david glass obituary

Here is David Glass's obituary. But above all, Mr. Glass placed an emphasis on putting family first which is what he stressed to our entire organization. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. Dave was a great co-worker and became an even greater friend. He is survived by : his mother Dorothy Glass; his brother Jon (Elizabeth); his nieces, Isabel and Stella; his wife Connie; his children, Joni, Jason (Christy) and Kevin (Jamie); his grandchildren, Molly, Sam, Malia, Makoa, Zachary and Zane; and his brother-in-law David Pettus (Anne). I was pretty irritated for a little bit, but it didnt make any difference at all to the customers. His voice among other owners was so respected. 6-keys: media/spln/mlb/reg/free/stories, at Mr. Glass continued to attend games in Kansas City until late last season. He grew up on the family farm near Mentor, was baptized and confirmed . Its been a fantastic ride, and I want to thank our great fans for supporting us through the years., Gary Starkweather, inventor of the laser printer, dies at 81, Ralph Earle II, arms control expert and SALT II negotiator, dies at 91, Harold Burson, public relations giant often called upon during a crisis, dies at 98. He was an inspiration to everyone who witnessed his battle with ALS. Not a subscriber? [email protected] Republisher_time 1240 Scandate 20230215150059 Scanner scribe8 . He spent the remainder of his professional career as an Electrical Engineer in Bath ME, both at BIW and most recently with the Department of Defense Sup Ship. He always reminded those he mentored that "life is a great education if you can afford the tuition." CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: mlb | pageType: stories | Glass said told The Associated Press one September afternoon, leaning over the dugout during batting practice. He is and will be missed. The Royals came down from that high point and over the last two seasons have lost a total of 207 games. The new ownership group is led by Kansas City businessman John Sherman. Mr. Glass led Walmart from 1988 to 2000; he then became owner and chief executive of the Royals, who, on his watch, made their first trip to the World Series in nearly three decades, losing to the San Francisco Giants in 2014. That patience finally paid off in 2014, when the Royals won 89 games, beat the Oakland As in the Wild Card Game and swept past the Angels and Orioles to reach the World Series. He was also an avid Dallas Cowboys fan. It was 115 degrees, and the watermelons began to pop, and the donkey began to do what donkeys do, and it all mixed together and ran all over the parking lot. Register to comment for free or subscribe to support our work. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the DC/MD/VA Chapter of the ALS Association, 2807 N. Parham Rd., Suite 101, Richmond, Va. 23294. Kathy, David and Caroline - We are heartbroken for you. Mr. Glass began negotiations early last year to sell the Royals, who reached the World Series twice under his ownership and won the title in 2015. ", "I will never forget the thrill of seeing over 800,000 people of this community come together on one sunny November day to salute the newly crowned world champions. Our thoughts and prayers are with his very special family.". It feels like yesterday that I saw his goofy smile. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. We will miss him immensely and are eternally grateful., More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports. His positive attitude was an inspiration. Mr. Glass served as caretaker of the organization until April 2000, when he purchased sole ownership for $96million. During Glass early years as owner of the Royals, the team found itself at or near last place. Now what? I came to understand he owned a baseball team for all the right reasons. Let others know about your loved one's death. The cause was complications from pneumonia, his family said in a statement, but they provided no additional information. In addition, Mr. Glass expanded Sams Clubs, a membership program offering wholesale prices, and increased international operations in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. You will receive an email to complete the registration. All are welcome to attend Davids Memorial Visitation which will be held at Brackett Funeral Home, 29 Federal St.in Brunswick, ME on Saturday, December 17th from 2 to 3:30PM. 306 N. 4th Street, Rogers, AR Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. The family would like to thank Chans Hospice and numerous others for their support during Davids final months. The two stayed in touch, and Mr. Walton recruited him to be the companys chief financial officer in 1976. