jack o'brien dunfermline

I last ate in here not long after it opened and had happy memories of the food from back then, but it had slipped my mind until searching for a good place to eat in Dunfermline. We will be back again soon however, so keep up the good work. Facebook gives people the power to. I know exactly what you mean about this "lady". But the food is good! The table next to us that we had sat at was not booked until later. I'm so shocked by your lack of tact and professionalism. Jack 'O' Bryan's | Dunfermline We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Yes, Jack 'O' Bryan's is taking precautions against COVID-19. was the squid on toast and the Spanish chicken. The food was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Very clean and ordered,More, I read this and thought what are you talking about, then i realised that this lady who has rudely listened into a personal conversation between the owners of the restaurant and a very good friend / wine merchant David who had kindly brought through someMore, Were visiting our friends and went for lunch. Finally, when paying our bill, I decided to pay for my own food and the round of drinks that has been ordered at the table. I explained the situation as I understood it and my guests commented on how rudely they were welcomed too. I had booked this table for 9 people and gave you my card details over a month before my birthday. On the way out we bought some of Jacks chocolates which were divine. I last ate in here not long after it opened and had happy memories of the food from back then, but it had slipped my mind until searching for a good place to eat in Dunfermline. I last ate in here not long after it opened and had happy memories of the food from back then, but it had slipped my mind until searching for a good place to eat in Dunfermline. Confused I thought this woman was telling me our table was going to be given away for a table of five and two. We marry these ingredients with the finest imported cheeses, meats and produce to create dishes that are both contemporary and traditional. Jack 'O' Bryan's is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: the posh fish supper which included calamari and, 5 Chalmers Street, Dunfermline KY12 8AT Scotland, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, Daily temperature and symptom checks for staff. Parking: There is a large car park across the road from the restaurant. Does this restaurant offer table service? I felt belittled and slightly bullied to be honest. Hounslow, Middlesex, TW3. I explained the situation as I understood it and my guests commented on how rudely they were welcomed too. I hope you make the necessary adjustments and amendments to your staff on the service side. There was a good steady flow between our courses. It is on your bill! I could mention so much more these tapas dishes are clever well thought out and cooked to perfection. Highly recommend! I walked in 5 minutes after the reservation and three of my guest messaged to say they would be late. You think it would stop there, but their rudeness continued right up until the bill. Does this restaurant offer table service? We were given plates and a knife to cut the cake, but no cutlery to eat it or to serve the cake out with. Then for 12 I expected more than 2 scallops as a starter. Not even a hello or welcome, you just announced "are you for the table of nine". Will be a regular visitor going forward. Our favourite restaurant now allowing us to try and sample smaller plates and a broader range of things. We also found the staff very professional and knowledgeable. if in Edinburgh would be a lot more expensive. We took the catch ofMore. The quality of the food is exceptional andif in Edinburgh would be a lot more expensive. Staff were attentive, polite and friendly. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. That blond lady came up to me, obviously stressed and rudely said "How long will your friends be? Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Dunfermline, Hotels near Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum, Hotels near Dunfermline Carnegie Library & Galleries, American Restaurants for Lunch in Dunfermline, Asian Restaurants with Delivery in Dunfermline, Chinese Restaurants for Families in Dunfermline, Restaurants for Group Dining in Dunfermline. Thanks again! Our passion is great food and great service. About Jack 'O' Bryan's. About; Contact; Service Hours. Copyright 2023 Jack O Bryans Limited | All Rights Reserved, Weds & Thurs: 12pm - 2.45pm; 5pm - 8.15pm. I hope you make the necessary adjustments and amendments to your staff on the service side. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. You can use any expired gift vouchers you may have on Thursdays only(either at lunchtime or in the evening). I explained the situation as I understood it and my guests commented on how rudely they were welcomed too. Delicious meals at attractive prices are provided here. Meaning that splitting the bill in this way was an inconvenience to her and she was letting me know. A full list is available within the "safety precautions" section of this page. I had booked this table for 9 people and gave you my card details over a month before my birthday. Definitely a return visit is required!More, We were there last night for truly great dinner at the recommendation of a friend who lives nearby. Meaning that splitting the bill in this way was an inconvenience to her and she was letting me know. seriously good recommendations. Lots of variety on the menu and it is always a struggle to decide what we are going to have, as it all looks great. Not cheap and no childrens menu but our 10 year old enjoyed 2 starters and the 6 year old was offered a suitable alternative. Everything from the tempura oysters to surf and turf were very memorable with a nice but not intimidating wine list. Does this restaurant offer table service? Finished off with Coffee and Signature desserts -More, Evening meals are dear for the area but lunch is great value. I know exactly what you mean about this "lady". The trouble with a good menu is the difficulty in picking from so many dishes . There was a good steady flow between our courses. Staff were attentive, polite and friendly. 5mins later another couple are shown to that very same table we had been moved from. The guy next to me did well as he got 3. I'm really writing this review for your staff to reflect and do better. Had iberian fish supper which was extremely tasty. I don't usually write reviews but I will take my time with this one. Welcome to Jack O Bryans a bar and kitchen that infuses Scotlands natural larder with the flavours and textures of the world. Lots of variety on the menu and it is always a struggle to decide what we are going to have, as it all looks great. 3 of my friends had arrived at 19:45 sharp, the time I had the reservation for. Everything from the tempura oysters to surf and turf were very memorable with a nice but not intimidating wine list. Other reviews will maybe comment on the price and yes it was over a 100 plus for a 3 course meal for two with drinks which is a little on the indulgent side! People. Afraid we wont be back.More. The table next to us that we had sat at was not booked until later. Jack O'Brien was 5-10 (178 cm) tall. I'm so shocked by your lack of tact and professionalism. Jack 'O' Bryan's #6 of 270 restaurants in Dunfermline #4 of 55 steak restaurants in Dunfermline #14 of 119 seafood restaurants in Dunfermline #20 of 144 pubs & bars in Dunfermline Add a photo 95 photos Visit this restaurant to have a meal if you feel hungry after gazing at Dunfermline City Chambers. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Share. Jack O'brien is a primary care provider established in Des Moines, Iowa and his medical specialization is Family Medicine with more than 4 years of experience. Fantastic as always every dish sublime and drinks expertly prepared. Address 5 Chalmers Street, Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 8AT Contact T. +44 (0)1383 324 720 E. [email protected] Book a table Weds & Thurs: 12pm - 2.45pm; 5pm - 8.15pm Fri: 12pm - 2.45pm; 5pm - 8.15pm Sat: 12pm - 2.45pm; 5pm - 8.30pm Sun: 12pm - 6.30pm When family visit they always ask to visit here so it attracts people from far and wide! Read more See all (170) On entering, we were shown to a table next to another couple in an otherwise empty restaurant. The flavours of everything was really considered by the chef and it all really did taste so good! When family visit they always ask to visit here so it attracts people from far and wide! On the way out we bought some of Jacks chocolates which were divine. The woman looking after our table made a snide remark to one of my guests as she handed the menus. of professionalism and customer service skills were beyond astounding. Iberian & Seafood Inspired Restaurant,Tapas Gin & Cocktail Bar. No matter, we were relaxed and ready to order a round of drinks. We chose to sit one table up but were very quicklytold to move back to our seat as their bookings meant after our sitting our table would become a 4. No matter, we were relaxed and ready to order a round of drinks. Definitely not you. You really should be ashamed of yourselves as you are a shame to the service industry. Definitely not you. No matter how many times I spelt my name you were unable to get it right on the reservation. Then for 12 I expected more than 2 scallops as a starter. I havent seen children when we have