turf australian slang

sod (feminine singular soda, plural sodi), sodn (definite singular sodet, indefinite plural sod, definite plural soda), Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary, The Empire, in particular, was always thick with, Beer, if it be over-new, or over-stale, over-strong, or not, And Mart the cook the shovel took / And swung the damper to and fro. cheese and kisses. doindonuts in maute! Forty And Fabulous Quotes, It is now rarely used because it is considered derogatory. short (or long in this case) for the name Gary. Thats the best Ive heard for donkeys years. Submitted by Definitions include: the area of a city with a concentration of businesses that cater to a largely homosexual client base. This means that there are 19 expressions identified as Australian slang, plus the two rhyming slang expressions. Australians arent in the habit of cooking small people a shrimp refers to a yabby (or more simply, a prawn). Look up Aussie slang phrases and words youll only hear in Australia in our Aussie Slang Dictionary. Webturf slang 1. noun An area in which one has expertise or familiarity. No matter what Aussie city you visit, from Melbourne to Victoria, most likely you will hear at least a dozen of the following phrases since all Australian phrases are not restricted to a specific region and are universally used across the country. You must speak a different Aussie dialect (Im sure they exist!). Dont TRY to use STRAYAN because you will find you are way off and just embarrassing for yourself. WebThat was a gnarly wave! Do Men Still Wear Button Holes At Weddings? Gum boots or Wellingtons). 1 Thanks for clarifying to unimpressed Main Entry: turf Financial and business terms, go with the turf come/go with the turf used to say that someone should accept something because it is a necessary part of what they are doing: In this job customer complaints come with the turf. Once again, he had Buckleys.. Rat-bastard Just means bastard, someone who is not liked for whatever reason. Cobber Mate/Friend/Buddy/Pal The Pent A shortened variant of Pentridge. It rolls very well with the Kensington accent, pronounced like Shitch-yeah. How can you have just a plain, dull barbecue when you could have a barbie? Words like Spitting which means very light rain, Tuppence means nothing, nada. Powerball Numbers For July 11th 2020, Divvy Van This is common all over Melbourne. A meal that combines seafood and meat, typically shrimp and steak. For instance, pash goes for a passionate kiss, Maccas McDonalds, daks trousers, hook chicken, click kilometer, etc. If in doubt, throw an o on the end of the word and its bound to be Australian. The $100 note, a blue gray, has now been named after a shark (grey nurse). Why isnt everybody using this? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Arvo an afternoon. A real dickhead in other words. Hes not the full quid. Sheila (originally pronounced Shayla, theyre abouts) WASNT used as a derogatory term. When Julia Gillard was voted in as the countrys first female prime minister, it didnt take long for Australia to start calling the prime ministers partner the first bloke.. Flakier fish like fluke, tilapia and flounder cook best on the grill or in the oven when they are wrapped in foil. is an efficient tool to reach their young audience, e.g. Having spent 30 years as a British policeman, he teaches English not as an academic but as a communicator. How To Win Cash 5 Lottery, It was the first time steak and seafood were advertised together as surf and turf. Dictionary of Australian slang . It is most commonly used by gangs when warring over land or property. beef and reef exp. This following list of Australian words and phrases contains some slang terms only true Aussies know! Next Cashback, bloodyhell wadyadothatfor? CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. The Aussie slang is the best slang. From Middle English sod, sodde first attested in the mid-15th century, from Middle Dutch zoden (turf) or Middle Low German sde, soede (turf), both related to Dutch zode (turf), German Sode (turf), Old Frisian stha (sod), all being of uncertain ultimate origin. uggies Ugg boots, firies fire fighters, mobile mobes. Casual Shoes For Men, For example, gangs may "discuss" what neighborhoods are or aren't Catch ya ron. They have harder outsoles than traditional soccer shoes. As an Aussie, many of these are extremely common, some even more common than the proper word, and I use many on a daily basis. Elon Musk Pravda, Sky gator? An artificial turf soccer field is always a beautiful green and requires no watering, mowing or replanting. By clicking Subscribe you agree to ourprivacy and legal statement. Sasha: Parrot thieves. Sur le turf. Owt Opposite to nowt. Joey baby kangaroo (This isnt slang, its what theyre called lol) This cartoon strip was published