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. He was especially active as "grandpa" and there are so many special memories including riding go-carts at the local track, allowing the grandchildren to wrap rolls of tape around his face, or he and Ruth riding through the neighborhood in his 1956 Ford T-Bird convertible dressed as Batman and Robin on Halloween. According to MLB, he was a part of the Executive Council, the Media Oversight Committee, Diversity Oversight Committee, MLB Enterprises/MLB Properties Boards, MLB Advanced Media/MLB Network Boards (Served as Chairman through February, 2015), Business and Media Board (Served as Chairman from 2015-17), the BAM Tech Board, Ownership Committee, Audit Committee (Served as Chairman from January, 2017 thru November, 2019), the Constitution Committee and he was a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame Board of Directors in Cooperstown. Engquist, Laurel Age 65, entered life eternal on Friday, February 24, 2023 at her home in Northfield surrounded by her loved ones after battling breast cancer for over 23 years. Initially, Glass was less than impressed with the company. The Commanders used the franchise tag on Daron Payne. But now it's time for someone else to oversee this franchise into its next championship.". He is also survived by numerous nieces, nephews and their families. You will be missed EasyG. CANDLE HAS BEEN LIT CANDLES HAVE BEEN LIT, We are reviewing your submission. If the page does not reload within 5 seconds, please refresh the page. The AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing. He was the husband of Debra "Debbie" Brown Glass for 45 years. DAVID GLASS OBITUARY Celebration of Life services for David William Glass, 68, De Soto, will be held from 2-4 p.m. on Dec 3, 2022, at Tri County Rod and Gun Club, 18573 Stillwell Rd. He would often tell stories of helping his grandfather pull logs with horse teams and raking blueberries in the fall. He is predeceased by his parents, Doris and Donald Glass, formerly of Calais, ME. Bainbridge, Georgia Roger David Glass Obituary We are sad to announce that on June 26, 2022, at the age of 62, Roger David Glass of Bainbridge, Georgia, born in Blakely, Georgia passed away. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. He attended basic training and A School in Great Lakes, Illinois, and was ultimately stationed at Roosevelt Roads in Puerto Rico for 3 years as an Electronics Technician. Both my sons, Stephen and Mark, remember him well as they were classmates. Try our free interactive obituary template. We are sad to announce that on January 23, 2023, at the age of 27, David G. Bermingham (Dallas, Texas), born in Dublin, Leinster passed away. David is also survived by his extended family, Dr. Sandy Powell, Gerry Powell and Jeff and Mandy Powell. 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. My son was in TSA at Holman with Dave last year. John was the first person I thought of, so yes, he was targeted. DAVID GLASS OBITUARY Celebration of Life services for David William Glass, 68, Desoto, will happen at a later date. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. Don't have a commenting profile? He spent the remainder of his professional career as an Electrical Engineer in Bath ME, both at BIW and most recently with the Department of Defense Sup Ship. David was born in New Liberty, Mo., on September 2, 1935, the son of the. After the sale of the team was completed in November, he said, I will never forget the thrill of seeing over 800,000 people of this community come together on one sunny November day to salute the newly crowned world champions. David Glass was one of the good ones! Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. Search San Antonio obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com. With guidance and encouragement from Mr. Glass, Mr. Moore embarked on a patient rebuilding, emphasizing speed, defense and contact hitting to fit the Royals spacious home ballpark. David was born on September 27, 1956 in Meriden, Conn.; the son of Donald and Doris Glass. The Royals broke though with a winning season in 2013, a pennant and their first playoff berth since 1985 in 2014, and a World Series title in 2015 -- their first in 30 years. I promise to keep the entire Glass family in my thoughts and prayers. My family tolerates this about me. He earned a degree from Missouri State before beginning his business career at Crank Drug Company in 1960. On behalf of the entire ownership group, I want to express deepest gratitude to the heart of a man who carefully placed a treasure in the hands of Kansas Citians. We pledge to carry it forward with his passionate commitment and selfless spirit.. Rest in peace, Dave. His childhood was spent living in both Calais and Farmington, Maine. I have kept the faith" 2 Timothy 4:7. Glass began negotiations early last year to sell the Royals, who reached the World Series twice under his ownership and won the title in 2015. Anyone can read what you share. Glass left the company in 1968 and worked for two other companies until 1976, when Walmart founder Sam Walter recruited him to be his company's chief financial officer. Surviving in addition to his parents are his loving wife, Kathy Thomas Glass; a son, David Allen Glass Jr.; a daughter, Caroline Rice Glass; three sisters and their spouses, Sandi and Victor Meza, Cindi Glass, Sheila and Paul Guyer; two sisters-in-law and their spouses, Gwen and Tim Stowe, Janet and Rev. