They havent decided yet. ]]> LS: When looking back at a year, one can identify one or two papers in their field that stand out as landmark papers. Improve the chances of your manuscripts acceptance by learning how to prepare a manuscript for journal submission and handle the peer review process. How to handle a seriously unresponsive journal? The aim of the session was to explain the editorial, peer-review and publishing process within the Nature Portfolio journals. Also going to the local bar a try to pick up the hottest human being there and get laughs to your face. What are examples of software that may be seriously affected by a time jump? This is more confusing as generally, 'Manuscript Under consideration' means that the editor is considering the manuscript for peer review. Does it mean that the original reviewers are now not accessible anymore? Another update: I got an update from the editor finally after email her asking what it really means. Does Cosmic Background radiation transmit heat? Authors often worry that papers posted on a preprint server would be disqualified from consideration at Nature Portfolio journals. Does "Under Review" mean that the paper has passed the editorial check? Of course, one cannot be sure, but I think your paper stands a fair chance of being sent for peer review. [CDATA[> Share your stories! LS: I dont care who you are, or where youre from. Now let it go and wait doing experiments and get use to rejection. HANDBOOK: Keep calm and wait: A guide to understanding journal statuses. PIs gone AWOL? Authors will need to send a request ([email protected]) for a waiver or a discount at the time of submission (or transfer) to the journal. This has always been the case, even though there is sometimes confusion about it. No, Modified on: Mon, 5 Sep, 2022 at 6:52 PM. [CDATA[> If it goes for review, then it will For most of our journals the corresponding author can track the article online. All their content is published open-access and reaches a wide audience. this is editorial consideration. The status of the manuscript says 'Reviewers Assigned' for about 24 days. Just want to clarify, that this question is specific to the editorial process of 'Nature Communications' which is not usual and not related to generalized peer review process. I think the online submission system is very similar to other journals, so I thought someone might help me to understad Because three countries are just not enough, in 2016 I moved to London, UK, where I have been working since, first as one of the launching editors of Nature Astronomy and currently on secondment with the Nature publishing team, working on the transition of the Nature Portfolio to open access. Thank you, So, the present status may mean that the EiC now needs to make a decision based on the peer review comments or on the revised manuscript. Areas [CDATA[> A list of links to the Manuscript Tracking System login pages for each journal is available on the Nature Portfolio Journals A-Z webpage. gebirgsziege on Wed Jun 27 07:39:58 2012 said: 1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved. What happens after your manuscript is accepted. Why does Jesus turn to the Father to forgive in Luke 23:34. The editorial process is iterative and highly subjective. Or it just means that an editor is evaluating it? [CDATA[> Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Decision pending means that the decision is pending. However, if the status has been showing under consideration for a long time, there is a possibility that the editor is trying to find peer reviewers for the paper. If you are interested in being a Guest Contributor, please contact us via email: [email protected]. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Life of a new Assistant Professor in Kyoto, Under Consideration vs. Under Editorial Consideration, Becoming independent from semi-independent, Start teaching to grad students in 20minutes. Magdalena is a geneticist by training and has considerable editorial and publishing experience: having started in Nature Publishing Group in 2001, she was Chief Editor of Nature Reviews Genetics, Senior Editor for genetics and genomics at Nature, and more recently Executive Editor for the Nature Partner Journals.