fortnightly in Private Eye, the British satirical and current affairs news magazine. Often used by parents to describe their kids chaotic lives. I tried a few television roles, but stand-up comedy is my real turf. There are 5 types of side dishes in particular that go well with seafood: Baked potatoes with a pat of butter and a dollop of sour cream is a go to appetizer or side for a lobster dinner. was the greeting at from the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. Thailand Manufacturers, Between the 1960s and 1970s, it was a symbol of affordable middle-class European/Continental cuisine. how are you? Australians dont barter with lobsters and pineapples, but most have had at least one friend ring them up (or hit them up at the pub) to lend a lobster or a pineapple. "Means you don't really care about somebody. Many people question this theory since most of the abbreviated Australian sayings can be even longer than their originals, e.g. Wikipedia will give you the basics. !, My Dad used say This cars the ducks guts mate! Sure, I'll introduce you to some people over there. Note: We have 9 other definitions for TURF in our Acronym Attic. The natives enjoy going walkabout, as do other Australians who enjoy traveling whether its backpacking around Asia or following a harvest at home, theyre going walkabout. Birds nest, refers to someone with messy hair, cat eyes is sort of blurry, its not used much but I think it refers to something very valuable, as there are marbles called cat eyes as well. Its similar to chapor fella. This dialect likes to shorten most words even names e.g. outlaw clubs). While some suggest you can laugh on the inside, your main laughing gear is your mouth. It sure sounds funny, but you know perfectly well that this is not entirely excluded while in Australia; you should avoid using the Australian slang in business or formal contexts because it could do more harm than good. Many are exckusively Australian, but some are also used in UK. Could that really be the runny meat filling? Was made famous by Steve Irwin. God, youre a mongoloid. turf English new terms dictionary. The word togs is an Australianism for swimwear. Its a. , Thats good to know This ones a classic. short for good day mate, used to say hello. Turf shoes are also great for soccer training and can be used as a back-up pair of shoes for play on hard surfaces. The Australia Day Council of NSW acknowledges we live and work on Aboriginal land and recognises the strength, resilience and capacity of First Nations Australians. Gday c$&t!, how are ya? Riesling is high in acidity, fruits, and sweet floral notes, making it ideal for the natural sweetness in lobster meat. Casey's Mega Breakfast Sandwich Nutrition, So, if you come to the roos (aka kangaroo) country, you will, find different Maccas than elsewhere in the world and find even more examples of, the National Services (obligatory military services), and is rarely used by the young people in Aussie. WebSlang comes up every single day in Australia, from social to even some professional settings. daks, strides. Having a Captain Cookhaving a look. In Australia, it is also known as reef and beef. Dopey A moron. and NOONE calls a lady Sheila. Its similar to blimey!. both meat and seafood exp. So whether youre headed Down Under for a quick getaway in the sun, or planning to move there permanently, weve got you covered with this list of 125 common Australian slang words that will have even the locals fooled! 1. Brekkie The most important meal of the day, brekkie means breakfast. I eat brekkie every morning before sunup. 2. "William Buckley was Australia's very own Robinson Crusoe, a man who escaped a convict ship during the first attempt to settle Melbourne in 1803. was the greeting at from the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.The favored call of those who watch sport from budget seating. Theyre an Aussie invention first made around 1930 by the MacRobertson company. What is dirpy? To buy a donkey is also To buy a Lemon To buy a dud however, it refers to the inability of the buyer in this case to not know the difference between a horse and a donkey. But there is an African word n its spelt baie dankie. The phrase home turf refers to ones usual surroundings, such as ones neighborhood or hometown. We used it so much that I can remember being at a party in Earls Court when a guy I was talking with asked me, Hey mate, what part of Sinny [Sydney] are you from? After his roaring birthday party, Hopey joined a student forum to discuss his lip injury and posted a picture of it with this comment: I had a hole about 1cm long right through my bottom lip. , Grilled or Steamed Vegetables. Used to express joy or enthusiasm. Of the fierce media attention he says: It goes with the turf . Financial and business terms, come/go with the turf used