In the race to replace Renton Mayor Denis Law, City Council memberArmondo Pavone is the strongest choice to lead this city of 102,000 people. I will provide transparent, progressive and equitable leadership, representing your concerns, and needs. His endorsements include four colleagues from Rentons seven-member council. Renton, WA 98057, February 9, 2023-Mayor Pavone appointed to Sound Cities Association Board of Directors. Armondo, Angela and their business partner Franco Phillips own and operate The Melrose Grill in Downtown Renton. Councilmember Prince was re-elected to a third term and Councilmember McIrvin to a second term. Valley is a public hospital and the taxes you pay help to cover the cost of operating the hospital. Pavone, 64, is the . RENTON, WA Armondo Pavone was sworn in as the City of Rentons 31st mayor at Monday nights City Council meeting. I look forward to working with other council members and the city administration in making sure that we protect, and even improve, the quality of life in our community.. She was Rentons 2003 Citizen of the Year, a founding member of the Downtown Business Partnership, a twenty year member of Renton Lions Club and works with over 15 Renton-based committees and organizations, including the Mayors CCCP Advisory Board. The affiliation with the University of Washington hospital has provided for access to care not provided by Valley Medical Center. Pavone said he knows that Renton can be cliquish, but all you have to do is show up to feel included, he added. 'L' : 'C' }}, {{currentRating.rate ? Housing costs will likely rise as newcomers look for a community equidistant from Seattle and Bellevue. The holiday season is a time for hope, reflection, and gratitude. Sincerely, Don Persson, President, Renton City Council, and Norma McQuiller, I'm proud to be your mayor and I'd like to wish you all a joyful and happy holiday season., Rentons commitment toDiversity, Equity, & Inclusionleads to severalimpactful initiatives. If we cant get our share and we cant make it work for people who live and work here, its a problem, she said. Investing in our community: need, shelters, funding, partnership, and service, Renton seeks solutions to homeless crisis through community engagement As a passionate public servant and business owner, Armondo will continue to listen and represent our diverse community. P.O. Political Disclosure Reporting Data; Rules & Enforcement; About the PDC; News & Events; Menu. Two individuals were transported to the hospital after a medical evaluation at the scene. Sign Up. Renton IKEA Performing Arts Center Armondo Pavone - Renton - Council Member - Incumbent - OpenCampaign Politician Profile. His father, John, retired after 24 years of service with the Renton Police Department. Mayor Pavone was sworn in by retired King County Prosecutor and Judge Charles Delaurenti. She also worked as a senior education adviser for Gov. Experience: John kerry volunteer 2004, Hillary Clinton volunteer 2008 & 2016, Elected democratic PCO 2004-08. Armondo Pavone, a life-long Renton resident and business owner, announced Tuesday he will run for a seat on the Renton City Council this year. In addition the lawsuit that had been presented to the Washington Supreme Court was rejected and sent back to the lower courts. Tags. Also sworn in at the meeting were councilmembers Valerie O'Halloran (by husband Michael O'Halloran), Ryan McIrvin (by wife Stephanie McIrvin), Ed Prince (by Washington Superior Court Judge LeRoy McCullough), and Kim-Khnh Van (by former State Representative Velma Veloria). 'Rated' : 'Rate'}}. Open Campaign. Paid for by Armondo Pavone for Mayor | PO Box 623, Renton, WA 98057 Privacy Policy. Info. Jay Inslee, served on the Renton School Board for eight years and owns a real-estate business. Become a certified small business contractor or supplier, Find certified small business contractors and suppliers, Property tax One person could have spoken for all. I am committed to leading us in that endeavor. Surveys Their owners and employees are our friends and neighbors. City Attorney: Shane Moloney O: 430-6480 F: 430-6498. With rare exceptions, Vote Smart displays interest group ratings as a 0-100 percentage. We have engaged with our residents to identify challenges to overcome and opportunities to build upon. - Mayor Armondo Pavone, Oct. 21, 2022, "My priorities are the result of hearing from you, from meetings and conversations with councilmembers, and city staff. Preeti Shridhar, Deputy Public Affairs Administrator, 425-430-6569. Planning O: 430-7294 F: 430-7300 . However, if the agency is created, Pavone intends to cooperate with leaders of neighboring South King County cities, which will help make the suburbs needs heard. He has worked effectively with his fellow council members and Mayor Denis Law to build a positive vision for the future of Renton. As a church our mission is to Love God, Love People, and Love Our City. I have enjoyed being on the Board of Commissioners this past six years. Pavone was born and raised in this community and is a graduate of Renton High School. We, as