subaru fuel pump recall gas smell

The dealer (Stohlman in Tyson's Corner, VA) recommended bringing the car in with less than 1/4 tank of gas. drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. How to contact the manufacturer: Owners Thought it would go away after a few days driving with windows open. It could catch fire. Doesn't smell at all anymore. But I couldnt see a clamp or fuel line anywhere. I will write all this info. I have been driving my car for about 6 months now and on random occasions I get a gas smell when I fill the tank all the way. I received a recall notice for a fuel pump problem. Gas caps are inexpensive and easy to replace. 2002 Forester has had a long history of smell of gas in cold weather starts (below 10F). VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I always get my car serviced by thenSubaru Dealership. We still dont recognize that sign in. A cars fuel pump moves the fuel from the cars gas tank to the engine. Has it gotten a lot worse? I researched a bit, I see the corrosion issue with the filler necks and the shield build up..I live in michigan.. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Going to look at it tonight, while the engine is running. You can change these settings at any time. After the car stalls out, drivers might have a hard time getting their engines to start again. In addition, Honda recently issued two similar recalls for vehicles with fuel pumps from the same manufacturer. Thanks in advance. No smell for over two. It would be best to replace the fuel line as sometimes tightening is only temporary. Justin Stobb is the Owner of All Wheel Drive Auto, the premier Independent Subaru Shop in the North West. The clamp is upside down meaning you cant put a tool ( Phillips) on it to tighten it. James H. Thank you very much for the info! SUBARU RECALL NO. 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring (Canadian Edition) -- Ice Silver Metallic, Took 2 weeks to clear out the odours with windows open in my garage, 2019 CRP Ascent Limited w/#23 Built July 2018. If tank pressure drops too rapidly, the computer throws a check engine (or similar) light for an evaporative emissions system leak. I can remove hose with a knife but am uncertain if I will need to loosen the fuel pipe-Left (rather not do this b/c of bad experiences with rusted bolts on car) in order to replace the hose. This would be a NEWER/LATER manufacture fuel pump more susceptible to design or workmanship defects. I couldn't believe it even as I read it. but wouldnt it have stopped running if it was out of gas? At 30k for most new cars, it had better right? There is a seal there that can go bad over time. I understand the only during the winter thing but its like saying your roof only leaks when it rains. Winters ONLY! Today when I entered the vehicle, I noticed a strong gasoline odor. The computer then monitors fuel tank pressure for some period of time. We had extremely cold weather (-30C) over the holidays no problem with the car. This may lead to a vehicle fire, increasing the risk of property damage, crash, and injury. As a result, you may avoid becoming stranded someplace with a faulty fuel pump by keeping an open ear. Mine also smelled like gasoline for a good week after the service, but it did go away, just as they told me it should. 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. When the pump comes out, it can dribble a little (or kind of a lot) of fuel around -- the fuel pump assembly has like an outer canister that holds maybe a half pint of gas, and if you bring the car in near-full it'll have about that half pint in it. Do you know that on other methods of transportation the fuel lines are replaced on a schedule? I guess I didnt truly verify if it was gas. But honestly this is kind of BS, I do a lot of driving for work to locations/distances I have no control over and trying to manage fuel levels/distances for a recall maintenance item is not exactly practical for me without constantly stopping for gas. Has anyone else had their fuel pumps replaced as part of the recent recall and had their cabin have a strong smell of fuel afterwards? Okay I get it, paying for a repair on a 12 year old car is out of line. Wife is happy now and what is better than that. Now which is at fault, the fuel pump or its controller? Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Ascent, 2018 Forester, 2018-2020 Impreza, Legacy, Outback, 2018-2019 BRZ, WRX, and Toyota 86 Ive been breathing in noxious fumes for 3 winters now. This is a common problem for the 2008 Corvette. However it started again yesterday. Justin, this is a great thread. the content you have visited before, Advertising: Gather personally identifiable information such as name and location, Advertising: Use information for tailored advertising with third parties, Advertising: Allow you to connect to social sites, Advertising: Identify device you are using. Decide which cookies you want to allow. The cars recalled include Subaru Outback wagons manufactured between June 29, 2018 and Feb. 19, 2019. All others were dry. I have a 2005 xt that smells like gas at around 20 degrees. Yea, that smell of raw fuel in the cabin is exactly that. When I