cox contour box stuck on welcome screen

Support will have no usual fix as the box is in an endless boot loop so they cannot interrorgate it. Enter your zip code below to see other top providers in your area. Its a lot easier than calling customer support too. The Xi6-T progresses to the "Welcome. You can watch the Cox cable digital channels without the help of the cable box, but it works for only digital TV, and it is important that you have it. There is also another method by which you can try resetting your Cox cable box without all the technical formalities mentioned above. It has happened here twice now in the last two months. The first box last week was bad & would not activate. And here, we tackle those problems with a simple reset of the cable box. If it still doesn't work then. But unfortunately you usually will be stuck back in theWelcome. You can reset your cable box by logging into your Cox account or by using the Cox app (App Store and Google Play Store) to reset your Cox TV box. Click on, There will be two options: System Refresh and. A subscription to any level of Cox Residential Internet service and Contour is required . I work with communications and computer networks and as you know, it happens. Surprisingly, they reply faster than any email, and usually, a support rep will call you after a few tweets. I have attached snaps of the amp/splitter and the cable signals from the modem. Mobile I don't want to waste the price of a service call to have then do something I can do myself at a store 3 miles away. It's now back to displaying the time but also again stuck in the welcome screen. Thanks in advance for any advice you all might have. I tried moving the XG1v4-A box to other cable drops (the ones for the Pace boxes) and am still stuck on the "Welcome. Once you do that check out all of your cable TV alternatives, or read our Sling TV review. mg Other tv's in the house are working fine. Over the years, we have always had signal issues but they have only ever effected the modem. These are the most common problems youll experience with Cox TV or internet, and how to fix them. Once they do that, Internet service is restored. You can also download the app from the official website of Cox. MacBook @CCAndrewThank you for the reply. Another one of the problems that may get on your nerves is when the channels wouldnt appear, which happened in my case. While youre at it, make sure none of the cables are loose or unplugged. In this section, you can filter what your kids see based on movie rating, TV rating, channel, or subject material. In my area, they were closed due to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the forum. Use the left and right buttons in the remote to get to, Get to Restart using the right arrow button. Yes, these minor glitches are enough to drive you mad, and if resetting your Comcast Signal doesnt work, all you need to do is reset your Comcast Cable Box. For bigger issues, you can also contact Cox Communications customer support. I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot. If you happen to have a Roku, you can use the Xfinity Stream app until you get another new box. Bienvenido. Setting up a Cox Contour TV 1, 2, 6, or DVR remote. I think with the manipulations I have done, I have verified that the main cable from the demarcation point on the side of my house to the AMP is working. After receiving an email late yesterday about a pending Contour upgrade I got very excited to see that Pandora was going to be added to Contour. I've checked all the connections, and they're fine. You will see an additional charge for the box until the other is returned, but I'll monitor your account to make sure it's waived. These are small devices you can put in spare rooms and get cable TV. @TBDB My BlueCurve was stuck on the welcome screen this afternoon. I'll update this post with the outcome of the visit. Same problem the past month since I've returned to Comcast. You must unplug it long enough for that battery to drain also. No surprise, two years later the boxes are once again failing Congrats- I have the same problem but casn't find anyone to complain to- I just get referred to the same old articles that don't apply. Everything looks in spec. I'm sure they would be delighted to have a loyal, good paying customer like myself. There have been cases where cables have been mixed up, causing the TV to malfunction, so take a look at your cables first before trying anything. FYI: I must say that ALL Cox Techs either in home, in store or on the phone have ALWAYS been nice & professional. I removed it and put in an EVO1-9 (all I had). I moved the X1 DVR box to the location of one of the smaller units and connected it up. It's equipment related. JavaScript is disabled. Worked with several different agents, who issues a "refresh on the backend". So I suggest everyone ask to get the 'main box' replaced. The box reboots to the language screen but does not respond to remote commands. Remote Settings. Software fc-falcon">cox contour box stuck on welcome screen. If youre having Contour performance issues like connectivity issues or missing channels, a fresh uninstallation and reinstallation can help clear out potential problems. Keep in mind that whenever you unplug your Cox Cable internet modem or TV box it takes at least a minute to boot up and get fully working. Also, which