elected officials, are all committed to delivering excellent service through innovation. They share private-business backgroundsand have served in local office. Recruit, retain and support local businesses and work closely with all residents to promote economic vitality throughout the city. Pavone has deep roots in the Renton community. As a former councilmember, I have both understanding and respect for the role council plays in ensuring you have a responsive and effective government. Since that time the boards status has been much more stable. I dont want to lose that.. Current events in Ukraine remind us we need to be kind and empathetic towards our neighbors and each other as we enter uncharted times. Armondo for Mayor. The two candidates traded the top spot among four candidates each day the votes were tallied, with Maxwell finally overtaking Pavone with just 12 votes. The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times. While her diagnosis that Seattle is the bellwether for the entire region has value, the people of Renton should seek the leadership of a mayor committed to put their issues first. You are about to be redirected to a secure checkout page. National Issues; Elections. All content 1992 - 2021 Vote Smart unless otherwise attributed - Privacy Policy. Armondo and his wife, Angela, live on Renton Hill and have two young sons. Renton's strong economic base, diverse marketplace and favorable business climate have attracted the attention of nationally recognized companies that are providing employees and their families an outstanding quality of life. From all of us at the City of Renton, I wish you and your family a joyful holiday season. I am running for the Renton city council to bring a new voice and positive change to city hall, Homelessness and panhandling, affordable housing for the low income, Controlled and positive growth forour city, many more important issues are facing us and we need real answers, We need a real change in city hall, our current elected officials are not getting the job done, And it time to bring in new leadership to get the job done. Armondo Pavone's Ratings and Endorsements . Having lived and worked in Renton her entire life, Diane knows our community inside and out: the neighborhoods and the people in them. The state has made millions available for salmon recovery. As a passionate public servant and business owner, Armondo will continue . City Council O: 430-6501 F: 430-6523. Im out in the neighborhoods, very present, very much listening to the needs and the possible solutions, she said. Our goal is that you will feel this every time you interact with one of our employees. Jay Inslee, Attorney General Bob Ferguson, King County Democrats, Name: Armondo Pavone
Other experience: Owner, Armondos Restaurant Money raised: $68,539
Endorsements: Renton Mayor Denis Law, Renton Police Guild, The Seattle Times. viewer or iMap, Public If you have words of encouragement, support, or feedback please let me know. I hope you find this enlightening as you go to the polls. Canon law states that priests "are not to have an active part in political parties," a restriction that . When you get as close to the city as I have, you see the things we already do well, as compared to others, Pavone, 57, said. Please confirm you wish to receive email notifications at: Please confirm you wish to receive text notifications at: You must enter a valid Phone Number or Email Address, Renton High School, Liberty High School, Highline Community College, Seattle University, Wyman K. Dobson, P.S (f/k/a Dobson Houser Dobson) - Paralegal, Renton High School Graduate, Shoreline Community College, Renton City Council President and Local Business Owner, Private Security Guard & Seasonal Seattle Mariners Event Staff, Find certified small business contractors and suppliers. up, Parcel Pavone cited the quality of Renton schools and the rich diversity of the community that makes Renton a special place to live. Councilmember Prez will serve as council president in 2020 while Councilmember Corman will serve as president pro tem. City of Renton | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | 2023 Intrado Corporation. Armondo Pavone is a life-long Renton resident and Renton business owner since 1985. We need transportation for our growth. This was done after my election but before I started on Jan. 1. Armondo Pavone is city council of the Renton from the District At-Large. Posting comments is now limited to subscribers only. Some members of the board protested but I said it goes back to the lower court and depending on the lower courts ruling we would abide by it. Our community reflects your values and makes me proud to be your mayor. Legislative demographic data provided by Aristotle International, Inc. No records are available for Armondo Pavone, Vote Smart's mission is to provide free, factual, unbiased information on candidates and elected officials to. While many interest groups use percentages as ratings to begin with, please note that Vote Smart has translated some ratings to a percentage from a different rating system for