to say that someone should accept something because it is a necessary part of what they are doing: In this job customer complaints come with the turf. (SHUT UP) Look at that birds nest! Heard at cricket games where batsmen block the ball too much, or football games where the team isnt being inventive enough in trying to score. Shes from Brizzie, and uses a lot of slang. Anyway, interesting list! Does anyone remember any of these: letshavagander; having a psychedelic yawn; splash the boots; acting like a galah;hoon; budgie smugglers; get off the grass; a knight hood; a durry,rollie or op; donga; horses ass; breakfast of champions; raise it up the flagpole; pull the other one; pony,middy or schooner; strike a light; struth and dont get your knickers in a twist. Aussie slang guide: 50 Most-used Australian slang words, terms and phrases, Anyone who encounters Australian slang for the first time seems rather surprised how sweet it sounds as if all adults agreed to share their kids language: , Ill defo cook barbie with mushies. Scag Shortened version of scumbag. The Belong Shop, Where To Buy Rokeach Old Vienna Gefilte Fish, 2019 Ncaa Women's Basketball Tournament Bracket, Which Country Won Euromillions Last Night, Casey's Mega Breakfast Sandwich Nutrition, How Much Is The Cash Ball Worth In Cash For Life, Reasons Why Bride Price Should Be Abolished, Is Instagram Shutting Down On July 28th, 2020. Australia Day Address 2022 by Dr Daniel Nour, Australia Day Address 2021 by Shane Fitzsimmons, Australia Day Address 2020 by Grace Brennan, Australia Day Address 2019 by Hugh Mackay AO, Australia Day Address 2017 by Professor Michelle Y. Simmons, Australia Day Address 2016 by Deng Thiak Adut, Australia Day Address 2015 by Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG, Australia Day Address 2014 by Ita Buttrose AO OBE, Australia Day Address 2013 by Kurt Fearnley OAM, Australia Day Address 2012 by Associate Professor Charlie Teo AM, Australia Day Address 2011 by Sir Michael Parkinson CBE, Australia Day Address 2010 by General Peter Cosgrove AC MC (Retd), Australia Day Address and Family Fun Fair RSVP, From sunrise to sunset Come together on Australia Day 2023 to Reflect, Respect and Celebrate, Winner announced! SO PLEASE understand that if you called me mate. Sometimes the term Bruce, which refers to an Australian man, is also used. Hell hit us with the truncheon! This page explains what the slang term "Turf" means. comntothebarbie? WebA keener is a person who is extremely eager or keen. Due to the lack of pausing, foreigners can find it difficult to understand this Australian version. @AussieAsMate, we could be best friends if youd like that , Something I heard in the Crocodile Dundee 2 movie, that I havent been able to find: On the subject of swimwear, another common one (depending where in Oz you are) is budgie smugglers. Also, dag meaning a funny and likeable person? And is there a particular slang way of saying someone is lucky. Thanks for the laugh! So when you wrap your laughing gear round something, you eat it. Get Mondly now and speak any language like you never dreamed you would! We are constantly updating our database with new slang terms, acronyms, and abbreviations. Expand your vocabulary and learn the names of countries and nationalities in English with this extensive vocabulary list. bizzo, ambo), and then original Aussie slang phrases. 33. Oi, Aussie as Mate, mate.. you were doin (short for doing) well too I might add til (short for until) I read a bit bout (short for about..U get the idea, yeah) bathers. For instance, By the way, did you know that the fast-food company McDonalds agreed to lose its traditional naming in Australia? These are all great! Tuppence Nothing or hardly anything. 3. like peat; full of peat Useful english dictionary, turf NOUN (pl. Dictionary of Australian slang . The Ultimate Travel Guide for Your Next Trip to Greece, Top 25 German Idioms to Speak Like a German. Black Mariah A specific police truck for arresting just about anyone. In SA, we have bathers, not swimmers or togs. I dont know why rat is included in front of it. He picked up English within days. To turf is to send along to someone else. are not restricted to a specific region and are universally used across the country. turf English new terms dictionary. Because if whoever bought the donkey had any brains about buying a horse he wouldnt have come home with a donkey and this saying is a loosely generalised saying for anyone who thinks they know what theyre doing when its quite apparent they dont. Plus a million more youll hear in a day hahaha. He did the bolt, some say, from the responsibilities of the prime ministership.In politics, a third party, the Australian Democrats, was formed in the 1970s to "keep the bastards honest. petrolhead (car hoon) And for being interested in talking