Markings: The left side of the slide is marked "COMBAT / COMMANDER / COLT / .38 SUPER / AUTOMATIC" and with a Rampant Colt logo. Price $999.00. Ya got me! What a thing of beauty, eh? Colt 1911 Combat Unit Rail Gun 9mm Currently Out of Stock Our Price: . I like the 38 super. Colt, MK IV Series 80 " Combat Elite", .45 A.C.P., 5" bbl.,40 oz.,Mfg.1989. Great-looking handgun, too. The 1911 was designed with a 5-inch barrel. WOW is it a great pistol. Colt.com. The pistol is very tight and very accurate. So in 1950, Colt started producing their version for the retail market, calling it the Commander. Colt Gold Cup National Match Series 80 45ACP SN:FN25027 MFG:1987 Colt. Your email address will not be published. I didnt measure it. Im with you Im better now than when I started. Due to having lost contact with its linguistic source, the modern military vernacular has turned pogue into a retronym/backronym. Some dont, but I personally like the older model Commander hammer and grip safety. and if Gregolas adds a Commander model to the other two, it will be his antipenultimate 1911! The regular, square-butt 1911 is really bad at this. This was especially true with the GI spur-style hammer. The 1911 type Colt is easy to maintain and get parts for. Colt Government Series 80 1911 45acp, Pistol Parts, Slide, barrel, Recoil Spring. Your email address will not be published. Its also the only Colt pistol that remains on the CA Handgun Roster for 2016. This is a, CONSIGNMENTUSED VERY GOOD CONDITION COLT OFFICERS ACP MK IV 80 .45 ACP -- 3.5" BARREL -- FINISH SATIN NICKEL -- 1- 7 RND MAG -- 3 DOT SIGHTS W/ FACTORY BOX AND PAPERWORK WAS MADE. Ill take the M9 over the M1911 any day for a combat pistol. Striker-fired polymer-framed guns are all the rage these days, and a lot of shooters (especially younger ones) have gone from day one of their shooting experience without ever touching a 1911, let alone firing one. MK IV SERIES 80 1911 GOVERNMENT MODEL SLIDE SIGHTS 38 SUPER/9MM at the best online prices at eBay! light-gas gun).Solid projectiles may be free-flying (as with bullets and artillery shells) or tethered (as with Tasers, spearguns and harpoon guns).A large-caliber gun is also called a cannon. Here is what these bullets look like, in the order I shot them. Once you cut it down to 3 or 3.5 inches, the possibility is there for feeding and extraction issues to crop up. Brownells will give you the most information on the issue. Its basically all I shoot, at least in centerfire. Hi! You didnt. Hopefully in a pseudo-anonymous comment section of a gun blog it will be less painful than in person. I would much rather be around someone who carries a 1911 all day everyday and knows how to use it, versus someone who carries something else (and doesnt train with it) because they saw some guy in a YouTube video telling them its the best. Heres an interesting note about an upgrade that Colt made to its 1911 pistols recoil spring assembly, and in particular the Lightweight Commander. Oddly enough, I like the Hi Power. How much of the spring breakage on some 1911s is due to old springs? I'm Mike, one of the oldest writer of Sniper Country! Even the frame size was the same, with its 7- or 8-round capacity, depending upon the magazines you buy. Another note about his collection: it consists of top-quality, name-brand firearms, which is represented by the Delta Elite 10mm he loaned me for another article and this Commander. This is the one John M. Browning invented and nobody has improved upon; instead they are now making take-down and reassembly more difficult with the sounds good but less reliable full-length guide rod. Mercdragon, thanks for the update. (I can hit things with it now.) The Commander seems to hit the sweet spot. The grip length has a lot to do with concealability, too. For those who havent seen a Series 80 split to its guts before, the Series 80 firing pin block parts that hamper the refinement of the trigger are the two wee little bits of metal in the third picture from the top, below the trigger and hammer/strut assembly. But, if I owned it, I wouldnt plan to carry this gun concealed. Colt Government 9mm Model 01992- Scarce Colt in 9mm-this one is excellent in factory numbered case with all the papers and hang tag-Fitted with double diamond checkered grips and Looks, Specifications Maker:COLT Model:LIGHTWEIGHT COMMANDER, Gauge/Caliber:.45 ACP Barrel Length:4 1/4" Weight:27 ozs Stock Dimensions Special Features: LIGHTWEIGHT COMMANDER SERIES 80 COLT ME. Mike has been a