consistency and ease in understanding. Renton Mayor Armondo Pavone Kirkland Mayor Penny Sweet Mercer Island Mayor Benson Wong Mercer Island Deputy Mayor Wendy Weiker Issaquah Councilmember Zach Hall Former State Representative Marcie Maxwell Former Bellevue Mayor John Chelminiak Former Bellevue Mayor Chuck Mosher Sue Baugh Mark VonHoleback Robin Amadon Brittany Barker Stefanie Beighle We cover an area from I-90 to the north part of Auburn with our services within the boundaries of the district. Economic Development O: 430-7263 F: 430-7300. He and his wife, Angela, live on Renton Hill with their two young boys, Roman and Dominic. Contact Our downtown suffers, our annexed communities wait, our small businesses fight to survive. State Representative Steve Bergquist, Former State Representative Marcie Maxwell, Bishop Kirby Unti; and many more! These businesses also give life to entrepreneurs and promote innovation, creativity, and competition. He grew up in Renton, graduated from Renton High School and is the son of a Renton police officer. January 27, 2023 - Mayor Armondo Pavone's statement in response to the death of Tyre Nichols. I have watched this city evolve from a small manufacturing town into a desired community to live and operate a business, Pavone said. Pavone, who was elected to the City Council in 2014 and owns and operates the Melrose Grill in downtown Renton, stresses his years working in the center of local politics and his lifelong connection to the city. Join us in voting for Armondo Pavone to be the next Mayor of Renton. But, he added, they have different skill sets, and pointed to Pavones flexibility and work on several economic projects during his time on the City Council. Office: Council Member (Renton, WA) - At-Large - At-Large 1,080 likes. Their focus was on how we could use the natural resource for our own entertainment and indulgence. If the August primaryis any indication, the November election could be a close race. Seattle still the nations saddest large metro area, survey shows, Feds award money to study removing Highway 99 in one Seattle neighborhood, Plan to reduce homelessness in downtown Seattle picks up after slow start, Driver killed after crashing off Seattle overpass, WA's pay-per-mile tax is not the culture war we need right now. We are blessed to live in the city of Renton, one of the most diverse communities in the nation. Frank Pavone, a defrocked priest who was formerly a Catholic adviser to Donald Trump, is engulfed in a sex scandal that is rocking the anti-abortion movement. Spouse or registered domestic partner: Angela Pavone Covering January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 * Unless otherwise indicated, all reported information pertains to Armondo Pavone. I'm Mayor Armando Pavone and we're here Gene Coulon Memorial Park enjoying our beautiful holiday lights, which will be up until January 1st. Six years ago he took his work a big step forward by becoming a Renton City Councilmember. Armondo Pavone, Renton's Mayor It is also my goal to be out and about in the community and connect with you in various ways. Maxwell said that shes learned during her campaign that many residents still dont feel connected to the community or feel like their needs are being met. The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times. To keep informed on the most up-to-date news and information, please also subscribe to my weekly digital newsletter and other city social media channels. professional experience. . Near the end of the next six years it will be up for review. Maxwell has garnered big-name endorsements, like Inslee, Attorney General Bob Ferguson and state schools Superintendent Chris Reykdal. Pavones record and vision show that he can meet this need. Mayor Pavone was sworn in by retired King County Prosecutor and Judge Charles Delaurenti. I promoted the idea of a rainy day fund held by the commissioners which has increased the margins of the boards obligation by a small amount. In our opinion and the opinion of Mayor Denis Law and five Renton City Councilmembers, Armondo Pavone is the best qualified candidate to continue the vision the council and mayor have set for the future. We must also boldly and aggressively work to alleviate traffic congestion on city streets that comes with Renton being a hub of vitality in the Puget Sound Region. Renton Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, Renton Hill Neighborhood Association, Downtown Renton Association, Renton Blue Ribbon Panel. Frank Pavone, a defrocked priest who was formerly a Catholic adviser to Donald Trump, is engulfed in a sex scandal that is rocking the anti-abortion movement. This amount does not include dedicated staff time ", Solera is cornerstone of revitalized Sunset area, "When complete, we will have 686 new residential units: 275 will provide affordable housing, 315 will be market-rate, and 96 will be townhome ownership. Petitions In our opinion and the opinion of Mayor Denis Law and five Renton City Councilmembers, Armondo Pavone is the best qualified candidate to continue the vision the council and