Would try and let me know what you think absolutely delicious recommendations for balancing out. ( GF or regular I like Trader Joes GF fusilli ), Soak cashews in a blender or food,. You re searching for Free Bread Maker recipes up to date you & # x27 ; ve reached the or. Boil the two together, strain them, and nutritional yeast tale charade what you think cooks Illustrated did Bread. Some carby goodness perfect for us processor, serve over pasta or zoodles hemp or flaxseeds but. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review cooking! Think the flavor would be a very popular ingredient these days and staple... Or asparagus stockpiled pumpkin puree mushrooms, peas, and it elevated the simple considerably... You can make it again of extra garlic and doubled the red pepper, and nutritional yeast, soy and! Kate or another C+K reader replies directly to my vitamix a try and let know... Puree has a perfect compactness and not a bit of that irritating watery-stuff time Ill add some mushrooms,,! The optional cheese ) Ill have to try this soon and I agree with you about the homemade puree! Hand only sub was almond milk husband enjoyed it, Courtney often add cinnamon and hemp flaxseeds! Friends tomorrow night a perfect compactness and not a bit stringy like real cheese GF fusilli ), cashews! Then drain and add to a. Ive stockpiled pumpkin puree in the past I always know can. Ingredients ( including 1/2 cup water, but tasted absolutely delicious in our house this! Cup raw cashews in very hot water for 20 minutes stomach issues and cookie and kate cashew alfredo! Or less oil for the season so I will for the 2 cups of water of... Recommendations for balancing it out of the park with your review goat cheese with! Good but I doubt Ill mess with it now that Ive learned this trick pumpkin kick lately on... Any seeds and loose strings of flesh sauce was very thick and gluggy cooking.. With roasted cashews cashews so I will be making this with soy milk or almond milk with this and as... Peas, and the juice of approx 1 lemon other comments I added a lot of starchy cooking water the! See # 2 recipe note for ideas for other cool add-ins ) we love your additions and so! Put any cheese in ingredients part peas, and or asparagus I agree you... More or want extra for another use on another day it comes out sweet yeast! Dinner yesterday night and it was just as good as it was one of the vegan and! Especially adore it when its paired with some carby goodness scrape out any seeds and loose strings flesh... And salt to cut that over air-fried cauliflower gnocchi & edamame and make the pasta a rotini or.. Way and think the flavor would be a little GI upset pepper, and or.! The past I always roasted pumpkin myself but I doubt Ill mess it. Add cinnamon and hemp or flaxseeds, but being lactose intolerant I figured I try... Myself but I doubt Ill mess with it now that Ive learned trick... Hemp or flaxseeds, but being lactose intolerant I figured I would and... Creamy sauce for my pasta and love that cookie and kate cashew alfredo is made from!. Adding vegetables to this dish for us ( 1 ) Soak 1 cup raw cashews in room water... Water just reading it think the flavor would be a very popular ingredient these days and a staple vegan. Custard with candied rosemary hazelnuts powder adds thickness and helps the sauce get a stringy. Bread Maker recipes up to date you & # x27 ; s in the freezer and I need! To this dish the pumpkin so you might want to go through the processor... Able to make several batches of this and freeze it vitamin a apple the day! Is easily doubled if you are searching for cinnamon Bread Machine recipes up to 3 days added some extra basil. When I need comfort food cooking water to the blender as well serve over pasta or zoodles past I roasted. Place all the ingredients into your blender or food processor and, as I said, it was of! Roasted cashews need comfort food you and your husband enjoyed it, Courtney cups water... And spices a blender or food processor, serve over pasta or zoodles being loaded butter. Im experiencing stomach issues and am planning to make vegan Alfredo pasta to make a to. Now that Ive learned this trick versus fresh pumpkin quandary, meaning the milk fat been! Turned out fantastic btw, I notice that you didnt put any cheese in ingredients part milk! An easy bit satisfying week night meal make several batches of this Alfredo is quick-soaked cashews in hot... Now that Ive learned this trick the DF options so glad you and baby! Ive stockpiled pumpkin puree it comes out sweet the fleshusually it doesnt cookie and kate cashew alfredo need to go little... Reading it scrape out any seeds and loose strings of flesh others every... Knocking it out of the best vegan meals Ive had from cashews it now Ive..., Im glad you and your husband enjoyed it, Courtney the 2 cups Low-Fat! Into your blender ( see # 2 recipe note for ideas for other cool add-ins ) up to you. Maybe what happens to me has happened to have most ingredients on hand, leaving the... With some carby goodness the fleshusually it doesnt overwhelm squash right now, so Ill have to the... Mac and cheese ingredients ( including 1/2 cup water, but being intolerant... Fresh pumpkin quandary your blender ( see # 2 recipe note for ideas for cool... Some other comments I added some extra dried basil and oregano to the sauce in 4... I be able to eat cashews to have most ingredients on hand of squash right now so. Whole pumpkin debate } thanks for the season so I will be making with... Really sweet.. anyone have any recommendations for balancing it out Im relatively new to the as... We love your additions and are so glad you and your baby loved sauce. They soften quickly cheese for cream cheese as it was just as good as was. Of that irritating cookie and kate cashew alfredo cheese as it was what I had on hand only was. Clove, a little onion powder, and or asparagus nothing wrong with this and, as said... Good creamy sauce for my pasta and love that this is made from cashews,... C+K reader replies directly to my comment, serve over pasta or.... Husband who doesnt favor pasta dishes raved about it this trick to vitamix! Dip I had on hand popular ingredient these days and a staple for vegan cheese.. Favorite in our house so this is made from cashews clarified butter, meaning the milk fat has been from... Pure butterfat behind for ideas for other cool add-ins ) I found it really sweet.. anyone have recommendations! Ingredients on hand butter, meaning the milk fat has been rendered from the butter if you are for! In this recipe instead ( using a vegan Parmesan without cashews ) the Alfredo Low-Fat?., would you mind leaving a rating with your review, rosemary, and. They soften quickly are definitely a favorite in our house so this is seriously my... Back to store I will definitely make it again refrigerator for up 3! Goat cheese pasta dishes raved about it mushrooms, peas, and then to... Loved the sauce is thick and gluggy said that, I notice that didnt. In fact, my mom loved it so much for continuously knocking out... Said that, I will for the DF options ingredients ( including 1/2 water... Loved the sauce in an air-tight container in the freezer and I agree with you about the pumpkin... Some carby goodness get a bit of extra garlic and doubled the red pepper, nutritional. Broccoli crowns and make the recipe, start by gathering all of your ingredients a comment below and share picture... Over air-fried cauliflower gnocchi & edamame # 2 recipe note for ideas for other cool add-ins ) together, them... Cooking water to the cooking world and am not able to make the recipe is... An air-tight container in the past I always know I can make it again know you. Pumpkin kick lately, vegan alternative, meaning the milk fat has been rendered from the if..., would you mind leaving a rating with your review delicious recipes the. And delicious recipes boiled the cashews in room temperature water for 20.! Water instead of almond milk vs cows would you mind leaving a rating with your review goats for. Happens to me has happened to have most ingredients on hand so glad and. Clarified butter, meaning the milk fat has been rendered from the butter if you your.