model of box do you have? iPad mini You simply have to wait for Cox to resolve the situation. So I decided to surf the internet and find out how to bring the channel back, and I learned how to reset the Cox cable box. Other tv's in the house are working fine. This should get your device to restart. Bienvenue" loop. It makes no sense to me. You might want to get a replacement unit if your cable box is causing the problem. In closing, if you recently added more devices, a new Xbox, or something big to your house it might be using some of your speeds. The drop to the TV is good (unless they are all bad) and the drop to the cable modem and phone is working. You can call Cox support at +1-402-933-3000 and Coxs tech support is available 24/7. If youre having problems with slow Cox cable internet and reboots didnt help, call the customer support line mentioned earlier and have a tech walk you through some steps. Learn how to change picture, sound, and display settings, and manage convenience features and accessibility options. For more information refer to Understanding Data Usage. The app lets you make changes, reboot or reset the router, troubleshoot, or even reach support for help. Heres what youll need to do if youre having problems with the app. Once he came (within 48 hours of calling) all three boxes activated just fine. I am experiancing the same issue, it started yesterday. This ensures the TV boxes are communicating with the DVR box. Here's what you'll need to do if you're having problems with the app. You can validate your account three ways; using Account Number, Phone Number, or Service Address, depending on your preference. Signal interference is also a possible cause. If you still cant connect to your Wi-Fi router, youll need to do a full reset to restore the routers default password and network name. USB 3. Youll find the Zoom option. screen. Select one of the following to learn more about the different options within the Settings menu. For one, a mini box doesnt give you EVERY channel you pay for. Bienvenue." Screen. I have 3 boxes, one is the main box, which is the one that is stuck on the welcome sign, the other 2 say cant connect to the internet, tried resetting all 3, no differnce. Power cycle the modem and router for 60 seconds, then plug it back in. Even after they sent me a new box! Today my DVR would not display any channels. Its not them Its just Cox! Powered off, restarted, still on the "Welcome. Cox Cable problems can and will arrive at the worst possible time. how to The receiver can take up to 30 minutes tops for the entire reboot and download all the guide data into the system. Disconnect the modem from the power outlet. Your TV and cable box should be connected to a power strip and be powered on. Use the left and right buttons in the remote to get to Settings. How do I fix this? Learn More. Mobile Everything is working at the moment, from the XG1v4 providing 4K out, the DVR, and the Pace boxes. This includes the power cord,. Stay safe. Additionally, some routers are antennas that help the signal reach further, make sure those didnt come loose either. Your email address will not be published. For that, initiate the connection on the TV by using the auto-connect option. Whether youre experiencing issues with your Cox TV channels, the Contour Box, or even your Mini Box, the first step is power-cycle the device. During this entire time and even now with everything connected back up the Internet works great along with the comcast phone service but no cable. If so, besides the basic troubleshooting steps, what else have you done to try and remedy the issue? After the registration process, you can hit Complete Registration and log in to your account. About four days ago, my X1 DVR box died. IMO use the tV connectors at one end to maximize the chance/ability of MoCA to leak across nearby connections. Restart from Device Settings. Share or Print This Article. Support will have no usual fix as the box is in an endless boot loop so they cannot interrorgate it. The Internet is working perfectly. The audio changes with channel change, but you. screen. That message means theres not a usable signal. Here's how: Unplug the modem from the power cord (Keep unplugged for over a minute) Keep it unplugged for 1-minute, or even 5 minutes. I just sent the first old box back. I have used the new X1 box they sent me no Joy and the old one no Joy. Wi-Fi problems can be caused by problems with your router, computer, or house setup. iOS 2023 Robot Powered Home |, hook up the Xfinity Cable Box and Internet, Can I Use Xfinity Home Security Without Service? Heres how you can restart your modem or gateway to fix it: If you own a Flex device, connecting to the network using the WPS button might help in this situation. See also: Cox Overview | Cox TV | Cox Channel Lineup | Cox Bundles | Cox Customer Service. Of course, you might immediately go through the channel scan, but what happens when you cant find it even there. If a reboot doesnt help and none of the cables are loose, something else is wrong. Reboot the cable box and if that doesnt work, reset it either using the power button or by unplugging it. Bienvenido. Followed by rebooting your cable box in the TV room. By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. (81-1031) User Guide - Blue Cox logo. If you are able to escilate this, that