Perhaps someone else has more definitive info for you. Sometimes the story accuses ordinary housewives of having done the same thing if they were especially superstitious. ~David. Liz, all Ball jars are not necessarily marked with mold numbers. There isa definitely noticeable difference in the numbers of #13-marked jars compared to the other numbers they AREsomewhat less common. https://www.facebook.com/groups/844269035644710. Best regards, You can also use a soft-bristled scrub brush. Several off-sizes were also produced, although in much smaller quantities. Are they harder to find or common? Thank you so much for your time and knowledge. They are being sold along with modern screw bands and lids. I found a green Ball perfect Mason pint jar. until around 1860 when the new Soda Lime glass formula came into widespread use since it was cheaper to make. Renee, your average quart and half gallon Ball Perfect Masons (in the most common aqua or Ball Blue colors) are typically valued at around 1 to 2 dollars each. If a zinc lid contains a porcelain (milk glass) liner, they are likely original lids (the BALL lids were made over many decades, many of them sold as replacements). Thanks, Laurie, in my opinion there is very little significance. One of the treasures I stumbled upon was a jar. Each jar has unique features that make it better than others. They are commonly seen for sale on the secondary market at antique malls, farm and estate auctions, flea markets, thrift stores, rummage sales, yard/ garage sales, and on online auction sites. In the above article, it states that the new reproductions are Perfect Mason but I purchased a set of the new amethyst pint jars and the side has a dropped A underlined Ball with IMPROVED beneath. Owens-Illinois Glass Company trademark/logo Diamond Oval- I entwined. The iron is locked into the glass. After all, Mason jars looked like short wine bottles. 2) about how old it is, 2) and if it has lead in it? At 2$ each Id grab all I could afford. Im just wondering if this is a valuable flaw before posting for sale. There are no other markings in it. #8 on the bottom. John Mason invented and patented the process for cutting a thread onto the lip of glass jars, as well as a corresponding thread inside zinc lids, which could then be screwed tightly onto the jars. There are thousands of different jars known and I do not have info on every one. Triple L 2nd line: Ball 9 An antique green or blue cobalt glass canning jar is something else, however, and they can be exceptionally valuable not just up to $300 but sometimes even close to or above $1,000 for a Ball blue color jar. Check eBay for jars with descriptions or pictures that match yours and see what they've sold for in the past by searching "Completed Listings". WebBrowse FREE Vintage Ball Mason Jars Price & Value Guide. Any idea? These jars are being sold for actual canning use, but also for rustic or retro decorative appeal; are being used as containers for liquid soap dispensers (some ebay or etsy sellers are selling them with special lids for this use); for use in candle making, and for similar Americana primitive and crafts projects. This purple hue jar gets its color from a reaction of manganese to sun exposure. Im from the mountains of VA/WV. 1900-1910 The triple L. The Ball had an underscore extension that looped at the end like the letter L. 1910-1923 The double L. The underscore extension had no loop. Are My Old Stamps Worth Anything? Just at a glance, I can document jars marked 10 A, 7 C and 8 H among a few jars in my own collection. The word standard also is written at angle. It is logo 7, so 1933 to 1962. 1/2 Pint, Lightning Seal, c. 1900-1925 While cleaning my mother-in-laws basement I found a glass bottle with grape and grape vine designs on it. Karen M. Vincents informative article on dating Ball jars: https://www.minnetrista.net/blog/blog/2013/06/27/ball-family-history/how-to-date-a-ball-jar, Bob Clays article with a timeline on How to Date Ball Fruit Jars appears here near the bottom of this page: For a detailed, comprehensive article with tons of background info on the Ball Brothers Glass Manufacturing Company, written by author/researcher Bill Lockhart (with input from several other collectors/researchers), check out his article ~ (This article also includes an expanded chart of BALL logo variations and estimated date ranges used over the years, as compiled by jar researcher Vivian Granny Kath). WebOriginal jars range in price from $10-60, depending on condition, color, and age. Best, Kathy, Hi Kathy, However, longtime fruit jar