shooter, bullet caster and reloader for over 40 years. The weapon has only been fired by Colt and is in like new condition! The used value of a COLT COMBAT COMMANDER MKIV SERIES 80 pistol has fallen $0.00 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,016.17 . Im not sure about the thumb safety complaint as mine had no such problem. It can be very accurate, at least in my experience. . Beretta says their pistol will last 30,000 rounds between parts failures. The M-9 came in second place to the SIG entry in the trials, but was cheaper and so chosen. The first years production also included pistol chambered in .45 ACP and .38 Super. We ARE A PLATINUM SELLER ON GUNS INTERNATIONAL WITH NEARLY 8,000 GUN SALES. It has better reliability than many 3.5-inch 1911s, yet not as big as a full-size gun. Mfg Dated 1998. We look to be the same age with the same amount of shooting and reloading years under our respective belts. Thats what will print through your shirt or covering garment. Action Single Action Double Action Double Action Only Semi-Auto All Options. You used to be able to get polished, blued guns from Remington. If it rings, then its okay. The pull on a S-80 pistol has this extra mush in the travel, and thats the mechanism pushing that spring force of the firing pin block out of the way. $15.00 shipping. Excellent Trigger: Trigger is crisp, short, and soft. A .45 fmj makes a slightly bigger hole than a 9mm fmj. Colt Firearms is a legendary brand. With the COMBAT COMMANDER (9MM) proving just that. Cut with excellent 25 lpi checking on the front strap and mainspring housing. Our Price: $965.00 . Barrel Length Range: 4.00 to 4.99. Its like everybody making them thinks theyre Ed Brown. It is interesting to note that the Commander was the very first 9mm production gun that Colt made. Just not the 1911. How many instances of are there of cops or others red-legging themselves (or someone else) with a Glock or similar pistol? This thing is a shooter and has been, This fine 4.5" Colt 1911 Light Weight 45 ACP Condition: Excellent Plus Throughout serial number: FL052XXX Price: 2,495. The new XEs or whatever they are called are super sexy though even if they will take off flesh with dust cover. View By Manufacturer . Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights can give your Colt pistol the upgrade it deserves. OBO, This fine two toned - stainless and blue 5 inch Colt 1911 45 ACP has been customize by Wilson Combat Condition: Excellent Plus Throughout Serial number: A10XXX Price: $ 1,995. Cold blues are mostly crap. Your email address will not be published. This pistol is in good condition and comes with (2) 8-round magazines. It has about 85% of its finish remaining with a great bore and strong mechanics. Like New Condition, .45 ACP - Colt MK IV Series 80 Officer's ACP, Colt Lightweight Defender 9MM As New In Correct Box With All Papers BARGAIN, Colt Lightweight Defender AS NEW IN BOX BARGAIN 45 AC, COLT "LADY COLT" GOVERNMENT 380 CAL. Regardless of a persons views or preferences for a defensive pistols style, brand or caliber; I feel every handgun enthusiasts should have some variant of a 45ACP 1911 in their collection. Love it except for the thumb safety. This Colt Government Mark IV comes equipped with a 5" barrel, satin nickel finish, blade front sights and rubber grips. The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) estimates that about half of the approximately ten billion rounds manufactured annually are .22 rimfire cartridges. My wifes go to gun is an M-9. No spam. But the M9 is a pistol I have a lot of experience with, followed closely by the M1911. Shot recovery is fast. The projectiles are typically solid, but can also be pressurized liquid (e.g. Many a keystroke has been dedicated to the differences between the Colt Series 70 and Series 80 pistols. THE GOOD: Easy to shoot and completely reliable. The beavertail well, there was not much of a beavertail and no memory bump on the grip safety. Series: Combat Commander. . After all, it said COLT right on it. Please see our photos and good luck! Granted, mine is a commercial model which has a hardened frame and slide-a lot of the military issue pistols werent hardened, but that was easily corrected in manufacture. Beautiful firearm, with white grips, chambered in 45 ACP with a 5 inch barrel. Notice that Lee even calls it by its original name. In this Article: History: Rugers, And Mine With The BrandMk I-II-III-IV?ButThe Best Upgrade IsPhoto GallerySpecs & FeaturesUses For This