picked up the car, I had a strong gasoline smell in the car which I hoped would be short-term. I got mine in the mail. Another reason you may experience a burning smell coming from your Outback is oil on When this happens itll throw off the air/fuel mixture. So, drivers of some of Subarus most popular models including the Ascent, Impreza, Legacy, and Outback should know the manufacturer issued a recall earlier this year over a flawed part that can lead to the cars stalling out unexpectedly. I'm satisfied. We respect your privacy. Mark. Save products you love, products you own and much more! It was lierally running out of the connection and laying on top of the hot manifold. Over time, the impeller may become deformed enough to interfere with the body of the fuel pump, potentially causing the low-pressure fuel pump to become inoperative, the recall report says. WebA screeching sound is one of the most typical indications that your Subarus fuel pump is failing. If this condition occurs, vehicle occupants may notice the smell of fuel. I took it to Speedy Muffler they checked it in every possible place, and there was nothing at all leaking, or any traces of anything (I also checked my garage floor, nothing). They've already performed the recall fix by replacing the fuel pump, but my car still smells of gas. This. As part of that commitment, weve made it easy to learn more Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I aired the car out today for several hours since it was nice and breezy and that seems to have helped a lot. RECALLS! I am going to drive to auto parts store and get a new fuel line, I think I can fix it myself if I take the engine cover off which looks easy. If there is anything that youd like to add, please leave a comment below. JavaScript is disabled. OTOH, I had pretty much zero odor after the impeller recall.my tank was at or below a quarter and the service team managed to do the work without spilling/splashing on the interior after they removed stuff to get to the top of the tank. For its part, Subaru said it had no evidence the flaw has actually caused any accidents or driver injuries. https://reddit.com/r/hondainsight/comments/gwv18z/what_we_know_the_fuel_pump_recall_check_here/. expected to be mailed out. Fuel pump was once replaced under warranty. It should clear up in a couple days. however on my engine (v6 edition) it is on the DRIVERS SIDE (H6-3.0), on top of what appears to be the fuel filter. 2013, 20 degrees out. My 2004 Subaru Baja Turbo has had this problem for the past 3 winters. Hasnt occurred during other winters, so maybe some of the rubber fuel lines are bad now and need to be replaced. If you own a 2019 Outback, Ascent, Impreza, or Legacy, Subaru will replace the fuel pumps in a recall announced by the National Highway Traffic Safety What kind of clamps should replace the existing ones, or can the existing ones be trusted with the new lines? Learn more about the cookies we use. But without knowing where the leaks were its all just a guess on my part. Reporting by the automotive consumer website CarComplaints.com indicates Subaru had 32 complaints about faulty fuel pumps between July 2019 and January 2020 and in 24 of those cases, drivers said their engines would not start. I have been reading all these blogs and have tightened clamps and I lifted the access compartment in my 99 legacy outback and I see or smell no gas on top of the tank Is there anything else or tricky spots that could be leaky????? Carbon monoxide poisoning from exhaust fumes have killed many as it is an odourless gas. Is this normal? I want an excuse to take it back and get it cleaned again. Replacing those fuel lines is a bear! Thanks for post. I'm guessing here but think this may depend on the quality of workmanship and the dealership. Looking at what you've said you're mods are, that shouldn't be the issue though. After my fuel pump recall three weeks ago, I had no gas smell whatsoever inside, which is what I would expect. I hope everyone who has a Subaru with a leak posts a comment. Ya thats kind of a bear, you might consider taking the intake off and un-bolting the metal fuel lines from the intake manifold and also replace all rubber fuel lines under pressure to make it a more complete repair a one and done kind of a thing. I looked at the tank, lines, and the injectors and I saw no leaks. If the leak in the tank is at the bottom of the tank the limit to how much fuel can leak out is how much is in the tank, if the leak is at the top or somewhere on the side such as the seam the limit to how much fuel leaks out is the level at which the leak is occurring. Like /u/Nerfo2 said, if it was installed incorrectly it'd throw a code pretty quick, so if you're not getting a check engine light I'd guess there's a couple drops in the carpet under that seat. I am not sure we would all be better off in a GM with a faulty Ignition switch where people did die, even though the defect was acknowledged, or how about a Toyota with acceleration issues or the fact they couldnt keep a floor mat from killing people. Apr 30, 2021. Did you have a similar problem, and did you find out what happened? Unfortunately, I cant come to your shop, as I am in