researcher and glass company historian Dick Roller stated that the Ball Mason jars date from approximately 1901. The 1881 Van Vliet is themost expensive brand ever soldat $23,50o, with a starting bid of $1,000. https://www.ball.com/our-company/our-story/original-history-timeline. Experts then volunteered information and mini-lectures on the identification of antique Mason jars. As of the time of this writing, I have examined some PINT size jars, but I dont know if they are (or will be) producing quart and/or half-gallon sizes. Thanks for taking the time to send me the pics! I have answered other queries about those The Mason jars, either in the comments section of this page, or the comments under the MASONS PATENT NOV 30Th 1858 webpage. Unfortunately, John L. Mason failed to patent his entire innovations so, other manufacturers copied his model. I have various (old) Ball (Perfect Mason) jars used for storing dried foods, several are 1/2 gal. A number of error jars are found among the Ball Perfect Masons, including examples found with the embossing missing a letter (or letters), or with a word misspelled, such as PERFFCT, PEPRECT or PEREFCT. Does this make it any rarer, and is it possibly just an earlier one before the Perfect was added? Sorry I dont remember where they are! Many of them bear mold numbers on the bottom, usually one, two or three digits. Instantly recognizable by avidvintage-lovers, the Nov. 30th 1858 patent dateappears on literally thousands of canning jars produced between1858-1920. However, if theyre valuable, maybe I should reconsider. Prices can be very erratic, unpredictable, and one particular jar might sell higher than another for no apparent reason. There are several different base molds found so far, and some of them start with an H followed by three numbers. (Ball Bros>>>> Saint-Gobain Containers>>>>> Verallia>>>>> and now Ardagh Group. No, thats the mold identification. The Buffalo Jar in amber is even rarer; only four are known to exist. #8 on the bottom mark on antique glass bottles & jars, Letter L in cursive script mark: Libbey Glass Company, Liquor Bottle Permit Numbers Numerical List, Lynchburg Glass Corporation, Lynchburg, Virginia, M inside a circle: Maryland Glass Corporation, Baltimore, MD, MASONS PATENT NOV 30TH 1858 Fruit Jars Summary, Maywood Glass Company, Compton, California (1930-1959) ~ MG Connected mark, McLaughlin Glass Company, Vernon, California, M.G.CO. Hazel-Atlas H over A trademark on the front of clear Atlas Mason jar. I will edit my text shortly to help reduce confusion on the exact wording on those later colored jars. These are larger size mason jars. I have some mason jars with no marking at all along the side, but it says ball on the bottom. (By the way, for a bit of clarification, the great majority of hand-blown jars and bottles of American make were also produced in a glass factory by skilled glass workers). Seed Sprouting Kit + Guide | 3 Mesh Screen Strainers for Wide Mouth Mason Jars BALL Mason Drinking Jars, Mason Kitchen Canning Jars; Additional site have a jar (square) with MASON on all four sides at top of jar.on two sides of jar there are indented markings of 1/2 , 3/4, and pint, with room above for probably 1/2 cup more but not marked. This is not a reproduction. Hi Davina, Ball Perfect Masons (Quart). Add a few old Ball mason jars together and you can be looking at several hundred dollars or even more. The BALL KY.G.W. The Ball Upside-down coffee dispenser is in the big leagues at a whopping $1,000. Welcome to my antique and vintage canning jar price guide! $10-12.00, Aqua Ball Thank you so much for your help. AB (connected) mark on base of light aqua beer bottle with P 11 code, VM (MV) logo on CD 642 Gingerbread Man style insulator made by Verreries de Masnieres. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. I also hope everyone will follow the link to the entire article written by Karen M. Vincent, which includes more detail and context in addition to the chart. I have a wide mouth half-gallon jar with the registered trademark symbol, says Genuine Sculptured Glass on the bottom, but is missing the B on the Ball logo. Not only because it has a unique cork lid but, there arent many in existence. and 3rd line: A11. Fenton in an oval ((Fenton Art Glass Company). Dont know what the HI would be. Learn how your comment data is processed. Next time you rummage through your grandmas spice locker, be alert. I cant really say why! Sometimes much less, sometimes more. There are unique words that signify the manufacturing year of a Ball Mason Jar. Later on, the Ball manufacturing company added other colors to the design. Square Wide Mouth Pint $7.99 Kerr 'Self Sealing' - U.S. Pat. Best regards, (NOTE: in 2014, medium green glassquart size jars were issued, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the PERFECTION jars (introduced in 1914).the word PERFECTION is embossed underneath the cursive BALL. In general, mold numbers do not have any relevance to the worth of a particular 1858 jar, although some Hemingray 1858-type jars can be identified by their particular look of the mold numbers, very, very large and ornate on the base. It is clearly on the front about 3/4 below the word Mason. $15-20.00, Aqua Ball Ideal David. 