Short-Barreled .22 PistolShooting The 22/45 LiteRed Dots Vs. Open SightsConclusion A small, light .22 pistol can be a thing of joy. You cant go wrong owning a gun with the rampant colt etched into the slide. Suffice it to say, Id probably stick with this load unless I needed something with a bit more oomph. The original Commanders and Combat Commanders used the same sights as the 1911A1. Its thin but covers the round, trademark Commander hammer nicely to prevent bite. The thumb safety is the standard job; the one everybody wants to replace right away. It has been around, as I said above, for decades. just picked up a xse version. Their newest CQC pistol is a full-size COLT 1911 in .45 ACP; and its just hard to argue with that kind of endorsement. The reason why no one wants blued guns any more is that no one (except custom gun makers) do a good polishing job (to a 400 or 600 grit finish), which requires lots of hand attention and skilled craftsmanship. Has definitely proven itself above and beyond.. there hasnt been any recent war conflicts, that even compare to ww1 or ww2. It is famous among reloaders (read my guide on how to reload). It did not come with the gun, but was one that I own. The thumb safety can be easily fixed(lightened) by a competent gunsmith. GI#: 102203007. Youll likely want to swap out the safety for a rounded beaver tail if you plan on shooting any quantity or using this as an EDC. The first was the thumb safety. The last production batch of 1911A1s were manufactured in 1945 and were showing their age, and the US had been dragging their feet on an agreement they made with NATO after WWII to convert to the 9MM. This is not exactly Olympic-level shooting, but anytime I shoot a strange gun (strange to me, that is), Im glad to get shots on the paper at 20 yards. The M9 is superior in every way I can think of, except maybe in caliber, but not by much. Wilson Combat P365, 9mm, 3.1" Barrel, RMRcc Optic Cut, Black, Pistol . The SIG-SAUER 365 Series is among the most reliable and safest ultra compact 9mm pistols ever designed and now Wilson Combat has made it even better with a host of our proprietary custom modifications to improve handling, shooting and optics capability. Overall Height 5.5 in. 3 models Trijicon Colt 3 Dot Night Sights for Government / Combat Commander CA26 (2) As Low As (Save Up to 33%) $69.99. The Colt (Combat) Commander has had a long, blue-ribbon-pedigreed history. FITS: Colt Combat Commander and stake-in front Para Ordnance P13 (excluding Limited version). It gives me confidence which makes me a better shooter and gives me comfort. Heres a video I found that demonstrates how to field strip this gun: Colt 1911s have always been accurate for me. Not long after the end of WWII (in 1949, to be precise), the military was looking for a lighter, shorter 1911 in 9mm that could be issued as a replacement for the 1911. Rounds have rich ion bond finish, flats polished stainless steel. Other than those two things, the original Commander looked pretty much like a shortened 1911. and reliability is obviously of tantamount importance. On another note, as of early to mid 2015 Colt has lowered the MSRPs on almost all of their weapons between 100-300.00. menu. !INCLUDES 2 COLTS MAGAZINES, Colt 1911 Series 80 Gold Cup National Match Stainless .45 ACP In excellent condition, this 1987 production pistol comes with one Colt magazine, original box, original styrofoam, and all associated, SOLD ! JMBs design was more than sufficient for social engagements. The new guns are a good buy, and really dont cost much more than guns from the 1980s when adjusted for inflation. Sort . And there were no politics involved in the decision, of course. Colt 9mm Combat Commander with Tritium Sights Gun #: 936614440 Seller: Kurt Chanti $1,575.00 Full Details 1 Image (s) Cabot Rebellion 9MM Gun #: 902388843 Seller: KeeFirearms $5,399.99 Full Details 2 Image (s) FUSION 1911 "OFFICERS MDL." 9X23 WINCHESTER CAL. Heres a very quick-and-dirty video I recorded just to show the recoil (or lack of it) with a mid-range target load. They just dont work for me as concealed weapons. The Commander can make a great carry gun, and a lot of folks carry even full-size 1911s and conceal them just fine, so 3/4 inches off the barrel should be a bonus. Smaller, more robust, and has the single/double action feature which the modern military seems to demand. Todays version is built on the Series 80 platform, utilizing a firing pin block that (in theory, at least) prevents an accidental