Quebec. For those that have not done the recall try to run as much gas out of the tank as you can when you take it in. Now playing: Watch this: 2019 Ad-free. They said nothing about the fuel level; I only heard about it the day before when the dealer called to confirm the appointment, and it was just dumb luck that I was almost out of gas. Where OC is the standard and boxer engines rule the world. (see problem#2) too little fuel in tank, pump couldnt grab what it needed to maintain speed. Required fields are marked *. If your Subaru Tribeca smells like gas, you should treat it as though you have a fuel leak until you for sure there isnt one. Ask Your Own Hyundai Question Great info!! Most likely its just going to need to have one or more fuel line clamps tightened up with that kind of mileage. A common thing is that the fuel line clamps need to be tightened. If a Subaru has the fuel pump problems involved in the latest recall, chances are the driver of that vehicle will notice the engine running rough first. August 3, 2021 In the third major recall of its year, Subaru has put out a call to repair more than 165,000 vehicles from its 2018-20 model-year lineup over a faulty fuel I did have two fuel lines fixed back about 6 months ago and this may have been one of them. Questions: Since this is a newer OB and not a cold weather problem I have to post my question! I have a 2002 subaru outback H6 3.0 (v6) automatic llbean edition, I live in Cleveland Ohio and problem started when it got COLD, the fuel leak is just like you said, at the clamp. Pretty vague to say you had a fuel leak somewhere twice and paid $800 and $1200 to have it repaired and just doesnt help anyone. Why not list what was done? Sorry the Forester has let you down and I truly hope what ever you buy next, treats you better. Although I enjoy the smell of gasoline (don't lie, I think we all do, right? It's getting worse. Privacy Policy | Is it the grade of the hose, or the length, or the clamps? You must contact the It kinda infuriates me the longer I think about it, actually. I had found that if I only filled the tank 3/4 I did not get the odor. IF so, is that normal? An old or worn fuel pump may produce a noticeably loud whine or howl while running. Its possible they missed on of the lines and some more clamp tightening is needed, but its also possible that one or more of the lines need to be replaced and that a simple re tightening of the clamps just wont do it in your case. What's more, there's not a single cause for a gas leak: Recently, I began working on a 2005 Subaru Forester XT with this same issue. Eventually it can fill the entire intake up and leak everywhere. I have a 2002 Outback Wagon w/128k+. Despite my love for quirky, old European sedans like the Renault Medallion, it's my passion to help others find a safe, reliable car that still puts a smile on their faceeven if they're stuck in traffic. Solved by tightening clamps as I have done before. The original recall letter said 90 minutes. The fix: Dealers will replace the low-pressure fuel pump free of charge. Want to fix correctly this time. Ive taken it to my local shop and they couldnt diagnose. The fuel leaks out onto the top of the engine block from the fuel line creating a possible fire hazard. Sometimes the system is slow, by the time youreceivea recall notice you may have paid for a repair at a general repair shop thatdoesntcare if your Wheel bearings are under recall/warranty. I doubt the tank has to be dropped to get the fuel pump out. But there are other, less likely causes as well. Gasoline smell when fuel tank is above 1/2 full. If engaging the recirc doesnt change this, has any one verified the function of the blend door and or controls? I found this very helpful because when I told my mechanic, all he said was that it was a common problem with this kind of car. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. How do we ensure that changing the hose is going to make a difference permanently? WebThe combined vehicle count for both recalls totals 157,388 and as of January 2018, some 29.5 percent had been repaired. The smell of gas is typically going to be caused by a bad gas cap, evaporative emissions system, overfilling the gas tank, or an actual fuel leak. The payment for your account couldn't be processed or you've canceled your account with us. Make sure you use the proper rated fuel line for fuel injection and the proper type fuel line clamps. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The dealer says it looks like mice have chewed on the fuel line(s). Third try, same result. I ran my gas tank until the low fuel light came on. That seal is leaking worse, and may NOT have been the total culprit in the first place. That is RIDICULOUS, Cheryl. In extremely cold temperatures, a certain engine fuel line/hose may temporarily seep some fuel during initial cold engine start up. Try again, then starts up. I was doing 80 on I-75 , the engines push faded just enough to feel but not slow down.. it didnt sputter(like running out of gas) but I felt I couldnt maintain speed/ push fuel to engine/ whatever that power flow is, it wasnt there for a split second. Also recalled are 20,182 of Subarus Legacy sedans manufactured between June 29, 2018 and Feb. 19, 2019. To try and help you understand how the new car and warranty of works. Subaru is recalling more than 165,000 cars due to a fuel pump defect that can cause the cars to stall at speed. Seen your post and I have a 2017 legacy thats doing the same thing. We learned while we were there they have to take out the back seats to be able to access the fuel pump. The controller Pulse Width Modulates the power going to the fuel pump. Reset your password. After you go through all the prompts it will give you the option to dial 4 to reach a customer service agent responsible problem #1: likely still be unresolved I agree fuel leaks are serious, but all car companies set a reasonable warranty period, you could have purchased a longer warranty if you chose to and not had the out of pocket expense, but I am unclear if a fuel leak on a ten year old car is making you upset or paying for it? Retrieve your username. Replacing tank would have been $1000+ and not fixed problem maybe. Strong odor of gas first day after (they said I would likely smell that), then fully dissipated after 3-5 days. Click Change Settings if you want to tailor the use of your cookies. I don't care whose fault it is. This may be a dumb question, but just confirming that the pump is actually in the tank and if so, how hard is it to drop the tank to get it out? I had a fuel smell I never had before. After having the truck for 4 days I got it back. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. You get a fuel smell for a bit when you change it. status of any class action settlement claim. The rubber fuel lines are in extreme conditions, subject to heat and fuel which depending on what type of fuel is used can affect how long the line lasts. The gas caps job is to keep the fuel vapor and fuel in the gas tank. specifically want to know if common corrosion/clamp-fitting issues would be able to drain last 1/5 tank of gas in 30 cold? butif the car was leaking gas over the long weekend before the dealer looked (seriously?) car sits in garage (unusual) for a few days during the big 22/48h snow storm w a lo temp of -10F.. 1 cup worth of gas puddled below a seam line-just shy of the rr passenger door never smelled gas but car stay out side It should go away on its own over time, but if you want to accelerate the process you can tip the seat forward and vacuum the carpet (or if you have one of those Bissel Green Machine extractor vacuums, those are amazing for this) and/or use a bit of soap and water to scrub the carpets in that area. A very dangerous situation! If this happens while the vehicle is in motion, it could cause a crash. With more than 274 million vehicles traveling Americans highways and byways each year, driver safety is a serious matter. Actions does not process claims and we cannot advise you on the Their answer was there is not protocol for this. They would not say anything else. I have A 2005 XT as well and have replaced the lines at 91k. When I made the appointment, they asked that I bring it in with 1/2 fuel or less. One dealer tried to convince me to replace the metal fuel line rod on the firewall at the top of the engine compartment, to the tune of $1500. Im a technician working for Eurotech. Help! I love the car, but the PO did not maintain it well through many Chicago winters. The 2019 and newer. First of all, theres nothing simple about this fix. If you smell gas right away after the recall it could be that they spilled some gas. Is this normal or should I go back and start asking questions? We use cookies to improve functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and provide tailored content. Any advice would be great. Bringing the vehicle to Subaru with low fuel level is a good suggestion,definitely will keep this in mind . I loved my forester xt and will keep it until lit dies I will not own another! I just posted a response/scenario/question on the head Gasket thread (I guess will be #1037), but then I found this thread which may be more related. When I filled it all the way, the odor came back. It was June and not cold. Not looking forward to a $600 charge (more in Cdn$ !) They told me to have half or less fuel, which I was pretty close to. If it doesnt seem to dissipate, its time to move on to the next potential problem. I have a similar problem in my 2001 Outback. your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are Smell will go away when car warms up. SUBARU RECALL NO. Subaru issued the recall for 188,207 of its 2019 model year vehicles in April over fuel pump problems that a report by Car and Driver said can increase the risk of Gas evaporates quickly. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_3" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_4" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please note: Top Class Actions is not a settlement Searched The Google and saw references to tightening clamps. dealer looked and said: not the pump, I ran of Gas? 2 Subaru places in Colorado want $300 to tighten the bands under the manifold. Up until I ran into this major issue, I thought Subaru had a good car. Subaru is recalling certain vehicles because a fuel pump may fail, causing the engine to suddenly stall. Since you mentioned it goes away when its off, I would suggest you are pulling in Exhaust from either the cars around you or possibly your car on mornings or even days when there is cold dense air, its just a fact of the internal combustion engine. They called me later the next day and said there was no smell? WebFuel Pump Recall and Smell of Gas in the Interior I got my fuel pump recall in the mail earlier this week for my 2019 and took it to the closest Honda dealership to have it Two days later when the freshener wore off, the smell was back. Here are the most common things that would make your Tribeca smell like gas outside of a fuel leak itself, which is covered in the next sections. If you dont have a check engine light, then gasoline fumes are still evaporating. If its truly under the intake, does that mean I have to remove the intake to get at it? Your username maybe be your email address. Great info. Feel around and see if you can find any There is more information on another thread in this sub-reddit. Dealer looked at it a few years ago and tightened clamps and it sort of was fixed but seemed like it still was a problem. My garage is in the basement of our townhouse and I worry the odor will spread from the car to the house. I have the service manual but cannot find a step by step on replacement. Bean Edition 180,000miles Put it up on jack stands, take a flashlight and start hunting around. Youll smell gas until it is not longer overfilled. By submitting your comment and contact information, you agree to receive marketing emails from Top Class Actions regarding this and/or similar lawsuits or settlements, and/or to be contacted by an attorney or law firm to discuss the details of your potential case at no charge to you if you qualify. What is that about? Had very strong gas smell in 2003 Forester last week in 15? It was filthy with sand everywhere. FordMan1959 April 4, 2012, 12:56am #2. JavaScript is disabled. They checked cabin filter and put smoke under hood to see where it was being drawn in and found nothing. towed to local dealer not my guy. Not in every case but I suspect thats the deal here. Subaru issued the recall for 188,207 of its 2019 model year vehicles in April over fuel pump problems that a report by Car and Driver said can increase the risk of drivers crashing while the cars are in motion. Ascent, Forester, Impreza, Outback, other vehicles are included. There are 2 very typical, minor but very strong smelling fuel leaks we see lots andoftenthis time of year. Ok, if you have spark, and it did not start and run for a few seconds as you sprayed starting fluid directly into the throttle body opening while someone else tried starting the engine, then you need to see if the air is sucking in or blowing out of the throttle body opening while cranking the engine. WebWhen the pump comes out, it can dribble a little (or kind of a lot) of fuel around -- the fuel pump assembly has like an outer canister that holds maybe a half pint of gas, and if you You had better have 6 hands to line all the fuel lines, intake bolts and all the other crap that gets in the way, up. Subaru Ascent Complaints, Issues, Problems, Defect, Subaru Ascent Complaints, Issues And Problems. This is just a follow up to a prior post about a strong fuel smell on the very cold mornings after the car has sat overnignt. I wouldnt suggest waiting for the fuel leak to catch on fire before reacting to it, id take the matter a little more seriously. The recall began June 4, 2020. But 2020 RDX is included in the larger recall. While I hope I can speak for all my fellow techs when I say we take utmost caution in trying not to drip any on the carpet, it's easier said than done with the ascent's design in particular. All Wheel Drive Auto LLC. In some cases, the vehicle might not start at all, according to the automotive website Autoblog. Sorry, just thought of follow-up questions: What is wrong with the 2000 Outback fuel line that it needs to be changed? his 2005 baja turbo failed inspection because of the slight fuel leak he has on the drivers side of the car. This recall is due to a dodgy fuel pump hose in the engine compartment that may degrade over time. Nov 5, 2011. Try again and get the same result. Had my recall completed 7/7 and took about 5 hours due to work backlog but wasn't a problem because I had a loaner car. Since you did not smell the gas when you picked it up it sounds like they did not I second the last statement. If this is the case, it can make its way up into your Tribecas cabin. I was told that this is a common Subaru problem. Well of course, since someone at the dealership added lots of Car Freshener inside the car the night before. Today (-12F) it was so bad I could barely drive the card. One of the first symptoms of a problem with the fuel pump is a loud whining sound. Create a free account now to become a CR member. I have a 2000 Outback with very bad fuel smell during the winter. Thanks for the input. I am having this issue with my 2005 2.5XT Outback. car still running, just shy of a 1/4 tank. Press J to jump to the feed. Just replace rubber line, or is there more involved? brake line recall was for element exposure from gap in shield.. wouldnt that gap also expose my fuel things too? The dealer is an idiot. Gas odors stick around for a bit. I just encountered the dreaded fuel smell in my 2002 Legacy. 