10. (They are the same, typical Ball Blue or blueish-aqua color seen in most of the originals.) Here is an article about the newer jars being made by Ardagh: https://www.ardaghgroup.com/news-centre/the-perfect-mason, NOTE: NEW BALL PERFECT MASON JARS BEING MADE IN 2019. Everyone around here broke them, my grandmother remembers her grandfather breaking whole cases of unlucky jars simply cuz they had 13 stamped on the bottom. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. I think most of those Ball Perfect Mason jars with the letters along with the numbers (which are mold identification marks) were made sometime in the 1930s-1960s, but that is only a guess, and I cant narrow down the date range any better. To know the various types of mason jars is to take a journey into the history of mason jars. David, I have many vintage light blue to dark blue I have one that is the Masons patent 1858 jar a48 on bottom and a snowflake type of embossing on back. I have a blue Ball perfect mason jar with what looks like a capital I with a line underneath it. I cant find anything on the Internet and I am very curious about the history behind this jar. I have a jar I believe to be half gallon size. David. Mason Jar Nation: The Jars that Changed America and 50 Clever Ways to Use Them. The 1913 1915 embossing (given above) readily identifies these as new production. Since there are no numbers or any other kind of embossing I was hoping you might help me determine the age. Your experiences (indicating the old jars as more sturdy and less prone to breakage) gives clues as to why so many of the older Ball Perfect Mason jars are still around! Thanks Sue, Hi Sue, Quart, Bead or Ledge Seal, c. 1920 However, the valuation depends on many factors with David. So, in 1858, John Landis Mason designed the first Mason Jar. All Rights Reserved. Lee, thats an example of ghosting or ghost embossing, it is seen fairly frequently on older glass insulators, and on the base of some jars and bottles, mostly on older handblown bottles before, generally, 1920 or so. Libbey Glass Company Cursive L mark on the base of a Gibraltar pattern tumbler in Spanish Green (sage green). For example, clear and pale jars are very common both now and 150 years ago. WebMASON JARS 16 Ounce Wide Mouth Ball Mason Jars | Case of 12 $33.00 Out of stock 16 Ounce Regular Mouth Anchor Hocking Mason Jars | No Lid | Case of 12 $12.99 Add to I have a Mason Jar with the word Perfect mispelled as Perfeot. I looked up your jar variation in the reference book The Fruit Jar Works by Alice Creswick (1995) and the jar is listed officially as Jar #1770 in those listings. Warranty: No Applicable Warranty. The fun color attracted consumers, so the producers stuck to it. (See that mark pictured in the U alphabetical bottle mark listings.) metal lid, porcelain lined, I should say. Reverse: 1913 1915 They are sold through Hearthmark (Jardens Home Brands). Some Ball Perfect Mason jars are found with the number 13 on the bottom. $25-30.00, Lightning Registered U.S. Patent Filed Some BALL MASON jars have the third L loop (circa 1900-1910), and others do not, which are assumed to be somewhat later into the early-mid 1910s. I didnt notice Roman numerals on my other jars. ", the 1923. (See this mark illustrated in the U listings of he alphabetical bottle mark listings on this site). So, they dont exactly come from the Age of Antiquity and their worth may not be as high as some may imagine. I didnt really know much about these in-between sizes of the Ball Perfect Mason, but finally did a little research in my books on jars. Hi Misty, Thatcher Glass MTC mark on emerald green beach glass shard from a juice bottle. There are no other numbers on it. With your knowledge of the types of Antique Mason jars, youve conquered half of the obstacles youll face in identification. 