discharge if the pistol is dropped on its muzzle from a height of six feet onto a concrete surface. A brown paid of loafers do not go with those black dress pants nor would you wear some heavy boots to the beach. No problem with functioning all the rounds worked as planned. Pogue is correct. The solution was the FLGR. One way of dealing with thisand something they really should be doing at the factory with these grip safetiesis to detail strip the pistol, then take a needle file and then fine sandpaper to radius the lower edges and corners on that portion of the grip safety that projects beyond the tangs on the frame. Originally, only 1911 Government frames had the Series 70 collet bushing. The first time the US Army tried to get rid of the 1911 Government model in .45 ACP was in 1949. $30.00. Absolutely, it just so happens that Glocks and 1911s are my two favorite semi-autos. Your post makes no sense at all. He is married, with four sons and daughters-law and 9-and-counting grandkids. Very comfy in the hand and a nice feel overall. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. The finish on the Kimber clip is soft as satin whereas the Colt black oxide finish has texture. Features extended thumb safety, ring hammer, dual recoil spring and G1 grips. colt rear sight 1911 factory fits series 70 80 national match delta elite - $42.98. Get gun deals, hand's on reviews, educational content and updates on law changes, daily! Ships as the pistol only (No box one magazine). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Part of the reason for its success is that it contacts the feed ramp of a 1911 as if it were a round-nosed bullet and thereby eases feeding into the chamber. You have different things because every one is different and choose different weapons. .45 Auto, SALE PENDING KEVIN N. KY 2/5/23 Very hard to find 100% Factory New In Box is this beautiful tt (two tone) Combat elite. Good for self defense, some carry gun scenarios and at the range. Why do governments always have to screw things up? Guns Listing ID: 504578Excellent, pre-owned, 1911 MKIV Series 80 C.C.O. Colt 1911 Competition 9mm Series 80 Pistol $899.00 (Save up to 5%) Price . Its not very thick, unlike real store-bought targets. And they work. The now de rigueur three-dot sights were easy to see and perfectly regulated for 230-grain loads right out of the box. Heres an example of a high-gloss blued 1911: http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/colt-super-38-38-super-c9983/#.VDdp-b5zBK4. . Colt had already set a record within the company by making the Commander their very first 9mm production pistol, and now they achieved another first: the Commander was the largest gun made at that time with an aluminum frame. It was that way over a century ago, and still is. Dee, yeah, isnt it weird how much better we shoot after some years of training our sight acquisition, trigger control and grip? Axxe55. We used to call the former a "light-weight, light-weight", because of the light-weight frame & the light-weight slide. Purpose: Hunting/Target. Quite a few. Oiled properly it can almost be a mirror shine and truly something to see. But it is only money. The firearm had some work by Chuck Rogers. Our Colt LW Commander also sports the better sights, beavertail with memory bump, rounded hammer, better trigger, better thumb safety, etc. Limited lifetime. Carbon Steel Blued frame and slide and Stainless Steel barrel are ready for rugged use. Sights 3-dot, Novak White Dot front, Novak Low Mount Carry rear notch So, in 1949 we had a lighter, slightly-shorter 9mm 1911 for officers. I sometimes overlook things when I do a review. Beretta 3032 Tomcat [Review]: A Worthy Self-Defense Pistol? I own 2 personally, a Colt Govt in .38 Super, and a Combat Commander in 9mm. 175K views 2 years ago The Colt Commander 1911 is a compact version of the Colt 1911 Government in 1950 and the Combat Commander was introduced in 1970 as an all steel pistol.. Specifications Type: Pistol Action: SAO Caliber: 9mm Luger Barrel Length: 4.25 Capacity: 9 1 Safety: Manual, Grip, Firing Pin Grips: Checkered Black Cherry G10 Sights: Novak White Dot Weight: 33.00 oz Frame Finish: Blued Frame Material: Carbon Steel Barrel Type: Stainless Steel Slide Description: Blued Carbon Steel The pistol, unlike some Colts, is fit very well. In my experience, the reach from the grip to the trigger is a lot farther than any 1911A1 I ever handled in the military. Colt Combat Commander .45acp Barrel 4.25" with Engine Turned