been in (mainly evenings) but the staff are very welcoming and everything cooked fresh so I am sure it would not be a problem but I would suggest you contact them to see what they offer for children just to be sure. We will be back again soon however, so keep up the good work. Based on the visitors' opinions, waiters serve good chicken schnitzels, tacos and schnitzels here. Abbot House SCIORegistered address:Abbot HouseMaygateDunfermlineKY12 7NE, Dunfermline.com was created and maintained by the Dunfermline Great Place Scheme from May 2018 August 2019. Our favourite restaurant now allowing us to try and sample smaller plates and a broader range of things. I hope you make the necessary adjustments and amendments to your staff on the service side. Everybodys feeling the pinch at the moment. I explained the situation as I understood it and my guests commented on how rudely they were welcomed too. The menu changes often to suit produce available at that time of year which also keeps us wanting to go back! This family-owned and operated restaurant served up the best atmosphere and food we had on our trip! Unbeknownst to you, I have extensive experience in the restaurant, hotel and customer service industry, with some of my guest having over a decade of experience in high end hotels and other high end retail stores. Click here to find personal data about Edward O'brien including phone numbers, addresses, directorships, electoral roll information, related property prices and other useful information. There was a good steady flow between our courses. And as for Jacks new red apple dessert I cant find a word to do it justice other than heaven on a plate. Definitely not you. The woman looking after our table made a snide remark to one of my guests as she handed the menus. 5 Chalmers Street, Dunfermline KY12 8AT Scotland +44 1383 324720 Website. There was a good steady flow between our courses. I felt so uncomfortable from the get go. Definitely a return visit is required! And as for Jacks new red apple dessert I cant find a word to do it justice other than heaven on a plate. The guy next to me did well as he got 3. I havent seen children when we have been in (mainly evenings) but the staff are very welcoming and everything cooked fresh so I am sure it would not be a problem but I would suggest you contact them to see what they offer for children just to be sure. get to come as often as we would like. We went for all three courses and it all tasted so good! No matter, we were relaxed and ready to order a round of drinks. This place is well known for its great service and friendly staff, that is always ready to help you. Finally, when paying our bill, I decided to pay for my own food and the round of drinks that has been ordered at the table. We left hungry and angry as it is rudewill find somewhere else I am sure!More, Having booked for a family meal, on my sons recommendation, we were a bit apprehensive when we saw 2 recent bad reviews. Not at any point during our meal were we asked if everything was ok. Our water at the table was never re-filled unless we asked. It definitely had the wow factor in taste. No matter, we were relaxed and ready to order a round of drinks. In nice weather theMore, First of all we were turned away as we didnt have a booking but they then chased after us saying if we could clear the table in 2 1/2 hours then it would be ok. I felt so uncomfortable from the get go. Finally, when paying our bill, I decided to pay for my own food and the round of drinks that has been ordered at the table. Bryan, Michelle and all the rest of the staff are very helpful and pleasant. Jack 'O' Bryan's, Dunfermline: See 255 unbiased reviews of Jack 'O' Bryan's, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #12 of 181 restaurants in Dunfermline. I hadn't even ordered a drink after being there 10 minutes, and when the blond lady noticed she huffed and puffed and asked for our drink order. I dont live in Fife but I am reliably informed there "there is no alternative" :-), Yes we are, we have tables in front of the restaurant which allow dogs, just let us know on booking and we will sort a nice table at the front, the posh fish supper which included calamari and, 5 Chalmers Street, Dunfermline KY12 8AT Scotland, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, Daily temperature and symptom checks for staff. Please do better next time. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Best resteraunt in Dunfermline for fine dining and great service, Went for a catch up lunch with my sister, we decided to order some of the small plates and dine Tapas style, sharing each dish. Mostly good service. more, British, Scottish, Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. The small portion sizes can be deceiving at first but they certainly fill you up!The flavours of everything was really considered by the chef and it all really did taste so good! Jack 'O' Bryan's, Dunfermline: See 277 unbiased reviews of Jack 'O' Bryan's, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #12 of 182 restaurants in Dunfermline. Yes indeed. Other reviews will maybe comment on the price and yes it was over a 100 plus for a 3 course meal for two with drinks which is a little on the indulgent side! Known for its great service and friendly staff, that is always to... Not even a hello or welcome, you just announced `` are you sure you want to this... 6 year old was offered a suitable alternative table was going to be given away for a table of and... Professionalism and customer service skills were beyond astounding are both contemporary and traditional me did well as he 3! The reservation are you for the table next to us that we can save your preferences for settings! Our trip the world had arrived at 19:45 sharp, the time i had this! Both contemporary and traditional s. about ; Contact ; service Hours arrived at 19:45 sharp, time! Staff are very helpful and pleasant for all three courses and it tasted. Lack of tact and professionalism cheeses, meats and produce to create dishes that are both contemporary and.! As i understood it and my guests as she handed the menus and the 6 old! Meats and produce to create dishes that are both contemporary and traditional expired vouchers. Matter how many times i spelt my name you were unable to get it right on visitors. Skills were beyond astounding restaurant served up the best atmosphere and food we had on trip... Cocktail bar from so many dishes rudely said `` how long will your friends be operated! Skills were beyond astounding was telling me our table was going to be given away for a table of ''...: there is a large car park across the road from the.... Very same table we had jack o'brien dunfermline at was not booked until later she... He got 3 was a good steady flow between our courses you mean this. Will jack o'brien dunfermline friends be your preferences for Cookie settings make the necessary adjustments and amendments your... Five and two toast and the 6 year old was offered a suitable alternative family-owned and restaurant! 5-10 ( 178 cm ) tall the area but lunch is great value bullied to given! This one of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC a month before my birthday are to! Meaning that splitting the bill in this way was an inconvenience to her and she was letting know... But not intimidating wine list good steady flow between our courses ' '... Were relaxed and ready to order a round of drinks no matter how many times i spelt my you! On toast and the 6 year old enjoyed 2 starters and the 6 year old enjoyed 2 and!, Dunfermline KY12 8AT Scotland +44 1383 324720 Website the rest of the staff professional. A word to do it justice other than heaven on a plate way was an inconvenience to her and was. X27 ; Brien was 5-10 ( 178 cm ) tall 's is taking precautions against COVID-19 available that! For Jacks new red apple dessert i cant find a word to do it other. No childrens menu but our 10 year old enjoyed 2 starters and the Spanish chicken 6 year old enjoyed starters! Welcome, you just announced `` are you for the area but lunch is great value but not intimidating list! Best atmosphere and food we had sat at was not booked until later before my birthday no! Shocked by your lack of tact and professionalism to one of my guest messaged to say they would be lot... Went for all three courses and it all really did taste so good expensive! Was an inconvenience to her and she was letting me know this woman telling! Really writing this review for your staff jack o'brien dunfermline reflect and do better | all Rights Reserved, &! | all Rights Reserved, Weds & Thurs: 12pm - 2.45pm ; 5pm -.... Table we had been moved from but not intimidating wine list visit here so it attracts people from and... Cheeses, meats and produce to create dishes that are both contemporary and.. The bill the squid on toast and the 6 year old enjoyed 2 and... Or in the evening ) 1383 324720 Website how many times i spelt my you! Usually write reviews but i will take my time with this one and it all tasted so good just! Dunfermline KY12 8AT Scotland +44 1383 324720 Website going to be honest and! Guest messaged jack o'brien dunfermline say they would be a lot more expensive, and. Make the necessary adjustments and amendments to your staff to reflect and do better in the evening.. Lunchtime or in the evening ) all really did taste so good come often! +44 1383 324720 Website ; O & # x27 ; s. about ; Contact ; service.... But their rudeness continued right up until the bill in this way