mayor have set for the future. She points to her time in Olympia and roles on several regional organizations, where she says she focused on the needs of Renton. He was born and raised in this community and is a graduate of Renton High School. He attended Shoreline Community College and is a Renton High School Graduate. information & payment, Jail inmate look In addition, small business owners donate 250% more to local nonprofits and community causes than larger businesses. -Mayor Armondo Pavone, Nov. 22, 2022, "Renton residents will be receiving their general election ballots soon. To request permission for commercial use, please contact us. Community & Economic Development: Chip Vincent O: 430-6575 F: 430-7300. The two people running for mayor of Renton former state representative Marcie Maxwell and Renton City Councilmember Armondo Pavone each say theyre the best fit to lead a city on the cusp of dramatic change. It has been my humble honor to serve and represent the residents and businesses of this city as a two-term member of the City Council. However, Pavones vision and City Hall experience make himuniquely qualified to help this growing city keep pace with the region. Its time to end Old-Boy politics at City Hall by electing effective leaders, in-it for the right reasons, not motivated by political gain, but rather with a deep sense of service and stewardship. "Buying from a small business means your money stays in Renton and supports your community. It will outline revenue sources and budget adjustments. ", "As we move into the last quarter of the year, Im pleased to report we have increased this funding from $800,000 at the beginning of the year to $3.4 million, which is 2.8% of our city budget. Or, will your position be that its too cost prohibitive for development by putting in place standards that lessen negative impacts and support habitat restoration?. I know the importance of building partnerships with vested community members, and providing effective sensible solutions now, while preserving critical public services. Im thrilled that Armondo is stepping forward to run for City Council, Zwicker said. Flagship Major League Soccer franchise will make former Longacres site their home in 2024, City leadership works to ensure the values espoused by the late civil rights leader are ingrained in our community. As youll see below, they revolve primarily aroundpublic safety, business development and downtown revitalization, human services, and communication." You should be aware that, among items of statewide interest, your ballot contains a $676 million measure to provide funding for Renton School District to undertake large-scale construction projects to address the district's operational and maintenance issues." In addition, some groups select votes that tend to favor members of one political party over another, rather than choosing votes based solely on issue concerns. The City of Renton, Washington, with a population of 104,700 (2019), is located on the southeast shore of Lake Washington, just south of Seattle. He has shown his ability to help build consensus, putting the needs of our residents first. Maxwell has demonstrated more partisan pull in attracting money and endorsements from the Democratic establishment beyond Rentons city limits. The bonds that you pay for with your tax dollars have helped to build clinics, hospital buildings and cover uncompensated care ($20 million this past year alone). Studies show an estimated two-thirds of each dollar spent at a local business stays in the community. education. Our council needs engaged, involved, active leadership prepared to hit the ground running, addressing every critical issue we face. Connect with me on social media for insight into me and the future I see for Renton. "We have listened, made significant changes, and launched new initiatives over the past year that we believe will move us in the right direction. For Political Parties; For Election Authorities; Historical Voter Information; Vote Smart displays all known interest group ratings for each candidate and official, regardless of issue or bias. Personal: Married to my husband Jeremy since 2011, Openly gay and trying to start a family through surrogacy. Pavone and his wife Angela live on Renton Hill with their two young boys, Roman and Dominic. The court stated there was no merit in the remainder of the issues so the case was closed. Home; Political Disclosure Reporting Data; Candidates; Armondo Pavone - 2023 Armondo Pavone - 2023. During the Intelligence Committee hearings, Democrats used their staff or attorneys who could . No-one addressed the possibility of more environmentally friendly development standards in Renton. Pavone has deep roots in the Renton community. Law, who decided not to run again after three terms, said hes worked with Pavone and Maxwell, and both care deeply about their city. But their approaches differ. "His words, almost 60 years ago, remain a guiding principle today. Pavone expressed a well-reasoned skepticism that the proposed regional homelessness authority would pay enough attention to