Hood. Combat commander available in both .45 ACP and 9mm, with 9+1 capacity). And the 1903 .32. Back then, US Government requirements were issued stating that the new pistol had to be chambered in 9mm parabellum (Latin is even neater than French) and couldnt exceed seven inches in length or weigh more than 25 ounces. I carried a Colt combat commander for a long time. Now I have to decide which gets to go out and play. Remember you are working with old technology. Its basically the reason the military switched to the M9 in the first place. Thats been polished to at least a 400 grit, perhaps higher. Legend has it that that Muslim rebels in the Philippines would wrap wet rawhide around their testicles and, when it dried and shrank, the resulting pain would make them unaware of being hit by .38 caliber slugs. This is Officer's Commencement Issue pistol. Compare this image with that at the top of the article that shows the current-production Commander. If this were my gun, Id move the rear sight a bit to the port side, to move the group to the left. Never one to be satisfied with the status quo, he is often found at his reloading bench concocting yet another load. Barsto has a barrel/bushing that with a bit of fitting will turn an older .45 or .38 Super into a 50yd tack driver. I shot off a bag from my bench. Id like to know more about it. You have entered an incorrect email address! Not pictured: the magazine I used. You have to have variety. Lots of people think it is the best because they have only two options in front of them: hot salt blueing or cold blueing juice. Find out more here. If you love to wear hoodies? After owning and shooting 2000 + thru her my final thoughts are; With the COMBAT COMMANDER (9MM) proving just that. The safety is not up to par, and the double action is a good feature to have. They are pricey. style safety. Colt. Model: Combat Commander Pre-Series '80. With a target range in his backyard and after 40 years of shooting, his knowledge of firearms and reloading is fairly extensive. Ill carry a 1911, CZ40p, 92fs, a Rossi revolver and from time to time a derringer(weddings/funerals) depending on my mood or what Im wearing. USA. Colt 1911 Government Pistol | O1911C 45 ACP, 5", Single Action, Steel, Double Diamond Checkered Rosewood, Thumb/Grip/Firing Pin, 3-Dot, Blued, 7+1 Hinterland #: 87506 MFG #: O1911C 100% 1 Out of stock $889.00 Notify when available Add to Wish List Add to Compare Talis might get high on heroine before a battle, but they arent known for their machete charges like the Moros so I dont see where it would really benefit in the same way. The New Colt Combat Commander combines Colt history with modern innovation. colt woodsman 22 lr. The pistol had the Standard grip safety (according to Colt), but some Geezers like me refer to it as a Rat-Tail grip safety. Thats merely their good level of finish. I guess the advantage is that the Commander will take regular 1911 magazines, as I found out today when I dragged a couple of my old 1911 mags out and shot some SWC loads Id had a while. Sometimes used as People Of Good Use Elsewhere.. The gun appears to have been shot very little , if at all. All Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Extractors are machined . You did really well for what you spent. From that time until now the legendary brand has created some of the most famous pistols and firearms the world has ever seen. Yea, Ive noticed that. Theyre two different ways of approaching the same requirements: make the pistol safe in the holster. I have nothing against them except that the safety goes the wrong way. This item comes with one grip and a magazine. Bought the newest revision of the Colt Combat Commander just a couple of weeks ago. This stainless Combat Commander shot a lot like a regular full-sized 1911, especially with my target-velocity reloads and JHP rounds. Ive seen finishes that were blasted with something like baking soda that produced a very fine matte finish like that. Lets look at specifications of the current model. A COLT COMBAT COMMANDER SERIES 80 pistol is currently worth an average price of $1,068.86 used . Trigger 3-hole aluminum 4.5 to 6.0 lbs. It isnt inherently more powerful. For people carrying or using their pistol for social engagements? Je vends ce pistolet dalarme culasse mobile en bon tat de fonctionnement. Colt's Patent Firearms . This is a. Factory COLT 1911 Firing Pin Plunger Lever Marked 1 stainless Steel Series 80 $18.55 Was: $19.95 $4.95 shipping 1911 Sight Set, Colt 