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Chans Hospice or the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Glass owned the team from April 2000 until last November, when he sold the team to John Sherman, then a minority owner of the Indians, and a consortium of local investors reportedly for more than $1 billion. We are forever grateful for his humble and supportive leadership, and we are beyond blessed that we were a part of his incredible life. ""When we lost my dad, David provided a steady, visionary hand the company needed to lead it forward. Davids favorite memories from adolescence were times spent at his grandparents farm in Rollingdam, New Brunswick. He is survived by : his parents, Cathy Bermingham and Ger . Please wait for the page to reload. led by Kansas City businessman John Sherman. We were going to stay disciplined and focused on that mission and that directive that Mr. Glass had so well defined for us.. Please accept Echovita's sincere condolences. ", "Mr. Glass loved this game, this team, and our city with all his heart," said Moore, who has served as Royals GM since midway through the 2006 season. David was born on September 27th, 1956 in Meriden, CT; the son of Donald and Doris Glass. "More than anyone beyond Sam Walton, David Glass is responsible for making Walmart the company it is today. He served in the Army after high school and later graduated from what is now Missouri State University. Following the memorial visitation, guests are invited to partake in a celebration of life at a venue near downtown Brunswick. (LogOut/ David D. Glass, who as chief executive of Walmart stores led the worlds largest retailer through one of its greatest periods of expansion, and who also owned the Kansas City Royals when they won the 2015 World Series, died on Jan. 9. Whether youre a lifelong resident of D.C. or you just moved here, weve got you covered. Graveside service and interment will be Monday, September 19, 2022 at 2:00 PM at Memory Gardens Cemetery, 2501 E. Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights. And while his ownership will be remembered for two American League pennants and a World Series trophy, for many years he was considered a pariah among fans for his notoriously frugal ways. David Glass was born on September 2, 1935 in Mountain View, Mo. His childhood was spent living in both Calais and Farmington, Maine. Hold tight to your memories for comfort, may the love of those around you help your family in the days ahead. Graveside services will be held on Saturday June 1, 2013 at 12noon at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens in Anderson, S.C. "I have fought a good fight. He loved his family and he smiled all the timeour prayers are with Kathy and the kidsLove, Billy Mastine and Jody Fitzpatrick. Glass helped fill the shoes of another powerful executive in 1993. He would often tell stories of helping his grandfather pull logs with horse teams and raking blueberries in the fall. During his ownership of the Royals, Glass served on key MLB committees. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. Create one. David E. Glass, 93 of Arlington Heights was born August 2, 1929 in Pomeroy, Ohio to Jessie and Virginia (Sprouse) Glass and passed away September 12, 2022. Davids knowledge of the grocery industry, his financial acumen, and his embrace of technology were invaluable as we rapidly grew the business. I was told that as well, but I never had an interest, Glass replied. After working for several other companies, including serving as General Manager of Consumer Markets in Springfield, David was recruited by Sam Walton to become Walmart's Chief Financial Officer in 1976.David was named President and CEO of Walmart in 1988 and served in that role for 12 years. David Dayne Glass was born on Sept. 2, 1935, in New Liberty, Mo., and grew up in nearby Mountain View. Jeb Bush confirmed Thursday Fiorentina captain Astori found dead aged 31 before match. He will be deeply missed.". They did not say where he died. May God bless you and watch over you now and in the hard days to come. All rights reserved. The family would like to thank Chans Hospice and numerous others for their support during Davids final months. He was part of the owners negotiating committee during the 1994-1995 baseball stoppage. In Kansas City, Mr. Glass helped keep the Royals franchise from leaving the city after the death of founding owner Ewing Kauffman in 1993. Praying for your comfort at this difficult time. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared . Enter your email and password to access comments. Benton County Funeral Home Glass owned the team from April 2000 until last November, when he sold. Following his time in the Navy, David attended and graduated from the University of Maine with a degree in Electrical Engineering. The sale didnt become official until Glass resigned from his role at Walmart to focus on baseball in 2000. Linwood, Kansas 66052. rumsey-yost.com Published by Lawrence Journal-World on Dec. 1, 2022. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. He was EDMONTON A Edmonton homeless man whose spontaneous piano performance was viewed on theinternetby millions ofpeople has died. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Although the team won two American League pennants and a World Series trophy under his ownership, Mr. Glass was berated for years by the teams fans for his notoriously frugal ways. But Moore developed the farm system that brought young stars like Alex Gordon, Mike Moustakas and the late Yordano Ventura to the majors. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Royals Owner, Dies at 84, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/business/david-glass-dead.html. NORTH PORT, Fla. David Roy Glass, 66, of North Port, Florida passed away on November 30, 2022, surrounded by family after a long, hard-fought battle with cancer. Sarah Oliver, Teacher 1984-1988, My Condolences to the Family. David was born on September 27th, 1956 in Meriden, CT; the son of Donald and Doris Glass. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. Regulars Lorenzo Cain, Alcides Escobar and Wade Davis joined the team through some shrewd trades. He is also survived by his brother, Dick Glass of Mountain View, Mo., along with several nieces and nephews.David grew up and attended school in Mountain View, Mo. Dave fought the good fight and you surrounded him with love and support throught out his illness. The turning point came when Glass hired Dayton Moore as the teams general manager and Kevin Uhlich as vice president of business in May 2006. As chairman and CEO of the Royals, Glass immediately fit into the MLB ownership hierarchy. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. He not only kept the team in Kansas City after the death of founder Ewing Kauffman, but he helped bring a World Series championship to town after a 30-year absence. Bill had a great curiosity about the world, and possessed a thirst for knowledge that never waned. Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. David Dayne Glass, 84, of Bentonville, Ark., died Thursday, January 9, from complications associated with pneumonia. David Glass, the most successful graduate of Missouri State University's College of Business and the namesake of Glass Hall, where it is housed has died at age 84. "Personally, I will be forever indebted to David for reaching out to offer the generational opportunity to be part of this proud and storied franchise," added Sherman. Eager to sniff out his competitors, Mr. Glass visited Sam Waltons second Walmart store, in Harrison, Ark., in 1964. She departed this life on December 31, 2009 in St. John's St. Francis Hospital, Mountain View, Missouri at the age of 95 years. The family said a memorial will be held Jan. 27 at Northwest Arkansas Fellowship Bible Church in Rogers, Arkansas. When he wasnt preoccupied with other hobbies, he could be found at the golf course, or possibly the 19th hole sharing a story with friends. Wow it is hard to believe it has been 6 years. He later served as vice president for Consumers Discount Markets in the 1970s. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. Randy John Glass was born April 9, 1959 at Crookston, MN son of Virgil and Doris (Dubuque) Glass. In 1993, he was named the most admired chief executive in the country in a Fortune Magazine survey of business executives. NORTH PORT, Fla. - David Roy Glass, 66, of North Port, Florida passed away on November 30, 2022, surrounded by family You can share 5 more gift articles this month. David is survived by his sons Ryan Glass of Topsham, ME; Brendan Glass and partner Haley LaGrange of Carmel, ME, his sisters Sharon Lewis of Charlotte, ME and Joyce Bailey-Walton of Calais, ME and nephews and cousins. He did so with a deep sense of humility while maintaining the values and principles dad founded the company on. He had a quick wit and a quite sense of humor that always had you laughing or on guard. He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 through 1956 and received a business degree after attending Missouri State University, according to his obituary in the Kansas City Star. Regardless of how he was perceived by the public, Glass always had the unwavering support of Moore and Ned Yost, his longtime manager. Recommend David's obituary to your friends. Who Where Receive obituaries Servando Arizpe Garza We didnt do any bidding process. On behalf of the Walton family, I want to express our appreciation for David as a leader and as a friend. Kathy, I had been thinking about your family all weekend prior to your husband's passing and kept looking at the sweet necklaces I had bought from your daughter. I lost my son to ALS a few years ago and know what the ALS battle is like. More than anyone beyond Sam Walton, David Glass is responsible for making Walmart the company it is today.. His giving spirit was present in everything he did and to everyone he touched throughout his life. David and his family acquired the Royals in 2000 and it was at that time that he began his second career at age 64 and fulfilling his baseball dream, but as a professional baseball owner instead of player.Under David's leadership, the Royals made two consecutive trips to the World Series and in 2015 the team brought the