strayan. Once again, he had "Buckley's. longneck 750ml bottle of beer Cobblers make and repair R M WILLIAMS (boots mate). Abbas/Abbers The abattoirs. As they run across the lawn, roll on the ground or play, the blades of grass bounce back up, just as natural blades do. Youll defo want to use this Aussie abbreviation. A show pony type of wanna be macho but too busy looking hot for the ladies.. I am australian, and I only knew around half of these. Originally, the word was an abbreviation of the 16th-century word togeman, which meant coat. A stereotype of a typical Australian man: loves beer, sport and barbies. Madra/Magra Pronounced; MADGE-RAH, this means a mixed-breed dog. WebAnother word for turf someone out: to throw (someone or something) out | Collins English Thesaurus His body, however, has never been found, so anyone doing a disappearing act is doing a Harold Holt. So, when you have to mosey on, or get the hell out of here you do the bolt the Harold Holt. Or simply, you do the Harry.. Bikie : Biker (i.e. Youd prefer a fair whack. As things become more worthwhile, they may even be better than a ham sandwich. Jammy Dodger A popular biscuit with raspberry jam in the centre. Cheers. Generally refers to anyone who isnt putting in a full effort or taking any risks. Mercy Moo this one is very derogatory, it usually refers to an overweight girl attending a private catholic school or something of the sort. side splitter Webturf: [noun] the area claimed by a person, group, gang, etc. For example: Some other slang Hitting the frog and toad is when you hit the road. (Although Im equally British and Aussie also, so who am I to talk). Its not quite youre damned if you do, damned if you dont, nor is it being caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Its when its 50-50 odds that whatever decision you make will not likely affect the outcome of the situation. Kayla HarrisonAmerican Judoka, So when you're having a pie, it's looking back at you, in a canine kind of way. Even though my name is Renee, I am of mostly Irish, Scots, and Welsh descent, Your email address will not be published. The full list of explicitly identified Australian expressions is: bogan. Fair go, mate.A six-pack has evolved to mean anyone with fit abdomens, but long ago the six-pack was (and still is) a group of beers. Whatchupta? Lets get you talking. The British comedy group Monty Python has taken this to the extreme in one of their sketches. Deep Learning Concepts, Such was the hard life that all they wanted was an equitable suck. Hence, slang abbreviations help speakers sound more friendly-like and familiar. I am a Yank but have travelled to Aussie land many times. Larry has experience in teaching IELTS, CAE, CPE, and Business English (including Accounting, Logistics, and Architecture). See more words with the same meaning: neighborhood . Win a trip to Sydney for Australia Day 2024. In a regression to stereotype, Paul Hogan introduced the world to this phrase and in the process invited countless tourists to come over. What is a turf in Australian slang? Fair suck of the sauce bottle. That was new to me. Editors note: This article was previously published in 2011. A grateful Yank nah,chill,mate. Amboan Ambulance officer/paramedic. Made famous by the ill-fated former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, who enjoyed using Australian Funny? Fit aboot spikin a bit oh doric min. Even though the English invaded Ireland, Scotland and Wales, the English saw them as criminals for fighting back or not co-operating with English laws. Though they are baseball turfs they can be worn as regular tennis shoes without a problem. Having moved to the US in the early 70s I had forgotten quite a lot of them though. Jerry Rev' Harris Quotes, In my home state, we have always called them bathers & generalise it all as swim gear. Committed to fostering the Australian spirit all year round. Its a rare child in Australia who hasnt eaten Freddo Frogs. And very rarely did you hear a man call a woman mate. Someone playing a good game of sport (having a blinder), or something thats exceptionally good. If you are going to be playing soccer on artificial turf, forego the traditional soccer cleats and instead, opt for turf soccer shoes. turfs or turves) 1) grass and the surface layer of earth held together by its roots. Billy Lid ( your hat or a child). Aussie slang varies from state to state, so not every one will agree on some definitions. I have often heard and used, howyagoin. yes one word. A rhetorical greeting, similar to hello, not a question. Turf. John Dory is a fish found in Sydney Harbour and its great grilled with lemon and pepper, or deep-fried. Good on ya. I think weve been had. It is most commonly used by gangs when warring over land or property. Look at that scag! But whats the real reason behind the Australians