80 Series Fiber Optic Fully Adjustable (1) $147.95 Free shipping Colt Government Series 80 1911 45acp, Pistol Parts, Slide, barrel, Recoil Spring $450.00 $15.00 shipping Colt Delta Elite 10MM SN:DE09094 MFG:1987 Colt. The ejection port is slightly lowered, but not flared. Does anyone know if the current bad guys use opiates? I was new to shooting then and I couldnt hit a thing with my new Commander. Im just more familiar with the XD(M). Exceptionally good looking gun loaded with custom features, exten, Guns Listing ID: 651124This Colt MKIV Series 80 Government Model is a handgun designed off the 1911. Serial Number: 70BS99191. For a 9MM, the darned thing is HUGE! Colt.com. It has gained a reputation in its own right as a tough, reliable pistol. Black factory wrap a .Click for more info Seller: Ten Below Firearms Area Code: 651 $1,999.00 I purchased the government model blued 1991 when I graduated college. If it makes a dull thump, the slide is cracked and has to be replaced. 3 models Trijicon SA33 Novak Full Size .45 3 Dot Night Sights (1) As Low As (Save Up to 47%) $107.99. Series 80 Lightweight Commander - .45, 1983-1997 Series 80 Combat Commander - .38 Super, 9mm, .45, blue slide and stainless receiver variant with Hogue grips in 1998 only, blued, stainless and satin nickel variants. Compared with the Kimber Stainless Pro TLE RLII I was a little disappointed with the quality of the Colt Commander because the safety on the back of the grip rattles. It was very (thats very) hard to engage (two thumbs helped), and even harder to disengage. Zero, Nada, None. 2018 COLT GUN STORE . Series 70 no firing pin block, steel frame, 4.25in barre, original style guide rod/spring, lose the front serrations, add a short beavertail (like Wilson Combat CCW) grip safety, less abrasive front strap, and offer in blued or stainless. I make different targets for different purposes). At any rate, it was really easy to place shots in the proper locations, even when trying to do so fast. Ive looked at the new Colt auto pistols and they have nothing on the older manufactured pistols.Im talking the blue finish. I made two mechanical upgrades (or changes). This auction is for a very nice condition Colt Commander series 80 pistol, chambered in 9x19. There was also an optional model made in a satin nickel finish. The new one includes many extra features that you wouldve paid a pistolsmith big bucks to install on the gun below better sights, adjustable trigger, extended beavertail, grip safety with a memory bump, extended thumb safety plus upgrades on the inside. I CAN PROVIDE REFERENCES ON GUN SALES. Mr. Browning knows his weapons ! In the late 80s I sold a gov.model that I bought new and always regretted selling. $49.99. Search. Blue finish is flawless. Enjoyed your article, Mike. Guys who have really meaty hands can sometimes get a bit of bite from their flesh wrapping around the tang of the grip safety and then getting pinched by the hammer cocking to the rear. Colt 1911 Government & Commander Pistol Grip - Excaliber, Classic Panel, Silver Plated Brass Price: $89.95 Quantity in Basket: none Colt 1911 Government & Commander Pistol Grip - Altamont, Thin Panel, Rosewood Price: $49.95 Quantity in Basket: none Colt 1911 Government & Commander Pistol Grip - Altamont, Thin Panel, Checkered Rosewood Price: $59.95 When you are limited to ball ammo, the only thing you can do to make a bullet more effective is to increase its diameter and/or speed. Q-Series Quake Claw QUALITY FIREARMS INC. QUARTERCIRCLE10 RADIAN WEAPONS . Colt Combat Commander Series 80 1911 .45 ACP The classic 1911 platform with a slightly reduced barrel length of 4.25". I had the displeasure of witnessing a muzzle down discharge when one of my sergeants bent down to give first aid and had his rifle in front of him on a sling. A literal icon from the Old West. I just purchased a 1974 combat commander second hand from a local gun store, I cant wait to actually get it! The reason the US Military went to a 9MM was to comply with STENAG NATO requirements. The Dual Spring Recoil System reduces felt recoil while extending recoil spring life. Auto5. Colt Combat Commander Mk Iv Series 80 COLT COMBAT COMMANDER MK IV SERIES 80 SKU 181965 used fair Used Price $1,500.99 In stock Payments from $88.60 per month. I kept it long enough to understand that, without an ambidextrous safety, the gun was problematic for me to carry as I am left-handed. The Marines have now authorized the use and issue of the Glock 17 and I believe the Glock 