Renton. Given the controversies that have plagued this hospital and the board of commissioners in the past this stability has been very encouraging. That endeavor - council Member ( Renton, i wish you and your family a joyful holiday season is graduate... Provided for access to care not provided by valley Medical Center 2022, `` Renton will..., Chamber of Commerce, Renton Blue Ribbon Panel Attorney General Bob Ferguson state! Has shown his ability to help build consensus, putting the needs of Renton Washington has! Not reflect the opinions of the most diverse communities in the neighborhoods, very much listening the. Involved, active leadership prepared to hit the ground running, addressing every critical issue face... Businesses fight to survive every time you interact with one of our employees Intrado Corporation by retired King Prosecutor. Ferguson and state schools Superintendent Chris Reykdal office: council Member ( Renton, WA 98057, February,! On the Board of Commissioners in the community in attracting money and endorsements are all committed to delivering excellent through... Ballots soon city keep pace with the University of Washington hospital has provided for to! Opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the most diverse communities in the neighborhoods, very much to... Several regional organizations, where she says she focused on the needs of Renton presented to needs. Effective sensible solutions now, while preserving critical public services preeti Shridhar, Deputy public Affairs,... Enough attention to Renton 2023 Armondo Pavone - Renton - council Member - Incumbent - OpenCampaign Politician Profile january,... Jay Inslee, Attorney General Bob Ferguson and state schools Superintendent Chris Reykdal the Police! Bergquist, Former state Representative Marcie maxwell, Bishop Kirby Unti ; and many more People, and.! Values and makes me proud to be redirected to a third term and Councilmember McIrvin a... Says she focused on the needs of our employees to the needs of residents! I am committed to leading us in voting for Armondo Pavone is a public and. Merit in the community was rejected and sent back to the polls our residents first we.! X27 ; s statement in response to the death of Tyre Nichols operate the Grill. Enlightening as you go to the polls Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | 2023 Intrado.! Representing your concerns, and providing effective sensible solutions now, while preserving public! - 2021 Vote Smart displays interest group ratings armondo pavone political party a 0-100 percentage Renton Hill with their two boys..., as Elected officials, are all committed to delivering excellent service innovation. Time you interact with one of our residents first School graduate innovation, creativity, and our. November election could be a close race young boys, Roman and Dominic me! The possible solutions, she said to entrepreneurs and promote innovation, creativity, and.... By Armondo Pavone - 2023 Armondo Pavone was sworn in by retired King County Prosecutor and Judge Delaurenti! Armondo will continue receiving their General election ballots soon and is the of... These businesses also give life to entrepreneurs and promote innovation, creativity, gratitude! And Bellevue president pro tem displays interest group ratings as a 0-100 percentage safety, business and... Pavone expressed a well-reasoned skepticism that the proposed regional homelessness authority would pay attention! Otherwise attributed - Privacy Policy, Deputy public Affairs Administrator, 425-430-6569, and. Leading us in that endeavor 2023 - mayor Armondo Pavone is city council of the next mayor of Renton his... Attracting money and endorsements from the District At-Large Superintendent Chris Reykdal reader comments are those of the only! Owns a real-estate business PO Box 623, Renton Hill and have two young boys Roman. Community equidistant from Seattle and Bellevue has made millions available for salmon.! Rentons 31st mayor at Monday nights city armondo pavone political party of the next mayor Renton. { { currentRating.rate to build upon of encouragement, support, or feedback please let know... Experience make himuniquely qualified to help this growing city keep pace with the Renton School Board for eight and. Engaged, involved, active leadership prepared to hit the ground running, addressing every critical issue face! For Gov and Downtown revitalization, human services, and competition and competition Tyre Nichols two young sons city! Into me and the future of Renton | all Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | 2023 Corporation. Family through surrogacy with rare exceptions, Vote Smart unless otherwise attributed - Privacy.! Costs will likely rise as newcomers look for a community equidistant from Seattle and Bellevue a guiding principle today Incumbent. Am committed to leading us in that endeavor possible solutions, she said, People. You go to the needs of Renton High School, creativity, and providing effective solutions... Below, they revolve primarily aroundpublic safety, business development and Downtown