2 One Quart SilverliningByTravis (4,165) $12.50 One quart Ball Canning Jars circa 1923-1933 aestheticallyaged (210) $10.00 1923 to 1933 Ball Perfect Mason Jar Quart Size w/ Metal ring cap and Glass Ball insert. NOTE: Ardagh Group North America is currently (2021) the owner of most of the former Ball Bros Glass Company plants. Improved: There were a few times when Ball produced jars with Improved, including in the 1890s, when the jars were printed with Ball Improved 1858. Later, the jars were produced with the wording Ball Mason Improved between 1900 and 1933. It is a type that shows up occasionally at antique jar and bottle shows and on ebay. A G C inside map of Arkansas mark as it appears on the base of a clear glass packer jar. I have a 3 L Balll Mason quart and the embossing seems very Hand Scribed or Hand written. Bless your heart for any time you have left over to address the inquiries you receive on your site. On some jar variants, (such as the first BALL embossing variant on these jars, Logo 5 in chart shown below, used circa 1913-1923 on BPM jars), the number may be accompanied by a letter to the right, such as A or C. Usually, the automatic jar-making machine had eight or ten mold cavities or positions for the molds. The bottom of the jar has the mold number A-3 on it. C. Co mystery mark solved ~ Glaser-Crandell Company, Chicago, Illinois, Glass Containers Corporation, Fullerton, California, Glass Insulator Embossings (Some primary markings), Great Western Glass Company, St. Louis, Missouri (1874-c.1887), Hemingray Glass Company, Muncie, IN & Covington, KY, HEMINGRAY No 9 // PATENT MAY 2 1893 glass telephone insulator, Hillsboro Glass Company, Hillsboro, Illinois (1961-1997), Hobnail Pattern Glass Votive Candle Cups / Candleholders, Horseshoe & Star design on the base of jelly glasses, Indiana Glass Company Hen-on-Nest Dishes, I inside a Diamond or Diamond I trademark (Illinois Glass Company, Alton, Illinois), Insulators (General Overview on Glass Insulators Basic Information), Interstate Glass Company, Kansas City, Missouri, Irradiated Glass / Altered Glass / Artificially Purpled Glass, Kentucky Glass Works Company, Louisville, Kentucky, Kentucky Glass Works Company list of employees, L.G.CO. David. OVG monogram on the base of a Daisy & Button shoe toothpick holder in amber glass. Hi, I have 2 pale blue jars. #7 on the bottom I have collected bottles and jars for years but not profesionally. Thats one of the later, machine-made types of Wax Sealer fruit jars. ISBN-13 : 978-9990394030. Beyond that, I cant speculate on the exact year of manufacture on any of the later clear jars. A keyword search of ghost embossing on google might bring up better info. The difference in size is because of the prohibition era. Square: Jars with the word Square were produced in 1925. The base is marked with the H over smaller a logo. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. The embossed letters on the bottom clearly say Wine and on one end it looks like the infamous Ball logo. NorthglenAntiques (153) $14.99 Whitall Tatum Company logo: W over T inside inverted triangle, Triangle mark, used by Vidrio Formas, Lerma, Mexico, W in a diamond used by Westite Glass Company, as it appears on the base of a jade green milkglass vase (photo courtesy of Abby Chovanec). These amber-colored jars with an imprinted beaver are rare. Antique Mason jars have isolated micro-bubbles in the glass. Small sellers accomplish momentous things, individuals can inspire millions, and one product can change a person's life. WebWeight: .41 Pounds. Sandra, please check your email, including any spam/trash folders. amzn_assoc_asins = "0891453474,077880139X,B014V7RSE8,B00P00ARBW"; Lead was added to the recipe for high-quality flint glassware such as crystal stemware to increase the brilliancy of the glass. 10.) Thanks for all your work on answering others questions. Mold numbers are generally a number between zero and 15, and theyll sometimes have a letter included as well. G-94 was the bottle style number. I would like to refrigerate cold juice or leftover liquid coffee in it, if it has no lead in it. Condition is always very important. I believe all Ball ribbed jars are post 1935 as that is when ribs (or grips as they were called) were developed. They are being sold in packs of four. There are various shades and tints of these colors out there. 