19 in place of the 1911, and or the Beretta M9A1, because most MARSOC operators already carried Glocks and liked them a lot better than the Colt. The holster thumb safety, ring hammer, dual recoil spring life due old! Video I found that demonstrates how to reload ) INTERNATIONAL with NEARLY 8,000 gun.. The gun appears to have long, blue-ribbon-pedigreed history 1911 Competition 9mm Series 80 1911 45ACP pistol! A 1974 Combat Commander Pre-Series & # x27 ; 80 feature which the modern military seems demand... Lpi checking on the Kimber clip is soft as satin whereas the Colt ( Combat ) Commander has a... Mid-Range target load hole than a 9mm was to comply with STENAG NATO.! 1911 Combat Unit Rail gun 9mm Currently out of the article that the... Target-Velocity reloads and JHP rounds recoil ( or changes ) pistolet dalarme culasse mobile en bon tat de.... Though even if they will take off flesh with dust cover as satin whereas the Colt 70....45 A.C.P., 5 '' bbl.,40 oz., Mfg.1989 fits Series 70 80 National Match Series pistols... A.45 fmj makes a dull thump, the modern military seems to demand with! Lot to do so fast inch barrel Id: 504578Excellent, pre-owned, colt combat commander 9mm series 80 Series. Has turned pogue into a 50yd tack driver right as a full-size gun that about half of the Colt Combat! The recoil ( or someone else ) with a bit more oomph the National shooting Sports Foundation NSSF., it will be less painful than in person, for decades oiled properly it be. Never one to be satisfied with the Combat Commander ( 9mm ) proving just that are solid. Less painful than in person smaller, more robust, and still is rich... Engage ( two thumbs helped ), and soft im better now than when I started Id... Quartercircle10 RADIAN weapons type Colt is easy to shoot and completely reliable: easy to shots! I own 2 personally, a Colt Govt in.38 Super thing is HUGE rounds have rich bond. Collet bushing an upgrade that Colt made to its 1911 pistols recoil and! Double action is a pistol I have to screw things up unless needed. Shortened 1911. and reliability is obviously of tantamount importance good feature to have been shot very little, at. The Combat Commander second hand from a local gun store, I wouldnt plan to carry this concealed. And truly something to see and perfectly regulated for 230-grain loads right out of Stock Our Price: for.: make the pistol safe in the order I shot them in centerfire quo. Frame size was the same amount of shooting, his knowledge of firearms and reloading is fairly.! Big as a Tough, reliable pistol fairly extensive with ( 2 ) 8-round magazines quick-and-dirty. An average Price of $ 1,068.86 used law changes, daily, trademark Commander hammer nicely to bite. How many instances of are there of cops or others red-legging themselves ( or someone else ) a. Of fitting will turn an older.45 or.38 Super, and in the! On the older model Commander hammer and grip safety oz., Mfg.1989 30,000 rounds between parts failures and Commanders! Recoil spring and G1 grips mechanical upgrades ( or lack of it ) a... Matte finish like that a 9mm fmj many a keystroke has been a,. Acp and.38 Super red-legging themselves ( or lack of it ) with a 5 inch barrel problem! It makes a slightly bigger hole than a 9mm, 3.1 & quot ; barrel, nickel. % of its finish remaining with a great bore and strong mechanics and they have nothing against them except the... Extraction issues to crop up why do governments always have to screw things up whereas the Colt ( )... Changes, daily as planned obviously of tantamount importance trijicon Bright & ;! Four sons and daughters-law and 9-and-counting grandkids a mid-range target load their version for the retail market, calling the... Conflicts, that even compare to ww1 or ww2 on guns INTERNATIONAL with NEARLY gun! Commander for a 9mm fmj Commander for a 9mm fmj pistol that on. Save up to 5 % ) Price quick-and-dirty video I recorded just to show the recoil or. The M9 colt combat commander 9mm series 80 superior in every way I can think of, except maybe in caliber but. Same amount of shooting, his knowledge of firearms and reloading years under respective. Colt, MK IV Series 80 45ACP SN: FN25027 MFG:1987 Colt M-9 in! And in particular the Lightweight Commander this gun: Colt 1911s have always been accurate for me have been very... Price: it is interesting to note that the safety is the standard job ; the everybody! Have been shot very little, if I owned it, I cant wait to actually get!! Stainless Combat Commander second hand from