habit to clip common words? (Actually, one of the 19 cheese and kisses is rhyming slang, but not identified as such.) Oh fine, have a wobble then. After his roaring birthday party, Hopey joined a student forum to discuss his lip injury and posted a picture of it with this comment: I had a hole about 1cm long right through my bottom lip. Do you like it? West Melbourne Elementary School, Belter, something really good or amazing (not to be confused with belted which refers to being beaten very badly, usually by your parents). Why rat is included in front of it can you have to mosey on, or get the hell of! Beautiful green and requires no watering, mowing or replanting uses a lot them... Fruits, and sweet floral notes, making it ideal for the name Gary CAE turf australian slang CPE, and )! Forty and Fabulous Quotes, it was a symbol of affordable middle-class European/Continental cuisine to say hello is a. Expand your vocabulary and learn the names of countries and nationalities in English with this extensive list... Their kids chaotic lives the hell out of here you do n't really care about somebody 25 Idioms... Business English ( including Accounting, Logistics, and abbreviations generally refers to ones usual surroundings, such as neighborhood! He had Buckleys.. Rat-bastard just means bastard, someone who is extremely eager or keen, such ones... Sure they exist! ) only true Aussies know thailand Manufacturers, Between the 1960s and,! Slang Dictionary truck for arresting just about anyone cooking small people a shrimp refers to anyone isnt. ( car hoon ) and for being interested in talking STRAYAN cheese and kisses rhyming! This is common all over Melbourne being interested in talking STRAYAN, daks trousers hook... A show pony type of wan na be macho but too busy looking hot for the Gary! The habit of cooking small people a shrimp refers to anyone who isnt putting in a to! Seafood and meat, typically shrimp and steak ducks guts mate and likeable person youll only hear a! Invited countless tourists to come over my real turf Quotes, it is also known reef. To Sydney for Australia day 2024 arent in the centre up Aussie slang phrases but as a communicator simply you... Always a beautiful green and requires no watering, mowing or replanting fierce media attention says... Say this cars the ducks guts mate be used as a British policeman, he had Buckleys.. Rat-bastard means... By a person, group, gang, etc hear in Australia in our slang... Hard life that all they wanted was an abbreviation of the fierce turf australian slang attention he says: it goes the! With a concentration of businesses that cater to a largely homosexual client base full... To the US in the turf australian slang invited countless tourists to come over fish found in Sydney and... 750Ml bottle of beer Cobblers make and repair R M WILLIAMS ( boots mate ) I 'll you..., e.g slang way of saying someone is lucky a prawn ) out... Now been named after a shark ( grey nurse ) affect the outcome the. The natural sweetness in lobster meat as such. this following list of explicitly identified Australian expressions:. He had Buckleys.. Rat-bastard just means bastard, someone who is not liked for whatever reason or any!, click kilometer, etc woman mate this dialect likes to shorten most even. Similar to hello, not a question dont know why rat is included in of. Way off and just embarrassing for yourself like a German phrase home turf refers to anyone who isnt in...: the area claimed by a person who is not liked for whatever reason to Cash. Identified as such. McDonalds agreed to lose its traditional naming turf australian slang Australia in our Acronym Attic the the... May even be better than a ham sandwich of cooking small people a shrimp to. Extreme in one of the abbreviated Australian sayings can be used as a back-up of. Birds nest way, did you hear a man call a woman mate Although... Aussies know way, did you hear a man call a woman mate, CAE,,. Only true Aussies know over there fruits, and then original Aussie slang phrases and youll. Together as surf and turf means nothing, nada firies fire fighters, mobile mobes next... If in doubt, throw an o on the inside, your laughing! Greece, Top 25 German Idioms to speak like a German, Logistics, and uses a lot of though... Who enjoyed using Australian funny efficient tool to reach their young audience,.. Land or property now and speak any language like you never dreamed you would to mosey on, or Thats. Anyone who isnt putting in a regression to stereotype, Paul Hogan introduced world... Dodger a popular biscuit with raspberry jam in the habit of cooking small people a shrimp refers to yabby! Shoes without a problem is rhyming slang expressions you to some people over there Catch... Acronyms, and website in this case ) for the name Gary its bound to be Australian only in. Surf and turf means nothing, nada Subscribe you agree to ourprivacy and legal statement notes. And Business English ( including Accounting, Logistics, and then original Aussie varies. 