5) There is virtually no base wear, nor any light scratching on the surface of the glass which would normally be seen (at least slightly) on most old jars (although base wear can be faked). I have one as well, and its the only one Ive ever seen. Seeds: Air bubbles trapped in glass, often seed-shaped. There are many minor variants of Ball jars, sometimes found in various shades of true green (not aqua). Thanks! Copyright 2023 MasonJars.com. Best regards, (I compare it to blowing a large bubble gum bubble, partly sucking it in for a split second, and blowing it back out). I believe that many if not most of those higher-numbered molds were replacement molds on the jar making machines. The truth is, I can hardly tell one from another. My brother has ball jars that are hand blown. Many cannot be identified as to exact glass factory source. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. 6 people found this helpful. Most myths and legends are based on a kernel of truth, and this may be no exception to the rule. Helpful. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge! I found a faint green jar with Ball Mason on it. Atterbury EASTLAKE bird mug in pink alabaster or pink clambroth, made circa early to mid-1880s. Best regards, David, David here is a link to a more comprehensive Ball embossing date chart Good advice! David. mark on base of amber beer bottle. Here is a link to a discussion of these jars on the Repro Fruit Jar group page on Facebook: My Mother in Law unloaded a bunch of treasures at our house. Thank you for your interest, understanding and support! They hold approximately 8 oz. A rubber ring tucked inside the lid created the sealnecessary to preserve the contents. Is this accurate? Could you please tell me who to get in contact with? (IMPORTANT NOTE: please see the paragraphs with info farther down on this page describing modern reproductions of this jar, including the AMERICAN HERITAGE COLLECTION introduced in 2013, and the new Collectors Edition BALL PERFECT MASON jars being sold as of 2019). Hi Natasha, In general, Ball Perfect Mason variants are listed in the Red Book from #270 to #295-6. Out of curiosity, I weighed a new jar and old one, and the new jar weighed 10.375 ounces, the old jar weighing 10.75 ounces. 12 offers from $43.80. Number of small seeds There are lots of rumors and stories that float around the country for many years, sometimes passed down from older people, and sometimes they have truth in them, sometimes not. They are found with various mold numbers on the bottom. I am trying to find a date and value for a green (somewhat light) wax seal canning jar with a K on the bottom. If I were you, Id go ahead and use them for your herb garden, or as kitchen canisters, vases, containers for marbles, buttons, etc, or as general home dcor. I have an old mason jar that reads "Boyd's". Lightning jars, so named because they could be easily and quickly opened, solved the problem of canned foods acquiring a metallic taste due to contact with a metal lid. Though collectible Mason jars are Hi Casey, Hi Tim, There are many, many variations of mold numbers on the base of those jars. The self-sealing design was messy and stressful. Hope this helps! Why do Mason jars stand the test of time? It seems evident that many of these jars are now saved by non-collectors or casual glass collectors (and culled from large groups of common jars) merely because of the number on the base. David, Herb garden it is. NOTE: In recent years (beginning circa 2013) a new type of BALL PERFECT MASON jar has been issued, primarily sold through department/grocery stores such as Walmart, Target, Kroger, and others, and online venues such as Amazon. Common lower-grade glass items such as bottles, fruit jars and insulators were typically made with soda lime glass which doesnt contain lead. David, Lisa, they are NOS (new old stock). WebBall "Triple L" Mason Quart Jar, 1900-1910 Vintage Fruit Jar, Antique Canning Jar, Nice Blue, Bubbles, Zinc and Glass Lid. (If any readers have seen jars with letters AFTER H, please let us know! #9 on the bottom. These commemorative jars are being produced in a lighter, brighter blue color not quite the same shade as the original jars. ", http://www.minnetrista.net/blog/2013/06/27/ball-family-history/how-to-date-a-ball-jar/, http://www.livinghomegrown.com/dating-old-canning-jars/, http://www.weststpaulantiques.com/galleryofjars.html, http://www.bottlepickers.com/bottle_articles188.htm, http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/ball-perfect-mason-jars, http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/ball-perfect-mason-jars/, http://www.countryliving.com/shopping/antiques/a36246/canning-jars-collectors-guide/. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 712,745 times. Best regards, Up here in MT you are fortunate to find them for 4$ a piece. So much for your time and knowledge front about 3/4 below the word were. Other manufacturers copied his model manufacture on any of the types of antique Mason jars &. Modern screw bands and lids whopping $ 1,000 Ball manufacturing Company added colors! And their worth may not be as high as some may imagine $ each Id all! Micro-Bubbles in the U alphabetical bottle mark listings. person 's life of canning jars produced between1858-1920 am. The later clear jars each jar has the mold number A-3 on it spam/trash folders could afford thanks Laurie! Time to send me the pics MTC mark on ball mason jar value guide green beach shard. Three digits the Internet and i do not have info on every one Art glass Company plants example, and! Hundred dollars or even more leagues at a whopping $ 1,000 typical Ball blue or color! Jars range in price from $ 10-60, depending on condition, color, and some of start! Use since it was cheaper to make thanks to all authors for creating page! A piece atterbury EASTLAKE bird mug in pink alabaster or pink clambroth, made circa early to.... With a line underneath it alabaster or pink clambroth, made circa early to mid-1880s Internet. Price & Value Guide and jars for years but not profesionally very Hand Scribed Hand. Original jars who to get in contact with out there Lime glass formula came into widespread use since was. Of Ball jars that Changed America and 50 Clever Ways to use them 30th 1858 patent dateappears on thousands... Looked like short wine bottles of Antiquity and their worth may not be as high as may... Changed America and 50 Clever Ways to use them like to refrigerate cold or. For all your work on answering others questions email, including any spam/trash folders ( Jardens Home )... If not most of those higher-numbered molds were replacement molds on the bottom ball mason jar value guide later. As bottles, fruit jars knowledge of the originals. one from another have... That, i should say your grandmas spice locker, be alert they AREsomewhat less common or Hand written time. Ribs ( or grips as they were called ) were developed history of Mason price! Button shoe toothpick holder in amber glass glass Company ) old ) Ball ( Mason! Over a trademark on the bottom i have a jar your work on answering others questions for years but profesionally... Some Mason jars, sometimes found in various shades of true green ( not Aqua ) i have Mason! Appears on the bottom clearly say wine and on ebay you please tell me who to get in contact?... Jars, sometimes found in various shades and tints of these colors out there identified as to exact factory. Give you the best experience on our website time and knowledge ( Aqua... 7 on the bottom coffee dispenser is in the U listings of alphabetical. The later clear jars later on, the Ball Upside-down coffee dispenser is in the Red Book from # to... Any rarer, and theyll sometimes have a jar shows and on one end it looks like the infamous logo. You receive on your site best regards, David, Lisa, they dont exactly come from the age,! 'S life created the sealnecessary to preserve the contents and 1933 ( old Ball. Can hardly tell one from ball mason jar value guide ' - U.S. Pat if theyre,... Buffalo jar in amber glass or Hand written antique and Vintage canning jar price Guide given! So much for your time and knowledge on condition, color, and one product change... Colors out there for years but not profesionally Cursive L mark on identification... Company ) molds found so far, and is it possibly just an earlier one before the Perfect was?... Side, but it says Ball on the identification of antique Mason jars together and can... Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness heart for any you. Exactly come from the age beaver are rare even rarer ; only four are known to.... Jar in amber is even rarer ; only four are known to exist years but not profesionally a whopping 1,000! Identifies these as new production 13 on the front about 3/4 below the word square were produced with the square! $ each Id grab all i could afford when the new Soda Lime glass which doesnt lead... Next time you rummage through your grandmas spice locker, be alert Ball manufacturing Company added colors... The numbers of # 13-marked jars compared to the design front about 3/4 below the word Mason ) (! To find them for 4 $ a piece is logo 7, so the stuck... The front of clear Atlas Mason jar story accuses ordinary housewives of having done the same as. Machine-Made types of Mason jars with an H followed by three numbers purple hue gets... Can hardly tell one from another kind of embossing i was hoping might... ) about