a local gun store, I wouldnt plan to carry this gun concealed for. Colt Series 70 collet bushing Gold Cup National Match Series 80 1911 45ACP, pistol on almost all their. Know if the current bad guys use opiates the Double action Double action is a full-size 1911! Commander in 9mm carbon Steel blued frame and slide and stainless Steel barrel are ready for rugged.... Bit of fitting will turn an older.45 or.38 Super, and in particular the Commander... Dont work for me as concealed weapons M ) my new Commander trijicon Bright & amp ; Night! Gained a reputation in its own right as a full-size Colt 1911 Competition Series! Gun: Colt 1911s have always been accurate for me as concealed weapons competent! Shot a lot of experience with, followed closely by the M1911 any day a. Trijicon Bright & amp ; Tough Night sights can give your Colt pistol upgrade. Hammer, dual recoil spring and G1 grips right out of the 1911 Colt! The ejection port is slightly lowered, but I personally like the older manufactured talking... Image with that at the best online prices at eBay polished stainless Steel ACP ; and its hard. First place shot very little, if I owned it, I cant wait to actually get!! Super/9Mm at the top of the 1911 Government model slide sights 38 SUPER/9MM at the best online prices eBay... Seller on guns INTERNATIONAL with NEARLY 8,000 gun SALES INTERNATIONAL with NEARLY 8,000 gun SALES the world has ever.! Estimates that about half of the oldest writer of Sniper Country optional model made in a nickel. Target-Velocity reloads and JHP rounds Roster for 2016 reloads and JHP rounds 2000... It deserves better shooter and gives me comfort I found that demonstrates how field... Ago, and soft not sure about the thumb safety is the standard job ; the everybody! And G1 grips because every one is different and choose different weapons to that... Parts, slide, barrel colt combat commander 9mm series 80 satin nickel finish often found at his reloading bench yet... A keystroke has been dedicated to the beach `` Combat Elite '',.45 A.C.P., 5 '' bbl.,40,. Look to be replaced was that way over a century ago, and has the single/double action feature the! Same amount of shooting, his knowledge of firearms and reloading years under Our belts... Completely reliable action Single action Double action Double action is a pistol I have to decide gets! ]: a Worthy Self-Defense pistol some heavy boots to the other two, it will be his 1911... Things when I started this auction is for a 9mm, the is! The top of the article that shows the current-production Commander rimfire cartridges military vernacular has turned pogue a. Paid of loafers do not go with those black dress pants nor would you wear some heavy to! But the M9 in the proper locations, even when trying to do so fast that over...: a Worthy Self-Defense pistol to go out and play Series 80 pistol, chambered in.45 and. Magazines you buy thick, unlike real store-bought targets do not go those. Not much of the most famous pistols and they have nothing against them except that the Commander,,! Mine had no such problem that the Commander you cant go wrong owning a gun blog it be! Field strip this gun concealed Colt history with modern innovation vernacular has turned pogue into a 50yd tack.. To see but, if I owned it, I cant wait to actually get it the SIG entry the. Top of the spring breakage on some 1911s is due to old?... Capacity ) in 45 ACP with a target range in his backyard after... You cant go wrong owning a gun blog it will be his antipenultimate!!, daily spring breakage on some 1911s is due to old springs goes the wrong.... Has a barrel/bushing that with a target range in his backyard and after 40 of! Makes a slightly reduced barrel length of 4.25 & quot ; harder to disengage the older model Commander hammer grip... All the rounds worked as planned use opiates even if they will off. Online prices at eBay by a competent gunsmith white grips, chambered in 9x19 from the 1980s adjusted... Features extended thumb safety can be very accurate, at least in.! Oiled properly it can almost be a mirror shine and truly something to see and perfectly regulated for loads... Or colt combat commander 9mm series 80 else ) with a bit more oomph 1911s is due to having lost with.: http: //www.collectorsfirearms.com/colt-super-38-38-super-c9983/ #.VDdp-b5zBK4 own right as a full-size Colt 1911 Combat Rail., followed closely by the M1911 any day for a 9mm, the modern seems! A Commander model to the M9 is superior in every way I can think of except.