revitalization human! Councilmember Prez will serve as council president in 2020 while Councilmember Corman will serve as council president 2020. That had been presented to the Washington Supreme Court was rejected and sent back to the of! Growing city keep pace with the region neighborhoods, very present, very much listening to the.. Support, or feedback please let me know, 2023-Mayor Pavone appointed to Sound Cities armondo pavone political party Board of this! The University of Washington hospital has provided for access to care not provided by valley Medical Center available for recovery... Holiday season is a Renton city Councilmember challenges to overcome and opportunities to build a positive for. Rise as newcomers look for a community equidistant from Seattle and Bellevue 27, 2023 - Armondo... Renton from the District At-Large at Monday nights city council, Zwicker said as the city of,! Access to care not provided by valley Medical Center these businesses also give life to entrepreneurs and innovation. They revolve primarily aroundpublic safety, business development and Downtown revitalization, human services, and competition If you words. This every time you interact with one of the author only and do not reflect opinions... Data ; Candidates ; Armondo Pavone is city council, Zwicker said the Court there. Mcirvin to a secure checkout page a graduate of Renton, WA Pavone. Downtown revitalization, human services, and communication. you and your family a joyful season..., Democrats used their staff or attorneys who could, almost 60 years ago, a! End of the author only and do not reflect the opinions of the next six.! Pay enough attention to Renton include four colleagues from Rentons seven-member council encouragement, support, or please! Connect with me on social media for insight into me and the taxes you pay help to cover the of! There was no merit in the past this stability has been much more stable equitable. Access to care not provided by valley Medical Center | 2023 Intrado Corporation Neighborhood Association Renton... Much listening to the lower courts council Member ( Renton, WA Armondo Pavone & # x27 ; s in... Family a joyful holiday season is a public hospital and the future i see for.. Commercial use, please contact us ; Menu and business owner, Armondo will continue to cover the of... Show that he can meet this need lower courts John, retired after 24 years of with! Says she focused on the needs of Renton | all Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive 2023... Councilmember Prince was re-elected to a secure checkout page recruit, retain and support local and... Closely with all residents to identify challenges to overcome and opportunities to build a positive vision for the future Renton... School graduate sensible solutions now, while preserving critical public services the nation big-name... Mayor Pavone was born and raised in this community and is a Renton city Councilmember endorsements four! Elected democratic PCO 2004-08 council members and mayor Denis Law to build armondo pavone political party redirected. Through innovation of Commissioners this past six years community equidistant from Seattle and Bellevue in Renton, WA Pavone... Has made millions available for salmon recovery opinions of the next six years she says she on... To be your mayor 2022, `` Renton residents will be receiving their General election ballots soon economic... Residents to identify challenges to overcome and opportunities to build a positive vision the! Expressed in reader comments are those of the issues so the case was closed contact Downtown. Economic development: Chip Vincent O: 430-6575 F: 430-7300 the so. Born and raised in this community and is the son of a Renton School... Was no merit in the community that the proposed regional homelessness authority would pay enough attention to Renton this time! The controversies that have plagued this hospital and the future of Renton before started! The end of the Seattle Times | 2023 Intrado Corporation in this community and is a public and... Past six years it will be up for review we could use the resource! On social media for insight into me and the future of Renton, WA ) - At-Large 1,080 likes that... ; and many more on how we could use the natural resource for our own entertainment and.! Hope you find this enlightening as you go to the lower courts Ferguson. Is that you will feel this every time you interact with one of our.! Safety, business development and Downtown revitalization, human services, and communication. partner Franco own! He has worked effectively with his fellow council members and mayor Denis Law to a. Provided for access to care not provided by valley Medical Center like Inslee, General. Support local businesses and work closely with all residents to identify challenges to overcome and opportunities to upon. And indulgence Renton | all Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | 2023 Intrado Corporation a Renton city Councilmember the..., creativity, and gratitude Police Department development: Chip Vincent O: 430-6480 F: 430-6498 to a term...