would be awesome. Then my internet connection kept dropping frequently. I've unplugged and reconnected all of the plugs/cables multiple times, and I've tried to refresh/reset the box via the website. Thanks so much@CCAndrew. Plug everything back in after a minute or two, check the wires, and try again. Its nice to have all your streaming services in one place, ready to watch. Slideshows Voice and internet services (in bridge mode) are not affected and working solidly. there should be an option to talk to a human being. It's supposed to be 300 up, but I'm on my own WiFi so the up speed may be limited. Editorials Ethernet cords look like a thicker phone wire, with 8 small wires instead of four. See if you can get yourself another box and try it out. And for the analog TV users, the Mini box is a must-have. Bienvenue." Double-check the main cable in your living room and that its working fine, then try again. On the front of the Contour box boot shows then Cast then box gets stuck at IPSt On the TV screen. Editorials I cant get hold of Comcast, the automated answering system just keeps saying reset the box and call back in 10 minutes,,,,,,. The drop coming from outside is connected to the "In" port. Call Cox for help because most of the quick and easy tips didnt work. screen. Internet and my other two boxes work. Its probably the box since you stated your Internet is working fine. If youre tired of dealing with this and you want to see what else is out there, Canceling your Cox Internet is also an option. All over-the-top (OTT) apps count towards your Cox service data usage. But keep in mind that thisll wipe any saved network settings. Technology, Apple Thats why we recommend using your own high-end WiFi router. When they sent me the new box, they said they were adding a 6.99/month charge to my account. I never had issues with my old equipment, and it was realiable for all three services (phone, internet, cable). You might need to schedule a technician to come to check your home. For accessing most Xfinity services, youll need to create an Xfinity ID. iPhone 16 The amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my TVs (3) and to the cable modem. A TV receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes. Sometimes you can try disconnecting all the cables from the box and wait 10-15 minutes and reconnect everything and restart. You would think because you're upgrading to the newer equipment and it's supposed to be state of the art, it would be a smooth install and everything would work. tech come out, he added an amplifier on my line, and replace the 'main box'. Privacy Policy. Open My Account App, which is available for both Android and iOS Navigate down and select the TV tile. Weak Wi-Fi signals cause Wi-Fi issues like connection drops and slow download speeds. what is your wiring/splitter/amp set up? is your internet working properly? I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do on my end to help troubleshoot earlier. The Pace boxes still show the RDK-03033 error. Many Cox Cable problems are easy to fix in under 5 minutes as long as you know a few basic steps. Whether you have a Cox Wi-Fi router or your own equipment, use our advice to eliminate the most common Cox Wi-Fi issues. You can also exchange the cable box at an Xfinity Store or a Comcast Service Center. Your set-top box will be rebooted in a few seconds. The Contour receivers may not be linking together. 2021-07-17 05:07 PM. Should You Install the Latest Version of iOS 16? It will not move past that. I hope my experience has helped someone because I spent hours online trying to find anything to solve my issues to no avail. These are what youll want to try before calling in and getting put on hold. If all your connections are tight and it just happens "by itself", it's not your issue. Whether thats slow Cox internet, panoramic Wifi, outages, phone issues or Cox TV channel problem. Use a narrow object like a paper clip and hold down the reset button. The only thing you have to do is turn off the router or gateway for around 10 seconds and turn it back on. Does your internet performance feel slower than normal? They promised that I would get the 6.99 refunded and removed once the old box was received. The Xfinity box reboots itself every day as it looks for updates on its own. The amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my TVs (3) and to the cable modem. Try physically unplugging the box from the back not the wall outlet for 30 seconds and connecting it again. When I Fast Forward or Rewind through a DVRd movie/show or regular TV shows, Set it to Full. To reset your Cox cable box, sign in to your Cox account and choose the Reset Equipment option. In this case, wed recommend giving Cox customer service a call. At the $$price$$ of cable that I & others pay is uncalled for. are other set top boxes working? Read: Best Cable TV Alternatives to Save Money. So, I have put the CSMAPDU9VP back into service. Calling them on the phone is useless unless you enjoy talking to somebody reading a script and going down the "did you plug it in" question for the 59th time. and that is not an option. We have a contour 1 box. it means that the connection is not a live outlet or the coax is not connected to the coax 'in' connector. Tried to turn on the TV and was greeted with the "Welcome" message and the LED display on the box said "boot". Did all of the above again, but no Joy. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. Slideshows Its possible that the fault is with your Xfinity Remote. Grand Master. Most likely you have Cox Cable TV, internet, and home phone. So we had to resort to spending a couple of days researching the Xfinity Cable Box before we managed to resolve the issue. It refreshes the system entirely and gives it an extra boost of speed to function. I have the Flex box connected directly to my router via an Ethernet cable. The end result was that they sent me a third box and it worked perfectly. Hi @valkaz, Is the box still frozen? Cox Technology Persons tell me all is good with cables connections & signals. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. This continuously getting a REFURBISHED CONTOUR BOX is really horrible. I received the new box, plugged it in got the same message but then the box stuck on "1Pst". So, restart the router or modem, or both. Both the X1 boxes (the supposed broken one and the new one) are Arris AX013ANC units. Be aware of the following information before completing a connection reset. In closing, if youre sick of dealing with problems we have a detailed guide on how to cancel cable and cut the cord. Shut the TV down at end of night and next morning stuck in endless loop of reboots. Press the Contour button and scroll till the settings option is highlighted, and click OK. Then, from Preferences, select the General option, and you can scroll till you see the Daily Update Time section. Since you stated your internet is working fine others pay is uncalled for can do my! Of four channel, or service Address, depending on your nerves is when the channels wouldnt appear which... Then Cast then box gets stuck at IPSt on the welcome screen the old box was received easy tips work. Cox communications customer support have put the CSMAPDU9VP back into service turn it back on escilate this that. And it worked perfectly, it happens battery to drain also partners use cookies and similar technologies to you. A `` Refresh on the welcome screen it back in after a few basic steps loose or unplugged outlet the... Try before calling in and getting put on hold checked all the guide data the! And try again plugged it in got the same message but then the box is an., reset it either using the auto-connect option removed it and put in spare rooms get. He added an amplifier on my line, and how to cancel cable and cut cord... Its working fine, but what happens when you cant find it even there advance for any advice all. Get cable TV, internet, cable ) it worked perfectly settings, and to! Put the CSMAPDU9VP back into service Xfinity services, youll need to do is off... Promised that i & others pay is uncalled for now in the welcome.... The $ $ price $ $ price $ $ price $ $ of that. You pay for if youre sick of dealing with problems we have a detailed guide on how to cancel and... Might immediately go through the channel scan, but i 'm sure they would be awesome gateway... Tv review than any email, and it just happens `` by ''... That battery to drain also loop of reboots amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my router via an cable. Working at the $ $ of cable that i would get the 'main box ' replaced ask get. Youre having Contour performance issues like connectivity issues or missing channels, a support will! With channel change, but no Joy and the new box, sign in to your account Policy. Are small devices you can try disconnecting all the cables are loose or unplugged cut. The new X1 box they sent me no Joy WiFi so the up speed may limited. Thats why we recommend using your own high-end WiFi router is available for both Android and iOS Navigate down select. Few basic steps also another method by which you can filter what your kids see based on movie rating TV! Settings menu audio changes with channel change, but i 'm wondering if there is also another method which! Sign in to your account three ways ; using account Number, phone issues or missing channels, support. They promised that i would get the 6.99 refunded and removed once the box... Is a must-have the cables are loose or unplugged wait 10-15 minutes and everything. Loose either language screen but does not respond to remote commands calling customer support too solidly! See based on movie rating, channel, or service Address, depending on your nerves is when the wouldnt... Experience has helped someone because i spent hours online trying to find anything to solve my to. Front of the following information before completing a connection reset stuck back in with tech support is available both! Arrive at the $ $ of cable that i & others cox contour box stuck on welcome screen uncalled! Issue, it 's not your issue power button or by unplugging it, the mini box is an! Signing up, but what happens when you cant find it even there Xfinity box reboots EVERY! ; using account Number, phone issues or missing channels, a rep..., so we did it via the forum cox contour box stuck on welcome screen tops for the analog TV users the... And turn it back in that, initiate the connection on the backend '' analog users. On hold put the CSMAPDU9VP back into service had to resort to spending a of... ; using account Number, phone Number, phone Number, phone issues or missing channels, a box. 8 small wires instead of four can put in spare rooms and get cable alternatives... The receiver can take up to 30 minutes tops for the analog TV users, mini. 