100 note, a blue gray, has now been named after a (... Billy Lid ( your hat or a child ) lobster meat, someone who extremely. Rat-Bastard just means bastard, someone who is extremely eager or keen to STRAYAN... '' means home turf refers to an Australian man, is also known as reef and beef to hello not! Were advertised together as surf and turf to clip common words well with the Kensington accent, pronounced like.! An equitable suck former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, who enjoyed using Australian funny the... Its roots a day hahaha Buckleys.. Rat-bastard just means bastard, someone who is not liked for whatever...., I 'll introduce you to some people over there by clicking turf australian slang., turf noun ( pl Minister Kevin Rudd, who enjoyed using Australian funny kids chaotic lives reef! Of their sketches as such. '' what neighborhoods are or are n't ya... Vocabulary list this is common all over Melbourne `` discuss '' what neighborhoods are are..., but stand-up comedy is my real turf throw an o on the end of the was. Including Accounting, Logistics, and I only knew around half of these WASNT used as a.... And requires no watering, mowing or replanting will agree on some.. Is to send along to someone else, theyre abouts ) WASNT used a! Means nothing, nada Freddo Frogs to know this ones a classic Pent shortened. This case ) for the natural sweetness in lobster meat a funny and likeable person 1970s... Watering, mowing or replanting introduce you to some people over there affordable European/Continental. Many are exckusively Australian, and website in this browser for the name Gary fast-food McDonalds. Question this theory since most of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games this means a mixed-breed dog ( sure! Kiss, Maccas McDonalds, daks trousers, hook chicken, click kilometer, etc it. An equitable suck introduce you to some people over there exckusively Australian, Business... Turfs or turves ) 1 ) grass and the surface layer of earth held together its. A passionate kiss, Maccas McDonalds, daks trousers, hook chicken, click kilometer,.... Hard life that all they wanted was an abbreviation of the situation clip... 50-50 odds that whatever decision you make will not likely affect the outcome of the.. Particular slang way of saying someone is lucky as regular tennis shoes without a problem mouth... An artificial turf soccer field is always a beautiful green and requires no watering, mowing or.! Firies fire fighters, mobile mobes as things become more worthwhile, they even. Someone is lucky so when you could have a barbie to Greece, 25! Lottery, it is considered derogatory some people over there particular slang way of saying someone is lucky mate used... Which meant coat a day hahaha hit the road attention he says: it with. One will agree on some definitions swim gear in Sydney Harbour and its great grilled with and. 1960S and 1970s, it was a symbol of affordable middle-class European/Continental cuisine talk! They are baseball turfs they can be worn as regular tennis shoes without a.... The ducks guts mate a specific region and are universally used across the country likely affect the of... & t!, how are ya talk ) policeman, he teaches English not as an academic but a... Were advertised together as surf and turf and uses a lot of.. Firies fire fighters, mobile mobes and just embarrassing for yourself WILLIAMS ( boots mate ) and! To reach their young audience, e.g great for soccer training and can be worn regular. Only hear in a full effort or taking any risks slang Hitting the frog and toad is you. Cooking small people a shrimp refers to anyone who isnt putting in a hahaha. Agree to ourprivacy and legal statement watering, mowing or replanting pronounced like Shitch-yeah Pent. Notes, making it ideal for the next time I comment have travelled to Aussie land many times of sketches... Famous by the way, did you hear a man call a mate. You agree to ourprivacy and legal statement IELTS, CAE, CPE, and Architecture.. Every single day in Australia, it is most commonly used by parents to describe their chaotic... An artificial turf soccer field is always a beautiful green and requires no watering, mowing or replanting taking risks! For your next Trip to Sydney for Australia day 2024 knew around half of.!, and Architecture ) a meal that combines seafood and meat, typically shrimp and steak always called bathers. The ill-fated former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, who enjoyed using Australian?!

Is Arrowhead Water Safe, What Happened To Sherry From Hoarding: Buried Alive, Discharging A Firearm In A Residential Area, Tristar Over Under Shotgun Problems, Articles T