1-888-234-2138 is the number for Honda recalls. I care that the problem persists and has not been solved. I think the odor thing is very dependent on the service team and fuel level, honestly. If your vehicle had a fuel or exhaust leak that would also be a condition that would need to be addressed regardless of the car pulling fumes in. Subaru dealers were set to begin replacing the Denso fuel pumps in the recalled vehicles starting June 5, but some consumers might want to investigate the possibility of joining a class action lawsuit for further compensation. for life. Mechanic suspected gas tank leak at top of tank, but smell has since gone and no trace of leaks visible on tank. Judy. the fuel pump access is under your 2nd row right seat. If this is the problem, you're in luck. At the end of the day, it ends up being the technician that is blamed for the fuel line leaking again down the road. Once again thanks for your advice. I try to help my son keep his car up to par he is a EMT and they dont get paid that well, so a large repair cost would mean he would have to go without food for a good long time. Wife riding in car 2 weeks later was getting nauseous. Jan 15, 2007. I was test driving the car after trying ti fix an exhaust system rattle and noticed a distinct fresh gas odor both inisde the car and outside as well. That confirms at least one of my suspicions which is that fuel level at the time almost certainly plays a role. Side comment, but to any of you 2019 owners that might read this and be planning to get your fuel pump recall done soon, please for the love of god do not bring it in with more than half a tank. A 2005 xt that smells like gas at around 20 degrees only leaks when it rains have., 12:56am # 2 I got it back access is under your 2nd right! Suspicions which is at fault, the odor came back the recall fix by replacing the fuel vapor fuel. Hard time getting their engines to start again other winters, so maybe of. With a faulty fuel pump access is under your 2nd row right.! The air/fuel mixture engine to suddenly stall only filled the tank, lines, and provide tailored.... 2020 RDX is included in the gas tank until the low fuel light came on even I! Edition 180,000miles put it up on jack stands, take a flashlight and start asking?... Line ( s ) is happy now and need to have half or less butif the car, but car... The drivers side of the hot manifold think about it, actually so bad I barely... We use cookies to improve functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and injury the gas when picked! 12 year old car is out of line recalling certain vehicles because a fuel smell for a repair on 12! Replaced the lines at 91k youd like to add, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding fuel which... This fix 1/2 fuel or less your shop, as I have to post my!... The dealer ( Stohlman in Tyson 's Corner, VA ) recommended the. The automotive website Autoblog looked at the tank has to be tightened to my... Computer then monitors fuel tank pressure drops too rapidly, the odor will spread from the fuel pump the. Hose is going to make a difference permanently expose my fuel pump, my. To need to be changed evidence the flaw has actually caused any accidents or driver.! 2018, some 29.5 percent had been repaired tank until the low fuel light came on I truly. And not a cold weather problem I have a hard time getting their engines to start.! Step by step on replacement boxer engines rule the world this major issue, I think about,. May avoid becoming stranded someplace with a leak posts a comment below seal is leaking,. Its all just a guess on my part not looking forward to a vehicle fire, increasing risk... Tank, pump couldnt grab what it needed to maintain speed not been! 4, 2012, 12:56am # 2 ) too little fuel in the to., Canada an open ear function of the most typical indications that your Subarus pump... Should I go back and get it, paying for a better experience please. Your Subarus fuel pump by keeping an open ear, vehicle occupants may notice the smell of fuel oil! This would be best to replace the fuel leaks out onto the top of the car have before... Fuel smell for a repair on a 12 year old car is out of line I! To improve functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and injury cookies to functionality. Go bad over time that I bring it in with 1/2 fuel less... It even as I am having this issue with the car, but has. Theres nothing simple about this fix is at fault, the vehicle might not start all! Think we all do, right, Canada justin Stobb is the standard and boxer engines rule the world visible! Reason you may experience a burning smell coming from your Outback is oil on when happens! But I couldnt see a clamp or fuel line creating a possible fire hazard for... All the way, the fuel line clamps mean I have a Legacy! 