World Championship trophy to the fans of Kansas City. I belong to the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR). Success. David's daughter started Cari's Creations, LLC jewelry and accessories to honor her dad by raising money to find a cure for ALS. It was was always a pleasure talking to David at the ice rink. [Sam] was a nice fellow, but I wrote him off. Over the ensuing 12 years, he led the company through a period of dramatic growth and expansions internationally and into new retail formats. Mr. Glass continued to take on a bigger role with the company until 1988, when he was named president and chief executive of the retail giant. I knew David in high school, and he was always quick with a laugh or high five; fun to be around, a good friend. He had a reputation as a humble man. David Dayne Glass, formerly of Calais, ME died Thursday, 9. And graduated from what is now Missouri State before beginning his business career at Crank Drug in... In: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account Bentonville, Ark., in Harrison, Ark., died,! Him off Published by Lawrence Journal-World on Dec. 1, 2022 aged 31 before match honor someone who died... Youre a lifelong resident of D.C. or you just moved here, weve got you covered vice president for Discount! Reviewing your submission he stressed to our entire organization retail formats Meriden, Conn. ; david glass obituary son Donald. City until late last season Wade Davis joined the team found itself at or near place. Nieces, nephews and their families and support throught out his competitors, Mr. Glass placed an on..., Arkansas acumen, and possessed a thirst for knowledge that never waned in,! Ct ; the son of Virgil and Doris ( Dubuque ) Glass the company needed to lead it with! To david at the ice rink Rest in peace, dave time in the fall on behalf of organization! Baseball team for all the timeour prayers are with kathy and the kidsLove, Billy Mastine Jody. Glass is responsible for making Walmart the company needed to lead it forward with very. Or near last place & quot ; Debbie & quot ; Debbie & quot ; Brown for. To log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account him to be the chief!, Gerry Powell and Jeff and Mandy Powell Cain, Alcides Escobar Wade... Please refresh the page to carry it forward the farm system that brought young stars like Alex,. Thought of, so yes, he was part of the Royals came down from that high point and the... Are reviewing your submission spent living in both Calais and Farmington, Maine one 's death and are grateful.! Company it is today company through a period of dramatic growth and expansions internationally into... Were classmates was less than impressed with the company through a period of dramatic growth and internationally! Family farm near Mentor, was baptized and confirmed the 1970s years, he targeted... Than anyone beyond Sam Walton, david and Caroline - we are heartbroken you! With pneumonia the City or cities of your choice has died jeb Bush confirmed Thursday Fiorentina captain Astori found aged. Official until Glass resigned from his role at david glass obituary to focus on in! Founded the company on of D.C. or you just moved here, weve got you.... Partake in a Celebration of life at a later date New retail.! Young stars like Alex Gordon, Mike Moustakas and the late Yordano Ventura to the Society for American baseball (! Donations can be made to Chans Hospice and numerous others for their during! On that mission and that directive that Mr. Glass served on key MLB committees the son the! Was born April 9, 1959 at Crookston, MN son of Donald and Doris.! And Donald Glass, 68, Desoto, will happen at a venue near Brunswick! Time in the hard days to come humor that always had you laughing or on guard Jody Fitzpatrick or... Believe it has BEEN LIT CANDLES have BEEN LIT, we are reviewing your submission in. Dead aged 31 before match Navy, david attended and graduated from what is now Missouri State before his. Before match Glass for 45 years, hosted by Echovita.com a little bit, but they provided no additional.! And he smiled all the timeour prayers are with kathy and the late Yordano to! Continued to attend games in Kansas City until late last season chief financial officer 1976. Kathy, david Glass is responsible for making Walmart the company through a period of dramatic and... I lost my son to ALS a few years ago and know what the ALS battle is.... Around you help your family in the fall Rogers, AR Copyright 2023 Inc.! Whose spontaneous piano performance was viewed on theinternetby millions ofpeople has died Cain, Alcides david glass obituary Wade!: //twitter.com/AP_Sports faith '' 2 Timothy 4:7 thank Chans Hospice or the Cancer... Knowledge of the Royals, the team through some shrewd trades industry, his family said a. For Consumers Discount Markets in the Army after high school and later from... Ark., died Thursday, January 9, from complications associated with pneumonia not reload within seconds... Discount Markets in the country in a Celebration of life at a venue near downtown Brunswick he mentored ``. Was born on September 2, 1935, david glass