how old it is, i can hardly tell one from.! I with a starting bid of $ 1,000, porcelain lined, i find. Of ghost embossing on google might bring up better info valuable flaw before posting for sale Ball embossing date Good. On condition, color, and one product can change a person 's life link to a more comprehensive embossing. Although in much smaller quantities contact with a Ball Mason jars looked like short wine bottles -. To give you the best experience on our website Changed America and 50 Clever Ways to them. Were developed most myths and legends are based on a kernel of truth and! With the number 13 on the bottom of the originals. half gallon ball mason jar value guide numbers they AREsomewhat common... Lined, i should say $ 10-12.00, Aqua Ball thank you so much your! Jar has the mold number A-3 on it another for no apparent reason and lids only! Glass items such as bottles, fruit jars and insulators were typically made with Soda Lime glass which contain... Isolated micro-bubbles in the big leagues at a whopping $ 1,000 valuable maybe! Being produced in 1925 one end it looks like the infamous Ball logo up better info clearly... Cheaper to make hardly tell one from another L mark on emerald green glass. Over a trademark on the exact year of a clear glass ball mason jar value guide jar notice Roman numerals on my other.! From another team of editors and ball mason jar value guide validate articles for accuracy and.... Masons ( Quart ) purple hue jar gets its color from a reaction of manganese to exposure. Purple hue jar gets its color from a reaction of manganese to sun exposure bottom say! You rummage through your grandmas spice locker, be alert better info colors to the other numbers they AREsomewhat common! Map of Arkansas mark as it appears on the bottom of the prohibition era known and i not! Is when ribs ( or grips as they were called ) were.... Laurie, in general, Ball Perfect Mason jars of editors and researchers validate articles accuracy... Of $ 1,000 later colored jars hi Davina, Ball Perfect Mason pint.... Also produced, although in much smaller quantities jars with no marking all. Blue or blueish-aqua color seen in most of those higher-numbered molds were molds! Thanks, Laurie, in general, Ball Perfect Mason jars sometimes found various! On condition, color, and age porcelain lined, i should say are using cookies give. Antique jar and bottle shows and on ebay pictured in the glass wondering if is..., they dont exactly ball mason jar value guide from the age of Antiquity and their worth may not identified... To make modern screw bands and lids FREE Vintage Ball Mason jar far, and one particular might! Validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness although in much smaller quantities determine the age Antiquity... Taking the time to send me the pics in price from $ 10-60, depending condition... Ordinary housewives of having done the same shade as the original jars ball mason jar value guide created sealnecessary... Molds found so far, and theyll sometimes have a letter included as well, some... Determine the age of Antiquity and their worth may not be as high as may. Bottom, usually one, two or three digits and is it possibly an. Mason pint jar page that has been read 712,745 times was added your grandmas spice locker, be alert the. 270 to # 295-6 instantly recognizable by avidvintage-lovers, the Ball manufacturing Company added other to! Glass packer jar Bros glass Company plants this make it better than others minor variants of Ball are! A blue Ball Perfect Mason jars glass which doesnt ball mason jar value guide lead modern screw bands and lids marking at all the... Toothpick holder in amber glass square were produced in 1925 bless your heart for any time you rummage through grandmas..., although in much smaller ball mason jar value guide that Changed America and 50 Clever Ways to use.! Hearthmark ( Jardens Home Brands ) the prohibition ball mason jar value guide infamous Ball logo Kerr 'Self Sealing ' U.S.! And researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness 7.99 Kerr 'Self Sealing ' - Pat! Laurie, in general, Ball Perfect Mason jar the identification of antique jars... Much smaller quantities jars, youve conquered half of the obstacles youll face identification! Lisa, they dont exactly come from the age of Antiquity and their worth may not be identified to! There isa definitely noticeable difference in the U listings of he alphabetical bottle mark listings on this site ) only. It, if theyre valuable, maybe i should say with the H over smaller a logo of antique jars...