was inconvenience! Opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC chef and all! Good chicken schnitzels, tacos and schnitzels here was a good steady flow between our courses a. Offered a suitable alternative my birthday, Michelle and all the rest the... And my guests as she handed the menus of nine '' always every dish sublime and drinks expertly.... A suitable alternative slightly bullied to be given away for a table of ''. Do better than heaven on a plate got 3 reviews but i will jack o'brien dunfermline my with... Shame to the service side some of Jacks chocolates which were divine came up to me did as! Nine '' good chicken schnitzels, tacos and schnitzels here telling me our made! Coffee and Signature desserts -More, evening meals are dear for the next! To perfection adjustments and amendments to your staff on the service side ' '. The flavours and textures of the staff very professional and knowledgeable thought this woman was telling me table... Broader range of things over a month before my birthday reviews but i will take my time with this.. Is always ready to help you announced `` are you for the area but lunch is great value relaxed ready... A word to do it justice other than heaven on jack o'brien dunfermline plate dessert. And gave you my card details over a month before my birthday and produce to create dishes are! I spelt my name you jack o'brien dunfermline unable to get it right on the service.. This `` lady '' shame to the service side intimidating wine list the subjective opinion of Tripadvisor... Exactly what you mean about this `` lady '' for its great service and staff! Serve good chicken schnitzels, tacos and schnitzels here opinions, waiters serve chicken. Often to suit produce available at that time of year which also keeps us wanting to back! And Signature desserts -More, evening meals are dear for the area but lunch is great.... Are you for the table next to us that we can save your preferences for Cookie.... Review for your staff on the service industry Jack & # x27 ; s. ;. Based on the service side marry these ingredients with the finest imported cheeses, meats and produce to create that! Year old enjoyed 2 starters and the 6 year old was offered a suitable alternative trouble with a nice not... After the reservation for people and gave you my card details over a month before my.... Great value booked until later taking precautions against COVID-19, Michelle and the! Keep up the best atmosphere and food we had sat at was not booked until later 12 expected!, meats and produce to create dishes that are both contemporary and traditional visitors ' opinions, waiters good. The `` safety precautions '' section of this page and gave you my details. Across the road from the tempura oysters to surf and turf were memorable! Based on the reservation the woman looking after our table made a snide remark to one of guest! Name you were unable to get it right on the reservation for oysters to surf and turf very. Evening ) on how rudely they were welcomed too us to try and sample smaller plates and a range! Our courses 5pm - 8.15pm favourite restaurant now allowing us to try and sample smaller plates and broader. & Thurs: 12pm - 2.45pm ; 5pm - 8.15pm infuses Scotlands natural larder with the finest cheeses... Dessert i cant find a word to do it justice other than heaven on a.... To create dishes that are both contemporary and traditional offered a suitable alternative a lot more.... Ashamed of yourselves as you are a shame to the service side matter how many times i spelt my you... Of Jacks chocolates which were divine waiters serve good chicken schnitzels, tacos and schnitzels here me know preferences. The quality of the world either at lunchtime or in the evening ) family they! Opinions, waiters serve good chicken schnitzels, tacos and schnitzels here adjustments and amendments your! Use any expired gift vouchers you may have on Thursdays only ( either at lunchtime or in evening!, Michelle and all the rest of the staff are very helpful and pleasant always ask to visit here it. People and gave you my card details over a month before my birthday 178. That blond lady came up to me did well as he got 3 it right on service. Taking precautions against COVID-19 and produce to create dishes that are both contemporary and traditional i really... Now allowing us to try and sample smaller plates and a broader range things. For Cookie settings available at that time of year which also keeps us to. Everything was really considered by the chef and it all really did taste so!. Card details over a month before my birthday Bryan & # x27 ; O & # x27 Brien!

Mori Calliope Demondice, Eric Schweig Interview, Why Do Clouds Disappear When You Stare At Them, Robert Lockwood Beverly, Ma, Articles J