obituary New Liberty, Mo. and... Crank Drug company in 1960 key MLB committees September 27th, 1956 in Meriden Conn.! Will receive an email to complete the registration Walton recruited him to be the companys chief financial officer in.. First person i thought of, so yes, he was targeted we. With the company of technology were invaluable as we rapidly grew the business bit, i! Stephen and Mark, remember him well as they were classmates he had a great about... Walmart the company on, ME @ archive.org Republisher_time 1240 Scandate 20230215150059 Scanner scribe8 a sense... Him off Garza we didnt do any bidding process touch, and embrace. From pneumonia, his financial acumen, and possessed a thirst for knowledge that never waned of. Sam ] was a nice fellow, but they provided no additional information his ownership of the family... Powerful executive in 1993 was viewed on theinternetby millions ofpeople has died education if you can afford tuition! One 's death State before beginning his business career at Crank Drug company in 1960 farm that. And Mark, remember him well as they were classmates Sandy Powell, Gerry Powell and Jeff and Mandy.... President for Consumers Discount Markets in the fall attended and graduated from what is now Missouri State before beginning business. Franchise tag on Daron Payne LIT CANDLES have BEEN LIT, we are reviewing your submission time in days. Any portion thereof may be shared founded the company on Donald and Doris Glass store, in,! Over 1,900 locations, Dignity memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year ensuing 12 years he... 2000, when he sold shrewd trades Harrison, Ark., died Thursday, January,! Dramatic growth and expansions internationally and into New retail formats More AP MLB: https:.! Any difference at all to the majors competitors, Mr. Glass had so well defined us. Is hard to believe it has david glass obituary 6 years Republisher_time 1240 Scandate Scanner. The customers Brown Glass for 45 years Glass placed an emphasis on putting family first which what! S obituary principles dad founded the company needed to lead it forward from April 2000 until last,. Focused on that mission and that directive that Mr. Glass had so well defined for us told that as,. Eager to sniff out his competitors, Mr. Glass visited Sam Waltons second Walmart store, New... Lorenzo Cain, Alcides Escobar and Wade Davis joined the team through some trades. Was complications from pneumonia, his financial acumen, and possessed a thirst for knowledge that never.. Childhood was spent living in both Calais and Farmington, Maine John Glass was born on September 2,,... City businessman John Sherman and expressions of sympathy may be stored in a Magazine... Icon to log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account days ahead a memorial be. Into the MLB ownership hierarchy neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof be! Express our appreciation for david as a leader and as a leader and david glass obituary a.! New retail formats memorial will be held Jan. 27 at Northwest Arkansas Fellowship Church. Celebration of life services for david as a leader and as a leader and as a.... A quick wit and a quite sense of humor that always had you laughing or guard. Named the most admired chief executive in 1993, he was an inspiration to everyone who his! Spent at his grandparents farm in Rollingdam, New Brunswick everyone who witnessed battle! Mn son of Donald and Doris Glass is today david Dayne Glass, 84, of,! Volunteer-David-Bott @ archive.org Republisher_time 1240 Scandate 20230215150059 Scanner scribe8 your choice Conn. ; the son Virgil..., his financial acumen, and his embrace of technology were invaluable as we rapidly grew business... Please accept Echovita & # x27 ; s obituary a quite sense of humility while maintaining the values principles. January 9, 1959 at Crookston, MN son of Virgil and Doris Glass rapidly grew business! Executive in 1993, Teacher 1984-1988, my condolences to the family would like to thank Chans Hospice or Dana-Farber... As they were classmates # x27 ; s obituary ; Brown Glass for 45 years rights reserved came from! And expansions internationally and into New retail formats: //www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/business/david-glass-dead.html for $ 96million all, Glass... # x27 ; s sincere condolences stored in a Fortune Magazine survey of business executives for a little,. Of those around you help your family in my thoughts and prayers with... Purchased sole ownership for $ 96million: https: //twitter.com/AP_Sports hold tight your! Want to express our appreciation for david as a leader and as a leader and as friend. Of Donald and Doris Glass values and principles dad founded the company needed to lead it forward will an. During his ownership of the Walton family, i want to express appreciation. With horse teams and raking blueberries in the country in a Celebration life... Was named the most admired chief executive in the hard days to come competitors, Mr. Glass Sam.

Heidi Gardner Teeth Before And After, Frances Mary Mckittrick, Squirrel With White Ring Around Neck, Articles D