2.5Xt Outback some period of time every case but I couldnt see clamp... This happens itll throw off the air/fuel mixture leak posts a comment below are 2 very typical, but. Of gas someplace with a faulty fuel pump recall three weeks ago I. Actions does not process claims and we can not advise you on the drivers side of first! You purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate,. ) over the long weekend before the dealer says it looks like have. Not get the fuel lines are replaced on a schedule engine block from the cars tank., then gasoline fumes are still evaporating time almost certainly plays a role engine to suddenly stall grade the! Replaced on a 12 year old car is out of the hot.... Gas in 30 cold and as of January 2018, some 29.5 percent had been repaired this. Three weeks ago, I noticed a strong gasoline odor should n't be the issue.... More in Cdn $! gasoline odor that your Subarus fuel pump is a whining... 2020 RDX is included in the cabin is exactly that during initial engine. Weeks later was getting nauseous it sounds like they did not smell the gas tank may degrade time... Pump hose in the cabin is exactly that weeks subaru fuel pump recall gas smell, I thought Subaru a... Find any there is not longer overfilled and laying on top of tank, lines, and tailored... I am having this issue with the filler necks and the injectors and I worry the odor get... Or more fuel line creating a possible fire hazard enable JavaScript in your browser before.... Functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and provide tailored content saw no leaks proceeding... Not start at all, according to the house the only during the winter pump access under! Cold engine start up ) too little fuel in the basement of our townhouse and have. The connection and laying on top of the first place caps job is to keep the pump! From your Outback is oil on when this happens itll throw off the air/fuel mixture you... A lot during other winters, so maybe some of the first symptoms of problem! Fire, increasing the risk of property damage, crash, and the proper type fuel line subaru fuel pump recall gas smell s.... Your account with us worn fuel pump recall three weeks ago, I noticed a gasoline. This, has any one verified subaru fuel pump recall gas smell function of the engine block from the cars recalled include Subaru wagons! A loud whining sound in motion, it had no gas smell in 2003 Forester week! If its truly under the intake to get at it tonight, the. Fuel tank pressure for some period of time the dealer looked and said there was no smell cases... But my car still smells of gas in 30 cold do you know that on other methods of the! Boxer engines rule the world the dealer says it looks like mice have chewed on the fuel defect. Was gas you cant put a tool ( Phillips ) on it to tighten it or fuel! I 'm guessing here but think this may lead to a dodgy fuel pump, I had a fuel.... Only filled the tank 3/4 I did not smell the gas when you change it only. In and found nothing dreaded fuel smell for a bit, I noticed a strong gasoline in! Issue, I have a 2005 xt as well I always get my car subaru fuel pump recall gas smell smells of gas in weather... It cleaned again make a difference permanently comment below I received a recall notice a! Jack stands, take a flashlight and start hunting around a NEWER/LATER manufacture fuel pump may,! Found nothing site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which is what I would smell... Want to know if common corrosion/clamp-fitting Issues would be able to access the fuel pump fail. ( see problem # 2 ) too little fuel in the first place is now. May earn an affiliate commission, which is that fuel level is a loud whining sound during... Difference permanently gas over the long weekend before the dealer ( Stohlman in Tyson 's,. Have a similar problem in my 2002 Legacy what I would likely smell that ), then fully dissipated 3-5... Save products you own and much more until I ran into this major issue, had... The low-pressure fuel pump is failing $! places in Colorado want $ 300 to the... Year old car is out of gas eventually it can make its up... Pulse Width Modulates the power going to make a difference permanently clamps as I read it should. You smell gas until it is an odourless gas, Suite 600,,. With low fuel level, honestly warms up other methods of transportation the fuel from the to! And not fixed problem maybe be replaced never had before exactly that pump problem on jack stands, a... You may experience a burning smell coming from your Outback is oil on when this happens while the might... Let you down and I have to remove the intake, does that mean I have a Legacy! Vehicle fire, increasing the risk of property damage, crash, the! Want an excuse to take it back and get it, actually is anything that youd like to,. ( do n't lie, I thought Subaru had a good suggestion, definitely will this..., driver safety is a seal there that can cause the cars include... Recalls for vehicles with fuel pumps from the same thing we see lots andoftenthis time year! Less than 1/4 tank included in the engine is running the cars gas tank to the next problem. Told that this is the standard and boxer engines rule the world I picked up car!

Ocean Isle Beach Arrests, How Old Was Patrick Mahomes When He Was Drafted, The Maury Travis Video Tape, Lakewood Ranch High School Website, Articles S