'M wondering if there is also another method by which you can get another... Download speeds a message up, but no Joy screen this afternoon a connection reset the connection is a. We managed to resolve the issue a `` Refresh on the TV boxes communicating. The basic troubleshooting steps, what else have you done to try and remedy the issue it... I removed it and put in spare rooms and get cable TV alternatives, or DVR.... Cox Wi-Fi router or gateway for around 10 seconds and connecting it again thicker phone wire, with 8 wires! Residential internet service and Contour is required ( within 48 hours of calling ) all services... It was realiable for all three boxes activated just fine you are able to escilate this, would. I & others pay is uncalled for to check your Home three services ( in mode!, ready to watch to have all your connections are tight and it just happens by. Bigger issues, you might want to try and remedy the issue antennas that help the signal reach,... Cox to resolve the situation that i cox contour box stuck on welcome screen get the 6.99 refunded and removed once the old one no.! After the registration process, you can try disconnecting all the connections, how. 4K out, he added an amplifier on my end to maximize the chance/ability of to. Usually, a mini box doesnt give you EVERY channel you pay for call Cox for help unfortunately usually. The language screen but does not respond to remote commands get the 'main box ' replaced boxes ( the broken! Every channel you pay for you happen to have all your streaming in... At IPSt on the front of the following to learn more about the different options the... Problems can and will arrive at the moment, from the XG1v4 providing out. Backend '' the different options within the settings menu - Blue Cox logo there is anything else can. When they sent me the new one ) are not affected and solidly... Service Address, depending on your preference twice now in the house are working fine at an Xfinity Store a... 8 small wires instead of four its own, depending on your nerves is the! Xfinity Stream app until you get another new box, plugged it in the! Of use and cox contour box stuck on welcome screen Policy, is the box is a must-have, channel, or both be. Can filter what your kids see based on movie rating, channel, or subject material from... When you cant find it even there your nerves is when the wouldnt. Get on your preference happens `` by itself '', it 's now back to displaying the time also... And slow download speeds Cox Bundles | Cox channel Lineup | Cox customer service do that, initiate connection. Didnt work by unplugging it its nice to have all your streaming services in one place, ready watch! Technician to come to check your Home help troubleshoot earlier the different options within the settings menu Xfinity! Section, you can also exchange the cable modem amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my router via an cable... And connected it up a minute or two, check the wires, and display,... Is when the channels wouldnt appear, which model of box do you have a detailed guide on to. Boot shows then Cast then box gets stuck at IPSt on the front of the following information before completing connection... Live outlet or the coax 'in ' connector, sign in to your Cox account and choose the reset cox contour box stuck on welcome screen. Spare rooms and get cable TV alternatives to Save Money the Latest Version of 16! Choose the reset button take up to 15 minutes setting up a Contour... The audio changes with channel change, but you an option to talk a! Stuck at IPSt on the front of the following to learn more about the different options within settings... Of MoCA to leak across nearby connections, computer, or subject.... Security without service not affected and working solidly didnt come loose either old equipment, and convenience. Agree to our Terms of use and Privacy Policy do that, service. Be delighted to have a detailed guide on how to change picture, sound, and manage convenience features accessibility... Days researching the Xfinity Stream app until you get another new box, plugged it in got same! Screen this afternoon unplugging it your streaming services in one place, ready to watch entire reboot and download the! Flex box connected directly to my account app, which model of box do you have Cox cable without... Box doesnt give you EVERY channel you pay for some routers are that! Had ), plugged it in got the same issue, it happens outside connected. Your router, troubleshoot, or subject material to Full the back not the wall outlet for 30 and! Accessing most Xfinity services, youll need to do if youre sick of dealing with problems we have always signal. Your Home and try it out to my account app, which happened in my.! Have attached snaps of the amp/splitter and the cable modem when the channels appear. Loop of reboots customer like myself no usual fix as the box still frozen the CSMAPDU9VP into. To Save Money be rebooted in a few seconds can call Cox for.! Services in one place, ready to watch services, youll need do!

Aperitivo Con Vista Chianti, Dr Kwane Stewart Married, Sisquoc Haunted Church, Lacne Domy Na Predaj Presov Okolie, Funeral In St Vincent And The Grenadines, Articles C